Table of Contents
LPUNEST 2020 Dates (Revised), Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
LPUNEST is a university level examination conducted twice in a year for admission in various courses like Engineering, Law and MBA. Besides admission, this exam is also treated as a scholarship test. Based on the performance of the candidates in the exam, the university will provide a scholarship of up to Rs 5 lakhs. Check LPUNEST 2020 Scholarship. LPU NEST is conducted in online mode only and the university has created centres in more than 200 cities across India.
Latest: LPU NEST 2020 B.Tech slot booking and exam date extended to June 3 and June 7 respectively. Candidates can apply for LPU NEST 2020 till May 31, 2020
- Due to Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, as per the notifications of central and state governments, it is safe to stay at home. Therefore this year, LPUNEST has Conducted an online exam for the students.
- Check Here General Guidelines for the online exam
- After applying for the exam, candidates are required to book slots.
- Applicants appearing for LPUNEST (B.Tech.) should have either completed or shall be appearing in the final examination of 10+2 from a recognised board. To be eligible for LPUNEST 2020 candidate should acquire 60% and above in their +2 examinations with the subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology.
- LPUNEST 2020 Exam Pattern consists of 30 questions in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology and 20 questions in English.
- There is no negative marking and each correct answer fetches 4 marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology and 2 marks in English.
- Syllabus for LPUNEST 2020 test is similar to that of the +2.
- LPUNEST 2020 Application Form was released on January 16, 2020.
Note: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST.
LPUNEST 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST)|
|Conducting Body||Lovely Professional University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate Engineering/B.Tech courses|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
LPUNEST 2020 Exam Dates
B.Tech. Admission Schedule
|Start of Admission||Ongoing|
|Last Date of Admission||May 31, 2020|
|Slot booking for online examination||May 5, 2020 - June 3, 2020|
|Entrance examination dates||May 15, 2020 - June 7, 2020|
|Result||Within 4 days after the conduct of exam|
- Applicants who do not have LPUNEST score or JEE (Mains) score because they did not appear for exams in January / February shall apply for admission on or before 31st May 2020.
- Candidate can also apply for admission to avail the maximum scholarship benefits and later on, can apply for LPUNEST exam.
- Last date to apply for admission for candidates who have participated in Special Schedule of counseling for B.Tech is May 31, 2020.
Important Dates For MBA
|Particulars||Schedule (For New Applicants)|
|Last date to apply for Interview||May 31, 2020|
|Interview Scheduling||April 22, 2020- May 31, 2020|
|Interview Conduct||April 26, 2020 Onwards|
|Interview Result||Within 4 days of appearing for interview|
|Admission*||Within 7 days after the declaration of Interview result|
Candidates, who have already appeared for and have cleared the MBA Interview in January and April schedule, shall proceed with admission as per the last date of May 31, 2020
*Last date to apply for admission is May 31, 2020 to avail the maximum scholarship benefits.
Important Dates for M.Sc. Agriculture Programmes
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||May 3, 2020|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||May 7, 2020 – May 12, 2020|
|Display of Result||May 15, 2020|
|Seat Preferences||May 15, 2020 – May 17, 2020|
|Allotment Letter||May 20, 2020|
|Date of Admission||May 20, 2020 – May 25, 2020|
Note: Candidates who have appeared and qualified January Schedule of LPUNEST shall continue to fill Seat Preference as per above mentioned dates.
Important Dates For LLM
|Online Registration Starts on||January 16, 2020|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||May 20, 2020|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||May 25, 2020|
|Date of Examination||May 25 to May 27, 2020|
|Display of Result||May 29, 2020|
|Date of Admission||Upto May 31, 2020|
Note:-Candidates, who have already appeared in the January Schedule of LPUNEST (subject to eligibility) shall proceed with admission.
Important Dates For Ph.d. (Autumn Term)
|Particulars||Schedule I||Schedule II|
|Online Registration Starts on||February 5, 2020||May 20, 2020|
|Slot Booking for Exam||May 8, 2020 onwards||May 25, 2020 onwards|
|Last date of Registration||May 19, 2020||June 24, 2020|
|Dates of Entrance Test||May 22 – 24, 2020||June 26 – 28, 2020|
|Result of LPUNEST (Ph.D.)||June 2, 2020||July 7, 2020|
|Polling for Interview Slot||June 2 – 6, 2020||July 7 – 12, 2020|
|Interview schedule||June 11 – 16, 2020||July 18 – 23, 2020|
|Result of Interview||June 22, 2020||August 1, 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||July 10, 2020||August 7, 2020|
Note:- Except for programmes mentioned above, candidates can directly apply for admission (if satisfying the eligibility criteria). For further details, please visit www.lpu.in
LPUNEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for LPUNEST 2020. The university sets minimum criteria for aspirants; if they fulfill the below-mentioned exam Eligibility Criteria, they can write the exam.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed or will be appearing in 2020, in the final examination of 10 + 2 from CBSE or ICSE or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc.
- For admission in B.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech and Integrated B.Tech - MBA, applicants should at least have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English)
For B.Tech. Biotechnology, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (Petroleum), the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
LPUNEST 2020 Scholarship
Scholarship Categories: Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification (for example 10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- LPU’s Entrance and Scholarship Test: LPUNEST
- Certain national level tests like JEE Mains, NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT etc.
Scholarship Brackets: For each category mentioned above, three brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2 and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria (for example scores in qualifying exam) which an applicant has to reach for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. The criteria in each bracket decreases as it proceeds and so does the scholarships. So, the students meeting the requirement of Bracket- 1 gets the highest Scholarship and the those in Bracket – 2 or 3 gets relatively lesser scholarship.
Scholarship Phases: The amount of Scholarship also depends on the Phase in which the candidate takes Admission in the University. Admissions in LPU is done in different Phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission time period. Phase 2 starts as early as January 2020 and continues till the end of April 2020. The subsequent phases (Phase 2, 3, 4) are conducted only if the seats in the concerned Programme remain vacant. The amount of Scholarship reduces with each passing phase and no Scholarship is offered in Phase 4 (if conducted). The dates for Phase 2, 3 and 4 are as follows:
Amount of Scholarship in different Phases and Brackets: The Scholarship amount/ percentage varies as per the following table:
|Phase – 1||50%||40%||30%|
|Phase – 2||40%||30%||20%|
|Phase – 3||30%||20%||10%|
Details of Scholarship Brackets: Scholarship brackets for various categories are detailed below:
For Lateral Entry Programmes, in addition to Eligibility Qualification, Scholarship will also be offered on the basis of qualification previous to Eligibility qualification. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech (Lateral Entry) can seek scholarship on the basis of Diploma (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification previous to Diploma).
LPUNEST: For each Scholarship bracket, cut-offs are determined by the University and accordingly the Scholarships as mentioned in Table – 1 is offered. To know the tentative cut-off for various programmes and approximate number of students falling in different categories, refer university website www.lpu.in
In addition, the Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependents.
LPUNEST 2020 Application Form
LPU NEST 2020 Application form is released by the university for various UG & PG programmes. The aspirants can apply for the test via online and offline mode. Candidates can also obtain the application form and LPU NEST kit through the university centers.
- The candidates those wish to apply for entrance exam can apply as per the schedule given above.
- The candidates can register themselves on the website through online and offline mode.
- Candidates have to fill the basic details to generate the application number and password for subsequent logins.
- The application process will be started on different dates for all offered courses. Candidates can apply as per the course for which they are seeking admission.
- At the time of filling LPUNEST 2020 Application Form, candidates need to fill the exam center preference and book the slot for the online exam.
- The application form will be considered as completed only after the payment of application fee.
LPUNEST 2020 Application Fee
- Application fee can be paid in both online and offline mode.
- For online payment – Pay the application fee via Credit Card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
- For offline payment – Pay the application fee in Cash at the university campus or any other prescribed place.
- The application fee for online form and Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is INR 800 for Boys and INR 500 for Girls.
- The application fee for online form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is INR 1000 for Boys and INR 700 for Girls.
- The application fee for offline form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is INR 800 for Boys and INR 500 for Girls.
LPUNEST 2020 Slot Booking
After sending the application form, candidates are required to book a slot for their examination. The slot booking window will be activated on the website.
The link provided on the website will direct the candidates to a registration window. They are required to fill in their application number in order to book the slot. There are two options for booking exam slot -
- Applicant (In case you want to select date yourself)
- University (If you want to authorize University for slot booking)
- After selecting an option, fill your test city carefully as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
- Applicants have to provide 5 choices of exam date if he/she opts for the university option for slot booking
Online Test booking system is a web-based online scheduling system that will be available at nest.lpu.in from April 2020.
Applicants can book center, date and time as per their own convenience. They have to book the test at least 3 days before the desired date.
- Slot bookings are done on the first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- It is strongly advised that applicant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
In case candidates authorize the university to book a slot, University will allow any one date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots.
- Applicants should visit www.lpu.in regularly and are required to fill username and password to check the allocated slot for the test.
- In case of non-availability of slots out of the choices filled by the applicant or any other delay, the university will allocate a different date to the applicant.
General Guidelines for Remotely Proctored Online Exam
General Guidelines for Remotely Proctored Online Exam
Due to Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, as per the notifications of central and state governments, it is safe to stay at home. Therefore, LPUNEST Conducts online exam to facilitate the prospective students to appear in the LPUNEST using remotely proctored online exam by staying at home. Following are the pivotal points that you should know before you appear in the exam: -
The remote proctoring module needs the following system configuration and requirements: -
Processor: Core 2 Duo & above Processor
Speed: 1.5 GHz & above RAM: Minimum 1 GB
Operating System (Windows)- Minimum: Windows 7 Recommended: Windows 10
Operating System (MAC)- Minimum: MAC OS X Recommended: MAC OS
- Remote proctoring module requires a proper internet connection of minimum 1 Mbps.
- You should have a working web camera and mic available/attached with your Laptop/desktop.
- Ensure proper lighting in the room so that the pictures captured during the exam are not blurred.
- You will receive login information prior to the exam.
- LPU counsellor will call you prior to the exam to make you accustomed with the entire process, infrastructure requirements and other important information to appear in test.
- You will be under constant observation during the entire duration of the test via artificial intelligence tools and live monitoring by the proctors. Any suspected activity will lead to the immediate termination of exam. The AI tools will be able to detect any movement of face or eyeballs and highlight the same automatically. The candidate will be under constant vigilance of proctor through live feed to deter any suspicious activity of the candidate.
LPUNEST 2020 Admit Card
- The candidates can get their admit card after booking their slot for the exam.
- Just after the booking slot, candidates can download the LPUNEST Admit Card 2020.
- Candidates those exam slot will be booked by the university, can download the admit card after 48 hours from the slot booking through the official website of the university.
- The admit cards will not be send to any candidate individually.
LPUNEST 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Type of Questions: Questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be set in English language.
- Total Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English
- Duration: The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for PCM/B sections and 2 marks for English.
- No Negative Marking.
|Duration of Examination||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Medium of Language||English or Hindi|
|Nature of Question||Objective i.e., Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||110 Questions|
Note: Candidates must not carry any paper or pens to the exam centre. Rough sheets will be provided at the centre.
LPUNEST 2020 Syllabus
- The question for MBA exam will be asked from English, General Awareness and General Aptitude.
- For B.Tech, the syllabus will be prepared from the 12th class syllabus which will contain the subjects like physics, chemistry, english, mathematics/biology.
- In Law exam, the topics will be picked from the Quantitative and Logical Aptitude, Legal Reasoning, Legal Reasoning and English.
LPUNEST 2020 Result
- After the successful completion of the exam, the result will be declared for various courses.
- The candidates will able to check their results through online mode on the university website.
- To check the result, candidates will be needed their login credentials. So, keep the application number and password secure.
- The university will release the cut off marks for various courses. It can be different for all courses.
- The result will also be sent on the candidate’s registered email Id.
How to Check LPUNEST 2020 Result?
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2020 will be activated on the official website.
- Candidate will be required to enter their application number to access the result.
- Click on download and print out the result for further processes.
- Result will also be sent to the candidates through their registered email IDs.
LPUNEST 2020 Cut Off
LPUNEST 2020 Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate requires to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2020-21 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year cut offs. The scholarship will also be awarded to those students who score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on number of applicants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score in the entrance test.
LPUNEST 2020 Counselling
- After publication of the result, the university will start the counselling or admission procedure.
- The counselling will be conducted through online mode in which seats will be allocated to the candidates.
- The candidates can participate in the admission procedure on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam and Interview.
- Candidates have to select the courses of their choices in the admission form, and upload the required documents.
- After verification of the documents, the candidates will be allotted the seat. Candidates can get admission within the prescribed time limits.
- Date of Birth Proof (10th certificate, PAN card/Aadhaar card)
- 10+2 Passing Certificate
- Score Card/ Rank card
LPUNEST 2020 – Streams Offered
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ME - Mechatronics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Food Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- CHE - Petroleum
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road,
Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144411
Phone: +91-1824-404404 | 1800 102 4431Fax: +91-1824-506100 (Admission)
Fax: +91-1824-506111 (General)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Admissions)
Email: email@example.com (General)
LPUNEST 2020 FAQs
Ques. What are the courses offered by the LPU?
Ans. The courses offered by Lovely Professional University are : Engineering, Law, Design, Agriculture, Hotel Management and MBA.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to appear for LPUNEST 2020?
Ans. An applicant should be an Indian citizen, qualified class 12 with 60% marks with subjects Physics, Mathematics and English (for BTech) (General category).
Ques. How can a student deposit the fee after seat allocation?
Ans. After seat allocation, candidate can deposit the fee through Online Mode or manually by visiting the University Campus/ Camp Office.
Ques. Is there any provision for the revaluation of the LPUNEST answers?
Ans. LPU NEST doesnot provide the facility of revaluation of the LPUNEST answers because it is an online Computer Based Test (CBT).
Ques. What is the relaxation offered to candidates of other categories?
Ans. The relaxation offered is :
10% relaxation to outstanding Sports Persons (i.e. A/A+ category as per Sports Scholarship), which is subject to verification from Selection committee of the University.
5% relaxation to North-East states and Sikkim candidates/ Defence Personnel and their Dependents/ Wards of Kashmiri Migrants.
Ques. What is the procedure to break the tie between two or more candidates?
Ans. If there will be a tie between two or more candidates then the comparison will be made between the subject wise scores obtained by them and the age of the candidates. The elder candidate will be given priority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College