MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern – MAH CET is an online mode examination with 200 objective type question. Through MAH CET exam pattern, a candidate will get the idea of the pattern of questions, marking scheme, duration, and syllabus.Check MAHCET 2018 Answer Key, Question Paper, Analysis & Cut off
There are 4 sections namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Here we provide you all the detailed information regarding MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern.
Here are some quick facts about MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern:
- MAH CET is an online mode test.
- MAH CET Syllabus will have questions from Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- MAH CET exam is a MCQ (Multiple-Choice Questions) test.
- There is no negative marking.
- There will be a total of 200 objective type questions.
- The duration of test is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- 1 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
The distribution of questions in MAH CET 2018 is given below:
|Topic||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability / Reading Comprehension||50||50||1|
MAH CET 2018 Exam Dates
The schedule proposed for MAH CET 2018 is such that the exam is scheduled on March, 10 & 11 2018 . MAH CET 2018 is conducted in online mode. Given below is the detail of exam given below:
|MAH CET 2018 Entrance Exam||March, 10 & 11 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Result Declaration||Third week of March, 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Counselling||Third week of May, 2018|
MAH CET 2018 Marking Scheme
Aspirants must know the marking scheme in order to decide how to attempt questions in the exam. No change is expected in exam pattern this year. Marking scheme of MAH CET is expected to be as follows:
- 1 mark will be awarded for marking every correct answer.
- There will be no penalty for wrong answers i.e. negative marking is not applicable.
- No mark will be deducted from the total score for leaving a question blank or not attempting it.
- Marking of two options will be considered as a wrong answer.
Use of MAH CET 2018 Optical Response Sheet
MAH CET 2018 is a computer based online test. It is important to know how to attempt the questions on optical response sheet displayed on your computer screen. The details of the optical response sheet are as given below:
- Questions asked will be objective type with each question having 5 options. Out of these 1 will be correct. The candidate must choose the most appropriate response for the question according to them.
- To select response, aspirants can do one of the following:
- Click on question number from question palette at the right of your screen to go to that question directly.
- Click on the option that you wish to mark as your answer.
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ to save your response.
- You can also review the existing response by clicking on ‘Mark for Review and Next’ and save answer of the present question.
- Click on another option if you wish to change your answer or click on ‘Clear response’.
- During evaluation of the exam, the response marked for Review will be taken as final answer.
- Aspirants will be directed to the next question automatically once they click on ‘Save and Next’ tab.
- Questions that are saved or marked for review will be considered for evaluation only after answering the question.
- To check the status of questions of the exam, you can move the mouse cursor over the names of the section.
- You can shuffle between questions from any section in any order while attempting the exam according to your convenience.
- Failure of candidates to adhere to the instructions of invigilator will be treated as a case of misconduct and the aspirant would be liable for debarment from appearing for examinations for a period decided by CET Authority.
- Students can seek clarification in an event of any doubt that arises from the exam invigilator.
- No doubts from aspirants will be entertained once the examination begins.
- A clock is set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining. When the clock runs out the exam ends by default- you are not required to end or submit your exam.
- On completion of 150 minutes, candidates will not be able to attempt any questions or check their response. Even if the aspirant fails to click on the ‘Submit button’ the responses of the aspirant will be automatically saved by the computer system.
MAH CET 2018 Important Instructions
Candidates must ensure that they follow certain rules to maintain the decorum in the examination hall and for smooth running of exam:
- Candidates must carry their MAH CET 2018 admit card, original proof of identity and a passport size photograph.
- Aspirants must carry a ball-point pen to the venue.
- A rough sheet will be provided at the center which should later be submitted to the invigilator.
- Do not waste your time in reading all the questions first and then deciding on which ones to answer.
- Start answering questions in the test one by one.
- If you find a question difficult skip it and go to the next question.
- Candidates must report 30 minutes prior to the reporting time at the center.
MAH CET 2018 Syllabus
The exam is divided into 3 sections. One of the 3 sections has 2 distinct parts - Logical Reasoning and Abstract reasoning with varying number of questions. The online test contains all MCQs only. MAH CET Syllabus as per DTE Maharashtra is as follows-
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
- This will include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think.
- fThe section may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also on Verbal Reasoning.
- This will include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers.
- To ace, this section, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage etc.
- This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- This will include the passages with questions based on their contents to test your comprehension.
- In this, English language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc.
- To answer the questions, candidate must comprehend questions on –
- Understanding of the contents of the passages
- Choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College