MAT 2019: Admit Card (Out), Exam Date, Registration, Syllabus, Pattern and Result
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by AIMA four times in a year for admissions to more than 600 B-schools across India. It is held in the month of February, May, September and December in both Online and offline mode. Around 20.000 candidates appear for every session in MAT exam.
- MAT Registration 2019 for September Session is over. The CBT mode test was held on 14 September and PBT test will take place on 21 September.
- The exam is conducted in online and offline mode, candidates can choose the mode as per their convenience.
- MAT comprises a total of 200 questions categorized in 5 sections to be solved in the duration of 2.5 hours. Check MAT Exam Pattern 2019
- Result for September session will be released on or after 28 September 2019.
- MAT is held in more than 5 test centers across India.
- Qualifying candidates will be called for written ability test, followed by Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round.
Read on to know more about MAT 2019 for September session.
MAT 2019 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|Periodicity||Four times a year (February, May, September, December)|
|MAT Official Website||aima.in/testing-services/mat/mat.html|
|Mode of Application Process||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen Paper Based and Computer-Based Mode|
|Mat Application Fee|
Rs. 1550/- for 1 exam
Rs. 2650/- for 2 exams
|Validity of MAT Score||One Academic Year|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Mat Exam Pattern||5 Sections with 40 Questions in Each Section|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or email@example.com|
MAT 2019 September Session Exam Dates
MAT 2019 for September session will be conducted on September 21, 2019 in offline mode. online exam was held on September 14, 2019. The below table represents all the important dates of MAT 2019 September session.
|Event||Pen-Paper based Test||Computer-based Test|
|Registration begins from||June 19, 2019||June 19, 2019|
|Last date of registration||September 10, 2019|
|Admit card release date||September 10, 2019 (4 PM onwards)|
|Exam Date||September 14, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||On or after September 28, 2019||On or after September 28, 2019|
MAT 2019 December Session Exam Dates
MAT exam date for December session is still not confirmed but the registration for the same will commence from October 1, 2019. The list of important dates for MAT 2019 December session is tabulated below:
|Registration Starts||October 1, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Last date of registration||November 24, 2019 (Sunday)|
|Exam date||Second week of December 2019|
|MAT December result date||December 24, 2019|
- Candidate can choose any mode i.e.Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT) or can opt forBOTH.
- Candidates opting for both PBT and CBT have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions for sending their scores, in addition to the current option of selecting 5 Management Institutes, i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutes in total. Check Top B-Schools Accepting MAT Scores
MAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed or are in the final year of graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for MAT.
- Candidates with an equivalent professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Final year students can apply on a provisional basis. And have to produce their marksheet at the time of MAT counselling.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age to appear in MAT.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
Read More MAT Eligibility Criteria
For top colleges in India, MAT Cut off 2019 is expected to touch 95+ percentile.The exam offers a candidate an opportunity to improve their score after every three months.
MAT 2019 Online Registration
Completing MAT Registration primarily involves three steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of MAT Exam Fee. Here is how you can register for MAT in online mode:
- Visit MAT official website, i.e. aima.in.
- Click on “Apply for MAT September 2019” to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Enter your name, mobile number, date of birth and email id to register.
- Fill MAT Application Form using your personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned images, i.e., colored passport size recent photograph and signature adhere to the prescribed format.
- Pay the stipulated MAT exam fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
MAT 2019 Application Fee
- The fee for MAT Exam can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- Candidate can opt for both the tests, i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of INR 1100 in addition to INR 1550.
- There is no fee concession for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
- The DD should reach the following address on or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
MAT 2019 Application Form Correction
- It may be possible that some of the candidates entered incorrect details due to lack of proper information or documents.
- AIMA does not allow correction in MAT September application form.
- However, for any further questions, you can contact them on 011-47673020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- AIMA has not reported any changes in the exam pattern of MAT 2019.
- MAT will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However, MAT Exam Pattern will remain the same.
- The paper pattern of MAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
|Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online and offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
For each correct answer- +1 marks
For each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
Here is the section-wise exam pattern in MAT:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT 2019 (September Session) Admit Card
- MAT September 2019 Admit Card for PBT released on 17 September for which the exam is to be held on 21 September.
- Separate admit cards are issued for online and offline exams.
- It contains details such as the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- In case of any discrepancy observed in MAT 2019 Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download MAT Admit Card?
Students can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA mat.aima.in
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter any two details- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take a printout of the admit card for further use.
- Admit Card will be verified and signed by the invigilator during the test.
- The upper half of the admit card will be handed over to the invigilator and the lower half to candidate.
MAT 2019 Exam Day Guidelines
- Candidates should appear atleast 90 minutes befoe the commencement of exam.
- Entry to exam hall will be permitted upto half and hour before the exam begins.
- A valid ID proof, admit card and blue/black ball point pen should be duly brought to th exam center.
- Calculator, mobil, electronic gadgets are no allowed in the exam hall.
MAT 2019 Exam Centers
- AIMA has released the list of MAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted.
- MAT exam in offline mode will be held in 51 cities, as compared to the computer-based test which is conducted in 12 cities across the country.
- MAT Exam is also conducted in Dubai and Singapore.
- While filling MAT application form, candidates are advised to select the exam center according to their preference.
- AIMA will preferably try to allow the chosen MAT Exam Centers filled by the candidates in the application form. The venue of the exam center and instructions will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
MAT score is accepted by more than 600 b Schools across India. Here is a list of top colleges:
|Asian School of Business Management||OP Jindal Global University|
|ITM University||Christ University|
|GITAM Institute of Management|
|JIMS Rohini||Taxila Business School, Jaipur|
MAT Previous Session Paper Analysis
- Overall, the paper was of moderate difficulty level, and an attempt of 105 to 120 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
- A few questions in Indian & Global Environment section turned trickier and time-consuming.
- The Data Analysis & Sufficiency section was a bit tricky.
Here is a section-wise analysis of MAT Exam:
|Section||Total Questions||Level of Difficulty||Approximate time taken (in mins)|
|Intelligence and Critical reasoning||40||Moderate||22-26|
|Mathematical skills||40||Moderate to Difficult||25-28|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||Quite tough||20-25|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||Easy to moderate||17-22|
Read MAT Paper Analysis
MAT 2019 (September) Important Topics
- The syllabus for MAT contains questions of graduation level. It is designed to test a candidate’s General Aptitude.
- MAT Syllabus is divided into five sections- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Indian and Global Environment.
Here are some of the most important topics in MAT Exam:
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Instalment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International Organisations|
|Book Name||Publisher Writer|
|Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Ananta Ashisha|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for MAT||Arun Sharma|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Gautam Puri|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit Sinha|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT||Sarvesh Verma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Nishit Sinha Trishna|
For Genral Awareness candidates can refer to The Mega Yearbook 2019: Current Affairs & General Knowledge For Competitive Exams. Check Detailed MAT 2019 Preparation Tips
MAT Mock Test 2019
MAT Question Paper often gives surprises to the test-takers. To your rescue, CollegeDunia has studied the previous years’ papers and came up with a model question paper of MAT 2019. The questions are based on last year papers. MAT Mock Test will help students learn about the exam pattern, structure, level of difficulty etc. This mock paper will surely help you in your preparation and ace the exam.
In order to enhance preparation level candidates can solve previous year question papers from Face To Face MAT With 19 Years (1997-2018) by BS Sijwali and MAT 18 Years Topic-Wise Solved Papers by Disha Experts (1997-2014).
How to Download MAT Mock Test?
Given below are some easy steps to download CAT Question Papers by Collegedunia:
- Click on the link for MAT Mock Test 2019
- A pdf file will open
- Download the sample paper for practice
Top MAT Coaching Centers
There can be several reasons for not clearing MAT Exam, like, not having the proper study material, improper guidance, or lack of preparation, etc. To overcome all these problems, the role of MAT coaching centers comes into play. With the help of guidance from an expert present in the coaching center, students can easily get into top MAT colleges.
Teachwell Professional Studies Institute Pvt. Ltd.
Smart Prep Education Pvt. Ltd.
Career Launcher India Ltd.
Global Smart Infotech & Education
IMS Test Preparation
InformationInfocation – A unit of Nices
Other Upcoming Management Entrance Exam
Apart from MAT, there are many other management exams through which candidates can get into the topmost management institutes. Below given is the list of another management exams, date of the exam and recent process of the same.
|Exam Name||Exam Date||Detailed Information|
|NMAT 2019||October 4 – December 17, 2019||Click Here|
|CAT 2019||November 24, 2019||Click Here|
|SNAP 2020||December 15, 2019||Click Here|
|XAT 2020||January 5, 2020||Click Here|
|CMAT 2020||January 24, 2020||Click Here|
|GMAT 2019||Can be taken through a year||Click Here|
MAT 2019 FAQs
Ques.What is the qualification needed to appear in MAT exam?
Ans. The minimum qualification to take MAT exam is graduation from a recognised university or equivalent can appear in the exam. Final year candidate pursuing undergraduate program (B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear in the exam provisionally. Candidates with an equivalent professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA are eligible to apply for the exam. CheckMAT 2019 Eligibility.
Ques. Is there any minimum percentage requirement to appear in MAT?
Ans. No, unlike other management exams, MAT has no percentage/CGPA requirement in qualifying degree.
Ques. What is the age criteria to appear in MAT exam?
Ans.There is no age bar to appear in MAT exam.
Ques. Which MAT session out of February, May, September, and December is better to take?
Ans.It is completely the choice of a candidate in which session they want to take MAT exam. Candidates can choose the session according to their preference.
Ques. Is MAT conducted in both online and offline mode?
Ans. Yes, since 2009 MAT is conducted in both the formats- Computer based test and Pen-paper test. candidates as per their convenience opt in which mode they want to give the exam.
Ques. What is MAT 2019 Exam Pattern?
Ans. MAT is objective type test with 200 questions to be attempted in 150 minutes. There are 5 sections (Mathematical Skills, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment. There are 40 questions in each section.
Ques. What are the best reference books to crack MAT?
Ans.There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain an awesome percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for MAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- Ten challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Ques. What is better between the Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based Test?
Ans. MAT Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based test are conducted at a gap of one week. Candidate sits in front of a computer screen and submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate.
The Paper-Based Test is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. Here, the candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Center.
Ques. What are the differences between CAT and MAT exam?
Ans. Some of the significant differences in CAT & MAT are given below:
- Basic Eligibility- While a candidate must secure 50% marks in Graduation to apply for CAT, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for MAT.
- Mode of Exam- CAT is conducted online, while MAT is held in both online and offline methods on different dates.
- Difficulty Level- Trends reveal that CAT is much more robust than MAT, though the syllabus remains the same for both the exams, with an additional section of General knowledge in MAT.
- Conducting Body- CAT is conducted by IIMs on a rotational basis, while AIMA organizes MAT.
- Periodicity of Exam- While CAT is conducted once a year, MAT is organized four times a year.
- Colleges- CAT Score is accepted by Tier I institutes and B-Schools including IIMs. On the other hand, MAT is accepted by Tier II institutes and B-Schools. Read Key Differences between MAT & CAT
Ques. How many institutes participate in MAT exam?
Ans. More than 600 management institute participate in MAT every year. The number of participating institutes keep on changing each year. Check MAT Participating Colleges
Ques. Which are the best management colleges in which students can get admission through MAT 2019?
Ans. According to NIRF ranking, given below are the top 5 MAT participating colleges in which students can take admission.
- Alliance University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Institute of Rural Management
- Lovely Professional University
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology
Ques. From where can I get MAT scorecard?
Ans. Candidates should visit the official website mat.aima.in to download the score card. score card contains the composite score and percentile of the candidate.
Ques. How can I get admission in top MBA college through MAT?
Ans. Candidates who have appeared in MAT exam will be shortlisted for the further round of selection process based on their scores. Candidates can participate in the selection process of that institute only for which they have applied for. Depending upon their performance in WAT, GD, and PI, candidates will be selected for admission.
Ques. What are the benefits of appearing in MAT 2019?
Ans.There are multiple benefits to appear for MAT Exam, such as the following:
- Certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India
- Entrance test for recognized programs
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students
- Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments
- Employing the latest technology in evaluation and result processing
- Individual scorecard with the candidate's photograph
- Test Centers located all over the country
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College