Table of Contents
MAT 2020 IBT Exam Dates, Registration (Extended), Admit Card, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) May session has been postponed by AIMA due to COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown across India. The exam will be conducted on June 14 for paper based mode and June 21, 2020 for computer test mode from 10 AM – 12:30 PM. As a further measure AIMA has introduced Remotely Proctored Internet Based Test from next session onwards on seperate dates. Candidates can take MAT IBT from their homes given they have the required facilities from May 25 to June 25, 2020. MAT Admit Card for IBT mode phase 2 has been released on May 26, 2020 and the exam will be conducted on May 30-31, 2020. Download MAT IBT Mode Admit Card Now !
Latest Updates on MAT
- May 7, 2020: Registration for IBT Mode Official Test began on the website at a nominal fee to get candidates familiar with internet based test.
- MAT IBT Mode Registration has also commenced on May 7, 2020, application process is the same. May 23, 2020 is the last date to register for Phase 2. Apply Now!
- May 6, 2020:Schedule for Remotely Proctored Internet Based Test was released, candidates can take internet based test over a period of one month starting from May 25, 2020 onwards.
- April 29, 2020: AIMA announced the introduction of MAT IBT mode in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 9, 2020: MAT 2020 Application dates has been extended for May session, candidates can now register till June 7 for PBT mode and June 15, 2020 for CBT mode.
- Release of Admit Card has also postponed, as per the new dates PBT mode admit card will be released on June 9 and CBT mode on June 17, 2020. Admit Card for IBT Mode will be released as as per the different registration slots.
Those candidates who have already registered for PBT/CBT were also allowed to switch to the IBT mode till May 17, 2020 by revisiting the application portal. Newly introduced IBT mode requires certain pre specified conditions like a computer with webcam and internet facilities. Application Fee for IBT Mode is INR 1650. For queries regarding IBT Mode aspirants can email to email@example.com or contact 8130338839. Read MAT IBT Mode Guidelines
- AIMA has revised the dates keeping in mind convenience of the candidates arising out of lockdown and preventive measures. Candidates who have already registered will recieve update regarding the new schedule via email/ SMS. Check Important MAT Dates
- Going by MAT 2020 Eligibility, any graduate or final year student can apply for MAT 2020. Interested candidates can now apply for MAT 2020 IBT Mode as well.
- As per MAT 2020 Exam Pattern, it is a 2.5-hour long test having 200 MCQs. Each correct answer fetches 1 mark and an incorrect answer takes away 0.25 marks. MAT 2020 Syllabus consists of Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment sections.
MAT 2020 Exam Highlights
The important points about MAT 2020 are highlighted below:
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)||Handling the exam since 1988|
|Exam Level||National||MHRD approved it in 2003 as a national exam|
|Periodicity||Four times a year (February, May, September, December)||On seperate days for PBT and CBT mode|
|MAT Official Website||aima.in/testing-services/mat/mat.html||Registration, scorecard and brochure available on the website|
|Mode of Application Process||Online||May session delayed due to COVID-19 Lockdown|
|Mode of Exam||Pen Paper Based/ Computer-Based Mode and Internet Based Test||Internet Based Test can be taken from Home|
|Validity of MAT Score||One Academic Year||Individual scorecard with candidates photograph on it|
|Courses Offered||MBA/PGDM||Scores accepted by over 600+ B schools|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or firstname.lastname@example.org||For any kind of query related to MAT|
Must Read Articles
MAT IBT Mode Exam Dates (Released)
MAT IBT Mode Exam Dates (Released)
|IBT Mode Test Date||Time Slot||Last Date to Register||Admit Card Release Date|
May 25, 2020
10 am to 12.30 pm
6 pm to 8.30 pm
|May 18, 2020 (Closed)||May 21, 2020 (Closed)|
|May 30 and 31, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
4 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 23, 2020 (Closed)||May 26, 2020 (Available)|
|June 6 and 7, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
4 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 30, 2020||June 2, 2020|
|June 13, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
4 pm to 6.30 pm
|June 6, 2020||June 9, 2020|
|June 19, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
6 pm to 8.30 pm
|June 12, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|June 20, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
4 pm to 6.30 pm
|June 13, 2020||June 16, 2020|
|June 24 and 25, 2020|
10 am to 12.30 pm
6 pm to 8.30 pm
|June 18, 2020||June 21, 2020|
MAT PBT and CBT Exam Dates (Revised)
MAT May 2020 Exam Dates: PBT and CBT (Revised)
MAT 2020 Exam dates for May session have been revised. The list of important dates for MAT 2020 next session is tabulated below:
|Events||Pen-Paper Based Test||Computer Based Test|
|MAT May 2020 Registration Started||March 6, 2020||March 6, 2020|
|Last Day to Submit MAT 2020 Application Form||June 7, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|Issue of MAT 2020 Admit Card||June 9, 2020||June 17, 2020|
|MAT 2020 Exam Date||June 14, 2020||June 21, 2020|
What is MAT IBT Mode: Requirements
What is MAT IBT Mode?
The world right now is facing a deadly pandemic COVID-19. With social distancing a neccesity aima has come up with Remote Proctoring Internet Based Test commonly known as IBT. Candidates can appear for the test from their homes at their convenience and comfort. AIMA has introduced these changes keeping in mind that candidates are nit deprived from appearing for the exam due to lockdown constraints.
Rekha Sethi Director General of All India Management Association (AIMA) stated “ as social distancing will be observed in near future as well, remore proctoring of exams is a leading way for students as well as conducting bodies. It is a secured AI based proctoring by invigilators and candidates can sit for the exam safely from their homes”.
IBT mode exam will also be conducted for distance PGDM and PGDITM programs conducted by AIMA.
Network Requirements for MAT IBT Mode
For credible administration of the test candidates need to have certain pre specified conditions:
A Stable internet connection with speed
Proxy to login into their email account without difficulty
Minimum Speed equal to or more than 512 kbps
Browser Requirements for MAT IBT Mode
|Chrome Version||63 and above|
|Firefox Version||52 and above|
System Requirement for MAT IBT Mode: MSB
A secure syatem browser is required to take online exams. AIMA has guided candidates to install MSB-Mettl Secure Brwoser in order to take the internet based test.
- Operating system requirement for MSB is Windows 7 and above
- MSB is not supported on any browser other than windows 7 and above
- MSB requires do.net framework, minimum supported version is 4.5.1 NET framework
- Memory requirement: 65 MB permanent free space on the default hard drive is required.
How does MAT IBT Mode Works?
Internet based test and computer based test are completely different. Candidates in IBT mode will not be proctored in a controlled environment of a test room rather proctored using:
- Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Remote Human Proctoring to keep a check on any malpractices
In case candidates are found using unfair means and contravening the specified behaviour norms they will be warnned and can be disqualified as well.
Step Wise Guide to Appear for MAT IBT Mode
Step 1: Launch Test
- Visit the official website of MAT 2020 mat.aima.in/may20
- Navigate to Launch Test Buttton
- The test will start in a separate window
- Depending on installation of MSB in the system, a redirected screen will open
Step 2: Select Appropriate Option
- In case system of the candidate is not installed with MSB they have to download it.
- Otherwise students can proceed to take the test
- There is no need to download MSB from any outside source, option to download will be availableon the screen.
Step 3: MSB Installation Steps
- An agreement screen will appear stating End User License Terms
- Agree to the tersms an conditions and click on Install option
- Once MSB is downloaded, open file to install.
- When installation is completed, MSB browser icon will be displayed on candidates computer screen
Step 4: Start Test on MSB
- Click on launch test on the MSB browser
- A pop up dialouge window will appear asking to open MSB-click on ok option
- Again a screen will appear asking to close the unrequired application on your computer
- Apps like Skype, Web browsers are considered unrequired, proceed to ok button after closing applications.
- MSB will ask to share microphone and camera permission to be granted to proceed with the test.
- Details like valid email address, name, date of birth, contact number and country are to be filled.
Step 5: Submission of Snapshot
- Candidates are required to provide a snapshot of their face and identity proof .
- Step 1 involved face snapshot whereas step 2 involves ID snapshot.
- Make sure whiletaking snapshot the room is lightened enough to avoid any blure or darkness.
- Review the picture befor submitting the snapshot
- Authorisation process will be carried out after that, this can take 2-3 minutes.
- In case snapshot submitted are not clear, candidates will be asked again to submit the images.
Step 6: Test Guidelines
- Candidaes will be intimitated that their test will be monitored, approval for which is mandatory to proceed with the test.
- An image will be displayed stating use of every tab on the screen
- Go through these guidelines carefully for a hassle free experience
- Once the test is completes click on Finish Test option
Eligibility Criteria to appear for MAT
Why You Should Appear for MAT 2020?
Many of the B-school aspirants are till date sceptic about appearing for MAT exam. But after the rising number of MAT takers in the past few years, this scepticism has dissolved to some extent. Here are few reasons why a candidate should appear for MAT Exam.
- There’s universal acceptability of MAT scores. Nearly all top management institutes(approximately 600 b-schools) in India accept MAT score.
- If one compares MAT with other management tests like CAT, XAT, and NMAT, the difficulty level of MAT is less. It is way simpler than the other management exams. Also since most of the sections of MAT exam are covered under other exams, no extra efforts are required for its preparation.
- The frequency at which MAT exam is conducted in a year is the most advantageous point of this exam. MAT is conducted four times in a year, which means granting candidates ample opportunity and time to prepare well and appear for exams.
- MAT exam is conducted in both Online and Offline mode i.e. students comfortable with any of the choice have options to choose.
- The score obtained by a candidate in MAT exam is valid for one year, meaning thereby that s/he can uphold the MAT score till a year.
- While applying to MBA colleges through other management exams, candidates usually need to pay an amount to the institutes other than those shortlisted by the exam. However, that’s not the case with MAT as it allows to apply for free to any 5 MBA colleges in India.
MAT Eligibility Criteria
Before thinking of appearing for MAT 2020 exam, one needs to be sure if s/he fulfills the criteria set by AIMA to appear for MAT Exam. Following are the points that outline the MAT 2020 Exam criteria.
- Candidates who have completed or are in the final year of graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for MAT.
- Candidates with an equivalent professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Final year students can apply for the exam on a provisional basis and have to produce their mark sheet at the time of MAT counselling.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age to appear in MAT.
- There’s no restriction on the number of attempts.
- Eligibility for IBT mode is the same as in PBT and CBT mode exam in MAT.
Read More MAT Eligibility Criteria
MAT Application Process: IBT Mode Registration Started
MAT 2020 Application Form
Completing MAT 2020 Registration primarily involves three steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of MAT Exam Fee. Candidates now have an addition mode option as internet based test in which they can apply. Candidates who ahve already registered for online or offline mode can switch to IBT mode latest by May 17, 2020 by revisting the application portal. Fresh registration for IBT mode can be done following the same process. Here is how you can register for MAT in any mode:
- Visit MAT official website, i.e. aima.in.
- Click on “Apply for MAT 2020” to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Enter your name, mobile number, date of birth and email id to register.
- Fill your personal and academic details in MAT 2020 Application Form.
- Upload scanned images, i.e., coloured passport size recent photograph and signature adhere to the prescribed format.
- Pay MAT application fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
An important point to note is that earlier CBT mode was supposed to be held prior on May 3 than PBT mode (May 16). But in the new schedule online will be conducted after offline exam takes place.
Must Read News
MAT 2020 Application Fee
|Mode of Test||Application Fee|
|Paper Based Test Only||INR 1650|
|Computer Based Test Only||INR 1650|
|Internet Based Test Only||INR 1650|
|Both PBT and CBT mode||INR 2750|
|Remote Proctored Internet Based Test||INR 1650|
Candidate can sit for both the tests, that is PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of INR 1650 in addition to INR 1650. MAT Exam fee can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- There is no concession in fees for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
- The DD should be addressed to the location given below on or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
Manager - MAT
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
MAT 2020 Application Form Correction
Often there is a chance of discrepancy while a candidate is filling the application form. However, once the application form is submitted, AIMA does not allow to make any further changes in the MAT application form. If there’s a serious commitment of mistake, an applicant is free to contact AIMA on 011-47673020 or send a mail to email@example.com
MAT Admit Card Release for May Postponed
MAT 2020 Admit Card
AIMA will release MAT 2020 Admit Card for remotely proctore internet based test seperately. The release date varies and depends on the exam date. It will be released 3 days prior to the IBT exam date. The document contains information like the medium of paper, exam centre, date and time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate. If any sort of discrepancy or incorrect information is observed by the candidate on the admit card, she/he is advised to contact the official authority immediately.
How to Download MAT Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA mat.aima.in
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Enter any one of the two- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Admit card will get displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take a printout of the admit card for further use.
- Admit Card will be checked and signed by the invigilator during the test.
- The upper half of the admit card will be handed over to the invigilator and the lower half to the candidate.
MAT 2020 Exam Centers
There is no need for candidates to pick exam center preference while filling IBT mode applivcation form as the exam will be taken from camdidates home. Though Location of the test has to be mentioned.
MAT 2020 was conducted all-over India and abroad with 48 centers available for PBT mode (Offline) and 29 centers for CBT mode (Online). AIMA releases a list of MAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted. For abroad, MAT is conducted only in Dubai and Singapore.
- While filling the MAT application form, candidates are advised to select the exam centre according to their preference.
- AIMA will preferably try to allow the chosen MAT Exam Centers filled by the candidates in the application form. The venue of the exam center and instructions will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
MAT Exam Pattern and Important Topics
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The most prominent part while preparing for any examination is to be thorough with its pattern. The exam pattern might change on a yearly basis or might remain constant for a span of 3-4 years. Thus, it is advisable for candidates to check the MAT exam pattern first and get a clue about the paper.
Exam pattern for IBT mode is expected to remain same as other two mode only the method of appearing for the exam changes. Thus candidates do not have to be hassled about pattern or syllabus changes.
As per the previous three MAT sessions of 2020, no changes were observed in the exam pattern. Though the exam is conducted in both Offline and Online mode, the pattern for them remains the same. Below we have provided the paper pattern of MAT Exam which describes the sectional distribution of questions, marking scheme, duration of exam, etc. This will provide candidates with a fair idea about the nature of questions.
|Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online and offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5 sections (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
For each correct answer- +1 marks
For each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
Section-wise MAT Exam Pattern
MAT Exam consists of five sections, namely: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment. The number of questions under each section, how much mars do they carry, and approximately how much time should be devoted to each section is given in a tabular form below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT 2020 Important Topics
Post analysis of previous MAT papers, Collegedunia has carved out a list of important topics from all sections so that students who are in their last stage of preparation, or for students who have lacked somewhere while preparing for the exam, can get help by brushing out these topics. Here are some of the most important topics in MAT Exam:
- MAT Syllabus is divided into five sections- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Indian and Global Environment.
- MAT Syllabus contains questions of graduation level. It is designed to test a candidate’s General Aptitude.
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Installment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International Organisation|
MAT Recommended Books 2020
Once a candidate is done checking out columns of MAT syllabus, paper analysis, exam pattern, mock tests, the next thing that he looks out for are books. There are plenty of MAT preparation books available in the market. However, Collegedunia has sorted out for you some of the most prominent books for MAT preparation highly recommended by MAT Toppers.
|Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Ananta Ashisha|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for MAT||Arun Sharma|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Gautam Puri|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit Sinha|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT||Sarvesh Verma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Nishit Sinha Trishna|
For General Awareness candidates can refer to The Mega Yearbook 2020: Current Affairs & General Knowledge For Competitive Exams. Check Detailed MAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Choose Between MAT Online & Offline Mode
Candidates can choose any one mode of taking MAT- Online or Offline mode. The dates and methodology of both are different. Candidates can choose them upon their differences and similarities.
|Computer-Based Mode||Paper-Based Mode|
|Test taker sits in front of a computer and the questions are shown on the computer screen and the candidates have to mark their answers via keyboard and mouse attached to the system||Candidate will be given a Question Booklet along with an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) Answer Sheet. Using a pencil (HB Pencil) candidates have to mark their option by filling up the oval dark.|
|Candidates have to mark their correct option (Out of 4) on the screen using a mouse. A palate of options is provided on the right side of the screen, they have to mark their answers in it.||In pencil based test candidate fill the circle against the right option using a pencil.|
|Students are expected to simply click the appropriate option and then click another button to move to the next question. In case, a candidate wants to change the answer, later on, he can come back to that question and click on a different option||If the candidate has to change any answer, he has to erase completely the one already marked and darken the fresh oval with an HB pencil. This takes a lot of time and gives rise to the possibility of mutilation of the answer sheet.|
|Usually, in most of the computer-based test, a clock is provided on the screen which let the students know how much time is left?||In this mode there is no clock provided, candidates have to carry their own watches or have to ask the invigilator about the timings|
|There are chances that technical failures may occur following which candidates may have to start their paper again.||This mode is usually considered as easy with no risk of technical failures, just the candidates have to mark their answers using a pencil on an OMR sheet.|
|The candidates taking the computer-based test are provided with rough sheets for solving their answers.||No rough sheet is provided. Candidates have to perform all the calculations in the question booklet itself|
MAT Paper Analysis
In order to predict the difficulty level of the upcoming examination, it is but necessary to get an understanding of how was the previous paper. The last session of MAT 2020 was held in February 2020. With the previous papers available of MAT 2020, one can come to the following conclusions:
- Overall, the paper was of moderate difficulty level, and any attempt of 105 to 120 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
- Some questions in Indian & Global Environment section turned trickier and time-consuming.
- The Data Analysis & Sufficiency section was a bit tricky.
Here is a section-wise analysis of MAT:
|Section||Total Questions||Level of Difficulty||Approximate time taken (in mins)|
|Intelligence and Critical reasoning||40||Moderate||22-26|
|Mathematical skills||40||Moderate to Difficult||25-28|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||Quite tough||20-25|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||Easy to moderate||17-22|
Read MAT Paper Analysis
MAT Rank Predictor 2020
Collegedunia has curated MAT Rank Predictor to assist aspirants predict their rank and college on the basis of scores they are expecting in MAT June session. On the basis of difficulty level, previous year cut off trends, opening and closing rank of participating colleges the rank predictor functions. Candidates can also predict their colleges based on estimated rank.
For Example ‘x’ is a female candidate from Delhi-NCR expecting 400 out of total composite score of 800. Her estimated rank for MAT next session will be 54 to 59. Check Here MAT Rank Predictor
What to do after appearing for MAT 2020?
Once the exam is over candidates should focus on getting an idea about their percentile score. Though it is tough to get exact score, a range idea will be beneficial for candidates to pindown their colleges. Getting a afir idea about being applicable for a particular institute will help you decide on the future course of action. For getting an estimate of expected percentile Collegedunia Rank Predictor is at the rescue.
In case score range is not as accepted, preparation for next session must be started to get the desired results. Asking questions like what went wrong with the exam? By how much marks you are lacking? Once answer keys are out, analyse the questions and try not to repeat the mistakes.
MAT Result for February Session
MAT Result for February Session
MAT 2020 February Result has been made available for both the PBT and CBT session on Feb 25, 2020.
- The result is now available for download on AIMA’s official Website- mat.aima.in
- MAT Score Card will be made available along with the result, candidates should download the same.
- Candidates can check their result via SMS as MATS FormNo DoB (dd/mm/yy) to 54242.
- No hard copy of Score Card will be sent via post or e-mail.
How to Download MAT 2020 February Result?
To download MAT Result and Score Card, candidates have to follow these 4 steps:
- Log on to AIMA MAT official website on the result date.
- Enter 6 digit MAT Registration Number and 9 digits Roll No. and click on submit link.
- Result and scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the scorecard and take a print out for further use.
Check MAT Counselling
MAT 2020 February Score Card
- On a scale of 0 to 100, MAT scorecard for all the 5 sections- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning are mentioned.
- Seperate score for Indian and Global Environment is mentioned from 0 to 100. It is not taken into account to calculate the percentile or merit.
- The composite score is mentioned based on 4 sections on a scale from 199 to 801.
- Scores below 200 or above 800 are extreme. Below 200 are reported as 199 and above 800 as 801 cumulatively.
- Equal weightage is provided to all the 4 sections in order to calculate result.
- Apart from the scores, the percentile figure is also given in MAT result.
Top Colleges Accepting MAT Scores
AIMA published a list of 300 Management colleges accepting MAT 2020 scores. Apart from these, 300 institutes in Maharashtra that accept exam score from all India category candidates.
|Asian School of Business Management||OP Jindal Global University|
|ITM University||Christ University|
|GL Bajaj Institute of Management & Research||Alliance University|
|IILM University||Jain University|
|GITAM Institute of Management||Taxila Business School, Jaipur|
|JIMS Rohini||Amity University, Delhi-NCR|
How to Apply for B Schools after MAT?
Candidates have to fill their college preference while filling MAT Application form. AIMA sends the score to 5 preferred colleges if the candidate appeared in any one CBT or PBT exam. Scores are sent to 7 colleges if candidates appeared for the exam in both the modes.
- Select colleges from the list accepting MAT score.
- Check result and scorecard and go through Cut off of colleges for the session.
- Apply to colleges based on score and cut off.
- Check Shortlist of colleges for final selection round.
- Participate in WAT/GD/PI round of colleges.
- MAT scorecard is valid for 1 year from the date of declaration of result.
MAT Cutoff 2020 for Top Colleges
Some colleges will be releasing the desired sectional cut-offs and composite scores that are going to be accepted. More than 300 colleges will be offering admission for the 2020 session on the basis of MAT Cutoff scores. The top B-schools will be accepting scores in the range of 91-95 percentiles while the rest good institutes will go for aspirants acquiring 70-80 percentiles. Check MAT Cutoff 2020
|Top B-Schools||Expected MAT Cutoff Marks 2020|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA (Pune University)||600|
MAT Mock Test 2020
Collegedunia has studied the previous years’ papers and came up with a model question paper of MAT 2020. The questions are based on last year papers. MAT Mock Test will help students learn about the exam pattern, structure, level of difficulty, etc. This mock paper will surely help you in your preparation and ace the exam.
In order to enhance preparation level candidates can solve previous year question papers from Face To Face MAT With 19 Years (1997-2018) by BS Sijwali and MAT 18 Years Topic-Wise Solved Papers by Disha Experts (1997-2014).
How to Download MAT Mock Test?
Frequently Asked Questions on MAT
MAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee of MAT for general category candidate?
Ans. MAT registration fee can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card), Net Banking, UPI or Paytm Wallet. The fee is for CBT exam is INR 1550, for PBT it is INR 1550 and for both the exam application fee is INR 2650.
Ques. What are pre defined requirements to appear for MAT IBT mode?
Ans. Candidates eseentially require a computer system with webcam and goof internet facility to appear for MAT IBT mode. Make sure the computer is latest configured and bandwidth of internet connection is good.
Ques. What is the qualification needed to appear in MAT exam?
Ans. The minimum qualification to take MAT exam is graduation from a recognised university or equivalent can appear in the exam. Final year candidate pursuing undergraduate program (B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear in the exam provisionally. Candidates with an equivalent professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA are eligible to apply for the exam. Check MAT 2020 Eligibility.
Ques. Is there any minimum percentage required to appear in MAT?
Ans. No, unlike other management exams, MAT has no percentage/CGPA requirement in qualifying degree. Candidates with a bachelors degree in any discipline can apply for MAT.
Ques. What is the age criteria to appear in MAT exam?
Ans. There is no minimum and maximum age limit to appear in MAT. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline can apply for MAT.
Ques. Which MAT session out of February, May, September, and December is better to take?
Ans. It is completely the choice of a candidate in which session they want to take MAT exam. Candidates can choose the session according to their preference.
Ques. Is MAT conducted in both online and offline mode?
Ans. Yes, since 2009 MAT is conducted in both the formats- Computer-based test and Pen-paper test. candidates as per their convenience opt-in which mode they want to give the exam.
Ques. What is MAT 2020 Exam Pattern?
Ans. MAT is an objective type test with 200 questions to be attempted in 150 minutes. There are 5 sections (Mathematical Skills, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment. There are 40 questions in each section.
Ques. What are the best reference books to crack MAT?
Ans. There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain an awesome percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for MAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- Ten challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Ques. What is better between the Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based Test?
Ans. MAT Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based test are conducted at a gap of one week. The candidate sits in front of a computer screen and submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Every computer system is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate.
Paper-Based Test is offered on a single day to all candidates. Here, the candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Center.
Ques. What are the differences between CAT and MAT exam?
Ans. Some of the significant differences in CAT & MAT are given below:
- Eligibility- A candidate must secure 50% marks in Graduation to apply for CAT, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for MAT.
- Mode of Exam- CAT is conducted online, while MAT is held in both online and offline methods on different dates.
- Difficulty Level- Trends reveal that CAT is much more robust than MAT, though the syllabus remains the same for both the exams, with an additional section of General knowledge in MAT.
- Conducting Body- CAT is conducted by IIMs on a rotational basis, while AIMA organizes MAT.
- Periodicity of Exam- While CAT is conducted once a year, MAT is organized four times a year.
- Colleges- CAT Score is accepted by Tier I institutes and B-Schools including IIMs. On the other hand, MAT is accepted by Tier II institutes and B-Schools. Read Key Differences between MAT & CAT
Ques. How many institutes participate in MAT exam?
Ans. More than 600 management institute participate in MAT every year. The number of participating institutes keep on changing each year.
Ques. Which are the best management colleges in which students can get admission through MAT 2020?
Ans. According to NIRF ranking, given below are the top 5 MAT participating colleges in which students can take admission.
- Alliance University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Institute of Rural Management
- Lovely Professional University
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology
Ques. From where can I get MAT scorecard?
Ans. Candidates should visit the official website mat.aima.in to download the scorecard. The scorecard contains the composite score and percentile of the candidate. AIMA also sends scorecard to candidates via post a few days after the declaration of results.
Ques. How can I get admission in top MBA college through MAT?
Ans. Candidates who have appeared in MAT exam will be shortlisted for the further round of selection process based on their scores. Candidates can participate in the selection process of that institute only for which they have applied for. Depending upon their performance in WAT, GD, and PI, candidates will be selected for admission.
Ques. What are the benefits of appearing in MAT 2020?
Ans. There are multiple benefits to appear for MAT Exam, such as the following:
- Certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India
- Entrance test for recognized programs
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students
- Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments
- Employing the latest technology in evaluation and result processing
- Individual scorecard with the candidate's photograph
- Test Centers located all over the country
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College