AIMA has released MAT Result 2021 for the May/ June session for all the three modes, i.e., IBT, PBT, and CBT modes on July 9, 2021. Candidates can download their scorecard by logging in with the Roll number & Registration number used at the time of MAT 2021 Registration. MAT 2021 Score will remain valid for a complete year for admissions to all the Institutes that accept MAT scores. Check MAT Counselling Procedure
MAT 2021 Result for the February Session was released on April 3 for IBT, CBT, and PBT modes which were conducted on March 6, 8 to 20, and 24, 2021 respectively. Candidates can also use MAT Rank Predictor to get an idea about the colleges in which they can get admission based on their scores.
MAT Latest Updates:
- July 09: MAT 2021 May/ June session Result has been declared by AIMA for all three modes on the official website.
- June 17: MAT expected cut off in all the top MBA colleges to go in the range of 70 to 80+ percentile. Read More
- June 13: In the final normalization process, the General Knowledge score is not considered. Read More
Candidates can also download the scorecard of the previous 5 administrations (sessions) from the official portal. The scores are scaled and the range of composite scores is between 199-801. Read the article to check how to download MAT Result 2021, what details will be mentioned in the scorecard, and much more.
MAT 2021 Result Important Dates
|Events of May Session||Dates|
|MAT 2021 IBT Exam||May 30 to June 20, 2021|
|MAT 2021 CBT Exam||June 26, 2021|
|MAT 2021 PBT Exam||June 26, 2021|
|MAT 2021 PBT/ CBT/ IBT Result (Declared)||July 9, 2021|
Must Read News
How to Check MAT 2021 Results?
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIMA.
Step 2: Click on “MAT Result May 2021” link
Step 3: A log-in screen will open. Enter the issued Registration Number and Roll Number and select the session for which you appeared.
Step 4: Click ‘Submit’ to view your MAT Scorecard.
Step 5: Download your results for future reference.
Check MAT 2021 Exam Dates
MAT 2021 Result via SMS
- AIMA provides the facility to check Result of MAT Exam on SMS.
- This facility has been introduced to ease the whole result checking procedure.
- To get MAT Result on SMS, the candidate can send the following message-
What after MAT 2021 Result?
Candidates have to apply to MAT Colleges (maximum 6 colleges) before or after the exam. For applying to the colleges, follow the below procedure:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on the link for applying in colleges.
Step 3: Enter the Registration Number and DOB.
Step 4: Click on the submit button.
Step 5: Apply for the colleges and save the form.
Note: If a candidate wishes to apply for additional colleges, then he has to fill up the form and send it to the AIMA’s address. An additional fee of INR 75 per college has to be paid by them if they are applying before the test date, else they have to pay INR 100 per college
MAT 2021 Score Card
- MAT Score Card 2021 is issued by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- Candidates can view/download MAT Score from aima.in or check it through SMS.
- It is also dispatched through the normal post during the last week of the month of the test.
- The score card represents the marks scored in different subjects (Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment).
- MAT score is valid for one year from the month of its declaration.
- Any queries regarding MAT Score, if any, send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at helpline 011-47673020.
- MAT Score is accepted in nearly 600 B-Schools across India.
Details on MAT Score Card
The details mentioned in the score card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Work experience in months
- Scaled scores in different subjects
MAT Scorecard Sample
What is MAT Composite Score?
Composite score in MAT is calculated on the basis of candidates performance in four sections. General Awareness scores are not included while final calculating final scores. Composite score lie in the range of 199 to 801. Hardly candidates acquire less than 200 and more than 800 score. Sectional score of more than 80 and less than 20 is also rare.
If candidates score less than 200 their score will be stated as 199 for scores above 800 it will be combined reported as 801 only.
|Section in MAT||Marks Alloted||Composite Score Scale|
|Language Comprehension||40||0 to 100|
|Mathematical Skills||40||0 to 100|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||0 to 100|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||0 to 100|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||0 to 100|
What to do if MAT Scorecard Not Received Via Post?
In case candidates do not receive their scorecard via post by the conducting body they need to send in a request. Write address of correspondence on an envelope: 24 cm x 12 cm (aprox) with a postal stamp of INR 40.
- Candidates who did not receive their score card can apply for a duplicate score card.
- The queries for a duplicate score card will be entertained by the authorities only after the 15th of the subsequent month.
- The procedure for obtaining the duplicate score card is as follows:
Step 1: Submit an application on a plain paper requesting a duplicate score card.
Step 2: Photocopy of the lower half of the admit card, which was signed by the invigilator or some Govt. ID proof.
Step 3: On a self-addressing envelope of 24cm by 12cm size, the address must be written in capital letters and a postal stamp must be affixed of INR 40 to send by Speed Post.
Step 4: The above-mentioned document must be then sent to:
Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
Management House14, Institutional Area
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
How to Calculate MAT Score?
We all know that MAT is held after every 3 months. All of the test papers vary each time. These slight differences are accounted for during the scaling process. As a result of these adjustments, equal scaled scores in MAT result represent about the same level of ability, as measured by the MAT test, regardless of the administration or when the MAT exam was taken.
Here are some important points:
- The scores are scaled to account for the difference in the difficulty level for each individual MAT
- Score reports consist of the scores of all six sections: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Composite score, Indian & Global Environment.
- Score scales of the first four sections and the composite scores are based on the performance of candidates in the exam.
- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and Indian & Global Environment (Indian & Global Environment score, is calculated separately) are reported on a scale of 0 to 100. In this section, scores less than 20 and more than 80 are rare.
- For each of the six scores, a percentile is given, which indicates the percentage of candidates who scored below the given mark based on the entire MAT testing population. The percentile below figure may change with each administration for the same scores.
- Composite score is calculated on the basis of performance in the first four sections which include Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning.
- The composite score is reported on a scale of 199 to 801. All scores below 200 are reported as 199 and all scores above 800 are reported 801.
- Indian & Global Environment score is not considered in the composite score, but a minimum pass mark is required in this section to qualify the exam.
- MAT 2021 scores cannot be compared with other tests or derived from another test. Differences in administration are compensated by the statistical process of score equating.
MAT Cut Off 2021
- MAT Cutoff is the minimum qualifying percentage which is released by AIMA. This cutoff is used for the selection of candidates.
- Other than official cut off released by AIMA, the colleges accepting MAT also release their separate cutoff.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Scorecard. It can be downloaded from the official website.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms.
- The expected MAT Cut off for Colleges 2021 is given below.
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2021 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 550 Marks and Above
- Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA, Pune
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 500 Marks and Above
- BIMTECH, Noida
- IFIM Business School
- AIMS, Bangalore
- VIT University, Chennai
- SRM University
Top MAT Colleges Accepting 450 Marks and Above
- Christ Institute of Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
MAT 2021 Selection Process
- The selection process varies from B-School to B-School. Usually, after the candidate has taken the entrance test, a merit list is issued by the colleges and accordingly, candidates are called for the next step of the admission process. This includes group discussion and personal interview.
- If a candidate clears the group discussion and personal interview as per the rules of the college, he is granted admission to his chosen course and college.
- Some colleges also have additional selection criteria of written ability test or essay writing rounds along, with the GD and PI rounds.
- The majority of the management colleges now give higher weightage to a candidate’s performance in the written test. This is so because it is easier to judge a candidate’s viewpoints while he is writing, unlike in GD/PI. Also, a soft-spoken candidate often loses his chance in a GD round. So, we advise you to score well in MAT 2021.
- Registration for online counseling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of counselling fee should also be done online.
We wish all the deserving candidates save themselves a seat in one of the top colleges accepting MAT Result. Make sure you leave no stone unturned during your preparation period. Good luck!
Points to Remember while Checking MAT Result
- MAT Scorecard containing sectional and overall scores of MAT 2021 will be sent via post.
- Candidates can access their scorecards via SMS “MATS Form No. DoB (ddmmyy) to 54242”
- MAT percentile is prepared as per composite score. The scores scale between 199 to 801.
- One correct answer approximately carries 5 marks in the final composite score.
- General Awareness section marks are not included in the final results.
- MAT Score is valid for a year.
MAT Result 2021 FAQs
Ques. How can we check MAT Result?
Ans. MAT 2021 Results for the May/ June session are available on the official website of AIMA. The link for the result has been displayed on the home page.
Ques. What all details are required to check MAT Result?
Ans. Candidates will be required to enter Roll number, Form number and Test month to access their MAT Results.
Ques. What all will be displayed in the MAT Result?
Ans. The result displayed will show the composite score as well as the sectional score in MAT. Apart from this, the scorecard will display details of the candidate- name, application number, roll number, category, gender, work experience and validity of scorecard.
Ques. Are the scores displayed, normalized?
Ans. As the exam is conducted in multiple shifts, the scores will be scaled. Marks for each of the five sections will be displayed- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment. For each section, the result will vary between 0 and 100. The composite score will be calculated with the scores of the first four sections. Indian & Global Environment will not be included in the composite scores. Therefore, usually, the composite scores vary from 199 to 800.
Ques. Will the percentile marks be displayed?
Ans. Yes, percentile scores will be displayed for each of the six scores printed on the scorecard.
Ques. Can I get duplicate MAT Scorecard?
Ans. Yes, for duplicate scorecard candidates must submit an application to AIMA to provide a duplicate scorecard. Candidates will be required to attach the photocopy of the MAT 2021 Admit Card along with the application.
Ques. To whom and where should I send the application for a duplicate scorecard?
Ans. Candidates should send the application through speed post in a self-addressed envelope (address in capital letters) with a postage stamp of INR 40 affixed at the following address:
All India Management Association Management
House 14, Institutional Area Lodhi Road
Ques. Is there any other procedure to check the scores except online?
Ans. Yes, scores can also be obtained through SMS. Candidates must send SMS as MATS and send to 54242. DOB must be mentioned in the format of dd/mm/yyyy.
Ques. What is the validity of MAT scorecard?
Ans. MAT scores are valid for the duration of one year.
Ques. Which colleges should I apply for under MAT?
Ans. There are more than 600 B-Schools in India that accept MAT scores. Given below are some of the Top B-schools accepting MAT Score:
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||IFIM Business School|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||Alliance School of Business, Bangalore|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||Amity Business School, Noida|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||SCMS|
Ques. Are there any additional fees for a duplicate scorecard?
Ans. In case candidates apply for a duplicate scorecard within 45 days of result declaration, there is no additional fee. After that candidates will be required to pay INR 118 (INR 100 + 18% GST) for the same.
Ques. Can the fee for the additional scorecard be paid online?
Ans. No, the fee for scorecard will have to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favor of All India Management Institute payable at New Delhi.
Ques. Will the result be available in all browsers?
Ans. The result will be displayed only in the following browsers:
- Latest version of chrome
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Mozilla Firefox
Ques. What is the procedure after the result declaration?
Ans. After the result declaration, each of the participating institutes will release their cut off scores. Candidates must apply separately for each institute.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.