All India Management Association has released MAT 2021 May/ June session Results for PBT, CBT, and IBT modes on July 09, 2021. MAT results have been released in the form of a scorecard, consisting of sectional scores, composite MAT score, and percentile. MAT exam dates for IBT, PBT, and CBT August/ September sessions have been announced. Candidates willing to predict their MAT score percentile based on their performance in MAT 2021 exam must check MAT Rank Predictor.
It is extremely important for the candidates to understand the meaning and significance of MAT Score vs Percentile to interpret the result better. There is a sharp difference between MAT Score and Percentile as defined by the exam conducting body. Once you know how MAT score vs percentile is calculated, it will be easier for you to focus and devise your strategy for taking MAT 2021 exam. Read the complete article to know all about MAT 2021 Score vs Percentile. Check MAT Results
MAT Latest Updates:
MAT 2021 Score vs Percentile
MAT Score vs Percentile analysis given below is based on MAT exam taken by candidates in May/ June 2021. While calculating MAT Score vs Percentile, raw scores are converted to scaled scores after normalization leading to an overall composite score of 800.
|MAT Composite Score(out of 800)||MAT Percentile|
|Below 521||Below 50|
What is MAT Composite Score?
The MAT Composite Score is referred to as the marks calculated based on the performance of a candidate in four sections of MAT exam. MAT composite score includes the scaled scores of the first 4 sections only, it does not include the score of the 5th section i.e. Indian & Global Environment.
There is no particular formula for calculating the MAT Composite score. The below-mentioned points explain the calculation of MAT Composite Score:
- MAT 2021 composite score will be given on a scale of 199 to 801.
- Composite scores less than 200 or more than 800 are rare.
- All scores below 200 are stated as 199 and all scores above 800 as 801. This means, even if you get scores less than 199, your composite score will be reported as 199. Similarly, for scores above 801, it will be reported as 801 only.
The table mentioned below depicts the sections and the marks allotment in the entrance test. The composite score scale is also given with each section.
|MAT Sections||Marks Allotted||Composite Score Scale|
|Language Comprehension||40||0- 100|
|Mathematical Skills||40||0- 100|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||0- 100|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||0- 100|
|Indian and Global Environment*||40||0- 100*|
What is MAT Percentile?
MAT Percentile shows the percentage of total exam-takers that have a lower score than a candidate in the MAT examination. MAT percentile score is influenced by the total number of candidates that take the entrance test as well as the scores obtained by all the exam takers. Most of the colleges accept MAT percentile for admission to MBA or PGDM courses while some of them accept admissions based on the Composite score.
Besides the composite score or the percentile, many top B- schools also conduct written ability tests, group discussions, and personal interviews as part of their selection procedure.
The formula to calculate MAT percentile given below will help you calculate the percentile score obtained in the examination.
MAT Percentile = (Composite scores obtained by a candidate/ Total number of candidates) * 100
Difference between MAT Score and Percentile
AIMA will declare the sectional scores, composite score, and percentile score for each section along with the overall percentile of a candidate in MAT 2021 Scorecard. It is necessary for a candidate to know the difference between MAT 2021 score and percentile.
- MAT 2021 Score is the total score obtained by a candidate in the entrance examination in all the sections.
- MAT 2021 Composite score is the average score scaled to the range of 199-800 that is calculated on the basis of the performance of a candidate in the first four sections of the paper only.
- MAT 2021 Percentile is the relative mark obtained by a candidate. It depicts the percentage of total exam-takers that have a lower score than a candidate in MAT 2021. In other words, a percentile rank is a way of rank-ordering people compared to others in a sample. For example, 85 percentile means that your score is more than 85% of the candidates appearing for the entrance examination.
Note: Most of the top B- schools will accept admissions based on the percentile score while many others offer admission in the MBA or PGDM courses through MAT 2021 score.
MAT 2021 Score vs Percentile Calculation
MAT 2021 Score Vs Percentile calculation in MAT 2021 result will be based on the following parameters:
- There are 5 Sections in MAT exam. Out of them, only scores of 4 sections in the exam are taken to calculate the percentile.
- The score of the 5th section, Indian & Global Environment is not counted for percentile calculation
- 40 Marks for each section with 40 questions is the maximum raw score with a total of 200 raw marks for all 5 sections.
- MAT 2021 score will be awarded out of 200 marks but MAT 2021 percentile will be calculated out of 160 Marks after removing the 5th section on Indian & Global Environment.
- MAT 2021 scores are scaled to 100 for each section. The scaled score is therefore awarded in the scorecard in the range of 0-100 in each section.
- Raw scores awarded out of 40 in each section are not reflected either in sectional score or final composite score
- This scaled score is then converted to a percentile score which is based on your relative performance as compared to other candidates.
- Finally, the composite score is calculated out of a maximum of 800 and the scaled score between 0 to 199 is converted to a composite score.
MAT Percentile Score: Points to Remember
- MAT percentile score indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the candidate based on the total number of MAT test taking candidates
- The percentile figure may change with an increase or decrease in the number of test-takers and their scoring pattern.
- MAT score is calculated out of 200 but MAT percentile is calculated out of 160 after as the section on Indian and Global Environment is not considered for percentile calculation.
- The Composite Score in MAT 2021 result is reported on a scale ranging from 199 to 801, but extreme scores below 200 or above 800 are uncommon
- These uncommon scores i.e., all below 200 are reported as 199 and all above 800 are reported as 80
MAT Score Percentile Accepting Institutes 2021
More than 330+ Colleges accept MAT Score/ Percentile for admission to MBA courses. Admission to the popular management courses, i.e., MBA and PGDM in the top-notch B- schools of the country is offered through MAT entrance examination. Some colleges accept the percentile score of a candidate while others offer admission based on the composite score obtained in the entrance examination. Other forms of selection criteria include Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and Written Ability Test. These tests are conducted to check the overall personality and knowledge of an aspirant. Top Colleges accepting MAT 2021 Scores for admission are:
|Institute||MAT Percentile||MAT Score|
|Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore||90-95||600|
|SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai||90+||600|
|Amity Business School||90-95||650+|
|ITM Navi Mumbai||80-90||550-630|
MAT Result 2021
MAT Result 2021 for IBT, PBT, and CBT modes will be released a few weeks after the conclusion of the exam. MAT 2021 Score is valid for one year for admissions to all the Institutes that accept MAT score percentile. MAT Scorecard will mention all the details regarding the score and percentile of the candidate. Candidates clearing MAT Cut Off will be able to participate in the further selection process. Check MAT Counselling Procedure
Details Mentioned on MAT Scorecard
AIMA releases a MAT scorecard along with the results of candidates. MAT Scorecard contains details about the marks scored by the candidates. Along with that, many other details are mentioned on MAT scorecard:
|Scaled scores in all sections|
|Overall and Sectional Percentile|
|Name and Roll Number of the candidate|
MAT Score vs Percentile FAQs
Ques. What is the difference between MAT Score and MAT Percentile?
Ans. MAT Score is calculated for all sections whereas MAT percentile is calculated only for 4 sections excluding the section on Indian and Global Environment.
Ques. What is MAT Composite score?
Ans. The scaled score in the range of 0-199 is converted to a composite score. The composite score is calculated out of 800 marks.
Ques. What is a good composite score in MAT 2021 exam?
Ans. Candidates must know that the composite score can range from199 to 801. A composite score greater than 450 is considered good in MAT exam.
Ques. What is considered a good percentile in MAT exam?
Ans. MAT percentile in the range of 80-90+ is considered good and can ensure your admission to some of the best management institutes in the country.
Ques. Is MAT score valid for 1 year?
Ans. Yes, MAT Score is valid for a period of 1 year. Candidates can apply for admission based on their results for 1 year.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.