Table of Contents
MET 2020 Exam Date(Postponed), Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
MET is a university-level exam conducted by Manipal University annually for admitting candidates to various UG and PG degree programs. It will be conducted in three slots a day, in online mode only.
- The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has released the Application Forms.
- Registration has been extended till April 20, 2020. Apply here!
- Slot Booking will start from April 6 – 10, 2020. Candidates have to book their slot and download their Admit Card.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website, tentatively from second week of April 2020.
- The seats will be allotted as per their ranks and availability of seats and the choices filled by them. MET 2020 Counselling
- The application fee is INR 600 (General category) while the fee for the entrance test is INR 1400.
Note : Manipal University application form and entrance test fees, wherever applicable, once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Know about MET 2020 Exam Pattern
Highlights of MET 2020
|Exam Name||MET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test)|
|Other Name||MET (Manipal Entrance Test)|
|Availability of Application Form||October 5, 2019 – March 31, 2020|
|Date of MET 2020|
|Conducting Body||Manipal University|
|Application Mode||Online @apply.manipal.edu|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Mode|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Duration||As per the opted course|
|Type / No. of Ques.||As per the opted course|
Top Courses offered by Manipal University via MET/ MET are given below:
|UG Program||PG Program|
|BA Media & Communication||MA Media & Communication|
- Admissions to B.Arch program will be done via NATA exam conducted by Council of Architecture (COA). Know more
- Admissions to Medical (MBBS, MD / MS / PG Diploma / Super Speciality) and Dental (BDS / MDS) will be done via NEET examination and counseling by DGHS / MCI. Know more
- For international candidates, admission is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
MET Dates 2020
The dates for the examination has been released by Manipal University which is tabulated below:
|Event||Dates||Dates (Lateral Entry)|
|Registration Deadline||March 31, 2020 (Extended)||May 15, 2020|
|Slot Booking date for 1st and 2nd ateempt||April 6 - 10, 2020||May 22 - 24, 2020|
|MET 2020 Exam Date||April 17 - 26, 2020||May 29 - June 5, 2020|
|Result declaration||April 30, 2020||June 10, 2020|
|MET Counselling –Round I||Last week of May to Second week of June 2020(tentative)||–|
|MET Counselling –Round II||Third week of June 2020(tentative)||–|
|MET Counselling –Round III||Third week of June to Last week of June 2020(tentative)||–|
|MET Counselling –Round IV||Last week of June to First week of July 2020(tentative)||–|
|MET Counselling –Round V||Second week of July 2020(tentative)||–|
MET Eligibility 2020
The eligibility criteria for MET 2020 is defined course-wise by Manipal University. A common eligibility criterion followed for all the courses is that there is no age limit for all the courses. Listed below are the most common eligibility standards for various programs:
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English are compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- A minimum 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics & anyone optional subject (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or any technical vocational subject)
- No minimum age limit is there for MET 2020.
- For PG program, a minimum percentage of 50% marks as an overall cumulative percentage must be secured in the qualifying UG degree.
Check detailed Course-wise Eligibility
MET Application Form 2020
For enrolling for MET or MET 2020, candidates have to visit manipal.edu to access the application form. The issued password must be kept confidential for further usage of logging into the secure booking platform online.
There are three major steps to complete MET Registration. They are as follows:
Step 1: Filling in Basic Information
In this step, candidates have to ‘Register to Apply’. They have to fill in the following details:
- Personal Details: Full Name, Gender, Email ID, DOB, Parents information etc.
- Course & Category: Candidate’s category, Course, Program and Stream.
- Location: Select the country, state, city and enter your pin with selecting the nationality.
Step 2: Uploading of Photo and Signature
In this step, candidates are required to furnish the following particulars:
- Education Qualification: Current Institute information, School Name, Qualifying exam, Board/ University, Year of passing etc.
- Uploading of candidate’s Photograph and Signature.
Important Points related to Photo and Signature:
- Recent Passport size photograph with light background (preferably white).
- Must be signed by the test taker on a white paper using a black/blue pen.
After this, applicants are required to go through the declaration thoroughly and select ‘I AGREE’ tab.
Step 3: Programs and Payment
Here, candidates are required to select the program and enter their address. With this, select the preferred mode of payment. A brief about the same is listed below:
Application Fee Payment
- Application fee is INR 600 and for entrance test, it is INR 1400.
- Application fee can be paid through PayTM, Credit card/Debit card or net banking.
- Payment can also be made through DD in favor of “Manipal University”, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
- Candidates paying the application fee through DD have to send the print copy of the filled application form along with DD to the following address:
Director, Indian Admissions,
Room No. 102, Manipal University,
Manipal – 576 104 Karnataka, India.
MET Admit Card 2020
Admit card or e-hall ticket will be available for download at manipal.edu only. The document will not be sent via postal mode or fax or any other modes. Steps to download the document are given below:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of MET / MET i.e. www.manipalotbs.com OR manipal.edu
Step 2: Enter the issued MET Application Number and Password emailed on the registered ID.
Step 3: Click on ‘Login’ button.
Step 4: Check and Download the hall ticket
Step 5: Save it for future correspondence.
Documents to carry along with Hall Ticket:
- 2 copies of e-Hall ticket.
- 1 photocopy of the application form.
- Anyone of Photo ID Proof: Passport / Driving License / EC Voter ID card / IT PAN card or School / College ID card.
Know more aboutMET / MET Admit Card
MET Exam Centers 2020
Manipal University entrance exam or MET is conducted in more than 50 cities across India. There are international centers as well. At the time of registration, candidates are required to select;
- a county
- a State and
- a City with a Pin code
MET Exam Pattern 2020
Manipal University will hold the exam in computer based mode. The question paper will contain 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and General Aptitude. Test takers will be allotted 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam.
Brief details on exam pattern are given below:
- MET will be in English medium.
- Questions will be objective in nature i.e. multiple choice questions (MCQ type). Candidate must choose the right or closest to the right answer from among the choices given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Each question carries 4 marks and the right answer will be awarded 4 marks.
Other Facts Related to MET Paper Pattern:
- Rough sheets will be provided during the test and must be returned back on completion of the test.
- On completion of the test, the final score will be displayed on the screen immediately.
- The test score can also be verified online, 24 hours after the test completion
- For multiple attempts, best of the scores will be considered for the merit list
For MET weightage for each subject for the degree courses B.Tech, B.Pharm, PharmD is given in the below table.
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
CheckMET Exam Pattern
MET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for MET is prescribed by the coordinating body i.e. Manipal University. It is defined as per the offered courses.
- B. Tech and other courses syllabus will be comprised Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry & General English.
- The syllabus is based on the 10+2 level followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities.
Brief Syllabus on UG degree is given below:
- For Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Force and Motion, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems & Experimental Skills.
- For Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- For Mathematics: Partial Functions, Logarithms, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Analytical Geometry, Limits & Continuity, Trigonometry, Vectors, Circles, Differentiation, Integration, Probability.
- For General English: spotting of errors, vocabulary and sentence improvement.
MET 2020 Result
The controller of Examinations of Manipal University will publish the Results of MET 2020 on their website. It is suggested to keep the printouts of the result for the Counselling & admission process.
Steps to download MET 2020 result:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Manipal University
Step 2: Click on ‘MET 2020 results’ link.
Step 3: Enter your application number and password.
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Step 5: MET results will be displayed on the screen and Download it for future reference.
MET Cut off 2020
The minimum cut off marks decided by the Manipal University for entrance exam is the criteria required to qualify the examination. It will be announced after the release of MET results. Previous year cutoff ranks for top courses are given below:
|Course Department||Cut off Marks|
|Computer Science Engineering||19|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||37|
|Information Technology Engineering||66|
MET Counselling 2020
Candidates meeting the minimum cut off mark and having met the eligibility criteria will be called for the counselling rounds. Below is the basic procedure followed in MET 2020 counselling:
- Registration: First of all, candidates have to fill the registration form through the official website to participate in the counseling.
- Documents Verification: Next, they must get their original documents verified along with the one set of self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- Seat Allotment: The seats will be allotted as per their ranks and availability of seats and the choices filled by them.
- Counseling fee: Pay the course fees by DD/Produce confirmation of RTGS payment and collect the provisional admission letter.
- Waitlist: Waitlist will be published for candidates who wish to change the allotted seat followed by the second round of counseling and those have not allotted the seats in the first round.
- Filing/Modifying Filled Choices: In this step, one can fill/modify their choices and the order of their preference by logging in to their portal. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the modified or filled lock choices.
- Report to the allotted colleges: With the provisional admission letter, candidates have to report the allotted college to them as per the dates mentioned in the letter.
Mandatory Documents for Counselling
- MET 2020 e-Hall Ticket.
- OET 2020 Scorecard.
- Counselling call letter.
- Original copy of 10th class mark sheet.
- Original copy of 12th class mark sheet.
- Under graduate degree certificate (if applicable).
- Marks sheets of all the qualifying exams and degree.
- Post graduate diploma certificate (if applicable).
- Conduct certificate or Character certificate from the last studied institution.
MET 2020 Scholarships Offered
- Manipal University, with the objective of encouraging meritorious students and academic excellence, many scholarships are offered to deserving candidates.
- The quantum of scholarship and the number of scholarships are subject to change from time to time.
- Changes, if any will be published in the official portal of Manipal University i.e. manipal.edu
Various Scholarships Available
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship
- AICTE Scholarship
- Scholarship for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- ITC Scholarship for BHM students
- KADAMBI Scholarship
- Scholarships for Konkani speaking students
- The seats for all the courses offered by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) can be secured only by merit in the qualifying examination/entrance test.
- The university has no middlemen for admissions.
- There is no management quota, reserved seats or payment seats of any kind.
- Foreign/Non-Resident Indian (NRI) seats at Manipal Academy of Higher Education are not equivalent to payment seats or management quota.
- NRI seats are only available for students with Non-Resident Indian status or those sponsored by relatives with NRI status or foreign nationals.
MET 2020 FAQs
Ques. Is it compulsory to pay the course fee and exam fee at the time of Registration?
Ans. Yes, It is compulsory to pay both the fee. If you don't pay the fee, your application form will be considered incomplete and will be rejected.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the MET Exam 2020?
Ans. There is a negative marking in ME/M.Tech exam (1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer). There is no negative marking for the rest of the courses.
Ques. Do I have to take out print of Application Form and send it to the University?
Ans. Application forms sent through offline mode will not be entertained. The only way to register for the exam is through online mode on the official website of MET.
Ques. Can I apply for more than one course in the entrance exam?
Ans. Yes. If a candidate want to register for more than one course they can do so. The application fee will be submitted separately for both the courses.
Ques. I am a Non Resident Indian, Can I also apply for the exam?
Ans. Yes Foreign/NRI candidates can also appear in the exam. The registration fee for NRI/ foreign candidates is INR 2500.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College