MHT CET 2021 is likely to be conducted during the 1st or 2nd week of August as recently announced by Uday Samant, Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister. MHT CET Registration Process is over now. MHT CET Exam Date will be confirmed soon by State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell).
MHT CET is a common state-level entrance exam, it offers admission to undergraduate engineering, pharmacy, and agriculture courses such as B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma D, and B.Pharmacy offered at colleges in Maharashtra. As per MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021, MHT CET 2021 will have three question papers- Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry), and Paper 3 (Biology) with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- July 15, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Registration process ends today. Check Here
- June 10, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Official Brochure has been released. Download Here
- June 3, 2021: Maharashtra HSC Exams 2021 cancelled, update expected soon on MHT CET Exam Date.
- May 24, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Syllabus released along with the marking scheme. Check Here
- April 20, 2021: MHT CET Mock Tests available for students to practice. Check Here
MHT CET 2021 Exam Dates
|Release of MHT CET 2021 Application Form|| |
June 8, 2021
|Last date to fill MHT CET 2021 Application Form|| |
|Last date to fill MHT CET 2021 Application Form (with late fees)|
|MHT CET 2021 Form Correction||4th week of July 2021|
|MHT CET Admit Card Release 2021||4th week of July 2021|
|MHT CET Exam Date 2021||1st week of August|
|MHT CET 2021 Answer Key release and challenge||4th week of August 2021|
|MHT CET 2021 Result||4th week of August 2021|
|MHT CET 2021 Counselling||2nd week of September 202|
Will MHT CET 2021 be Cancelled?
With a number of exams getting postponed or cancelled, the speculations regarding MHT CET 2021 getting cancelled must be troubling the aspirants. However, the exam will most likely be conducted as Maharashtra HSC exams have already been cancelled which means there is no effective alternatice for Maharashtra engineering and Pharmacy admissions. Besides, it will be very difficult to prepare the merit list solely on the basis of Class 12th marks. Also considering the number of Covid-19 cases going down in Maharashtra, the state government may conduct MHT CET 2021 in August.
MHT CET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Papers||3 papers; Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry), Paper 3 (Biology)|
|Duration||90 Minutes for each paper|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Marathi, Urdu|
MHT CET 2021 Official Brochure
MHT CET Official Brochure 2021 has been released by State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) on June 10, 2021 along with the opening of MHT CET 2021 Registration window. MHT CET 2021 Brochure contains complete information about the exam starting from exam eligibility to the result process. Some of the dates are still do be updated in the brochure with regard to MHT CET 2021. As per the brochure, MHT CET 2021 will be conducted over a series of days in two shifts per day for PCM and PCB groups. Download MHT CET 2021 Brochure Here
MHT CET Eligibility 2021
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria will be set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Candidate must have passed HSC/ Class XII or an equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject. Only those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be eligible to appear for the exam:
|Nationality of a Candidate||Indian nationality|
|Age Limit||No age limit prescribed|
|Educational Qualification||All candidates must have passed/ be appearing HSC/ 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects|
|Minimum Marks||General category candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the 12th standard examination whereas the valid percentage for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is 45%.|
For detailed MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Check Here
MHT CET Application Form 2021
MHT CET 2021 Application Form has been released on June 8, 2021, candidates can apply until July 15, 2021. The application process includes the following major steps:
- Register for MHT CET 2021 on the official website
- Fill the Application Form and provide details such as personal information, contact information and academic details.
- Upload all the requried documents according to the guidelines.
- Pay your MHT CET 2021 Application Fee of INR 800 for General category and INR 600 for reserved category.
- After the successful payment of application fee, a confirmation page will appear. Students can take a print out of the final page.
MHT CET Application Fee 2021
|For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||INR 800 /-|
|For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||INR 600 /-|
|Additional Late Registration fee ( for all categories)||INR 500 /-|
MHT CET Admit Card 2021
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card is expected to be available in 1st week of August 2021. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2021 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Centers
MHT CET Exam Centers 2021 are distributed across 36 locations in 8 districts of Maharashtra; Mumbai, Pune, Miraj (Sangli), Dhule, Aurangabad, Nanded, Akola, and Nagpur. Candidates can choose upto 2 exam centres while filling MHT CET Application Form.
The final test centre will be mentioned on the Hall Ticket. The board does not allow editing or changing the test center during MHT CET Form Correction.
- Candidates must reach the test centre by the time mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates must follow MHT CET Exam Day Instructions inside their allotted test centre.
- Since test centres cannot be changed once chosen, candidates are required to practice caution while selecting the same.
- MHT-CET 2021 will be conducted by online mode at almost all the districts in the State of Maharashtra.
- Outside Maharasthra the Capital Districts of the selected states like Delhi-NCR, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Telangana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh could be the centers for examination. All this will depend on the availability of the candidates.
- The center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
List of district headquarters for MHT CET 2021 are mentioned below:
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021 will help you to understand the type of questions, marks awarded to correct answers, the total number of questions, etc. The accurate information regarding MHT CET exam pattern will help while preparing for the exam. Also, as per the exam pattern, the questions in the paper will be based on the Class 11 & 12 state board syllabus. The weightage given to the questions based on Class 11 is 20% and of Class 12 is 80%.
- No. of Groups in MHT CET: 2 i.e. PCM & PCB
- Papers in PCM Group: 3 i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Papers in PCB Group: 3 i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Weightage of Paper 1 - Mathematics Questions: 50
- Weightage of Paper 2 - Physics & Chemistry Questions: 100
- Weightage of Paper 3 - Biology Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks to PCM & PCB: 200 each
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Time Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total No. of Questions in PCM||150|
|Total No. of Questions in PCB||200|
|Medium of MHT CET Exam|| |
MHT CET Marking Scheme 2021
- As per MHT CET Marking Scheme candidates will get +2 marks for every correct answer in Mathematics i.e. Paper-1.
- In Paper-2 & 3, candidates will get a +1 mark for every correct answer.
- No negative marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Time Duration (Min.)|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Paper-3||Biology - Botany||10||40||1||100||90|
|Biology - Zoology||10||40||1|
MHT CET Paper Analysis – Previous Year
In order to formulate an idea of the questions asked in MHT CET 2021, it is necessary to perform a paper analysis of the MHT CET 2020 paper-
- Physics - The overall Physics section of MHT CET can be considered to be considered as being moderate. The most asked topics were Thermodynamics, Electrostatics and Rotational Motion
- Chemistry - The overall Chemistry Section of the exam was considered to be quite easy with most of the questions being memory-based and not calculation-based. The most asked topics were from Chemical Bonding, p,d, f Block elements, and Polymers.
- Biology - The biology section was considered to be relatively easy with topics like Reproduction, Growth, Genetics and Photosynthesis being the major topics from which the questions were made.
- Mathematics - The maths section of the exam was considered to be of moderate difficulty. A lot of topics such as - Integration, VEctor 3D, CIrcle, Conics, Pair of Straight Lines, Sequence and Series, Matrices and Differential calculus were covered in the paper, fortunately, most of them required less than 5 minutes of solving.
For MHT CET 2021 paper prediction a quick glance into the number of the questions and their difficulty level is given below -
|Subject||Difficulty Level||Total Questions|
Deep Observation Based
Require Light Calculation
MHT CET Syllabus 2021
MHT CET Syllabus 2021 is specified by the State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell, Maharashtra, on the official website. MHT CET Syllabus 2021 is based on the syllabus of Class 11th and 12th of MSBSHSE for all 4 subjects: Maths, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Candidates must prepare for all the units of class XII & XI, except for the ones deleted for HSC examination due to COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates must note that 20% weightage has been awarded to class 11 syllabus and the remaining 80% weightage to class 12 syllabus in MHT CET 2021 exam.
Given below is the section-wise syllabus for all 4 subjects for your reference:
MHT CET Syllabus for Chemistry
Topics of Class XI Syllabus
Topics of Class XII Syllabus
Principles and Processes of Isolation
States of Matter ( Solids, Liquids, Gases)
Principles of Organic Chemistry
Polymers and Organic Compounds
MHT CET Syllabus for Mathematics
Topics of Class XI Syllabus
Topics of Class XII Syllabus
Trigonometric Ratios & Identities
Straight Lines and Slopes
Matrices and Determinants
Relations & Functions
Relations and Functions
Limits & Continuity
MHT CET Syllabus for Physics
Topics of Class XI Syllabus
Topics of Class XII Syllabus
Laws of Motion
Wave Motion Theory
Electricity and Current
Circular Motion & Oscillations
Systems of Communication
Atoms and Molecules
MHT CET Syllabus for Biology
Topics of Class XI Syllabus
Topics of Class XII Syllabus
Plant Water Relations
Nutrition in Plants
Growth & Development in Plants
Plant Reproduction Process
Topics of Class XI Syllabus
Topics of Class XII Syllabus
Animal Cells and Tissues
Respiration in Humans
Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
Transfer of Energy
Health and Diseases
- Preparation Tips 2021
MHT CET 2021 Preparation Tips
Every year around 4 lakh student register for MHT CET and this makes it very competitive to get the desired seat in good colleges. Each topic of the syllabus has a critical role to play in clearing MHT CET 2021. Candidates must be skilful in preparing for subject matter. The test would offer 20 percent weightage to the standard XI curriculum and 80 per cent weightage to the standard XII curriculum when the question paper is being set. Instead of implementing the same technique of practice to all subjects, seek to follow the methods of study as per the subject requirements.
Before you start attempting MHT CET question papers, follow these tips to score better:
MHT CET Physics Tips
- Physics is a very typical topic, as it includes mathematical formulae and derivations. T
- hus, more and more practice is required. Candidates could do well in physics through everyday practice, and work to solve the derivation, rather than attempting to cram it.
- Candidates have to go through the papers of the previous year and refer to NCERT books, because they will help reinforce the basic concepts.
- Attempting to solve the subject of numerical physics is a significant challenge for students, but daily learning reinforces the computational abilities.
- Keep tabs on time when answering a question. This helps manage the time effectively during the examination.
MHT CET Chemistry Tips
- Chemistry is the subject that has the highest scoring prospects in the MHT CET.
- Students, with a bit of hard work, can get better scores in this segment.
- Mostly, questions concerning chemistry would be asked from the 12th standard syllabus, and you will have to grasp this topic well to ace the exam.
- Students should learn all basic chemical principles and seek to grasp the equations of both molecules and mixtures.
- Numerical chemistry is not very difficult for candidates to reach quite good marks seamlessly.
MHT CET Mathematics Tips
- Mathematics is wholly based on calculations and derivations so you have to work a lot with calculations.
- Concentrate more on topics such as Conic Section with an ellipse, hyperbola, parabola and rectangular parabola, Trigonometry, Vectors, 3D, and Integral Calculus to get good marks.
- Note that there will be no calculator allowed in the test. Manually solve all the questions while practising. That will enable you to increase your speed.
- Make a note of formulas on one page and repeatedly try to revise them.
- Discover techniques, math solutions and memory processes, so papers can be quickly and efficiently solved.
MHT CET Biology Tips
- Biology is a key subject of the MHT CET Exam. Therefore, candidates have to prepare well for the topics of Biology.
- Biology consists of questions relating to Zoology and Botany.
- Students therefore need to be aware of the basics of the subject, and also use flow charts.
- Candidates need to adequately revise the topics of zoology and botany because the concepts or wording in these topics are difficult and complicated. So, revision does make the paper well understood.
- Ensure that you prepare with the updated syllabus and exam pattern. The highest marks in the question paper will be covered by biology.
- Consistently study zoology and botany, because marks are divided evenly.
Check Detailed Subject Wise MHT CET 2021 preparation tips to know how exactly to prepare and score better.
Best Books for MHT CET 2021
MHT CET 2021 will consist of the syllabus from Class XI and Class XII textbooks of Maharashtra board. Listed below are some of the important preparation books for MHT CET exam:
|Chemistry||Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET||Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar||8193264746|
|Physics||MHT CET Physics (Marvel)||AJ Bapat||8193264754|
|Mathematics||Marvel MHT-CET Mathematics||Hemant G. Ainapure||8193264738|
|Biology||Marvel Biology for MHT-CET||K. Shankaran, Devaki Rema Devi||8192993345|
List of NCERT Books for MHT CET 2021
|1.||Physics Textbook Part I- For class 11||Chemistry Textbook Part I- For class 11||NCERT Solution for Class 11 Mathematics||Biology Textbook For class 11|
|2.||Physics Textbook Part I- For class 12||Chemistry Textbook Part II- For class 11||NCERT Solution for Class 12 Mathematics||Biology Textbook For class 12|
|3.||Physics Textbook Part II- For class 12||Chemistry Textbook Part I- For class 12||Mathematics Textbook Part II- For class 12||-|
|4.||-||Chemistry Textbook Part II- For class 12||-||-|
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on a similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
- These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- It also benefits candidates in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET.
- The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weight of marks.
Download MHT CET Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers – Click Here
MHT CET Mock Test 2021
- MHT CET Mock test syllabus is based on Class 11 and 12 topics as per State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra’s guidelines.
- The total duration of the mock test will be 180 minutes (90 minutes for each section).
- All questions are in the multiple-choice question (MCQ) pattern with one correct answer.
- The test consists of 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- There will be two sections - Mathematics, and Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates will get +2 for every correct answer in the Mathematics section and +1 for every correct answer in the Physics and Chemistry section.
- This test has no negative marking.
- The maximum marks are 200 (100 for each section).
MHT CET 2021 Answer Key
MHT CET 2021 Answer Key will be released by State Common Entrance Test Cell a few days after the conclusion of the exam. Candidates will be able to check the answer key and candidate’s response to MHT CET 2021 question papers from the official website by entering their password and registration ID.
Authorities will first release the provisional MHT CET 2021 Answer Key for each version of the question paper. In case of objections, candidate’s can challenge the preliminary answer key with a payment of INR 800 for general category and INR 600 for reserved categories.
MHT CET 2021 Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the estimated ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
- For Example: When you enter your estimated marks in the predictor along with category, state, etc then you can get estimated rank.
- Consider your estimated score is 110 and you are general category student then your predicted marks could range between 0 to 110.
- Along with that, you can also check the list of colleges in which you could be eligible to take admission with these scores.
- You can also use the filters like course or city to get more specific results.
MHT CET 2021 Results
MHT CET Result Date 2021 for both PCM and PCB has not yet been announced but following the trends of previous years, it will likely be released by the first week of September, 2021. MHT CET Result Link will be activated in the official website in which candidates must enter their login credentials to view the scorecard.
The minimum qualifying marks of 50% of the total marks (75 out of 100). In order to ensure equity and balance the score (as MHT CET is conducted in multiple slots), a normalization process similar to that of GATE or CAT is followed.
- About 192 colleges across Maharashtra in 7+ regions accept MHT CET results.
- After the release of the scorecard in MHT CET Result 2021 website, a merit list will be released simultaneously.
- A tie breaking process will be followed in case 2 or more candidates score the same marks. Learn How
- Candidates who found their marks to be unsatisfactory can apply for recheck of score by issuing a bank draft of INR 1000 to the Director of Education & Research, Mumbai.
- The results obtained in the MHT CET 2021 will be valid for one year only.
MHT CET Scorecard Sample
MHT CET Cut off 2021
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as the total number of seats available, the number of candidates that appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of the exam. Based on previous years trends, the table below provides the expected closing ranks of top 10 engineering colleges of each round of MHT CET Counselling:
|Participating Institute||Branch||Expected Rank Cutoff 2021||2019 Round 1||2019 Round 2||2019 Round 3|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1124-1454||12550||13695||13955|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi (Mumbai)||Information Technology||3576-5879||4371||5607||5293|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, (Pune)||Polymer Engineering||1996-6980||20664||23413||68592|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||9000-1045||9143||9476||–|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1793-2018||1640||1923||1992|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1195-1545||12550||13695||13955|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, (Mumbai)||Dyestuff Technology||3420- 5600||3283||5312||–|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, (Pune)||Electronics, and Telecommunication Engg.||4656-1794||4848||6195||16944|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||1234-3698||13027||35782|
MHT CET Marks Vs Percentile
- In 2018, the highest score was 165 and the percentile was 99.99 for the score ranges between 165-149 but in the year 2016 when the highest was again 165 then the percentile was 99.99 for the score ranges between 165-153.
- Similarly in the year 2017, the highest score was 147 and the percentile was 99.99 for a score range between 145-136.
Based on the MHT CET scores and percentiles analysis of previous years candidates can check the table below to get an idea about the relation between MHT CET Percentile and Marks.
|MHT CET Marks||MHT CET Percentile|
|130-150||98 to 99|
|110-140||96 to 98|
|100-110||95 to 96|
MHT CET 2021 Counselling
MHT CET 2021 Counselling will be executed in 2 rounds known as CAP (Common Admission process). The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes the following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counselling application form
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counseling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
MHT CET 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the expected MHT CET Exam Date?
Ans. MHT CET was expected to be scheduled in May but due to the sudden rise of COVID-19 cases in the country, the exam is most likely to be delayed until August 2021.The examination will be conducted in separate groups for PCB and PCM and the individual schedule for the separate group will be announced later.
Ques. When will MHT CET 2021 Application Form release?
Ans. MHT CET 2021 application form has been released on June 8, 2021. Students will be able to register for the exam until July 7, 2021.
Ques. Will MHT CET 2021 be cancelled?
Ans. With the cancellation of Maharashtra HSC Exams 2021, it is speculated that MHT CET 2021 might also be cancelled. However, as of now, there is no chance for the cancellation of MHT CET 2021. The government may go ahead with the exam for admission in engineering/ agriculture/ pharmacy courses. An official announcement on MHT CET 2021 exam dates is expected soon.
Ques. When will the authorities release MHT CET 2021 cutoff?
Ans. The application process for the MHT CET 2021 has not commenced yet. The authorities will release the results along with the cutoff after the conclusion of the exam. It is expected that the results will be declared in September 2021. The candidates need to visit the official website for the latest updates. Check More MHT CET Cut Off 2021
Ques. How do I get login credential for logging in?
Ans. During the process of online registration, you will generate your own password. After submission of MHT CET registration form, the system will automatically generate the Application Number. Aspirants are advised to keep the application no. and password confidential till the end of the process. A password is very important for participating in the Online Process. Sharing of the password can result in its misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of the genuine candidate from the online process.
Ques. If I forget the password that I have created during the process of MHT CET registration, how can I retrieve it?
Ans. To retrieve the forgotten password, the system facilitates the following process:
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter details: MHTCET Application No., Date of Birth and Mother's First Name as filled at the time of registration.
The above data submitted by the candidate will be validated with the registered candidate's database. If the above entries match, only then the system will allow creating a new password.
Ques. Can an NRI student apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. No, only Indian students are eligible to apply for MHT CET exam.
Ques. Can a diploma holder apply for MHT CET to get admission into the first year of engineering courses?
Ans. No, they are eligible for lateral entry, they don't have to appear for MHT CET examination
Ques. In how many languages does MHT CET exam held?
Ans. MHT CET exam is held in ENGLISH, URDU, MARATHI. However paper in URDU and MARATHI will only be available to those who opt for it in preferred language section while filling up the form.
Ques. What is the duration of MHT CET exam?
Ans. The total duration of MHT CET is 180 min, the exam is held in two parts consisting of paper 1 and paper 2. Each paper is 90 min long.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in MHT CET exam?
Ans. NO, There are no negative marks in the exam.
Ques. Where can I apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. The exam form can be filled in online mode only through the official website of MHT CET 2021, The application form have been released on June 8.
Ques. What is the application fee for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. The application fee for MHT CET 2021 is INR 800 for candidates belonging to General category. Meanwhile, candidates belonging to backward classes need to pay INR 600.
Ques. Can candidates from other state appear for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, candidates from outside of Maharashtra can appear for MHT CET 2021, but for those students, NO government college or government-aided institute will be allotted and They can only go for Private institutes
Ques. Are there any age limit criteria to apply for Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy courses?
Ans. No, there is no age limit for these courses. For more details on MHT CET Eligibility, click here
Ques. Are there any restrictions on the file size for the photograph and signature?
Ans. Yes, the file size of the photograph should be between 15 KB to 50 KB and the signature file should be between 5 KB to 50 KB. For steps to reduce file size
Ques. When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before the admit card is generated?
Ans. On successfully registering for MHT CET 2021, you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature and the same is displayed on the Acknowledgement Form which will be available after the payment has been made. Please note that full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application will be summarily rejected.
Ques. How do I convert CGPA to a percentage?
Ans. You have to multiply your CGPA with 9.5 and the result will be your percentage or you can Contact the school authority or junior college authority for the conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage.
Ques. I am an NRI Candidate aspiring for engineering admission. Can I appear for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. No. The Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2021. They shall register for Admission purposes during the Document Verification stage of Centralised Admission Process, as per the schedule to be declared by the Competent Authority.
Ques. I am an ST Category candidate student of Madhya Pradesh state. Can I avail the benefit of ST Category?
Ans. No. The reservation will be given to the Backward Class Candidates of Maharashtra State only.
Ques. I belong to OBC Category of Maharashtra State and have the caste certificate but due to the high income of my parents, I shall not get the Non Creamy layer (NCL) certificate. Will I get the benefit of OBC Category?
Ans. No. To avail the benefit of reservation under OBC category, it is must produce NCL certificate valid up to March 31, 2021 during Document Verification stage of CAP, otherwise, they will be treated as General Category candidates.
Ques. I am a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, should I appear for CET for admissions to first-year engineering course?
Ans. No. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission without MHTCET. Please refer MHT CET Eligibility for more information.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the Examination?
Ans. The exam will be conducted through Online (Computer Based Test) mode. For more details on MHT CET Exam Pattern, click here.
Ques. What is the scheme of negative marking?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking. You can attempt all the questions of 3 papers.
Ques. Do I have to report to any CET office for Online MHT CET registration?
Ans. No. Online Registration can be done from any place of convenience (including from home) using the internet.
Ques. Do I require any documents to get registered online?
Ans. No. You will only be required to fill the information in the online application form such as Date of Birth, residential address, contact details like mobile no., email id, bank details, Aadhaar Number.
Ques. I am appearing for class 12 examination in Mumbai, how do I know if the District of College falls under Mumbai (11) or Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ans. If your School / Jr. College is situated anywhere between Colaba and Mahim or Colaba and Sion, then select Mumbai (11) and if it is beyond Sion and Mahim, then select Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ques. Am I allowed to edit/make changes to the data filled during MHT CET online registration?
Ans. Yes, you will be prompted to verify the data entered by you after you click "NEXT" on the MHT CET registration form. You can view your complete data and should you want to make any changes, click on the "BACK" button on the screen to make changes. Once you have submitted the data online, you may choose to "EDIT" the information. If you find that the data is correct, click "Upload Photograph & Signature". Please note that no change in the three name fields (Candidate's Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No. is possible. Once you have submitted the data, 'Edit Profile' link will appear after you log in to the website using your unique application no. and password.
Ques. I have made an error in filling my name/father's / husband's first name / last name/mother's first name/date of birth. What should I do?
Ans. The corrections can be made by sending a letter to the competent authority, MHT-CET, Mumbai. This letter should be submitted before the declaration of results and should be accompanied by SSC mark-sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.