Table of Contents
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card, Syllabus and Pattern
MHT CET 2020 is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. It is a state-level entrance test, conducted to offer admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in more than 300 institutes across Maharashtra.
As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET. This year exam will be conducted in an online mode in 2 slots. The first slot will be from April 13 - 17 and the second slot will be from April 20 - 23, 2020.
Candidates must pass their HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board to be eligible to apply for the exam. MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be released in the first week of January 2020 (tentatively). You can visit the official website dtemaharashtra.gov.in for the online application process. The online form fee is INR 800. MHT CET 2020 Result will be announced in the last week of June 2020. After that candidates can apply for counseling and seat allotment process. Check MHT CET Eligibility
The questions in the entrance exam will be based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. 20% weight will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weight will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper. The difficulty level in MHT CET question papers will be similar to JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Biology paper difficulty level will be as of the NEET exam.
Download MHT CET Practice Papers
MHT CET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||100 questions - Paper I and Paper II|
50 questions - Paper III
|Marking Scheme||No negative marking|
Changes Introduced in MHT CET 2020
- Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on the Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, students will have to study the Class 11 syllabus as well.
- In MHT CET Syllabus 2020, 20% weight is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weight is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
- The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2020 will be raised and be almost equal to JEE Main in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and NEET for Biology.
- The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. The questions will be application-based.
- In MHT CET 2020, questions will not be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates
The online application process for MHT CET 2020 is expected to start from the second week of February 2020. MHT CET 2020 examination will be conducted in the second week of May 2020 (Tentative). Important dates of MHT CET 2020 is given below:
|Starting of MHT CET Online Registration||Second week of February 2020|
|Last date to submit MHT CET 2020 Application Form||Fourth week of March 2020|
|Release of MHT CET 2020 Admit card||Fourth week of April 2020|
|MH CET 2020 Exam Date (Released)||April 13 – 17, 2020|
April 20 – 23, 2020
|Declaration of MHT CET 2020 Results||First week of June 2020|
|Starting of MHT CET 2020 Counselling||Second week of June 2020|
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for MHT CET 2020, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Only those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in MHT CET 2020. Below is the eligibility of MHT CET 2020:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit to appear in MHT CET 2020.
- Candidate must have passed HSC/class XII exam or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) in aggregate of 5 subjects.
- Female candidates are not eligible for a mining engineering course.
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
- The nationality of candidates should be an Indian.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
- Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates)
For Pharmacy courses
- Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.
- There is no age limit applicable to this course.
MHT CET 2020 Application Form
MHT CET 2020 Application Form can be filled by visiting the online application portal. MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be available from the first week of January 2020 tentatively.
The application process includes these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for a ‘registration link’.
- Click on ‘new user’ and enter details like email ID, phone number, password, etc.
- You will get a unique user id and password on the registered email id or contact number.
Step 2: Form Filling
Fill the MH CET 2020 Application Form and provide your personal and academic details carefully before submitting them. Also, reservation information needs to be filled along with other details.
Step 3: Uploading documents
Upload your passport size photograph clicked on a white background and a scanned copy of your signature. The photograph size should be in .jpg format ranging from 15kb-50 kb. The signature should be done with black ink and should be scanned at 200 dpi. The size of the signature should range from 5kb-20kb.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee can be via online as well as offline mode. The application fee for MHT CET 2020 is INR 800 for the General category, while candidates of reserved categories should pay INR 600. If a candidate opts for the online method of payment, he/she will have to use net banking facility or payment through credit card/debit card. The offline payment can be done through e-challan which will be generated automatically.
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released on April 24, 2020 (Tentative). Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2020 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET Exam Centers
MHT CET exam will be conducted at 36 exam centers in Maharashtra. Candidates had to choose their preferred exam centers while registering for the exam. List of available test centers for MHT CET 2020 is mentioned below:
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2020 will be organized as an online Computer Based Test (CBT). It holds 3 Papers - Paper 1(Mathematics), Paper 2(Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 3 (Biology – Zoology & Botany).
- The question paper will cover the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weight will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weight will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1: Mathematics Paper 2: Physics/Chemistry Paper 3: Zoology and Botany|
|Time Duration of Exam||90 minutes for each paper|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||Paper 1: 50 questions Paper 2 and 3: 100 questions each|
|Marks per question||Paper 1: +2 marks for each correct answer. Paper 2 and 3: +1 mark for each correct answer.|
|Medium of Examination||Paper 1: English Paper 2 and 3: English, Marathi, Urdu|
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on a similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Italso benefits them in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET. The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weightage of marks.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2020 exam must prepare for it thoroughly from class 11th and 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET 2020 exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra. Understand the complete MHT CET Syllabus & clear each and every single concept from text books.
MHT CET 2020 Results
To access MHT CET 2020 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The result will be announced in June 2020 in the form of scorecard. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2020 will be valid for one year only. The provisional answer keys were made available for candidates from May 17, 2020.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2020 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the tentative ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
MHT CET Cut off 2020
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as the total number of seats available, the number of candidates that appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of the exam. Based on previous years trends, the table below provides the expected closing ranks of top 10 engineering colleges of each round of MHT CET Counselling:
|Participating Institute||Branch||Expected Rank Cutoff 2020||2019 Round 1||2019 Round 2||2019 Round 3|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1124-1454||12550||13695||13955|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi (Mumbai)||Information Technology||3576-5879||4371||5607||5293|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, (Pune)||Polymer Engineering||1996-6980||20664||23413||68592|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||9000-1045||9143||9476||–|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1793-2018||1640||1923||1992|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1195-1545||12550||13695||13955|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, (Mumbai)||Dyestuff Technology||3420- 5600||3283||5312||–|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, (Pune)||Electronics, and Telecommunication Engg.||4656-1794||4848||6195||16944|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||1234-3698||13027||35782|
MHT CET 2020 Counselling
- The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Verification of documents and uploading and confirmation of application form will be done from June 25, 2020 to July 01, 2020 (Tentative).
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes the following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counseling application form
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counseling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
Ques. How do I get login credential for logging in?
Ans. During the process of online registration, you will generate your own password. After submission of MHT CET registration form, the system will automatically generate the Application Number.
Aspirants are advised to keep the application no. and password confidential till the end of the process. A password is very important for participating in the Online Process. Sharing of the password can result in its misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of the genuine candidate from the online process.
Ques. If I forget the password that I have created during the process of MHT CET registration, how can I retrieve it?
Ans. To retrieve the forgotten password, the system facilitates the following process:
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter details: MHTCET Application No., Date of Birth and Mother's First Name as filled at the time of registration.
The above data submitted by the candidate will be validated with the registered candidate's database. If the above entries match, only then the system will allow creating a new password.
Ques. When will I receive the MHT CET 2020 Admit Card?
Ans. You can download your MHT CET admit card from the official website of DTE Maharashtra at any time in the last week of March 2020.
Ques. Are there any age limit criteria to apply for Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy courses?
Ans. No, there is no age limit for these courses. For more details on MHT CET Eligibility, click here.
Ques. Are there any restrictions on the file size for the photograph and signature?
Ans. Yes, the file size of the photograph should be between 15 KB to 50 KB and the signature file should be between 5 KB to 50 KB. For steps to reduce file size Click Here.
Ques. When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before the admit card is generated?
Ans. On successfully registering for MHT CET 2020, you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature and the same is displayed on the Acknowledgement Form which will be available after the payment has been made.
Please note that full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application will be summarily rejected.
Ques. When will MHT CET 2020 results be declared?
Ans.MHT CET Results will be declared in June 2020. After that, a merit list will be created to and according to that candidates can apply for the counseling process.
Ques. How do I convert CGPA to a percentage?
Ans. You have to multiply your CGPA with 9.5 and the result will be your percentage or you can Contact the school authority or junior college authority for the conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage.
Ques. I am an NRI Candidate aspiring for engineering admission. Can I appear for MHT CET 2020?
Ans. No. The Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2020. They shall register for Admission purposes during the Document Verification stage of Centralised Admission Process, as per the schedule to be declared by the Competent Authority.
Ques. I am an ST Category candidate student of Madhya Pradesh state. Can I avail the benefit of ST Category?
Ans. No. The reservation will be given to the Backward Class Candidates of Maharashtra State only.
Ques. I belong to OBC Category of Maharashtra State and have the caste certificate but due to the high income of my parents, I shall not get the Non Creamy layer (NCL) certificate. Will I get the benefit of OBC Category?
Ans. No. To avail the benefit of reservation under OBC category, it is must produce NCL certificate valid up to March 31, 2020 during Document Verification stage of CAP, otherwise they will be treated as General Category candidates.
Ques. I am a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, should I appear for CET for admissions to first-year engineering course?
Ans. No. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission without MHTCET. Please refer MHT CET Eligibility for more information.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the Examination?
Ans. The exam will be conducted through Online (Computer Based Test) mode. For more details on MHT CET Exam Pattern, click here.
Ques. What is the scheme of negative marking?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking. You can attempt all the questions of 3 papers.
Ques. Do I have to report to any CET office for Online MHT CET registration?
Ans. No. Online Registration can be done from any place of convenience (including from home) using the internet. Online forms will be available from the first week of January 2020 and you fill the form by paying an online fee of INR 800.
Ques. Do I require any documents to get registered online?
Ans. No. You will only be required to fill the information in the online application form such as Date of Birth, residential address, contact details like mobile no., email id, bank details, Aadhaar Number.
Ques. I am appearing for class 12 examination in Mumbai, how do I know if the District of College falls under Mumbai (11) or Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ans. If your School / Jr. College is situated anywhere between Colaba and Mahim or Colaba and Sion, then select Mumbai (11) and if it is beyond Sion and Mahim, then select Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ques. Am I allowed to edit/make changes to the data filled during MHT CET online registration?
Ans. Yes, you will be prompted to verify the data entered by you after you click "NEXT" on the MHT CET registration form. You can view your complete data and should you want to make any changes, click on the "BACK" button on the screen to make changes. Once you have submitted the data online, you may choose to "EDIT" the information.
If you find that the data is correct, click "Upload Photograph & Signature". Please note that no change in the three name fields (Candidate's Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No. is possible.
Once you have submitted the data, 'Edit Profile' link will appear after you log in to the website using your unique application no. and password.
Ques. I have made an error in filling my name/father's / husband's first name / last name/mother's first name/date of birth. What should I do?
Ans. The corrections can be made by sending a letter to the competent authority, MHT-CET, Mumbai. This letter should be submitted before the declaration of results and should be accompanied by SSC mark-sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College