MHT CET (or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is a common state level entrance exam conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra every year. It offers admission to undergraduate engineering, pharmacy and agriculture courses such as B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma D and B.Pharmacy offered at colleges in Maharashtra. MHT CET 2021 is expected to be conducted in the second week of May 2021. Students can expect MHT CET 2021 Application Form to be available in February. Check MHT CET 2021 Application Form
According to MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021, the exam will be held as a three-hour computer-based test. MHT CET 2021 will have three question papers- Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 3 (Biology) with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
MHT CET Latest Updates
- Jan 26, 2021: MHT CET 2020 Seat Allotment result for CAP Round 2 B.E/B.Tech released.
- Jan 13, 2021: MHT CET 2020 CAP Round 1 Allotment Result for B.E/B.Tech released.
- Jan 6, 2021: MHT CET 2020 final merit list released. Check MHT CET 2020 Counselling
- Dec 25, 2020: MHT CET 2021 Syllabus and Marking Scheme released. Read More
Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has released the official MHT CET Syllabus 2021 along with the marking scheme. Each paper will carry 100 marks each with no negative marking. 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer in mathematics paper and 1 mark in other papers. Approximately, 20% weightage is given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weightage to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
MHT CET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Papers||3 papers; Paper 1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry), Paper 3 (Biology)|
|Duration||90 Minutes for each paper|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Marathi, Urdu|
MHT CET 2021 Exam Dates
|Release of MHT CET 2021 Application Form|| |
Second week of February 2021
|Last date to fill MHT CET 2021 Application Form|| |
Fourth week of March 2021
|Last date to fill MHT CET 2021 Application Form (with late fees)||Third week of April 2021|
|MHT CET 2021 Admit Card Release||Fourth week of April 2021|
|MHT CET 2021 Exam Date||First week of May 2021|
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility
Before applying for MHT CET 2021, candidates must check MHT CET eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Only those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in MHT CET 2021. The eligibility criteria for MHT CET 2021 is mentioned below:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit to appear in MHT CET 2021.
- Candidate must have passed HSC/ Class XII or an equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2021 are considered eligible.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) in aggregate of 5 subjects.
- Female candidates are not eligible for a mining engineering course.
MHT CET 2021 Registration
MHT CET 2021 Registration is expected to be available in the 2nd week of February 2021 until the 4th week of March 2021. The application process includes the following major steps:
- Register for MHT CET 2021 on the official website
- Fill the Application Form and provide details such as personal information, contact information and academic details.
- Upload all the requried documents according to the guidelines.
- Pay your MHT CET 2021 Application Fee of INR 800 for General category and INR 600 for reserved category.
- After the successful payment of application fee, a confirmation page will appear. Students can take a print out of the final page.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
MHT-CET will be conducted in two groups i.e. PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The question papers are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) having 4 options.
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Time Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||50 from each Subject|
|Marks per question||Paper 1: +2 marks for each correct answer. Paper 2 and 3: +1 mark for each correct answer.|
|Medium of Examination||Paper 1: English Paper 2 and 3: English, Marathi, Urdu|
Check Detailed MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2021 Marking Scheme
|Paper||Subject||Number of MCQs based on||Marks Allotted for Each Question||Total Marks|
|Class 11 Syllabus||Syllabus|
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2021 must prepare for it thoroughly from class 11th and 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra.
- Candidates have to cover the full syllabus from Class 12 (excluding topics deleted for HSC exam due to COVID 19 pandemic)
- The topics need to be covered from class 11th are mentioned below:
Best Books for MHT CET 2021
MHT CET 2021 will consist of the syllabus from Class XI and Class XII textbooks of Maharashtra board. Listed below are some of the important preparation books for MHT CET exam:
|Chemistry||Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET||Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar||8193264746|
|Physics||MHT CET Physics (Marvel)||AJ Bapat||8193264754|
|Mathematics||Marvel MHT-CET Mathematics||Hemant G. Ainapure||8193264738|
|Biology||Marvel Biology for MHT-CET||K. Shankaran, Devaki Rema Devi||8192993345|
MHT CET 2021 Preparation
Every year around 4 lakh student register for MHT CET and this makes it very competitive to get the desired seat in good colleges. Candidates can follow below-mentioned tips to prepare for MHT CET 2021:
- Candidates must go through complete MHT CET syllabus in order to know what’s important to study.
- The candidates should then divide the topic according to the difficulty and time needed to prepare for it.
- A detailed time table should be prepared, allocating the required time for each subject. The timing dedicated to study should synchronise with exam timing.
- Mathematics consist of half of the total weightage of the paper hence it must be prepared properly covering all the important topics to ensure a good score.
- Common topics in Physics and Chemistry like thermodynamics should be prepared simultaneously to save a bit of time.
- Topics from class 11th should be prepared first since they form the base for much concepts for the topics from class 12th.
- Candidates should follow standard books to study the concepts. Publications like Marvel, PLPN, Arihant and MTG are famous amongst the aspirants.
- Practice a variety of questions from previous years’ paper, mock tests and practice papers.
Check Subject Wise MHT CET 2021 preparation tips to know how exactly to prepare and score better.
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on a similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
- These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- It also benefits candidates in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET.
- The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weight of marks.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers – Click Here
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card is expected to be available in the fourth week of April 2021. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2021 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Centers
- MHT-CET 2021 will be conducted by online mode at almost all the districts in the State of Maharashtra.
- Outside Maharasthra the Capital Districts of the selected states like Delhi-NCR, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Telangana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh could be the centers for examination. All this will depend on the availability of the candidates. Check MHT CET Exam Centers
- The center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
List of district headquarters for MHT CET 2021 are mentioned below:
MHT CET 2021 Answer Key
The answer key for the MHT CET will be released by the conducting authority after few days of the examination. Candidates can check the answer key for each set of questions from the official site. Candidates can download the answer key by entering the password and registration ID.
MHT CET 2021 Results
To access MHT CET 2021 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2021 will be valid for one year only.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2021 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET 2021 Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the estimated ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
- For Example: When you enter your estimated marks in the predictor along with category, state, etc then you can get estimated rank.
- Consider your estimated score is 110 and you are general category student then your predicted marks could range between 0 to 110.
- Along with that, you can also check the list of colleges in which you could be eligible to take admission with these scores.
- You can also use the filters like course or city to get more specific results.
MHT CET Cut off 2021
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as the total number of seats available, the number of candidates that appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of the exam. Based on previous years trends, the table below provides the expected closing ranks of top 10 engineering colleges of each round of MHT CET Counselling:
|Participating Institute||Branch||Expected Rank Cutoff 2021||2019 Round 1||2019 Round 2||2019 Round 3|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1124-1454||12550||13695||13955|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi (Mumbai)||Information Technology||3576-5879||4371||5607||5293|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, (Pune)||Polymer Engineering||1996-6980||20664||23413||68592|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||9000-1045||9143||9476||–|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1793-2018||1640||1923||1992|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1195-1545||12550||13695||13955|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, (Mumbai)||Dyestuff Technology||3420- 5600||3283||5312||–|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, (Pune)||Electronics, and Telecommunication Engg.||4656-1794||4848||6195||16944|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||1234-3698||13027||35782|
MHT CET 2021 Counselling
MHT CET 2021 Counselling will be executed in 2 rounds known as CAP (Common Admission process). The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes the following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counselling application form
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counseling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
MHT CET 2021 FAQs
Ques. How do I get login credential for logging in?
Ans. During the process of online registration, you will generate your own password. After submission of MHT CET registration form, the system will automatically generate the Application Number. Aspirants are advised to keep the application no. and password confidential till the end of the process. A password is very important for participating in the Online Process. Sharing of the password can result in its misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of the genuine candidate from the online process.
Ques. If I forget the password that I have created during the process of MHT CET registration, how can I retrieve it?
Ans. To retrieve the forgotten password, the system facilitates the following process:
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter details: MHTCET Application No., Date of Birth and Mother's First Name as filled at the time of registration.
The above data submitted by the candidate will be validated with the registered candidate's database. If the above entries match, only then the system will allow creating a new password.
Ques. Can an NRI student apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. No, only Indian students are eligible to apply for MHT CET exam.
Ques. Can a diploma holder apply for MHT CET to get admission into the first year of engineering courses?
Ans. No, they are eligible for lateral entry, they don't have to appear for MHT CET examination
Ques. In how many languages does MHT CET exam held?
Ans. MHT CET exam is held in ENGLISH, URDU, MARATHI. However paper in URDU and MARATHI will only be available to those who opt for it in preferred language section while filling up the form.
Ques. What is the duration of MHT CET exam?
Ans. The total duration of MHT CET is 180 min, the exam is held in two parts consisting of paper 1 and paper 2. Each paper is 90 min long.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in MHT CET exam?
Ans. NO, There are no negative marks in the exam.
Ques. Where can I apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. The exam form can be filled in online mode only through the official website of MHT CET 2021, The application form will be available in the First or second week of January 2021.
Ques. Can candidates from other state appear for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, candidates from outside of Maharashtra can appear for MHT CET 2021, but for those students, NO government college or government-aided institute will be allotted and They can only go for Private institutes
Ques. Are there any age limit criteria to apply for Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy courses?
Ans. No, there is no age limit for these courses. For more details on MHT CET Eligibility, click here
Ques. Are there any restrictions on the file size for the photograph and signature?
Ans. Yes, the file size of the photograph should be between 15 KB to 50 KB and the signature file should be between 5 KB to 50 KB. For steps to reduce file size
Ques. When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before the admit card is generated?
Ans. On successfully registering for MHT CET 2021, you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature and the same is displayed on the Acknowledgement Form which will be available after the payment has been made. Please note that full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application will be summarily rejected.
Ques. How do I convert CGPA to a percentage?
Ans. You have to multiply your CGPA with 9.5 and the result will be your percentage or you can Contact the school authority or junior college authority for the conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage.
Ques. I am an NRI Candidate aspiring for engineering admission. Can I appear for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. No. The Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2021. They shall register for Admission purposes during the Document Verification stage of Centralised Admission Process, as per the schedule to be declared by the Competent Authority.
Ques. I am an ST Category candidate student of Madhya Pradesh state. Can I avail the benefit of ST Category?
Ans. No. The reservation will be given to the Backward Class Candidates of Maharashtra State only.
Ques. I belong to OBC Category of Maharashtra State and have the caste certificate but due to the high income of my parents, I shall not get the Non Creamy layer (NCL) certificate. Will I get the benefit of OBC Category?
Ans. No. To avail the benefit of reservation under OBC category, it is must produce NCL certificate valid up to March 31, 2021 during Document Verification stage of CAP, otherwise, they will be treated as General Category candidates.
Ques. I am a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, should I appear for CET for admissions to first-year engineering course?
Ans. No. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission without MHTCET. Please refer MHT CET Eligibility for more information.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the Examination?
Ans. The exam will be conducted through Online (Computer Based Test) mode. For more details on MHT CET Exam Pattern, click here.
Ques. What is the scheme of negative marking?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking. You can attempt all the questions of 3 papers.
Ques. Do I have to report to any CET office for Online MHT CET registration?
Ans. No. Online Registration can be done from any place of convenience (including from home) using the internet. Online forms will be available from the second week of February 2021 and you fill the form by paying an online fee of INR 800.
Ques. Do I require any documents to get registered online?
Ans. No. You will only be required to fill the information in the online application form such as Date of Birth, residential address, contact details like mobile no., email id, bank details, Aadhaar Number.
Ques. I am appearing for class 12 examination in Mumbai, how do I know if the District of College falls under Mumbai (11) or Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ans. If your School / Jr. College is situated anywhere between Colaba and Mahim or Colaba and Sion, then select Mumbai (11) and if it is beyond Sion and Mahim, then select Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ques. Am I allowed to edit/make changes to the data filled during MHT CET online registration?
Ans. Yes, you will be prompted to verify the data entered by you after you click "NEXT" on the MHT CET registration form. You can view your complete data and should you want to make any changes, click on the "BACK" button on the screen to make changes. Once you have submitted the data online, you may choose to "EDIT" the information. If you find that the data is correct, click "Upload Photograph & Signature". Please note that no change in the three name fields (Candidate's Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No. is possible. Once you have submitted the data, 'Edit Profile' link will appear after you log in to the website using your unique application no. and password.
Ques. I have made an error in filling my name/father's / husband's first name / last name/mother's first name/date of birth. What should I do?
Ans. The corrections can be made by sending a letter to the competent authority, MHT-CET, Mumbai. This letter should be submitted before the declaration of results and should be accompanied by SSC mark-sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.