MHT CET 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus and Cut off
MHT CET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam conducted for admission into Engineering and Allied Health Sciences courses in Maharashtra. MHT CET 2019 is scheduled for multiples dates from May 2 to May 13, 2019 in online mode.
Latest Update: Candidates can fill the MHT CET Application form till March 23, 2019.
- Before proceeding towards Registration, candidates should make sure that they fulfil the basic eligibility norms. Check MHT CET Eligibility
- The application fee for general category is INR 800 while that for reserved category is INR 600.
- The exam will be conducted at 36 exam centers in Maharashtra. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centers while registering for the exam.
- MHT CET 2019 comprises 3 papers. These are MCQ-based and the duration is 90 minutes for each. Check MHT CET Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 is conducted for Mathematics while Paper-2 is for Physics and Chemistry. Zoology and Botany questions are asked in Paper-3.
Result will be declared online by the Commissioner of State CET Cell tentatively, in the First week of June 2019. On the basis of the applicant’s performance, Counselling will be done. Aspirants can find all important details related to MHT CET 2019 exam in the article.
MHT CET 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online | Click Here|
|Total Number of Questions||100 questions - Paper I and Paper II|
50 questions - Paper III
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer No negative marking|
Changes Introduced in MHT CET 2019
- Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, students will have to study Class 11 syllabus as well.
- In MHT CET Syllabus 2019, 20% weightage is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weightage is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
- The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2019 will be raised and be almost equal to JEE Main in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and NEET for Biology.
- The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. The questions will be application based.
- In MHT CET 2019, questions will not be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.
MHT CET 2019 Exam Dates
The official schedule of MHT CET exam date is given here:
|Availability of MHT CET Application Form|
January 01 to March 23, 2019
|Online registration & Confirmation (with late fees)||March 24 to 31, 2019|
|Issue of MHT CET Admit Card||April 25 to May 02, 2019|
|MHT CET 2019 Exam||May 02 to 13, 2019|
|Availability of Answer Key||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of MHT CET 2019 Result||before first week of June 2019|
MHT CET 2019 Eligibility
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
- Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates)
For Pharmacy courses
- Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.
- There is no age limit applicable to this course.
MHT CET 2019 Application Form
MHT CET 2019 Application Form can be filled by visiting the online application portal. MHT CET 2019 Application Form can be filled from January 01, 2019 till March 23, 2019.
The application process includes these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for ‘registration link’.
- Click on ‘new user’ and enter details like email ID, phone number, password, etc.
- You will get a unique user id and password on the registered email id or contact number.
Step 2: Form Filling
Fill the MH CET 2019 Application Form and provide your personal and academic details carefully before submitting them. Also, reservation information needs to be filled along with other details.
Step 3: Uploading documents
Upload your passport size photograph clicked on a white background and a scanned copy of your signature. Photograph size should be in .jpg format ranging from 15kb-50 kb. The signature should be done with black ink and should be scanned at 200 dpi. The size of the signature should range from 5kb-20kb.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee can be via online as well as offline mode. The application fee for MHT CET 2019 is INR 800 for General category, while candidates of reserved categories should pay INR 600. If a candidate opts for the online method of payment, he/she will have to use net banking facility or payment through credit card/debit card. The offline payment can be done through e-challan which will be generated automatically.
MHT CET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be released in the month of April 2019. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2019 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2019 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET Exam Centers
MHT CET exam will be conducted at 36 exam centers in Maharashtra. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centers while registering for the exam. List of available test centers for MHT CET 2019 is mentioned below:
MHT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2019 exam consists of 3 sections- Paper I will comprise of Physics and Chemistry, Paper II will be based on Botany and Zoology while Paper III will include questions related to Mathematics. Candidates appearing for an engineering course can attempt 150 questions, for health sciences, 200 questions can be attempted. Those appearing for Pharmacy courses can attempt 150, 200 or 250 questions.
Other highlights of MHT CET 2019 Exam Pattern are:
- The exam will be pen-paper based.
- The questions will be Multiple Choice Objective (MCQ) type.
- The applicants of engineering degree programs will have to appear for Paper I and Paper III.
- The applicants of health science degree and other courses will have to appear for Paper I and Paper II.
- No penalty will be levied for wrong answers.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Total marks|
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Italso benefits them in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET. The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weightage of marks.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
MHT CET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2019 exam must prepare for it thoroughly from class 11th and 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET 2019 exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra. Understand the complete MHT CET Syllabus & clear each and every single concept from text books.
Syllabus of Class 11 is mentioned below:
|Physics||Measurement, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in Solids and Liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray Optics, Magnetic Effect of Electric|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Redox Reaction, Surface Chemistry. Nature Of Chemical Bond, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals), Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry, Alkanes.|
|Mathematics||Trigonometric Functions, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and Series|
|Biology (Section 1- Botany)||Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.|
|Biology (Section 1- Zoology)||Organization of Cell, Animal Tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration.|
MHT CET Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the tentative ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
MHT CET 2019 Results
To access MHT CET 2019 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The results will be out before first week of June 2019 in the form of score card. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2019 will be valid for one year only. The provisional answer key will be available for candidates before the announcement of results.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2019 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET Cut off
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as total number of seats available, number of candidates appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of exam.
Candidates are advised to check previous year Cut off to estimate their ranks. They can check below last year closing ranks for different participating institutes-
MHT CET 2019 Counselling
- The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Verification of documents and uploading and confirmation of application form will be done tentatively in 1st week of June.
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counselling application form
- Candidates who have obtained score valid for admission in academic year 2019-19 in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper 1 and have not registered for MHT CET 2019 are required to pay fees.
- Those who have already registered for MHT CET 2019 are not required to pay any fees for registration for admission.
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counselling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
Ques. How do I get login credential for logging in?
Ans. During the process of online registration, you will generate your own password. After submission of MHT CET registration form, the system will automatically generate the Application Number.
Aspirants are advised to keep the application no. and password confidential till the end of the process. A password is very important for participating in the Online Process. Sharing of the password can result in its misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of the genuine candidate from the online process.
Ques. If I forget the password that I have created during the process of MHT CET registration, how can I retrieve it?
Ans. To retrieve the forgotten password, the system facilitates the following process:
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter details: MHTCET Application No., Date of Birth and Mother's First Name as filled at the time of registration.
The above data submitted by the candidate will be validated with registered candidate's database. If the above entries match, only then the system will allow creating a new password.
Ques. When will I receive the MHT CET 2019 Admit Card?
Ans. You can download your MHT CET admit card from the official website of DTE Maharashtra any time from April 24 to May 10, 2019.
Ques. Are there any age limit criteria to apply for Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy courses?
Ans. No, there is no age limit for these courses. For more details on MHT CET Eligibility, click here.
Ques. Are there any restrictions on the file size for the photograph and signature?
Ans. Yes, the file size of the photograph should be between 15 KB to 50 KB and the signature file should be between 5 KB to 50 KB. For steps to reduce file size Click Here.
Ques. When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before the admit card is generated?
Ans. On successfully registering for MHT CET 2019, you are required to upload your recent passport size photograph and signature and the same is displayed on the Acknowledgement Form which will be available after the payment has been made.
Please note that full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application will be summarily rejected.
Ques. When will MHT CET 2019 results be declared?
Ans.MHT CET Results will be declared on or before June 3, 2019.
Ques. How do I convert CGPA to percentage?
Ans. Contact the school authority or junior college authority for the conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage.
Ques. I am an NRI Candidate aspiring for engineering admission. Can I appear for MHT CET 2019?
Ans. No. The Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National are exempted from appearing for MHT CET 2019. They shall register for Admission purpose during Document Verification stage of Centralised Admission Process, as per the schedule to be declared by the Competent Authority.
Ques. I am a ST Category candidate student of Madhya Pradesh state. Can I avail the benefit of ST Category?
Ans. No. The reservation will be given to the Backward Class Candidates of Maharashtra State only.
Ques. I belong to OBC Category of Maharashtra State and have the caste certificate but due to high income of my parents, I shall not get the Non Creamy layer (NCL) certificate. Will I get the benefit of OBC Category?
Ans. No. To avail the benefit of reservation under OBC category, it is must produce NCL certificate valid up to March 31, 2019 during Document Verification stage of CAP, otherwise they will be treated as General Category candidates.
Ques. I am a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, should I appear for CET for admissions to first year engineering course?
Ans. No. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission without MHTCET. Please refer MHT CET Eligibility for more information.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the Examination?
Ans. The exam will be conducted through Online (Computer Based Test) mode. For more details on MHT CET Exam Pattern, click here.
Ques. What is the scheme of negative marking?
Ans. There is no provision for negative marking.
Ques. Do I have to report to any CET office for Online MHT CET registration?
Ans. No. Online Registration can be done from any place of convenience (including from home) using the internet.
Ques. Do I require any documents to get registered online?
Ans. No. You will only be required to fill the information in the online application form such as Date of Birth, residential address, contact details like mobile no., email id, bank details, Aadhaar Number.
Ques. I am appearing for class 12 examination in Mumbai, how do I know if the District of College falls under Mumbai (11) or Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ans. If your School / Jr. College is situated anywhere between Colaba and Mahim or Colaba and Sion, then select Mumbai (11) and if it is beyond Sion and Mahim, then select Mumbai Suburban (12).
Ques. Am I allowed to edit/make changes to the data filled during MHT CET online registration?
Ans. Yes, you will be prompted to verify the data entered by you after you click "NEXT" on the MHT CET registration form. You can view your complete data and should you want to make any changes, click on "BACK" button on the screen to make changes. Once you have submitted the data online, you may choose to "EDIT" the information.
If you find that the data is correct, click "Upload Photograph & Signature". Please note that no change in the three name fields (Candidate's Name, Father's / Husband's First Name, Last Name), Date of Birth, Email and Mobile No. is possible.
Once you have submitted the data, 'Edit Profile' link will appear after you login to the website using your unique application no. and password.
Ques. I have made an error in filling my name/father's / husband's first name / last name/mother's first name/date of birth. What should I do?
Ans. The corrections can be made by sending a letter to the competent authority, MHT-CET, Mumbai. This letter should be submitted before the declaration of results and should be accompanied by SSC mark-sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College