MHT CET (DTE MAHARASHTRA) 2018 PATTERN & SYLLABUS
STATE LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2018: The Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra declares the MHT CET exam pattern. The questions in entrance exam are based on syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Approximately 20% weightage will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
|MHT CET Sample Papers||MHT CET Syllabus||MHT CET Cut off||MHT CET Rank Predictor|
MHT CET consists of 3 papers (Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and Biology) with 50 MCQs each. There shall be no negative marking on marking an incorrect answer. Read the following article to know more about MHT CET exam pattern such as mode of examination, language medium, types of questions, marking scheme and preparation books.
|Conducting Body||DTE, Maharashtra|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen Paper Based)|
|Medium of Examination||English, Marathi, Urdu|
|Number of Papers||3 (Physics/Chemistry, Zoology/Botany and Mathematics)|
|Time Duration of Exam||1 hour and 30 minutes for each paper|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions|
Paper 1: 50
Paper 2 & 3: 100
The questions are based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. MHT CET holds 3 Papers- Paper1 (Mathematics), Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry) and Paper 3 (Biology).
MHT CET 2018, being a common entrance test, the examination has been divided into three papers.
Provided below is the distribution of subjects, questions, duration and marks in various papers:
Candidates applying for a particular course are required to appear for a specified set of papers:
Note: Exam will be conducted at all the district headquarters in the State of Maharashtra.
MHT-CET will consist of 3 question papers of MCQ and each paper will be of 100 marks. Only the difference varies in per mark question in the 3 papers. In Paper 1 (Mathematics), each question carries 2 marks. While each MCQ in Paper 2&3 carries 1 mark. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Check the marking scheme for each paper in table below:
|Paper||Subjects||No. of MCQs||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
MHT CET 2018 is composed of syllabus from Class XI and Class XII textbooks of Maharashtra board. Listed below are some preparation books for MHT CET exam:
|Chemistry||Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET||Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar||8193264746|
|Physics||MHT CET Physics (Marvel)||AJ Bapat||8193264754|
|Mathematics||Marvel MHT-CET Mathematics||Hemant G. Ainapure||8193264738|
|Biology||Marvel Biology for MHT-CET||K. Shankaran, Devaki Rema Devi||8192993345|
As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in Private Unaided Engineering Institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET. While remaining, 15% seats will be filled/ reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET.
MHT CET is a pen paper based test. Candidates will be provided with OMR answer sheets with each question paper. At the end of each paper, they must hand over the OMR Answer sheet to the invigilator. But they are permitted to take the Question Booklet outside the exam centre.
Following are some instructions to follow while answering on OMR sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
MHT CET Application Form, candidates are required ...