MH CET 2021 Syllabus is furnished every year by the DTE, Maharashtra. The Government of Maharashtra is the authority to oversee the MH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test). It is a state-level admission test for giving passages in engineering & technology, agriculture and pharmacy courses and full-time degree courses in Pharm.D. Candidates can get admission in the offered courses by several government and private colleges of Maharashtra state. Also Read MHT CET Pattern and Syllabus
A sizable Number of aspirants apply every year for this exam and get qualified. In this article, candidates can review the complete MHT CET Syllabus 2021. The exam proposes a smart study plan and extensive practice. Candidates should start with the topics that have the main weightage in the examination. By knowing the weightage of topics you can skillfully plan your strategy to crack the exam. With an in-depth understanding of topics, candidates should also know the exact syllabus so that they won't skip any topic while preparing for the exam.
MHT CET Syllabus 2021
MHT-CET syllabus encompasses all the topics from Class 12 of Maharashtra State Board and a few topics from Class 11 syllabus. There is 20% weightage given to Class 11 topics in the question paper and the remaining 80% weightage is given to Class 12 topics. To get acquainted with the topics, you first need to download the syllabus of the respective subjects. To download you can follow these mentioned steps given below.
How to Download MHT CET 2021 Syllabus?
Here, Candidates can handily find the procedure to download the Syllabus for MHT CET 2021
- Initially, the candidate has to visit the official site of MHT CET.
- Review the website properly and go into the category of an Entrance examination, admission etc and roll for the syllabus.
- Subsequently, click on the syllabus pdf if they have and the file will automatically be downloaded on your gadget.
- Follow this method for website having syllabus PDF, else stay updated with entrancezone.com
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
For MHT-CET 2021 Syllabus, there may be a broad range of topics to be scanned, but most of these topics are from the course prescribed by HSC. Thus relieving the studying element for the candidates, DTE has made sure that there shouldn’t be too much burden on the student when it comes to the practice for the competition. Thus to attain a good rank, the above-prescribed topics can be of great help
|MHT CET 2021: Paper Pattern|
|Paper – 1||Physics & Chemistry||50 Marks each|
|Paper – 2||Biology (Botany & Zoology)||50 Marks each|
|Paper – 3||Mathematics||100 Marks|
The questions will be based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. MHT CET prepares papers for 3 subjects that are Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates applying for a certain course are instructed to appear for a specified set of papers. Provided below is the portion of subjects, questions, duration, and marks in various papers:
- Engineering candidates are instructed to undertake or appear for PCM
- Pharmacy candidate are required to undertake or appear for PCM or PCB
- PCM/PCB are split into 2 Groups/Slots: In Group 1, candidates will get 90 minutes to finish off physics & chemistry. In Group 2, candidates will get 90 minutes to finish Maths/Biology.
|Sl No.||Type of Group||Total Duration (in min)||01 to 90 mins||91 to 180|
|1||(PCM Group)||180||Physics and Chemistry||Mathematics|
|2||(PCB Group)||180||Physics and Chemistry||Biology|
Also Read: MHT CET Paper Analysis
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
|Class XI Syllabus||Class XII Syllabus|
|Trigonometric functions||Mathematical Logic Statements|
|Trigonometric functions of compound Angles||Matrices|
|Factorisation Formulae||Pair of Straight Lines|
|Circle and Conics||Line|
|Sets, Relations, and Functions||Conics|
|Sequences and Series||Vectors|
|Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Linear Programming Problems|
|Applications of Derivative|
|Applications of Definite Integral|
|Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution|
The MHT-CET syllabus comprises all the topics from Class 12 of Maharashtra State Board and a few topics from Class 11 syllabus. As we know there is 20% weightage provided to Class 11 topics while preparing the question paper and the remaining 80% weightage is given to Class 12 topics. So, students must go through the syllabus of 11th class and 12th class. To ensure that no topic is left while preparing for MHT-CET, do consider this data given below.
MHT CET Class 11 Syllabus
The topics comprised from Class 11 are tabulated below;
|Mathematics||Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization formulae, Straight line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and Series.|
MHT CET Class 12 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Mathematical Logic, Matrices, Trigonometric functions, Pair of straight lines, Circle, Conics, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry, Line, Plane, Linear programming problems, Continuity, Differentiation, Application of derivative, Integration, Applications of definite integral, Differential equation, Statistics, Probability distribution, Bernoulli trials and Binomial distribution.|
Weightage of topics in MHT CET Mathematics
To attain marks in a particular subject, one must be well acquainted with the weightage given to each topic. Some students work hard enough in all topics but couldn’t accomplish the desired marks. One must learn to filter out those topics that hold high weightage and must give adequate attention to them.
|Three Dimensional Geometry||8|
|Applications of Derivatives||5|
|Bernoulli Trials And Binomial Distribution||4|
|Pair Of Straight Lines||3|
|Linear Programming Problem||3|
|Applications of Definite Integrals||3|
MHT CET Marking Scheme For Mathematics
Marking scheme would enable you to know how to undertake your paper.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks per question||Total marks||Duration in minutes|
|Class 11||Class 12|
MHT CET 2021 Mock Test – Highlights
- Mock tests are usually published on the official website. MHT CET 2021 Mock Test is presently available and is 180 minutes long comprising Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections.
- The objective of giving these mock tests is to assist candidates to get adequate practice and prepare productively for the examination.
- These examinations are the replica of the MHTCET and students will get a reasonable idea of what the actual exam will look and feel like.
|URL Of mock test||http://cetcell.mahacet.org/|
|Duration of mock test||180 minutes|
|Login Credentials||No login credentials required|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
Tips For Cracking MHT CET Mathematics
- Mathematics is based on computations and derivations, so you need to work on calculations.
- Emphasise more on topics like Conic Section along with ellipse, hyperbola, parabola, and rectangular parabola, Trigonometry, Vectors, 3D and Integral Calculus to get good marks.
- Remember you will not be permitted to take any calculator in the exam hall.
- Decipher all the questions manually while preparing. This helps you to enhance your speed.
- Remark formulas on one page and try revising those again and again
- Memorize gimmicks, math’s short-cuts, memory methods, to solve papers in a simple and efficient manner
General Tips On How To Crack MHT CET 2021
- To crack this exam, one must infer the referred books and study material.
- Allot sufficient time to every segment. A candidate must distribute time wisely to all the subjects in advance to stay away from any last-minute chaos.
- Go through MHT CET Previous year Papers to check your preparation level. Unravel Sample Papers as much as possible. Working out previous year’s papers provides you with a better idea about the exam and time management.
- No need to encompass the complete syllabus. One may decide to study precise topics. But it should be made sure that everything about such chosen topics should be known.
- Remember assembling your notes as you cover topics.
- Do not exercise questions in rough space. The candidate might need to see the explanations at the time of revision.
- Revision is one of the most crucial steps of the preparation process (around 20 days before the examination).
- Pay more heed to self-made notes during revision and crack time-bound question papers
- Do not make any assumptions in the paper. If possible, try to exclude the choices by minimum calculation/analysis.
- Don't pressurize yourself at the last juncture. Relieve tension for a while before the exam to freshen up before the final day.
- The biggest impediment is FEAR. The best way to outshine is to face fears. Keep practising the topics until it becomes a cakewalk
Preparation Books for MHT CET
MHT CET 2021 will comprise the syllabus from Class XI and Class XII textbooks of Maharashtra board. Summarized below are some rehearsal Books for MHT CET Maths:
- Mathematics for MHT CET (MCQ) by Hemant G. Ainapure (Marvel Publication)
- Pradnya’s Objective Mathematics by C. S. Patil
Online Resources for MHT CET Preparation
Due to the COVID 19 catastrophe, most of the aspirants who are comfortable only with classroom coaching are discovering it very hard to find the proper resources for preparation. So for all those candidates, the useful option is online resources which will enable them in going through all the major topics once again during the extended period. Here are some pertinent sites to prepare and augment your preparation for MHT-CET 2021.
- MHT CET Practice Papers at Collegedunia.com – One can download MHT CET practice papers directly from the CollegeDunia website. With the assistance of these practice papers, you can skillfully comprehend the type of questions asked, difficulty level of questions, pattern of the paper, and much more.
- Studmonk – It is an online android application which is specially formulated for candidates who are readying for MHT CET, JEE Main, and NEET. You can download this application for free and prepare for the exam. This app will give you with test series, mock tests, etc which will benefit you to score higher in the exam
- CETPractice – This is also an online application which is beneficial for candidates preparing for engineering and medical entrance exams. This app has last years' papers, sample papers, mock tests, etc. You can download it on your mobile phone and can understand the papers whenever you want. You can also go for a one-time question paper and solve the papers like the real paper to get a reasonable idea about your preparation level.
MHT CET Maths Syllabus FAQs
Ques: What is MHT-CET?
Ans: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET or MHCET) is a state-level test administered by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai for entry to B.Tech/B.E, B.Pharm and Pharm D in the state of Maharashtra.
In the year 2013, the examination was discarded and the admission to Engineering courses was based on JEE Main. However, the examination commenced again in the year 2016. From 2016, the merit list was able to give 50% weightage to Class 12 marks and 50% weightage to MHT-CET score
MHT-CET 2021 examination dates are halted for the time being. The dates of the examinations will be declared openly later.
Ques: Is MHT CET 2021 operated in online mode or offline examinations?
Ans: MHT-CET 2021 is an online examination (computer-based examination)
Ques: What are the subjects in MHT CET 2021?
Ans: MHT-CET 2021 is administered in two groups. The Engineering candidates should undertake subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The Pharmacy aspirants should undertake Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Ques: Who supervises MHT CET 2021?
Ans: MHT CET is supervised by the Director of technical education, Maharashtra.
Ques: Is there any age threshold to apply for MHT CET 2021?
Ans: NO, there are no age bars to apply for MHT CET 2021.
Ques: What is the prototype of the exam for MHT CET 2021?
Ans: The exam is completed in online mode.
Ques: What are the cumulative marks of MHT-CET?
Ans: The total marks allotted in MHT CET are 200.
Ques: What is the period of examination for MHT-CET?
Ans: The exam period of MHT-CET is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Ques: What is the timing of the exam for MHT-CET?
Ans: The exam is executed in two shifts, morning shifts start from 9 am to12pm and evening shifts are from 2 pm to 5 pm.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.