MHT CET is attempted by lakhs of students every year to secure admission in various Undergraduate Engineering, Health Science, and Pharmacy programs into colleges across Maharashtra. The exam requires a smart study plan and plentiful practice. Candidates should start with the topics that have maximum weightage in the examination. By knowing the weightage of topics you can easily plan your strategy to crack the exam. With an in-depth knowledge of topics, candidates should also know the right syllabus so that they won't miss any topic while preparing for the exam. Check MHT CET Syllabus
The candidates preparing for the exam require guidance and preparation tips, toppers' view, important books, syllabus & exam pattern, etc to get oriented towards the right way for the preparation of MHT CET 2021. Here candidates will get acquainted with all such details. MHT CET 2021 is conducted in online mode for admission to B.E/B.Tech courses offered at more than 300 institutes across the state of Maharashtra. Read More
Online Resources for MHT CET Preparation
Due to the COVID 19 crisis, most of the candidates who are comfortable only with classroom coaching are finding it very difficult to find the right resources for preparation. So for all those candidates, the best option is online resources which will help them in going through all the major topics once again during the extended time period.
- MHT CET Practice Papers at Collegedunia.com – You can download MHT CET practice papers directly from the collegedunia website. With the help of these practice papers, you can easily understand the type of questions asked, difficulty level of questions, pattern of the paper, and much more.
- Studmonk – It is an online android application which is specially designed for candidates who are preparing for MHT CET, JEE Main, and NEET. You can download this application for free and prepare for the exam. This app will provide you with test series, mock tests, etc which will help you to score higher in the exam.
- CETPractice – It is also an online application which is helpful for candidates preparing for engineering and medical entrance exams. This app has previous years' papers, sample papers, mock tests, etc. You can download it on your mobile phone and can solve the papers whenever you want. You can also fix one time and solve the papers like the real paper to get a better idea about your preparation level.
- MHT CET exam preparation offline – Another app for all those candidates who are planning to boost their preparation by trying different and new methods. The best feature of all these apps is that you can have 24X7 access and prepare whenever you feel comfortable.
- MHCET Entrance Exam Prep – The app is specially designed for MHT CET aspirants and they can solve as many test papers they want by using this app.
Best Books for MHT CET 2021 Preparation
The reference books play a key role during the preparation of the entrance exam. Moreover, MHT CET is based on the syllabus of Maharashtra state education board, so those textbooks are the ones that must be referred to first. MHT CET is totally based on textbooks, so it's advisable that candidates should practice all the topics from the prescribed syllabus of the textbook at least twice and then jump over to other books.
Once the basic concepts are clear, candidates can shift to competitive and preparation books to solve a variety of questions and get well acquainted with the pattern and type of questions asked. Given below is a list of reference books for MHT CET 2021 –
|Name of Book||Author’s Name|
|MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exam Author: Editorial Compilation:||Arihant Publishers|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT-CET 2021 Mathematics:||MTG Editorial Board|
|Marvel Physics ( Multiple Choice Questions ) for MHT – CET:||Bapat|
|Concepts of Physics – Vol. 1||H.C. Verma|
|Concepts of Physics – Vol. 2||H.C. Verma|
|MHT CET Chemistry||Arihant|
|MHT CET Chemistry (Marvel) For XII Science Author||Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar|
|MHT CET Mathematics (Marvel) For XII Science Author||Hemant G Ainapure|
|Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Biology||Arihant|
Subject Wise Tips To Prepare For MHT CET 2021
Each topic of the syllabus plays a key role in clearing MHT CET. Candidates are advised to prepare subject wise. In the exam, 20% weight will be given to standard XI curriculum and 80% weight will be given to standard XII curriculum while setting the question paper. Try to Follow subject-wise study patterns instead of applying the same studying technique to all subjects.
Physics is a quite typical subject because physics has mathematical calculations and derivation, so it requires more and more practice. Candidates can excel in physics by regular practice and focusing on solving the derivation rather than cramming it. Candidates should go through previous year papers and refer books from NCERT, as they will help in getting the fundamental concepts strong.
- Solving numerical physics questions is a big challenge for students, so regular learning improves calculation skills.
- Keep a check on time while solving a question this helps in better time management during the exam.
Chemistry is the most scoring subject in MHT CET. Students can get good marks with a little hard work in this portion. Mostly, Questions in Chemistry will be asked from the 12th standard level, so to ace the exam you need to master this subject.
- Students have to study all the basic concepts of chemistry, try to understand equations of all molecules and mixtures.
- Numerical part of chemistry is not too difficult so candidates can easily attain very good marks.
Biology is one of the important subjects for MHT CET. So, Candidates need to prepare well for all the concepts of Biology. Biology consists of questions from Zoology and Botany. So, students have to get clear with all the fundamentals of the subject and also use flow charts. Candidates should properly revise topics from zoology and Botany because concepts or wording used in these subjects is difficult and confusing, so constant revision is always helpful.
- Make sure that you are preparing with the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
- Study Zoology and Botany in a regular manner because marks are distributed equally for both.
Mathematics is totally based on calculations and derivations, so you need to work on calculations. Focus more on topics like Conic Section with an ellipse, hyperbola, parabola, and rectangular parabola, Trigonometry, Vectors, 3D and Integral Calculus to get good marks. Remember you will not be allowed to take any calculator in the exam hall. Solve all the questions manually while preparing. This helps you to increase your speed.
- Make a note of formulas on one page and try revising those again and again,
- Learn tricks, math’s short-cuts, memory methods, so as to solve papers in an easy and efficient manner.
Preparation Tips from MHT CET Toppers
|Santosh Das Says, “Make Your Friendship With Good Books”||He appeared for MHT CET 2006. He thanked his coaching classes and the way of teaching that made him clear the entrance. He says, any student can clear the exam by just focusing on the regular lectures. He says, it is good if any candidate follows the best books as their reference and makes those books their best friends.|
|Pranesh Naik Says, “Practice till you become perfect”||He says, google is the best to search all the exam-related updates, mock tests, and other details. At the time when he appeared for MHT CET, there was no craze of the internet but it is a boon nowadays for the aspiring candidates for MHT CET. He shares his experience of how he prepared for MHT CET in 2006.|
|Erika Fernandes Says, “Focus on basics and be quick while solving the answers”||In everyone’s life, there is someone who plays a crucial role. Erika thanks her coaching classes for this achievement. She says, the main target should be on the basics, if they are clear then the battle is half done. She says, studying from websites provides a fair playing ground to everyone. She shares her preparation tips to ace MHT CET 2021.|
General Tips On How To Crack MHT CET 2021
- In order to crack this exam, one must refer to the recommended books and study material.
- Allocate sufficient time to every section. A candidate must divide time wisely to all the subjects in advance so as to stay away from any last-minute confusion.
- Go through MHT CET Previous year Papers to check your preparation level. Solve sample Papers as much as possible. Solving old year’s papers gives you a better idea about attempting paper also time management.
- No need to cover the complete syllabus. One may decide to study exact topics. But it should be made sure that everything about such chosen subjects should be known.
- Keep preparing your personal notes as you cover topics.
- Do not practice questions in rough space. The candidate might need to see the solutions at the time of revision.
- Revision is one of the most important steps of the preparation process (around 20 days before the examination).
- Follow self-made notes during revision and solve time-bound question papers
- Do not make any guesses in the paper. If possible, try to eliminate the choices by minimum calculation/analysis.
- Don't pressurize yourself at the last moment. Relax for a while before the exam to freshen up before the final day.
- The biggest obstacle is FEAR. The best way to excel is to face fears. Keep practising the topics until it becomes a cakewalk.
MHT CET 2021 Preparation Tips FAQs
Ques. Is the difficulty level of MHT CET 2021 more than JEE Main?
Ans. The difficulty level of maths, physics and chemistry in MHT CET will be almost equal to JEE Main; and for the biology paper, the difficulty will be equal to NEET. So all the candidates are required to prepare well in advance. Good preparation and in-depth knowledge of all the subjects will help you in getting a good score.
Ques. Can other entrance exam preparation be utilized to appear in MHT CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, you can merge the preparation of MHT CET 2021 with JEE Main and NEET.
Ques. How much time is required to prepare for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. To practice each and every topic related to MHT CET, you need a good amount of time. Try to solve previous years question papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the paper.
Ques. What are the sections or papers in MHT CET 2021?
Ans. You have to appear for 3 papers in MHT CET. That includes Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Ques. Which is the most scoring section in MHT CET?
Ans. Chemistry is generally the most scoring section in MHT CET. There are no elaborate calculations involved, and if your concepts are clear then you are likely to score well in this section.
Ques. What is the best book to prepare for MHT CET Physics?
Ans. Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma is a very good source for understanding the principle concepts on physics which will be tested in MHT CET.
Ques. Are NCERT books helpful for MHT CET?
Ans. Since the syllabus for MHT CET closely follows the board exam, JEE and NEET syllabi, NCERT will be very helpful in preparing for the exam.
Ques. Are calculators allowed in MHT CET?
Ans. No. Candidates are not allowed to carry calculators to their MHT CET exam centres. Hence, you should practice solving questions without calculators in your preparation time as well.
Ques. What will be MHT CET 2021 exam syllabus weightage?
Ans. Approximately 20% weightage will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting MHT CET question papers. That means you have to give more preparation time to the class 12th syllabus. Read More MHT CET Syllabus
Ques. Which topic in Chemistry has the highest weightage in MHT CET?
Ans. Based on previous years trends, Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics has one of the highest weightages in MHT CET Chemistry.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.