MHT CET Syllabus 2021 has been released by State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell, Maharashtra. MHT CET Syllabus 2021 will not contain the deleted portions of HSC 2021 examination, as confirmed by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. MHT CET syllabus is based on the curriculum of class 11 and 12 of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Check MHT CET Exam Pattern
MHT CET Syllabus consists of chapters and topics from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology as per the subjects selected during the registration. In MHT CET 2021, 20% weightage will be given to standard XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to standard XII curriculum while setting the question paper. The exam will be conducted in two streams of subject viz PCM & PCB. Candidates can choose the stream according to the subjects they have studied during 11th and 12th standards.
MHT CET Syllabus 2021
A detailed syllabus is very helpful for the candidates in preparation. They can outline the exact topics they are required to prepare. MHT CET 2021 syllabus will also help the candidates to figure out the important topics and make sure they do not miss out any topic. MHT CET Syllabus for Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses will be as per the class 11th and 12th syllabus. The chapter on Complex Numbers from Mathematics is no longer part of the MHT CET syllabus.
- The syllabus will include all the topics from class 12th Maths/Physics/Chemistry/Biology.
- The topics from class 11 that are needed to be covered by students are mentioned below:
The difficulty level will be somewhat similar to the JEE Main for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and difficulty level for Biology will be comparative to NEET. The exam consists of 3 papers of 100 marks each and there will be no negative marking. The subject wise syllabus for CET 2021 is mentioned below:
Download MHT CET 2021 Practice Paper
Class XI Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus: Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences, and series.
- Physics Syllabus: Measurements, Scalars, and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism.
- Chemistry Syllabus: Some basic concepts of chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and liquids, Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, Alkanes.
- Biology (Botany) Syllabus: Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.
- Biology (Zoology) Syllabus: Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration.
Class XII Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus: Mathematical Logic, Matrices, Trigonometric functions, Pair of straight lines, Circle, Conics, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry, Line, Plane, Linear programming problems, Continuity, Differentiation, Application of derivative, Integration, Applications of definite integral, Differential equation, Statistics, Probability distribution, Bernoulli trials and Binomial distribution
- Physics Syllabus: Circular motion, Gravitation, Rotational motion, Oscillations, Elasticity, Surface tension, Wave motion, Stationary waves, Kinetic theory, Wave theory, Interference and diffraction, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of electric current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic inductions, Electrons and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Semiconductors, Communication systems.
- Chemistry Syllabus: Solid State, Solutions and colligative properties, Chemical Thermodynamics and energetic, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Halogen derivatives of alkanes (and arenes), Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Biology (Botany) Syllabus: Genetic Basis of Inheritance, Gene: its nature, expression and regulation, Biotechnology: Process and Application, Enhancement in Food Production, Microbes in Human Welfare, Photosynthesis, Respiration, Reproduction in Plants, Organisms and Environment -I.
- Biology (Zoology) Syllabus: Origin and the Evolution of Life, Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance, Genetic Engineering and Genomics, Human Health and Diseases, Animal Husbandry, Circulation, Excretion and osmoregulation, Control and Coordination, Human Reproduction, Organisms and Environment-II
Weightage of Important Topics from MHT CET Syllabus
Based on the papers of previous years a rough idea about the weightage of different sections is provided below. By going through the weightage of different topics you can get an idea of the most and least important topics.
Weightage of Topics from Mathematics Section
|Important Topics||Weightage of Marks|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||8%|
|Applications of Derivatives||5%|
|Bernoulli Trials And Binomial Distribution||4%|
|Pair Of Straight Lines||5%|
|Linear Programming Problems||2%|
|Applications of Definite Integrals||4%|
Weightage of Topics from Physics Section
|Important Topics||Weightage of Marks|
|Kinetic Theory Of Gases And Radiation||12%|
|Atoms, Molecules, And Nuclei||8%|
|Magnetic Effects Of Electric Current||6%|
|Interference And Diffraction||4%|
|Electrons And Photons||3%|
|Wave Theory Of Light||2%|
Weightage of Topics from Chemistry Section
|Important Topics||Weightage of Marks|
|Chemical Thermodynamics And Energetics||15%|
|p-Block Elements – Group 15 To 18||9%|
|d And f Block Elements||8%|
|Alcohols, Phenols, And Ethers||8%|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||8%|
|Solutions And Colligative Properties||6%|
|Halogen Derivatives Of Alkanes And Arenes||5%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids||5%|
|Chemistry In Everyday Life||5%|
Recommended Books MHT CET 2021
MHT CET is based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th of Maharashtra state board of secondary and higher education. Most of the questions are directly asked from the syllabus of Maharashtra state board textbook. A candidate needs to practice at least twice from the textbooks as it will help in the preparation of most of the basic concepts ensuring 100 marks in the exam. Next 100 marks can be achieved by following dedicated competitive books for MHT CET as mentioned below-
Books for Physics
|Objective Physics MHT CET||R.P Biradar S.J Chandele||Pradnya PLPN|
|Physics (MCQ) MHT CET||A.J Rajput||Marvel Publications|
|MHT CET Prep Guide Physics||M.K Dikshit||Arihant Publications|
Books for Chemistry
|MHT CET Chemistry||Navneet||Navneet publication|
|Chemistry (MCQ) MHT CET||Mayur Mehta |
|MHT CET Prep Guide Chemistry||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publications|
Books for Maths
|Mathematics (MCQ) MHT CET||Hemant G. Ainapure||Marvel Publication|
|MHT CET Prep guide Mathematics||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publications|
|Navneet MHT CET Mathematics(Part 1 and 2)||Navneet||Navneet Publications|
Books for Biology
|Objective MHT CET Biology||Nikhil M. Sriwastava||MTG Publication|
|MHT CET prep guide Biology||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
|Biology (MCQ) MHT CET||Dr. K. Shankaran |
Devki Rama devi
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The question paper will be set on the whole syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects of class 11 & 12. To attempt 3 papers you will get 180 minutes in total. In the maths paper, for every correct answer you are awarded 2 marks and in other papers 1 mark will be given for a correct answer.
Know More MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
MHT CET Helpline
In case of any queries, you can contact on the helpline numbers mentioned below:
MHT CET Syllabus 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the weightage of chapters in MHT CET ?
Ans. As the level of difficulty of MHT CET has changed to match that of JEE Main and NEET, so chapter-wise weight cannot be accurately determined for MHT CET 2021. Prepare for the entrance as of the level of JEE Main to secure a good rank. Check List of Participating Colleges in MHT CET
Ques. How much time will I get to attempt 3 papers in MHT CET?
Ans. You will get 180 minutes to attempt 3 papers in MHT CET 2021. The syllabus will be from 11th and 12th standards. The difficulty level of the exam will be high so all the candidates need to prepare well. Once you go through the exam pattern and syllabus it will become very easy for you to prepare for the exam.
Ques. In what ratio should I prepare from class 11th and 12th syllabus for MHT CET 2021?
Ans. 20% weight will be given to standard XI curriculum and 80% weight will be given to standard XII curriculum while setting the question paper. So you can prepare according to this and give more importance to class 12th syllabus. You can merge your preparation for MHT CET 2021 with JEE Main and NEET because the difficulty will be the same as of these exams.
Ques. Can I carry a calculator with me in MHT CET for the Maths Paper?
Ans. No, you cannot carry any electronic device with you for MHT CET. If you are found with any then this may lead to your disqualification from the exam. All the rules and regulations will be written in your Admit Card. Read them carefully and follow them.
Ques. What are the languages in which MHT CET question papers are written?
Ans. MHT CET question papers are available in 3 languages, ie: are English, Marathi and Urdu.
Ques. Which topic in mathematics has the highest weightage in MHT CET?
Ans. Based on previous years trends, Calculus (with an emphasis on integration) has one of the highest weightages in MHT CET Mathematics.
Ques. Which topic in Physics has the highest weightage in MHT CET?
Ans. Based on previous years trends, Kinetic Theory of Gasses and Radiation has one of the highest weightages in MHT CET Physics.
Ques. Which topic in Chemistry has the highest weightage in MHT CET?
Ans. Based on previous years trends, Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics has one of the highest weightages in MHT CET Chemistry.
Ques. What are the best books to refer to while preparing for MHT CET?
Ans. MHT CET prep guides by Arihant experts are a very good source to help candidates prepare for each subject in MHT CET 2021.
Ques. What will be the marking scheme of questions in MHT CET?
Ans. MHT CET 2021 marking scheme is as follows. 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer in the mathematics paper and 1 mark in other papers. There is no negative marking in any of the papers. You have to attempt 3 papers in 180 minute each and each paper will have 50 questions.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.