MPSC Recruitment 2019: Eligibility, Registration, Posts and Pattern
Maharashtra Public Services Commission (MPSC) is a conducting body of various recruitment exams in the state of Maharashtra. It acts as a recruitment portal wherein the jobs are offered in various departments of the state government. Check MPSC Upcoming Jobs Notifications
Latest- Last day to Apply for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-Gazetted, Group-B Preliminary Examination 2019 has been extended till January 31,2019.
The Commission is responsible for conducting the exams for the following posts:
- MPSC Subordinate Services Non-Gazetted, Group-B Exam 2019 (Ongoing – Apply Now)
- State Service Prelims Exam 2019 (Ongoing – Apply Now)
- MPSC Maharashtra Forest Service Mains Exam 2018 (Closed)
- MPSC Maharashtra Group C Service – Tax Asst. (Closed)
- MPSC Asst. Director (Closed)
- MPSC Maharashtra Subordinate Services – ASO (Closed)
- MPSC Maharashtra Agricultural Services (Closed)
- MPSC State Services (Ongoing – Check Interview Schedule)
- MPSC Maharashtra Group C Services (Closed)
MPSC Recruitment 2019 is generally held in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. For some posts, candidates may have to appear for a Physical Test as well.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 #Facts
- Exam Name: Maharashtra Public Services Commission 2019 exam
- MPSC Official website: mpsc.gov.in/1035/Home
- Conducting Body: Maharashtra Public Services Commission
- Periodicity: Annual
- Mode of Application: Online
- Application Fee: Online or Offline
- Basic Eligibility: a graduation degree or a Diploma in a relevant principle
- Mode of Exam: Offline
Read about MPSC Recruitment in Hindi
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Exam Dates
Given below is the updates schedule for all the posts offered by Maharashtra state government:
|Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-Gazetted, Group-B – CheckNotification||January 1, 2019||March 24, 2019||Combined Paper I: July 28, 2019|
|PSI Paper II: August 4, 2019|
|STI Paper II: August 11, 2019|
|ASO Paper II: August 24, 2019|
|Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Asst Commissioner of Police||December 31, 2019||February 17, 2019||July 13 – 15, 2019|
|Assistant Forest Guard/ Forestryman||January 8, 2019||Concluded||Concluded|
|Clerk-Typist, Sub Inspector, Tax Assistant||January 16, 2019||June 20, 2018||Group C Services Main (Combined Paper I): October 14, 2018|
|Clerk – Typist Main Exam (Paper II): October 21, 2018|
|Sub Inspector Main Exam (Paper II): November 4, 2018|
|Tax Assistant Main Exam (Paper II): December 2, 2018|
|MPSC Assistant Director||September 18, 2019||Concluded||Concluded|
|Maharashtra Subordinate Services||December 21, 2018||Maharashtra Subordinate Services: August 26, 2018|
|Police Sub Inspector, Group-B: September 2, 2018|
|State Tax Inspector, Group-B: October 20, 2018|
|Assistant Section Officer, Group-B: October 27, 2018|
|MPSC Maharashtra Agricultural Services||November 30, 2018||September 8, 2018|
|MPSC State Services||December 18, 2018|
Written Exam: August 18 – 20, 2018
|Interview: January 2 – 22, 2019|
MPSC 2019 Post-wise Vacancy
For this year, given below is the bifurcation of seats as per the posts:
MPSC Subordinate Services Non-Gazetted, Group-B
|Post Name||Seat Matrix||Age Limit|
|Police Sub Inspector (PSI) - Group B||496||19 to 31 years|
|Assistant Section Officer (ASO)- Group-B||24||18 to 38 years|
|State Tax Inspector (STI)- Group-B||35||18 to 38 years|
Check Official Notification
State Services Post
The posts under this category are Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Assistant Commissioner of Police & Other vacancies.
|Post Name||Seat Matrix||Age Limit|
|Deputy Collector, Group-A||40||Minimum Age: 19 years|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Asst Commissioner of Police, Group-A||31|
|Assistant Director, Maharashtra Finance and Accounts Service, Group-A||16|
|Industry Deputy Director, Technical, Group-A||2|
|Deputy Education Officer, Maharashtra Education Services, Group-A||25|
|Assistant Regional Transport Officer, Group-A||3||Maximum Age: 38 years|
|Room Officer, Group-A||16|
|Assistant Group Development, Group-B||11|
|Industry Officer, Technical, Group-A||5||Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.|
|Naib Tehsildar, Group-B||113|
Check Official Notification
Other Posts offered via MPSC
- MPSC Maharashtra Forest Service Mains Exam 2018 – Check Official Notification
- MPSC Maharashtra Group C Service – Tax Asst – Check Official Notification
- MPSC Asst. Director – Check Official Notification
- MPSC Maharashtra Subordinate Services – ASO – Check Official Notification
- MPSC Maharashtra Agricultural Services – Check Official Notification
- MPSC State Services – Check Official Notification
- MPSC Maharashtra Group C Services – Check Official Notification
MPSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The standards are defined by the commission who conducts MPSC Recruitment exam. Participants should make sure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility norms for the various posts before applying for respective posts. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- An individual must be the citizen of India to be eligible for MPSC 2019.
- Only those applicants who are domiciled permanently in Maharashtra state can avail reservation benefits
- The lower age limit is set at 18 years of age and the upper age limit prescribed for the test is 33 years for the General category as on March 1, 2019.
- Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved categories as per government norms. It is given as follows
|Category||Upper age relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD||Maximum age limit is 45 years|
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institution.
- Those who have a recognized diploma of minimum 3 years duration in any stream can also apply for MPSC 2019.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form can be submitted by individuals interested to pursue the various posts by the online mode only. The application process will begin soon after the advertisements for the respective posts are published.
Participants have to provide basic details like personal information and academic qualifications in the application form. MPSC online registration and application process consists of 4 steps which are given below:
- Registration by entering general information to create user’s login account.
- Fill MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form and upload required documents.
- Payment of application fee via online or offline mode, as mentioned.
- Selection of exam center
How to fill MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of MPSC i.e. mpsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘New user registration’ to start the online registration process.
- Participants must provide basic details about themselves like their name, mobile number, email ID, date of birth and they will also have to choose a password. Carefully verify these details and click on ‘Create User’.
- The applicant registration confirmation page will be displayed upon successful registration.
- Note down the user name and password chosen during registration for completing further steps
Step 2: Filling of MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Individuals must use their User Name and Password to login to their accounts.
- Aspirants should then enter their personal, communication, educational and work experience details.
- Next, they will have to upload scanned images of their recent passport- size photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the table below:
|Photograph||4.5 x 3.5 cm||50 KB|
|Signature||4.5 x 3.5 cm||50 KB|
- After all the necessary fields have been filled, individuals can see the preview of their application form. Verify all the details and click on ‘Save
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The next step is to pay MPSC Recruitment 2019 application fee.
- Fees can be rendered through online mode (Debit/ Credit card, Net banking) and also by offline mode (e-Challan and Maha e- Seva kendra).
- Preserve the copy of receipt of transaction
Step 4: Selection of Exam Center
- Candidates should login to their user accounts and select the option of ‘Competitive exam’.
- Click on the tab ‘Select Center’.
- Choose the exam center from the drop-down list and submit it. This completes the application process
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card
The admit card/ hall tickets for each recruitment exam will be released a week prior to the exam. These hall tickets should be downloaded within stipulated time. The document acts as a gateway to the examination hall. Steps to download MPSC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of MPSC.
- Enter your User name, Password and security code and click on ‘Login’.
- Select the link given for admit card and it will appear in a new window.
- Go through all the details carefully and take 2 print outs of it
MPSC Recruitment Exam Pattern
MPSC Recruitment 2019 will be conducted in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. A physical test will also be required for some posts. Here are some highlights about MPSC 2019 exam pattern:
- MPSC Recruitment 2019 Prelim exam will comprise 2 papers- General Studies and CSAT
- The tests will have objective type questions available in both English and Marathi language.
- Applicants who qualify the prelims exam will advance to the mains stage which will be a descriptive test.
- The mains stage will be of descriptive nature and consist of General Studies paper, Optional subjects, Essay and Language.
- Those who qualify the mains exam will have to appear for the personal interview round
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Stages of exam||3 (Prelims, Mains and Interview)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Prelims) and Descriptive (Mains|
MPSC Recruitment Syllabus
The syllabus for MPSC 2019 will cover a multitude of topics. The detailed syllabus will be mentioned in the official notification of the commission. The important topics for the Prelims exam are given below
|General Studies||Current events, History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement, Maharashtra, India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.|
|Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, Economic and Social Development|
|General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change, General Science.|
|Interpersonal and communication skills|
|Logical reasoning and analytical ability.|
|Decision – making and problem – solving.|
|General mental ability and Basic quantitative aptitude|
Other Recruitment Exams
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Result
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Result will be declared on the official website in the form of scorecards. The scorecard will contain the scores obtained in the different papers and total score. The results of the MPSC can be checked after each stage by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official MPSC website.
- Click on the suitable result link.
- Applicants will have to enter their Application/ Roll Number to view their result.
- The score card will appear which should be saved. Take a print out of this soft copy.
The commission will also publish the provisional answer key before declaring the results. Candidates can use this key to estimate their rough score. After the results are announced, the shortlisted aspirants must appear for the mains exam.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Selection Process
MPSC Recruitment 2019 is a 3 tier exam similar to UPSC. Individuals will have to go through the prelims, mains and interview round in order to get recruited. The whole process is explained briefly below:
- Prelims exam: This is the first stage of the state service examination. Applicants will have to appear for 2 objective type papers held in a single session. Those who clear the cut off will be selected for the next exam.
- Mains exam: In this stage, candidates will have to appear for various descriptive type papers. This will also include the optional subjects chosen by them. The marks obtained in this stage will be used for drawing out a merit list for the interview round.
- Physical Test: This stage is mandatory for only some posts and will be conducted after the mains exam.
- Interview: This is the final stage of the exam wherein applicants have to appear before a panel and answer questions about themselves and on the subjects test through the entire exam process
MPSC Recruitment FAQs
Q. I have a Bsc degree in Botany. Am I eligible for the exam?
A. Yes. Applicants who have a bachelor’s degree/ master’s degree or a diploma (of minimum 3 years duration) in any stream and from a recognized university/ institution are eligible for MPSC 2019
Q. What are the things you need before applying for the exam?
A. Candidates should have a valid email ID, mobile number and scanned images of recent passport- size photograph and signature before applying for the exam. It is advisable to fill the application forms on updated internet browsers and ensure there is good network connectivity so as to apply in a hassle free manner
Q. Can I appear for only General studies paper in prelims exam?
A. No. Individuals have to appear for each paper in the prelims and mains exam so as to be eligible for the next stage of the state service examination. They can however choose the optional subject in the mains exam as per their specialization
Q. Is age relaxation criteria applicable for ex-servicemen?
A. Yes. Aspirants who fall under this category will also be able to avail age relaxation provided they fulfill all the eligibility terms as decided by the state commission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College