MPSC Recruitment 2019: Eligibility, Application Form, Admit Card & Pattern
Maharashtra Public Services Commission (MPSC) is the conducting body for various recruitment exams of Maharashtra state. It is a portal for recruiting candidates to various posts offered by the departments of the state government.
MPSC is responsible for conducting State Service Exam, Maharashtra Engineering Exam, Forest Service Exam and Agriculture Service Exam. MPSC Recruitment 2019 notification will soon be available on the official website i.e. mpsc.gov.in. Individuals should have a graduation degree or Diploma in relevant principle to fulfill the minimum eligibility norms.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 is generally held in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Aspirants may also have to appear for a Physical Test for some posts. The application process for MPSC 2019 will be conducted through the online mode. The state service examination will be held in the offline mode.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Public Services Commission 2019 exam|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra Public Services Commission|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have a Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in relevant discipline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule proposed for MPSC 2019 is given below. The important dates regarding admission process will be available on the official website of the commission and will be updated here soon
|MPSC Sales Tax Inspector||April 2019||July 2019||January 2019|
|MPSC State Service Examination||December 2018||April 8, 2019||August 18 to August 20, 2019|
|MPSC Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector||February 2019||May 20, 2019||September 9, 2019|
|MPSC Clerk Typist||February 2019||May 2019||September 2019|
|MPSC Civil Judge (Junior Division) & Judicial Magistrate (First class)||February 2019||May 2019||October 2019|
|MPSC Tax Assistant||April 2019||August 2019||December 2019|
|MPSC Police Sub-Inspector (SI) Departmental examination||January 2019||March 2019||June 2019|
|Maharashtra Engineering Services Preliminary Examination||April 2019||July 2019||Mechanical: November 17, 2019 Electrical: November 24, 2019 Civil: November 25, 2019 Electrical/ Mechanical: December 15, 2019|
|Maharashtra Duyyam Seva Sanyukt Purva Pariksha||January 2019||May 6, 2019||Police Sub-Inspector: September 2, 2019 Rajya Nireekshak: September 30, 2019 Asst. Room Officer: October 6, 2019|
|Maharashtra Agriculture Service Examination||February 2019||May 13, 2019||September 8, 2019|
|MPSC Forest Services Examination||March 2019||June 24, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|Maharashtra Education Service Group B Administration Branch Limited Divisional Competitive exam||May 2019||-----||August 4, 2019|
|Asst. Room Officer Limited Departmental Competitive exam||May 2019||-----||August 25, 2019|
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for MPSC Recruitment 2019 is as set up by the conducting commission. Participants should make sure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility norms for the various posts before applying for respective posts. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- An individual must be the citizen of India to be eligible for MPSC 2019.
- Only those applicants who are domiciled permanently in Maharashtra state can avail reservation benefits
- The lower age limit is set at 18 years of age and the upper age limit prescribed for the test is 33 years for the General category as on March 1, 2019.
- Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved categories as per government norms. It is given as follows
|Category||Upper age relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD||Maximum age limit is 45 years|
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institution.
- Those who have a recognized diploma of minimum 3 years duration in any stream can also apply for MPSC 2019
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form can be submitted by individuals interested to pursue the various posts by the online mode only. The application process will begin soon after the advertisements for the respective posts are published.
Participants have to provide basic details like personal information and academic qualifications in the application form. MPSC online registration and application process consists of 4 steps which are given below:
- Registration by entering general information to create user’s login account.
- Fill MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form and upload required documents.
- Payment of application fee via online or offline mode, as mentioned.
- Selection of exam center
How to fill MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of MPSC i.e. mpsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘New user registration’ to start the online registration process.
- Participants must provide basic details about themselves like their name, mobile number, email ID, date of birth and they will also have to choose a password. Carefully verify these details and click on ‘Create User’.
- The applicant registration confirmation page will be displayed upon successful registration.
- Note down the user name and password chosen during registration for completing further steps
Step 2: Filling of MPSC Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Individuals must use their User Name and Password to login to their accounts.
- Aspirants should then enter their personal, communication, educational and work experience details.
- Next, they will have to upload scanned images of their recent passport- size photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the table below:
|Photograph||4.5 x 3.5 cm||50 KB|
|Signature||4.5 x 3.5 cm||50 KB|
- After all the necessary fields have been filled, individuals can see the preview of their application form. Verify all the details and click on ‘Save
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The next step is to pay MPSC Recruitment 2019 application fee.
- Fees can be rendered through online mode (Debit/ Credit card, Net banking) and also by offline mode (e-Challan and Maha e- Seva kendra).
- Preserve the copy of receipt of transaction
Step 4: Selection of Exam Center
- Candidates should login to their user accounts and select the option of ‘Competitive exam’.
- Click on the tab ‘Select Center’.
- Choose the exam center from the drop-down list and submit it. This completes the application process
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card will be available a week prior to the exam. These hall tickets should be downloaded within stipulated time. Every individual must have a copy of the hall ticket so as to be able to appear for the exam. Steps to download MPSC Recruitment 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of MPSC.
- Enter your User name, Password and security code and click on ‘Login’.
- Select the link given for admit card and it will appear in a new window.
- Go through all the details carefully and take 2 print outs of it
NOTE: MPSC Recruitment 2019 will be conducted in all districts of Maharashtra. Test takers will have to exercise their preference of the exam city in the application form. The final exam center allotted to candidates will be specified in their admit cards.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Exam Pattern
MPSC Recruitment 2019 will be conducted in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. A physical test will also be required for some posts. Here are some highlights about MPSC 2019 exam pattern:
- MPSC Recruitment 2019 Prelim exam will comprise 2 papers- General Studies and CSAT
- The tests will have objective type questions available in both English and Marathi language.
- Applicants who qualify the prelims exam will advance to the mains stage which will be a descriptive test.
- The mains stage will be of descriptive nature and consist of General Studies paper, Optional subjects, Essay and Language.
- Those who qualify the mains exam will have to appear for the personal interview round
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Stages of exam||3 (Prelims, Mains and Interview)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Prelims) and Descriptive (Mains|
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for MPSC 2019 will cover a multitude of topics. The detailed syllabus will be mentioned in the official notification of the commission. The important topics for the Prelims exam are given below
|General Studies||Current events, History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement, Maharashtra, India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.|
|Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, Economic and Social Development|
|General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change, General Science.|
|Interpersonal and communication skills|
|Logical reasoning and analytical ability.|
|Decision – making and problem – solving.|
|General mental ability and Basic quantitative aptitude|
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Result
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Result will be declared on the official website in the form of scorecards. The scorecard will contain the scores obtained in the different papers and total score. The results of the MPSC can be checked after each stage by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official MPSC website.
- Click on the suitable result link.
- Applicants will have to enter their Application/ Roll Number to view their result.
- The score card will appear which should be saved. Take a print out of this soft copy.
The commission will also publish the provisional answer key before declaring the results. Candidates can use this key to estimate their rough score. After the results are announced, the shortlisted aspirants must appear for the mains exam.
MPSC Recruitment 2019 Selection Process
MPSC Recruitment 2019 is a 3 tier exam similar to UPSC. Individuals will have to go through the prelims, mains and interview round in order to get recruited. The whole process is explained briefly below:
- Prelims exam: This is the first stage of the state service examination. Applicants will have to appear for 2 objective type papers held in a single session. Those who clear the cut off will be selected for the next exam.
- Mains exam: In this stage, candidates will have to appear for various descriptive type papers. This will also include the optional subjects chosen by them. The marks obtained in this stage will be used for drawing out a merit list for the interview round.
- Physical Test: This stage is mandatory for only some posts and will be conducted after the mains exam.
- Interview: This is the final stage of the exam wherein applicants have to appear before a panel and answer questions about themselves and on the subjects test through the entire exam process
Q. I have a Bsc degree in Botany. Am I eligible for the exam?
A. Yes. Applicants who have a bachelor’s degree/ master’s degree or a diploma (of minimum 3 years duration) in any stream and from a recognized university/ institution are eligible for MPSC 2019
Q. What are the things you need before applying for the exam?
A. Candidates should have a valid email ID, mobile number and scanned images of recent passport- size photograph and signature before applying for the exam. It is advisable to fill the application forms on updated internet browsers and ensure there is good network connectivity so as to apply in a hassle free manner
Q. Can I appear for only General studies paper in prelims exam?
A. No. Individuals have to appear for each paper in the prelims and mains exam so as to be eligible for the next stage of the state service examination. They can however choose the optional subject in the mains exam as per their specialization
Q. Is age relaxation criteria applicable for ex-servicemen?
A. Yes. Aspirants who fall under this category will also be able to avail age relaxation provided they fulfill all the eligibility terms as decided by the state commission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College