NATA 2019 Exam Center needs to be mentioned by a candidate at the time of NATA 2019 Registration. The application form of NATA 2019 will open around the third week of January in online mode. COA has scheduled the architecture entrance exam on April 29, 2019. Candidates are required to take prior appointment for NATA 2019 Exam Center to appear for NATA.
To appear for NATA 2019, candidates are required to select appropriate region while filling the NATA 2019 Application Form. And any activated center in that region will be randomly allotted to the candidate. It is advisable to carefully go through the list of NATA 2019 Regions and Test Centers before filling the application form.
NATA 2019 Exam Centres
The NATA 2019 Exam Centres are located in multiple cities across the country. The NATA Exam 2019 will be held across 69 states in more than 100 centers. The state-wise centers are as follows:
|NATA 2019 Exam State||NATA 2019 Exam Centres|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Gaya, Muzaffarpur & Patna|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh & Mohali|
|Delhi||Delhi/ New Delhi|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Surat|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Haryana||Faridabad, Gurgaon, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Hubli, Mangalore|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthpuram, Kozhikode, Ernakulam|
|Maharasthra||Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nasik |
|Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Bhopal|
|Odissha||Balasore, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Agra, Allahabad, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Siliguri|
- The candidates opting for Dubai center as their first choice of Exam city, needs to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- Dubai may be dropped as an exam city in case of inadequate number (less than 300) of candidates.
- Candidates allotted to exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, will be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 7000 per candidate prior to issuance of Admit Card.
- The mode of payment of aforesaid additional fee would be notified in due course. Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice of exam city.
NATA 2019 Exam Center Instructions
The candidates are required to follow all the necessary instructions while appearing for the test. The general instructions to be followed at the NATA 2019 exam center are:
- The candidates are required to report at the NATA exam centre at least 30 minutes before the start of the test.
- They should immediately be seated at the allotted seats. If a candidate do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the Examination Hall. No candidate will be allowed in examination hall after 15 minutes of commencement of test.
- Candidates must carry all the necessary documents for identification with them, failing which, they shall not be allowed to sit for the test. Under such circumstances, when a candidate is not allowed to take the test, the NATA exam fee will not be refunded.
- The candidates will not be allowed to change their names under any circumstances. In case of marriage or divorce, the candidates should present the primary identification certificate of the name indicated in the application form. Marriage certificates and divorce decrees are not acceptable as a proof of change of name.
- If in case the NATA 2019 Exam Centre-in-charge requires an additional proof of identification, the candidate must present it to him/her. Even if after presenting the additional proof the in-charge is not convinced, then the candidate will not be allowed to take the test and will forfeit the test fee.
- The in-charge at the Test centre for NATA 2019 will verify the identification proof before allotting seats to the candidates. The administrator will check the candidate’s photo identification. This would be done before and after all the breaks.
- If the candidate is allowed to enter the NATA 2019 Exam center, it does not mean that the form of identification is valid or that the candidate’s score will be reported. The cases in which the identification is questionable will be then reviewed and approved by the Competent Authority.
Acceptable NATA Primary Identification Documents
Candidates appearing for the NATA Exam are required to carry few documents at test center of NATA. The conducting authorities have guidelines already set for documents which are considered valid for primary acceptance at the NATA 2019 Exam Center. The list of approved identification documents is mentioned below:
- Downloaded Admit Card of NATA 2019.
- A copy of the photograph, same as the one uploaded.
- A government issued identification document that has not expired. The document should be presented in original. The document can be passport, permanent driver’s license, state ID cards, national identification or UID card etc.
- Class 12th exam admit card with photograph and signature is mandatory for candidates who are awaiting the 12th class result. The admit card must be presented in original.
- The other identification certificate which is acceptable is the student ID card issued by the institute where the candidate is currently enrolled in and a confirmation letter of identification issued by the institute. Both these identification documents must be in original and not a copy of them.
Acceptable NATA Supplemental Identification Documents
The supplemental identification document would be required only when the candidate’s primary identification is missing a photograph or signature. The following identity cards can then be presented as a proof of identification in addition to the primary identification document.
- Any identity card which is issued by government, which has not expired which can include passport, driver’s license, state ID card, national identification etc.
- A letter of confirmation of identification from the candidate’s educational institution.
- The confirmation letter issued must necessarily contain the candidate’s date of birth, a recent passport size photograph, the candidate’s signature and the date of issue.
NOTE: The confirmation letter must be typed on the original letterhead of the educational institute the candidate has attended and the signature of the school official. The school seal must overlap the photograph of the candidate and the letter of identification thus issued will be valid only for a year from the date of issue.
Unacceptable Identification Documents
There are a few identification certificates or documents which are not accepted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. These following documents are considered unacceptable and thus cannot be used for identification purposes.
- An expired identity card.
- Credit/Debit card of any kind.
- Learner’s driving license or any temporary identification document.
- Notary-prepared letter or document.
- Employee identification card.
- Photocopies whether attested or unattested of the acceptable identification documents.
Things to Carry at NATA 2019 Exam Center
The exam conducting authorities have issued a list of items to be brought to the NATA 2019 Exam Centre. The following things are required during the examination.
- Official identification document from the acceptable identification documents list.
- Downloaded Admit Card of NATA 2019
- One copy of photograph, same as the one uploaded;
- The NATA 2019 Appointment Voucher is a document issued to the candidate after the registration process is complete. It is a document which has the following information on it:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s test date
- Time of test
- NATA Test centre
- Candidate ID
- Appointment number
- Exam key
- Three to four sharpened 2B and HB pencils and eraser. The pencils and erasers will not be provided at the exam center. No mechanical pencils are allowed.
- Black / Blue Ball Point Pen, pencil, eraser, colour pencils (Not water/oil colour or crayon)
- Set of colours. The colours used by candidates can be Water/Poster colours, crayons or pastels). These colours should be brought along with proper instruments like brush, colour tray etc.
- Geometry instrument box
- Candidates are advised to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board on which nothing should be written, so that they have no difficulty in filling responses in the Answer Sheet even if the tables provided in the examination room/hall do have smooth surface
NATA 2019 Exam Center Procedures & Regulations
The candidates are required to undergo the following NATA 2019 Test Centres procedures during the conduct of the exam.
- The candidates should be dressed properly to adapt to any room temperature.
- The friends or relatives of the candidates who have accompanied them will not be allowed to wait inside the test center premises and neither will be allowed to have any contact with them.
- Visitors are not allowed entry inside the test center. Only personnel authorized by Council of Architecture would be allowed entry inside the premises.
- The candidates have to undergo a procedure for identification which involves thumb printing, iris scan, photographing, videotaping, or other form of electronic ID confirmation. This verification process is in addition to the presenting of the identification documents. All the applicants must follow these guidelines.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The test center and invigilators are not liable for the loss of any of the personal articles.
- The candidates are required to be seated only in spaces allotted to them by the test coordinator.
- In case any candidate reaches late to the exam center, they will not be allowed any extra time.
- When the candidate has reported to the exam center and his/her identity is successfully verified, they are required to log on to the computer system and request the test.
- After this, the invigilator will hand over a question paper consisting of two questions - free hand drawing and memory sketch, will be generated and printed for the candidate. The answer sheet will have a preprinted barcode and then the candidate will be led to the testing room.
- Paper of any kind, other than officially distributed, is not permitted inside the examination hall.
- The candidates must always seek permission to leave the exam hall and any loss of time will not be made up.
- The supervisor will be the official timekeeper and the candidates are not allowed to continue the test beyond the permissible time limit. Carrying watch alarms and clocks on mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
- Once the exam time is over, the candidates will be required to hand over the answer sheet and the question paper to the supervisor.
- The candidate will attempt the question on the drawing paper supplied by the test center, on the side where barcode is printed. The reverse side of the paper will contain the Appointment number, Candidate ID and test center stamp with supervisor's signature.
- The candidates will receive rough paper from the supervisor and no other paper can be used during the test by the candidate. It would be used for working out problems and for appropriate note taking during timed sections of the test.
- Candidate must raise his / her hand for permission if they need to leave their seat at any point of the exam. The timing of the section is not allowed to stop under any situation.
- Candidates have to raise their hands in case they face any problem with their computer systems or if they require the attention of the administrator for any reason.
- All the NATA 2019 test centres are under electronic surveillance and video recording.
- The candidates will be offered an optional 10 minute break after the Drawing section and the break would not be extended under any circumstance.
- Candidates shall maintain silence during the examination. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the examination hall shall be deemed as misdemeanour. If a candidate is found adopting unfair means, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a period according to the nature of offence
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College