Table of Contents
Nagaland Board Results(Announced): Toppers, Marking Scheme, Revaluation, Exam Pattern
Nagaland Board Latest Updates
July 27, 2020:Question bank and old question paper released on Nagaland Board website. Click here to download
July 10, 2020:Nagaland Board released the notification for results of scrutiny and revaluation. Check Here
May 30, 2020:Nagaland board result for senior and higher secondary exam released. Check here
Nagaland Board of School Education declared the results for class 10th and 12th board examination results online on Saturday, May 30, 2020. Candidates can access their results by visiting the official website at nbsenagaland.com. Students will be required to visit their official website and submit their roll number along with other details as asked to access their result. As per the official notification, the original mark sheet will be collected by the concerned Centre Superintendent from June 5, 2020. While obtaining their original mark sheets, candidates will be required to produce their admit card. In case of any disparity, candidates must report to the authorities for rectification within 30 days after the Result Gazette publication.
For the academic year, 2019-2020 HSLC was held from 14 February to 26 February 2020, and this year, the Nagaland Class 12 (HSSLC) final exams commenced from 13 February and concluded on 4th March 2020.
Nagaland Board Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||Nagaland Board Senior and Higher Secondary Exam|
|Conducting Body||Nagaland Board School Education(NBSE)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Result||Declared(May 30, 2020)|
How to Check Nagaland Board Result 2020
All the results are available on the official website of Nagaland Board. Candidates can check and download the results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website i.e. nbsenagaland.com
- On the homepage, there will be a link available to check the NBSE HSSLC result 2020.
- Click on the link
- Submit your credentials and then log in.
- Your results will appear on the screen. You can download and take a print out of your result for future reference.
How to Check Result through SMS
If you wish to get your result on your phone number, then there is a provision for such students. The results can also be accessed by sending SMS. For class 10(HSLC) results, you need to type NB10<space>ROLL NUMBER and send it to 56070. The result in the SMS will contain the sectional and overall marks as well as the overall percentage.
Nagaland Board 10th Result 2020
This year a total of 30,677 candidates qualified for the Nagaland HSLC examination. Out of which, 2,140 candidates are from Government schools, 12, 857 students appeared from private schools, and 15,680 were repeaters. The Nagaland Board HSLC has released a list of toppers of HSLC Examination 2020 on the official website of the board. The board has published the result gazette in a pdf form where the candidates can find toppers name, roll number, and school name they belong from. Along with that, there is also a mention of the students acquiring the highest marks in different subjects and toppers from best performing districts.
Nagaland Board Class 10 Toppers
- Abhi Chakraborty from Holy Cross Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur emerged as the topper of class 10 examination 2020. He secured 98.33% (590 marks)
- Palak Baid from Don Bosco Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur has secured 97.17% (583 marks)
- Imlibenla Jamir from Fernwood School, Kohima has secured 96.67% (580 marks)
- Angelin Joy from Holy Cross Hr.Sec.School,Dimapur has secured 96.17% (577 marks)
- Azizi Phesao from The Vineyard School, Kohima has secured 96.00% (576 marks)
- Kakoli Adak from Mezhür Hr.Sec.School, Kohima
- Carne A. Raja from Holy Cross Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur and
- Hrithik Kumar Gupta from St.Mary's Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur have secured 95.83% (575 marks)
- Shubhanshu Jaiswal From Ram Janaki Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur and
- Mhankabemo Z Ovung from Don Bosco Hr.Sec.School, Wokha have secured 95.67% ( 574 marks)
- Chubasenla Walling from Fernwood School, Kohima
- Sneha Paul from St.Mary's Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur
- Taliwala Imchen from St.Paul Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur and
- Ngamjong JN Yanlem from Christina Memorial Hr.Sec.School,Aoyimti, Dimapur have secured 95.33% (572 marks)
- Ketoukhrie-II Yashii from Bethel Hr.Sec.School, Kohima
- Jitsarho Nyuthe from Don Bosco Hr.Sec.School, Kohima and
- Sumit Sahu from Saramati View Modern School, Kiphire have secured 95.17% (571 marks)
- Jamnaj Akhtar from M.G.M.Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur has secured 95.17% ( 571 marks)
Nagaland Board HSSLC Result 2020
The Nagaland Board has also declared HSSLC Result 2020 on 30th May 2020. The provisional result of class 12 students was published on the official website. Candidates who appeared for the NBSE HSSLC exam 2020 can check the results of the same. Under the given circumstances, NBSE has announced that there are two options available for the students to access their results. Class 12 students of NBSE Board will get to know their results from visiting the official website i.e. www.nbsenagaland.com or via SMS. To access their Board result for Class 12 through SMS, students will have to send a message to 56070 typing NB 12Roll Number.
Nagaland Board 12th Result 2020
This year a total of 11,389 candidates from the government, private schools, and repeaters have successfully passed the NBSE HSSLC 2020 examination. 71.87% (8335)candidates from Arts Stream, 75.47% (1009) students from Commerce Stream, and 80.99% (2045) from Science Stream cleared their examination. The Nagaland board has published the result gazette in a pdf form where the candidates can find toppers name, roll number, and school name. Along with that, there is also a mention of the students acquiring the highest marks in different subjects, awards for the toppers, and toppers from best performing districts.
Nagaland HSSLC Topper 2020:
- ICHHA UPADHYAY has successfully secured the 1st position obtaining 98.80% (494 marks) from Commerce stream, Christian Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur
- ANUSHKA BHATTACHARJEE has secured 95.20% (476 marks) from Science Stream, Pranab Vidyapith Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur
- RENUKA DEBNATH has secured 94.80% (474 marks)from Commerce Stream, Pranab Vidyapith Hr.Sec.School, Dimapur.
Nagaland Board Exam Pattern
The Nagaland Board of Secondary Education conducts HSLC examination for Class X during February every year. The learning program for the students of class 10 consists of the regular mode of teaching and interaction through imparting lessons in person. The HSLC examination consists of 8 papers and 18 subjects. Candidates appearing for the exam can choose their official language, English, or any other Indian language as the medium for appearing in that examination. There are internal assessments that carry important marks and shall be evaluated according to CCE (Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation)
A certain amount of marks have also been allotted for attendance, which happens to be one of the many mandatory conditions. A diligent approach, regular practice, along with proper follow-up of academics, can lead one to achieve an excellent percentage.
Subjects of Study
According to the NBSE HSLC exam pattern, the exam consists of 5 compulsory subjects, 1 sixth subject, and 1 internally assessed subject.
- Language I - English
- Language II - For Second Language, students can choose any one of the subjects among the following- Bengali, Hindi, Ao, Lotha, Sumi, Alternative English, and Tenyidie.
- Social Sciences
For the additional sixth subject, the candidate has to choose any one subject among Home Science, Book-keeping & Accountancy, Foundation of Information Technology (FIT), Environmental Education, and Music.
Internally Assessed subjects
There are two subjects
- Work & Art Education
- Physical & Health Education (including Adolescence Education)
to study for the students of class X.
NBSE HSLC Marking Scheme
- English(Language I) paper consists of 4 sections. Unit I for Literature (25 marks), Unit II for Reading (20 marks), Unit III for Writing (20 marks), Unit IV for Grammar (15 marks). Total marks 80. Students will be given 3 hours. Another 20 marks are allotted for Internal Assessment. Students will be given marks on the basis of Listening & Speaking (10 marks) and Assignments and Formal Testing(10 marks)
- For Second Language, the paper consists of Section A for Reading (10 marks), Section B for Writing (10 marks), Section C for Grammar (20 marks), Section D for Literature (20 marks). Total marks 80 with 3 hours timing. There is also Internal 20 Marks, for Conversation skills ( 10 marks), Assignments( 5 marks) and Formal testing (5marks).
- Mathematics consists of Unit I for Number System (02 marks), Unit II for Algebra (20 marks), Unit III for Trigonometry (12 marks), Unit IV for Coordinate Geometry (06 marks), Unit V for Geometry (16 marks), Unit VI for Mensuration (12 marks), Unit VII for Statistics & Probability (12 marks). Time allotment 3 hours for 80 marks. For Internal assessment, there are also 20 marks for Practical (10 marks), Project Work ( 5 marks) and Formal Testing (5 marks)
- Science paper includes Unit I for Materials (25 marks), Unit II for Energy (24 marks), Unit III for Living World (20 marks), Unit IV for Natural resources (05 marks), Unit V for Our Environment (06 marks). A total of 3 hours will be given for 80 marks. For Internal assessment, there are also 20 marks for Experiments/Activities (10 marks) Records (5 marks) and Formal Test (5 marks)
- Social Sciences consists of Unit I for India and Contemporary World (18 marks), Unit II for Indian Resources (18 marks), Unit III for Democratic Politics (18 marks), Unit IV for Understanding an Economy (16 marks), Unit V for Nagaland Geography & G.K (10 marks). Students will be given 3 hours for 80 marks. For Internal assessment, there is also 20 marks for Activities (10 marks) Assignment( 5 marks) and Formal Testing( 5 marks)
- Additional subjects consist of 70 marks for theory with 3 hours timing and 30 marks for Internal assessment.
- For the internally assessed subjects such as Work & Art Education and Physical & Health Education, the total number shall be evaluated through CCE by the schools. There will be two papers, 100 marks each. The scores in letter grades of these subjects shall have to be communicated by the schools to the Board.
Nagaland Board Revaluation
Students who have appeared for the Nagaland Board both HSLC & HSSLC Examinations 2020 and are not satisfied with their results can opt for revaluation and re-checking. They are permitted with the scrutiny of the answer sheet in any subject or subjects. Students need to abide by the following process if they wish to apply for the evaluation(detailed information is available on the official website). Last date to apply for revaluation is June 30, 2020. Application after 30th June will not be entertained. Candidates will be required to submit 500.00 INR for each subject as a fee for filing the rescrutiny and re-checking applications. Marksheet, mark sheet-cum-pass certificate, the scanned copies of the payment receipt, admit card, and the phone number of the candidate, along with the application should be mailed at the above mail address.
- Scrutiny results shall be declared on the official website within 40 (forty) days after the announcement of the result.
- Scrutiny results will be sent to all registered institutions by the Board.
- The scrutiny results will not be notified individually. Applicants are advised to keep an eye on the main website regularly.
- Corrigendum, along with an addendum of the provisional result gazette, will also be published along with the rescrutiny results.
- Rescrutiny result for HSLC and HSSLC Examinations 2020 is now available on the Board's website(www.nbsenagaland.com)
- The results procured after completing the rescrutiny and revaluation will be revamped in the original mark sheet of the candidate.
Nagaland Board Compartmental Examination 2020
Candidates who failed in one or two papers in the board exam can apply for a supplementary exam. The application forms for the class 10 compartmental exam will be available on the official website. According to the schedule followed in the previous year, the supplementary examination for class 10 took place either in May or June. The NBSE Board always publishes the supplementary examination results in a pdf format on its official website. In a recent notification, NBSE has announced that the provision of operating the HSLC Compartmental Examination 2020 will be kept open. However, keeping in mind the situation of arising out of COVID-19 pandemic, the details for conducting the supplementary examination will be given later. All the concerned students and Heads of institutions are requested to note this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. When will the result be announced for Nagaland board class 10 examination?
Ques. What is the minimum mark to pass in the class 12 exam?
Ques. I failed in one subject but my overall mark is 40%. Should I appear for a supplementary exam?
Ques. What is the date for supplementary examination?
Ques. How can I apply for revaluation?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College