UPSC will release NDA Result 2018 (II) in November at its website (www.upsc.gov.in). The scores will be released in a pdf format. The Commission will publish the results in 2 stages: Written Exam Result and Final Result.
Last year, NDA Cut off was 258 out of 900 in NDA II and 342 in NDA I, with 25% in each subject. Candidates meeting the cut off can proceed to SSB interview for admission to Army, Navy, and Air Force wings. It will be a 5-days long procedure which includes two stages of testing: Stage I & Stage II. CheckNDA Selection Process
- After SSB round, the authority will publish final results stating the names of candidates selected in NDA II 2018.
- Unmarried Male candidates who are not born before January 2, 1999 and not after January 1, 2002 can apply at upsc.gov.in. Check NDA Eligibility
- SSB Interview screens the candidates for the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA for 142nd course and 104th of NA Course.
- The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
- National Defence Academy: 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 44
NDA Result Date 2018
|Event||NDA (1) 2018||NDA (2) 2018|
|Written Examination Date||April 22, 2018||September 9, 2018|
|Written Examination Result Date||July 2018||October 2018|
|Interview Call Letter and allotment of SSB Centers Dates||September/October 2018||July 2019|
|Final Merit List Declaration Date||To be notified||To be notified|
Check detailedNDA 2018 Exam Dates
NDA 2019 Dates
NDA I Exam Date: April 21, 2019 | NDA II Exam Date: November 17, 2019
Components of NDA Result 2018
UPSC will announce the result for NDA II exam 2018 in the following stages:
- Publication of NDA- II Written Examination Result: UPSC will prepare the list of candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as decided by the Commission. Roll number of candidates will be mentioned in the result sheets who have qualified for SSB Interview.
- Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview: The candidate will have to undergo five-day interview procedure at the allotted SSB centers. The date, time and venue for SSB interview will be intimated to the candidates through the call letter. ReadSSB Interview Process in Hindi
- Medical Screening: Once the interview is complete, the candidates will be sent to for the complete medical examination at the command hospitals.
- Final Merit List: The marks obtained in the three stages viz. written examination, SSB Interview, and Medical Screening will be considered while preparing the final NDA Result 2018 which is expected to be declared by UPSC in the month of February 2018.
Know about SSB Interview for NDA Selection
How to Check NDA 2018 Result?
NDA Result 2018 will be declared in October 2018 as per the official notification. It will be displayed in the .pdf format on the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in. Take the printout of the result and keep it safe for further use. Result for NDA 2018 written test and Selection process (SSB) shall be declared separately.
Steps to Check NDA Result
- Visit the official link of UPSC,
- Click on the Result tab
- Search for the link provided for “NDA exam 2018 result/cut-off public merit list”.
- Click on the link, a pdf file will open
- Press Ctrl+ F and type in your roll number or name.
Important Points Regarding NDA 2018 Result
- All the candidates whose roll number is listed in the result file are provisionally considered as selected. Their candidature can be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment process for violation of rules.
- At the SSB interview, the candidates are required to submit their original certificates of age, educational qualification, and categorical reservation claim.
- Detailed marks would be made available on the UPSC’s website within 15 days of the announcement of the final results after the SSB Interviews.
Details on NDA 2018 Score Card
Candidates need to view NDA Score Card 2018 via online mode. No result copies will be sent through post. The merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the score in the written test. Check all the details carefully after downloading the NDA Rank Card. The document will consist of the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- NDA 2018 Exam Score
CheckNDA Counselling Process
NDA 2018 Answer Key
UPSC will release the answer key of NDA after the declaration of final result. This will help the candidates to check the correct answers of the questions asked from the subject and also to predict the scores they will get in the actual exam.
How to Download NDA 2018 Answer Key?
NDA 2018 Answer Key will be provided in a .pdf file. Candidates can download the .pdf file through the procedure given below:
- Click on the links given below for all sets.
- The file will open in a new window.
- Download the NDA Answer Key 2018 and save the file.
Candidates can check the Answer Key by clicking on the links given below their respective sets.
CheckNDA II Results Answer Keys, Analysis and Question Papers
Calculation of Score
The procedure to calculate the score based on the marking scheme of the exam is given below:
- For each correct answer in General Ability Test (GAT), 4 marks will be awarded.
- For each correct answer Mathematics, 2.5 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
Calculation of marks as per sections
|Sections||Calculation of score|
|GAT||Total number of correct answers (x 4)– Total number of incorrect answers (x 0.33)|
|Mathematics||Total number of correct answers (x 2.5) Total number of incorrect answers (x 0.33)|
Calculation of score through NDA Mathematics Answer Key
Candidates after verifying the correct and incorrect answers can calculate their estimated score of the exam. The procedure to calculate the score is given below.
|Total number of questions in Mathematics||120|
|Marks allotted per questions||2.5|
|Negative marks for incorrect answer||0.33|
|Total marks||(Number of correct answers x 2.5) – (Number of incorrect answers x 0.33)|
For example in Mathematics:
If the candidate attempts 90 questions and 20 are incorrect according to the formula:
Candidate will score: (90*2.5) – (20*0.33) = 218.4
NDA Merit List 2018
The final merit list will be disclosed based on the total marks scored by the candidates in written examination and Service Selection Board (SSB) Test in three separate lists:
- Army and the Navy
- Air Force
- Executive course at the Naval Academy
Three separate merit lists will be formed and disclosed comprising the name of the candidates who have qualified for various services of NDA 2018.
NDA Cutoff 2018
Candidates need to secure minimum marks to pass the written test and be eligible for next round of selection procedure i.e. SSB interview. NDA Cut off 2018 will be declared by examination authority Union Public Service Commission after the declaration of final result.
Applicability of NDA Cut off
NDA cutoff will be applied in the following stages:
- Minimum Qualifying Standard approved at the written stage (out of 900 marks)
- Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (out of 1800 marks)
NDA Cut off will depend on the following factors:
- Number of vacancies
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- Level of difficulty
- The level of competition
NDA (I) Expected Cut off 2018
|Serial No||Subjects||Expected Cutoff marks||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Ability Test||370-410||600|
Previous Years’ Cut-Off for NDA (I):
|Year||NDA-1 (Max Marks:900)|
- Candidates will have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in objective type exam to qualify the SSB Interview
- SSB test is the final level of the selection process for admission to the various defence academies
- The Mathematics Paper which is Paper-I will carry 300 marks
- The General Ability Test which is Paper-II will carry 600 marks
- Minimum Qualifying marks will be fixed by the Commission
SSB Interview for NDA Selection
The SSB Interview for NDA selection will be carried out in five days including Interview, Group Tasks, Psychology Test, Conference and lastly medical test.
- After the declaration of NDA Result 2018, shortlisted candidates have to register themselves on joinindianarmy.nic.in to proceed to SSB Interview for final selection in NDA.
- During SSB Interview, candidates have to appear for Psychological Test and Intelligence Test.
- Those who clear SSB Interview have to appear for the medical examination.
- Further, document verification will take place post which, a list of finally selected candidates will be out on the official website of UPSC.
NDA and Naval Academy Exam (II) 2017 Final Result
UPSC has released the final result on May 9 at UPSC website. The exam was held on September 10, 2017. Of all the participants, only 447 candidates have qualified the exam. The interviews will be held by SSB in July 2018.
- The medical exam result has not been taken into consideration for preparing the merit list.
- The marks of the qualified candidates will be available on the website after 15 days.
- The candidature of all the candidates is provisional, subject to their submitting the requisite certificates in support of date of birth and educational qualifications etc. claimed by them.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College