NEET PG 2021 Counselling will be conducted by MCC for 15% AIQ seats for which the registration will start tentatively in the month of June 2021 at the official website i.e. mcc.nic.in. For admission in state quota 50% seats candidates will be required to apply at the website of the respective states. Aspirants who will qualify for NEET PG cut off percentile will be called for NEET PG 2021 counselling.
NEET PG Latest updates:
- April 22 : Counselling will be conducted online after the exams been held.
- April 15 : NEET PG Exam has been postponed untill further notice in view of the rising Covid-19 cases.
- Feb 23 : Registration date for NEET PG is from Feb 23, 2021 till March 15, 2021.
NEET PG 2021 counselling will have two rounds, seats left vacant after the first round of counselling will be filled in the second round. The third round will be conducted only if any seats are left vacant after the conclusion of the second round. Around 6,102 colleges and 649 hospitals will participate in NEET PG counselling. Candidates can also NEET PG 2021 Rank & College predictor to get an idea about the colleges in which they can get admission based on their score. Predict Here
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Highlights
|NEET PG Counselling Conducting Body||MCC on behalf of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)|
|Participating Institutes||Around 6,102 colleges and 649 hospitals|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Date
NEET PG 2021 counseling for 50% All India Quota & Deemed + Central University will be conducted online.
1st round of counselling
|1st Week of June 2021|
2nd round of counselling
4th Week of June 2021
3rd round of counselling
2nd week of July 2021
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Eligibility
To participate in NEET PG 2021 counseling, candidates must score more than or equal to the qualifying cut off provided by the MCC. The qualifying cu tt off for this year will be released along with the NEET PG 2021 result. Applicants should refer to the NEET PG Qualifying Percentile mentioned in the table below.
Cut off percentile
Types of NEET PG counselling 2021
|Type of counselling||Counselling Conducting Body||Participating institutes|
|AIQ MCC NEET PG 2021 counselling||DGHS, MCC||50% AIQ seats in government institutions, central universities, deemed universities, ESIC and AFMS institutes|
|State quota NEET PG 2021 counselling||State government||50% state quota seats in government colleges|
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Process
As mentioned above, the counseling of NEET PG 2021 will be conducted online. The procedure begins with online registrations and concludes with the reporting of all documents to the institute. The entire process of NEET PG counseling 2021 is illustrated below.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates interested in participating in the counseling of NEET PG 2021 must register themselves on the official website of the MCC.
- New registrations shall be approved before each round.
- owever, candidates who have registered for NEET PG counseling 2021 do not need to register for the second time.
Step 2: Registration fee
- In order to participate in the counseling of NEET PG 2021, the applicant must pay the registration fee.
- The registration fee for NEET PG 2021 counseling is required to be paid online via net banking, credit card, or debit card.
NEET PG 2021 counseling fee
|Category||Non-Refundable Fee (in INR)||Refundable Fee (in INR)|
|For 50% AIQ/Central Universities||General||1,000||25,000|
|For Deemed Universities||All categories||5,000||2,00,000|
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Applicants now have to choose the preferred course and colleges from the MCC list.
- Candidates can have as many choices as they want to. The options will be shown on the left side of the screen and will move to the right side of the page once selected. Candidates can add or remove them from the list.
- Candidates are advised to review the choices made before sending them. They must also hold a copy of the choices made for future use.
Step 4: Seat allotment list
- MCC releases NEET PG seat allotment result in the pDF format.
- The seats are allocated on the basis of the choices to be filled by the candidates and all India ranks.
- Candidates with their names in the list can download their seat allocation letter by logging into the registered account on the official website.
Step 5: Reporting to the institute
- Applicants who will be given a seat in the NEET PG 2021 counseling will have to report to the allocated institute.
- They must carry all of their certificates in their original form along with a self-tested copy.
- Birth certificate
- Marksheets of MBBS & Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Permanent/provisional registration certificate issued by MCI/ SMC
- Valid ID proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-creamy layer Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET PG Admit Card
- NEET PG 2021 Scorecard
NEET PG 2021 Seat Matrix
The seat matrix of NEET PG 2021 will show the number of seats available for each particular course. The matrix also determines the number of seats available for a given group of candidates. By referring to the NEET PG seat matrix 2021 before filling out the options in the preference form, candidates will be helped to decide the chances of having the desired specialty with their score.
NEET PG 2021 Seat Allotment
Seats are allotted as per the availability of seats in the colleges and on the basis of merit list. Students having a better rank will be given preference over the candidates having a lower rank. Following is the explanation of basic counselling of seats:
- All India 50% Quota Seats: Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India conducts the counselling for All India 50% Quota seats using the result of NEET PG 2021.
- State Quota Seats: The concerned States / designated authority / University conducts the counselling for admission to state quota seats as per the students score in the examination.
- Admission into Private medical colleges/Deemed University: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities are conducted by the designated counselling authority of these Private Colleges/ Institutions/ Institutes/ Universities/ Deemed Universities
- Admission into Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions is conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, and Government of India.
NEET PG Counselling for DNB Seats
- DNB CET examination had been scrapped therefore for admission in post MBBS DNB speciality courses will be done based on the performance of a candidate in NEET PG.
- The counselling will be conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Candidates need to register on the official website of NBE to apply for NEET PG counselling for admission in DNB courses.
Admissions to PG Courses at AFMS Institutions
Admission to the under mentioned Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) training institutes is open to eligible candidates:
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Army Hospital (Research & Referral), Delhi Cantt, (Delhi)
- INHS Asvini (Mumbai)
- Command Hospital Air Force (Bangalore)
- Command Hospital Eastern Command (Kolkata)
- Command Hospital Western Command (Chandimandir)
- Command Hospital Central Command (Lucknow)
- Institute of Aerospace Medicine (Bengaluru)
The candidates shall be considered for admission to the abovementioned AFMS institutions under the following categories, in the following order of priority:
- Priority-I (Serving Officers of the AFMS)
- Priority-II (Government Sponsored Candidates from Friendly Foreign Countries)
- Priority-III (Para Military/other Govt. of India sponsored candidates)
- Priority-IV (Ex-Short Service Commission Officers of AFMS)
- Priority-V (Civilian); Will have bond liability to serve AFMS
NEET PG 2021 State Counselling
- Admission in 50% State Quota seats will be conducted by respective state authorities.
- Admission in 100% seats in private colleges will also be done by the respective states.
- Every state will release there own application forms of NEET PG 2021 counselling or registration process.
- Respective states will release NEET PG merit list for the eligible candidates based on their cut off, academic qualification, and other criteria.
- During the time of registration, candidates will have to fill their choices for colleges and courses based on their preference.
- NEET PG 2021 state rank, reservation criteria, and other factors will be considered while allotting seats in MD, MS, and PG diploma programs.
Rajasthan State NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Postgraduate Medical Admission/Counselling Board and SMS Medical College, Jaipur will release the revised schedule for Rajasthan NEET PG Counselling 2021 once the exam is conducted and results are out.
|Choice filling and locking||To Be Announced|
|Seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Announcement of result round one||To Be Announced|
|Reporting at the college||To Be Announced|
- The counseling will be conducted for admission to around 977 MD and 469 MS seats offered by 19 medical colleges of the state under 50% state quota seats.
- While the remaining 50% of seats from government medical colleges will be granted under All India Quota (AIQ) seats offered by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
Karnataka (PGET) State NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Karnataka NEET PG (PGET) counseling 2021 will be released once the results are out. Candidates who have successfully qualified NEET PG 2021 examination and are willing to participate in the counseling for the 50% state quota seats of Karnataka can go through the table of the important dates below:
|Application form and brochure were released||To Be Announced|
|Last date to fill the application form||To Be Announced|
|Online verification of documents (Uploading||To Be Announced|
|Seat matrix will be released by KEA||To Be Announced|
|List of eligible candidates and those with deficient documentation will be released||To Be Announced|
|Option to upload deficient documents (if needed)||To Be Announced|
|Choice filling and locking||To Be Announced|
|2nd Round of Allotment result||To Be Announced|
|Payment of Course fee and Downloading of Allotment Letter||To Be Announced|
|Last day of Reporting to Institute||To Be Announced|
|Mop up Round Counselling and Caution Deposit||To Be Announced|
|Mop up Round Result||To Be Announced|
Gujarat State NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Selection of the candidates will be based on NEET PG 2021 merit list. Candidates can check the important schedule for Gujarat state PG medical Admission 2021 and related events from the table below.
|Mock Round & 1st Round||Dates|
|Choice Filling For Mock Round||To Be Announced|
|Result of Mock Round||To Be Announced|
|1st Round Final Choice Filling||To Be Announced|
|Display of Choices filled by candidates||To Be Announced|
|Display of Seat Allotment||To Be Announced|
|Payment of Fees at designated Axis Bank||To Be Announced|
|Reporting at Help Center & admitted college||To Be Announced|
Kerala state NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Kerala state NEET PG 2021 counseling Mop-Up Round Registration is expected to start from July 2021. Those candidates who qualified NEET PG 2021 can check their details in merit list and can apply for choice filling by July 2021(tentative) . Following is the schedule mentioned for the same
|First Phase Option Registration Begins||To Be Announced|
|First Phase Option Registration Ends On||To Be Announced|
|Publication of Provisional Rank List||To Be Announced|
|First Phase Allotment||To Be Announced|
|1st round of counseling||To Be Announced|
|Last date of joining||To Be Announced|
|Counselling Round-2 List releasing date||To Be Announced|
|Reporting to the Allotted institute||To Be Announced|
|Mop up Round Registration||To Be Announced|
|Mop up Round Seat Allotment Result||To Be Announced|
|Mop up Round Fee Payment and Reporting to institute||To Be Announced|
Maharastra state NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Maharastra state NEET PG 2021 counseling is expected to be released in May 2021. Given below is the list of important dates for Maharastra State NEET PG counseling
|First-round seat allotment result||To Be Announced|
|Confirmation/up-gradation/cancellation of admissions||To Be Announced|
|Last date for course fee Payment||To Be Announced|
|Last date for submitting the status retention form||To Be Announced|
NEET PG Important Instructions
- There will be three rounds of counselling for Deemed and Central Universities followed by one Final Mop Up round at the Institution Level for stray vacancies.
- Andhra Pradesh & Telangana students are also eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
- Candidates, those not registered in Round 1 only they can register for Round 2.
- If candidates apply for both AIQ and for Deemed University, they have to pay only the higher fee i.e. of Deemed University INR 5000.
- In case, a seat is allotted during the Round 1, candidates are required to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities then the only candidate can exercise an option to participate in next round (2nd Round).
- If there is discrepancy in spelling in documents candidate must carry proof that the documents belong to the same person, in form of an affidavit/undertaking.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling FAQS
Ques. I have difficulty in creating password for NEET PG Counselling online window, what may be the problem(s)?
Ans. The password that you wish to create should be in accordance with the password policy of NBE. Candidates are advised to use the internet browser suggested in the user manual. Next, the candidates must ensure that the password is minimum eight characters and has the following: a special character, a number and alphabet(s) in caps.
Ques. Where will the counselling of NEET PG be conducted?
Ans. The counselling of NEET PG 2021 is an online process. Thus, candidates need not go anywhere for the counselling process. However, candidates do need to report to the institute allocated to them for confirmation of their admission.
Ques. How can I get print out of my choices which system has locked during NEET PG Cousnelling?
Ans. Candidates can take a print out of the choices filled by them by clicking on “Print Lock Choice” available on the left hand side of the page. This option will available to the candidates after the specified time of last date of choice locking.
Ques. If I opt to participate in second round of counselling will the seat allocated to me in the first round be cancelled?
Ans. If you are allotted a seat in the second round of NEET PG counselling, the seat allocated to you in the first round will be cancelled. In this case, you will not have the option to retain the earlier seat. However, if you are not allocated a seat in the second round you will retain earlier allocated seat.
Ques. Whether upgradation is allowed from round 2 of counselling of Deemed/ Central Universities to mop up round?
Ans. No, upgradation will not be allowed once a candidate accepts the seat allotted in round 2 and joins the institute.
Ques. I have registered for round 1 of NEET PG counselling. Should I register again for round 2/mop up round?
Ans. No, online registration for NEET PG is a one-time process. Only those candidates who have not registered themselves during round 1 need to register for round 2/mop-up round.
Ques: Is NEET PG counselling 2021 conducted online?
Ans: Yes, the counselling of NEET PG is conducted in online mode.
Ques: Is Aadhar card mandatory for NEET PG 2021?
Ans: According to the guidelines set by NBE for NEET PG 2021. it is mandatory for candidates to have Aadhar cards.
Ques: What is the withheld NEET PG results?
Ans: NBE will withheld NEET PG 2021 result for such aspirants whose MBBS mark sheets and other documents will not be submitted by the last date. These candidates have to send these certificates/documents to the authority.
Ques: Will NEET PG counselling be conducted in offline mode? Do I have to report at the venue for counselling?
Ans: No, the entire counselling of NEET PG 2021 will be carried in online mode. Candidates will only be required to report at the venue for document verification purposes.
Ques: How many choices can I fill in NEET PG counselling 2021?
Ans: Candidates can fill number of colleges as well as courses while filling the choices of NEET PG counselling 2021.
Ques: If a candidate is not allotted in second round, will his/her seat in first round will be cancelled?
Ans: The seats allotted in round one will not be cancelled. If a candidate will not be allotted seat in second round of NEET PG counselling 2021, their seat in round one will be considered.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.