DGHS, the counselling conducting body of NEET PG 2018 on behalf of MCC, has released the revised provisional result of NEET PG 2018 Counselling Round 1 on March 29, 2018. Candidates can also download their revised seat allotment letters of NEET PG 2018. The link to download the revised provisional counselling result of NEET PG Round 1 has been made available here.
- For any query/issues related to Provisional Result, candidates can send their mail to email@example.com within 2 hours of publication of results.
- The last date of reporting to the allotted colleges has also been extended to April 5 from the previous date of April 3. Check NEET PG Revised Counselling Dates
Latest Updates –
Changes in NEET PG Counselling 2018
- MCC has introduced some changes in the counselling process of NEET PG 2018. The candidates will be required to register again if they are participating in the second round of counselling. Last year, registration before the second round of counselling was not necessary.
- NEET PG 2018 first seat allotment list has been retracted by MCC.
NEET PG 2018 Counselling for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses:
MCC will conduct NEET PG 2018 counselling for mainly three major group of seats:
- 50% All India Quota seats
- Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)
- Deemed and Central Universities
NEET PG Counselling Highlights
|Seat Allotment Process – Round 1||March 27, 2018|
|Seat Allotment Process – Round 2||April 11, 2018|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Conducting Authority||MCC on behalf of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)|
NEET PG 2018 Counselling Date – Revised
Candidates can check here the Revised schedule of NEET PG Counselling 2018:
|Exam Date||January 7, 2018|
|Result Date||January 23, 2018|
|NEET PG Rank Card||February 15, 2018|
|NEET PG All India Merit List||February 16, 2018|
|NEET PG AIQ Scorecard||February 26, 2018|
|Registration for AIQ Counselling of NEET PG 2018 (Round 1) ||March 17 - March 26, 2018|
|Exercising of Choices (Choice filling) and Locking – Round 1||March 19 - March 26, 2018|
|Seat Allotment Process – Round 1||March 27, 2018|
|NEET PG Counselling Result – Round 1(CANCELLED)||March 28, 2018|
|Revised NEET PG Counselling Result – Round 1||March 29, 2018|
|Reporting at the allocated medical college after the first round||March 29 to April 5, 2018 (extended from April 3)|
|Registration for AIQ Counselling of NEET PG 2018 (Round 2)||April 9 - April 10, 2018|
|Exercising of Choices (Choice filling) and Locking – Round 2||April 9 - April 10, 2018|
|Seat Allotment Process – Round 2||April 11, 2018|
|NEET PG Counselling Result – Round 2||April 12, 2018|
|Reporting at the allocated medical college after second round||April 13 - April 22, 2018|
|Transfer of seats to State Quota||April 22, 2018|
NEET PG 2018 Round One Counselling Provisional Result (Revised)
To check the revised provisional result of NEET PG Counselling Round 1 as released by the DGHS on March 29, 2018 –
NEET PG 2018 Counselling – Round 1
For final admissions, all the eligible candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration for Counselling
- Visit MCC Official Website i.e. mcc.nic.in
- Click on ‘NEET PG Counselling Registration’ link
- Enter details – Application Number, Roll Number, DOB, and Name.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
Step 2: Exercising of Choices, Seat Allotment Process
- Login by entering required details – testing ID/ Roll No./ Stream and Password.
- Fill in the choice of subjects and colleges in order of preference.
- Candidate can fill in as many options but should make sure to submit the same in the order of preference.
- The options can be modified before locking the choices. After clicking on ‘Choice Locking’ all the choices submitted will appear on the screen.
- If the students are confirmed about their choices then they can enter their password
Note: Applicants are advised to take the printout of locked choices which include locking date, IP address of computer and unique number
Step 3: Seat Allotment
After the completion of online registration, students will be allocated seats on the basis of their filled choices and merit in exam. The results of seat allotment will be published online at MCC Official Website.
Step 4 – NEET PG 2018 Mock Counselling
Online NEET PG mock counselling is conducted by MCC to give students an idea of how the counselling process works. Seats will be allotted as per applicant’s choices and All India Rank. Aspirants can even modify their choices after mock counselling.
Step 5 – Choice locking of NEET PG 2018 counselling
After choice filling, aspirants can lock their choices by clicking on ‘Choice lock’. Choices once locked cannot be modified. Check the detailed procedure of choice locking for NEET PG counselling here.
- On clicking on ‘choice lock’, the submitted choices will appear on the screen along with restrictions, if applicable.
- Confirm the displayed contents before locking the choices.
- During choice locking of NEET PG 2018 counselling, enter their password.
- Take a printout of locked choices, including the locking date, IP address of computer and unique number.
Step 6 – NEET PG counselling 2018 seat allotment
After NEET PG 2018 counselling online registration, aspirants will be allotted seats on the basis of their choices filled, All India Rank and seats available. After seat allotment, MCC will publish the result of counselling round 1 displaying All India Rank, institute allotted, subjects, category under which admission was granted, category of candidate.
Step 7 – Reporting at allotted colleges
After seat allotment, aspirants must download the allotment letter which will be provided on this page. Candidates must report at the allotted institutes along with the relevant documents and fees as mentioned in the allotment letter. Aspirants who will not be present on the specified date as written on allotment letter will be disqualified.
Documents to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted colleges:
- NEET PG 2018 Admit Card
- NEET PG result
- Mark sheet of MBBS/BDS 1, 2 and 3 professional examinations
- MBBS/BDS degree certificate/provisional certificate
- Institute completion certificate or the certificate from the head of the institution stating that candidate has completed the internship by March 31, 2018.
- The permanent/provisional registration certificate issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC). The provisional registration certificate is applicable only for the candidates who are likely to complete the internship on or before March 31, 2018.
- High school/higher secondary certificate/birth certificate as proof of birth date
- Candidates must also carry on the identification proofs to the allotted colleges – PAN card, driving license, voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar card
Candidates belonging to respective categories must also carry the following certificates:
- SC/ST certificate in English or Hindi language issued by the competent authority. Sub-caste should be clearly mentioned on it.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority and the sub-caste must be related to the central list of OBC. Candidate should not belong to creamy layer.
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH) certificate issued from a constitutes or authorized medical boards. No other OPH certificate issued by any other authority will be entertained.
NEET PG Cut off score 2017
|Category||Cut off score out of 1500 (Initial)||Cut off score out of 1500 (Revised)|
|Persons with disability||680.0611||643.1009|
NEET PG Cut Off 2017 for 50% All India Quota Seats
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||842.2654|
|Other Backward Classes PH||655.5969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||655.1937|
|Scheduled Caste PH||658.5397|
|Schedule Tribe PH||673.4360|
NEET PG 2018 Counselling for round 2
Candidates not allotted seats in round 1 can fill their fresh seat preferences in NEET PG counselling round 2. Candidates do not have to register again to participate in NEET PG round 2 counselling. Seat allotment will be done as per the choices and merit of aspirants. In case, aspirants do not select their college preferences and courses, they will not be eligible for second round.
Who are eligible for NEET PG counselling round 2?
Candidates eligible for seat allotment in round 2 should belong from any of the following group.
- Group I – Registered candidates not allotted any seat in round 1
- Group II – Registered aspirants whose allotted seats were cancelled during document verification because of change in reserved category or PH status. Such candidates are eligible to participate in round 2 with a changed category, subject to eligibility conditions
- Group III – Aspirants who have joined the college in round 1 but want to up-grade their seats in round 2.
Who are not eligible for NEET PG counselling round 2?
- Aspirants not reporting at the allotted institute after seat allotment in round 1
- Candidates who reported but withdrew their allotted seats during round 1 counselling
- Applicants who became ineligible due to change in category
- Students who did not opt for up-gradation of seats
Conversion of seats during NEET PG counselling
Seats will be converted during the second round of seat allotment. The conversion of vacant reserved seats will be done as per the following process after allotment of seats during round 2.
|UR (PH) (General PH)||UR (General)|
NEET PG 2018 Merit List
NEET PG Merit list will be prepared by National Board of Examination. Names of the applicants who have successfully cleared the medical entrance examination will appear on the merit list. Following is the tie-breaking criteria which help MCC in preparation of merit list:
Tie Breaking Criteria in NEET PG
In case two or more students have similar marks in the examination; the following is the tie-breaking criteria which help to determine the list:
- All India NEET PG 2018 rank: This is the overall merit position for all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET PG 2018 exam.
- All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position for all the candidates who have appeared in the exam. All over India, 50% seats are reserved for MD/ MS/ Post-Graduate diploma courses 2018 admission session only
- All India 50% quota Category rank: All over India, 50% seats are reserved for MD/ MS/ Post-Graduate diploma courses for the students who fall in a category of SC/ ST/ OBC.
- State quota/ Private Medical Colleges/ Deemed University/ AFMS Rank: Seats are reserved for the students with state quota rank, state category rank, and rural posting etc shall be determined by designated agency/ authority of the concerned state/ university as per applicable regulations and reservation policies.
NEET PG 2018 Seat Allotment
Seats are allotted as per the availability of seats in the colleges and on the basis of merit list. Students having a better rank will be given preference over the candidates having a lower rank. Following is the explanation of basic counselling of seats:
- All India 50% Quota Seats: Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India conducts the counselling for All India 50% Quota seats using the result of NEET PG 2018.
- State Quota Seats: The concerned States / designated authority / University conducts the counselling for admission to state quota seats as per the students score in the examination.
- Admission into Private medical colleges/Deemed University: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities are conducted by the designated counselling authority of these Private Colleges/ Institutions/ Institutes/ Universities/ Deemed Universities
- Admission into Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions is conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, and Government of India.
- Admission into DNB Broad Specialty Courses: On the basis of students rank in NEET PG Exam the National Board of Counselling conducts the centralized merit-based Counselling.
NEET PG Important Instructions
- There is three rounds of counseling for Deemed and Central Universities followed by one Final Mop Up round at the Institution Level for stray vacancies.
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana students are also eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
- Candidates, those not register in Round 1 only they can register for Round 2.
- If candidates apply for both AIQ and for Deemed University, they have to pay only the higher fee i.e. of Deemed University INR 5000.
- In case, a seat is allotted during the Round 1, candidates are required to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities then the only candidate can exercise an option to participate in next round (2nd Round).
- If there is discrepancy in spelling in documents candidate must carry proof that the documents belongs to same person, in form of an affidavit/undertaking.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College