NEET PG 2021 Result will be released online at the official website of NBE by May 31, 2021. NEET PG Result will be released in PDF format which contains information like mention the roll number, marks scored, and the rank of the candidate. This year the total marks for which the paper will be conducted have been reduced to 800 from 1200. Candidates qualifying NEET PG Cut off will become eligible for the admission process.
NEET PG Latest updates:
- April 22 : NBE will release the results on its official website, after the commencement of exams.
- April 22 : As per NEET PG result of the year 2020, a total of 89,549 candidates had passed the exam where 1,60,888 had appeared for the exam.
- April 15 : NEET PG Exam has been postponed untill further notice in view of the rising Covid-19 cases.
- Feb 23 : Registration date for NEET PG is from Feb 23, 2021 till March 15, 2021.
Along with NEET PG 2021 Result, NBE will release the qualifying cut-off marks. After that, a category-wise merit list for 50% of state quota seats will be published by the States/UT/Institutes. Check NEET PG Counselling
Read the article to know more about how to check and download NEET PG result and scorecard, how the score is calculated, qualifying percentile, and much more.
NEET PG 2021 Result Highlights
|Official website to download result||National Board of Examinations (NBE), nbe.edu.in|
|Mode of release||Online in PDF format|
|Details mentioned in NEET PG results||Roll number, scores obtained (out of 800), All India Rank, Qualifying status, equivalent cutoff scores|
|NEET PG cutoff percentile||General - 50th |
SC/ST/OBC - 40th
General-PH - 45th
|Validity of result||NEET PG result is valid for academic session 2021-22 only.|
|Admission through NEET PG 2021 result||50% All India Quota, 50% state quota seats, Deemed universities, Central universities, ESIC and AFMS, Private institutions, DNB CET hospitals|
|Number of colleges||6102 MD/MS/PG Diploma colleges, 649 hospitals|
NEET PG Result 2021 Dates
|NEET PG 2021 Exam||April 18, 2021|
|NEET PG 2021 Result||May 31, 2021|
|Scorecard available for download||1st week of June 2021|
|AIQ merit list released||2nd week of June 2021|
How to Check NEET PG 2021 Result?
Candidates can check their results by entering their credentials namely Confirmation No., Testing ID and Date of Birth which is mentioned on the admit card issued by NBE. Steps to check the NEET PG Result and scorecard is mentioned below:
- Visit the official site of NBE
- Click on the link for “NEET PG 2021 Results”
- Enter the required credentials, i.e., testing id and date of birth to download the result
- Check the score and qualifying status on the
Candidates are advised to download the final scorecard as it would be required at the time of counseling as well as final reporting to the college for admission.
NEET PG 2021 Result of DNB courses
- Admission to DNB courses will be offered based on NEET PG so NBE will release the DNB result along with NEET PG 2021 result.
- The counselling for admission in DNB courses will be conducted separately in an online mode.
- Final year MBBS or degree holders are eligible to pursue post MBBS DNB course based on NEET PG.
Details on NEET PG 2021 Scorecard
The scorecard of NEET PG 2021 will be valid for 1 year only. NBE releases it for all the candidates and the following details are mentioned in it.
|Name of the candidate||Father’s name|
|Mother’s name||Roll number|
|Date of birth||Category|
|Score (out of 1200)||NEET PG AIQ Rank|
|NEET PG Cut off||NEET PG Percentile|
|Total correct response||Total incorrect response|
Calculation of NEET PG 2021 Score, Rank and Percentile
Calculation of NEET PG raw score out of 800: First, NBE calculates the raw score of NEET PG. To do so, it following the marking scheme, i.e.
For every correct answer, the candidate gets 4 marks.
For every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
If the question is unattended, marks neither added nor deducted.
Calculation of NEET PG rank/merit: Then raw marks of the candidates are used to prepare the rank of the candidates. To do so, the Board uses the below mentioned cut off percentile:
UR – 50th percentile.
SC / ST / OBC – 40th percentile.
UR PwD – 45th percentile.
The board prepares merit based on the raw score and checks the marks of the 50th / 40th / 45th percentile candidate. The marks secured by that candidate become the cutoff score for that year. Candidates who score more than or up to the cut off marks, qualify for all India 50% quota seats.
Calculation of NEET PG Percentile: Candidates can check the formula provided below to know how percentile is calculated:
Normalization of NEET PG Score
- Normalization of the score includes the percentile score which basically means the minimum marks required to qualify for the examination.
- The calculation of the percentile score will be based on the applicant’s percentile in the exam in relation to the marks obtained by other applicants.
NEET PG 2021 Qualifying Percentile
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Classes||40th|
NEET PG Revised qualifying percentile over the years
|Category/ Year||NEET PG Qualifying Percentile (Revised)|
NEET PG 2021 Types Of Ranks
Medical graduates will see that their NEET PG result, as released by NBE, will reflect different types of ranks. These rank types are mentioned below in the points below.
|NEET PG All India Rank (AIR)||Candidate’s overall merit position|
|NEET PG All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Rank||Candidates who have opted for AIQ 50% seats|
|NEET PG All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank||Medical graduates who opted for AIQ 50% seats|
NEET PG Type of Merit Lists
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Rank - Candidates who have opted for AIQ 50% seats will get AIQ rank that they have secured among all other similar candidates. The rank will be considered while granting admission to AIQ 50% seats to candidates after the release of NEET PG result 2021
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank - Medical graduates who opted for AIQ 50% seats will also receive AIQ category rank which is the category-wise rank allotted to candidates
NEET PG Criteria for Tie Breaker
NBE has also updated NEET PG 2021 Tie Breaking Criteria. The conditions to resolve tie have been reduced to four from eight. In case two or more candidates have scored similar marks in this examination, the following stated tie breaker will determine the result:
- Candidates having a greater number of correct responses in NEET PG paper will be placed at a better merit position.
- Candidates having a lesser number of negative responses in NEET PG paper will be placed at a better merit position.
- Candidates older in age will be placed at a better merit position.
- Candidates securing higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in all MBBS Professional Examinations will be placed at a better merit position.
NEET PG 2021 Result Validity
Candidates seeking admission through the national level entrance examination should be aware of the validity period of their result. As per NBE the result of NEET PG will be valid for one year, i.e., one academic session only. Under no circumstances will candidates be allowed to carry forward their NEET PG result 2021 to the next academic session. Under the effect of NEET PG 2021 result candidates will be granted admission to the following:
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in Central and Deemed Universities.
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in government medical institutions.
MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)
Medical graduates must also remember that NBE does not entertain requests for rechecking and re-evaluation, the result once declared will be considered final.
NEET PG 2021 Toppers
NEET PG 2021 Toppers will be announced soon after the declaration of NEET PG Result. Till that time candidates can check the list of 2020 toppers and get an idea about the marks scored by those candidates.
NEET PG toppers 2020
|AIR Rank of Toppers||Toppers Names||Marks Scored|
|1||Dr. Shiv Kumar Sharma||1013|
|2||Dr. Raghavendra B Pandit||1002|
|3||Dr. Kartik Aggarwal||1000|
|4||Dr. Shobhit Garg||988|
|5||Dr. Aman Aggarwal||983|
|6||Dr. Parth Durgia||980|
|7||Dr. Mankirat Dhillon||977|
|8||Dr. Sana Mohsin||976|
|9||Dr. Shivam Arora||975|
|10||Dr. Harshil Shah||970|
NEET PG Result Statics
With the result, NBE had also released NEET PG 2020 result synopsis. The data in it is as follows:
- Number of candidates applied – 167102
- Candidates who appeared for the exam – 160888
- Total candidates qualified – 89549
- % of qualified candidates – 55.67%
- Candidates termed disqualified – 2
The state-wise data of candidates appeared and qualified is as follows:
|State / UT||Appeared||Qualified|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1004||712|
NEET PG 2021 Result FAQS
Ques: When will be the NEET PG 2021 Results declared?
Ans: NEET PG 2021 Results will be released by May 31, 2021. The exam is scheduled to be held on April 18, 2021.
Ques: How can I download my NEET PG 2021 Result?
Ans: The candidates can check their NEET PG 2021 Results from the official NBE website. However, to download the NEET PG 2021 Scorecard, the candidates need to log in using their username and password.
Ques: My name on the NEET PG 2021 Result is misprinted, what can I do?
Ans: The candidate must contact the NBE authorities if any discrepancy in the candidate details is found in the NEET PG 2021 Result.
Ques: Can I change my category after the NEET PG 2021 Result has been declared?
Ans: No, the candidate cannot change their category in any case. NBE does not allow any changes in candidate details once the NEET PG 2021 Application Form has been submitted.
Ques: How will my tuition fees paid during the NEET PG 2021 Counselling Registration be adjusted?
Ans: The Tuition fee is adjusted against the First Semester Fees the candidate will pay during final admission in the allotted college.
Ques: How will NBE verify my documents for NEET PG 2021 counseling?
Ans: Since the process of NEET PG 2021 Counselling is done Online, the documents of the candidate are not verified. However, the candidates have to bring all the original documents to their allotted Post Graduation college on the day of final admission for verification.
Ques: What does withheld mean in NBE NEET PG results 2021?
Ans: The result of NEET PG 2021 for those candidates whose MBBS certificates and relevant documents will not be sent to the authority on or before the last date will be considered withheld.
Ques: What should I do after declaration of my NEET PG results?
Ans: As per the result of NEET PG 2021, if a candidate has passed the test, he/she is required to download the scorecard, when released. Once the scorecard is downloaded, the aspirant can appear for NEET PG counselling for allotment of seats.
Ques: When can I download the scorecard of NEET PG 2021?
Ans: NEET PG scorecard 2021 can only be downloaded by candidates whose name will be listed in the result PDF. The scorecard will be available for downloading after the commencement of the exam using login ID and password.
Ques: What to do in case of any error in NEET PG result 2021 or scorecard?
Ans: In case aspirants finds out any mistake in www.nbe.edu.in NEET PG result, they must immediately inform the conducting authority by mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at toll free 18002674003.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.