Most of the candidates are still confused about the NEET Attempts Limit and age limit criteria as there had been various controversies regarding the same in previous years. Candidates must note currently there is no limit on NEET Attempts and also there is no upper age limit criteria which means that candidates above 17 years of age can apply for the exam. Check NEET 2021 Eligibility
This year the exam was expected to be held twice but Education Miniter has released the statement of conducting NEET 2021 only once this year on August 1. Check NEET 2021 Important Dates
Table of Content
Candidates can check the article below to know more about trends of NEET Attempts, age limit in NEET, and much more.
NEET Attempts 2021 - Dates and Schedule
|NEET 2021 Exam Date (Out)||August 1, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Application Form Date||3rd week of March 2021|
|Last date to fill NEET Application Form||3rd week of April 2021|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of July 2021|
|Declaration of result||4th week of August 2021|
|Counselling will commence from||September 2021|
NEET Attempts Trends: Changes over the years in NEET Attempts Limit
The sequence of events for NEET Number of Attempts and regulation since 2017:
|2018||No Limit|| |
|2019||No Limit|| |
|2020||No Limit|| |
|2021||No Limit|| |
NEET 2021: No Multiple Attempts
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare had earlier released the statement that NEET 2021 will be conducted twice a year. But now with the release of NEET 2021 Exam Date and with the statement of Education Minister Ramesh Pokhrial, it is clear that NEET 2021 to be held only once this year.
NEET Upper & Lower Age Limit
- NEET 2021 Lower Age Limit is that candidates should have completed 17 years of age by December 31, 2021.
- NEET Upper Age Limit criteria have been removed for the time being from NEET Eligibility but have been challenged in court.
- Currently, there is no upper age limit in NEET 2021.
|All Categories||Candidates should be born on or before December 31, 2004|
NEET Attempts and Age Limit Debate
- In 2017 CBSE had introduced Upper Age Limit Criteria and NEET Attempt Limit criteria.
- According to this candidates were allowed to appear for NEET only 3 times. So in the 2017 NEET examination, those who had already appeared for the exam 3 times in the previous three years were not allowed.
- Also, Age Limit had also been introduced according to which only UR candidates below 25 age & reserved candidates below 30 age were allowed to appear for NEET.
- These decisions of CBSE had been challenged by candidates and were revoked.
- But in 2018 the age limit criteria had been reintroduced which was again challenged by the candidates and the decision is still pending in the court.
- For NEET 2021, there is no upper age and attempts limit.
Benefits to Applicants if NEET is conducted Twice
The benefits of conducting NEET twice a year.
- NEET rank is going to be decided by the simplest of two scores which is one of the most important benefits of conducting NEET twice in a year.
- There will be a gap of around 10-15 days in two NEET examinations which can provide aspirants with enough time to prepare for the 2nd exam.
- It will also reduce the pressure on the scholars as they will get an extra chance to appear for the exam.
- NEET aspirants can choose the perfect time to aim for the exam. This may benefit the scholars appearing within the board exams as they're going to have ample time to organize for the NEET exam.
- One of the most important benefits of conducting NEET twice is that it'll provide the scholars with an opportunity to avoid some mistakes within the second attempt.
- The first attempt of NEET will provide students with a real-time experience of giving the NEET exam.
- One of the foremost important benefits of conducting NEET twice in a tutorial year is that it'll provide students with help candidates to improve scores within less time.
- Study Plan and Timetable for NEET 2021: Check Monthly Preparation Plan
- Online Resources & Applications for NEET 2021 Preparation
NEET 2021 Attempts FAQs
Question: How many NEET attempts will be valid?
Answer: There is no limit on number of attempts in NEET. Candidates can appear for the exam if they have completed 17 years of age. There is no upper age limit criteria..
Question: Will NEET 2021 conduct twice a year?
Answer: No. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhrial has announced that NEET 2021 will be conducted only once this year on August 1, 2021.
Question: What is going to be the mode of entrance exam?
Answer: NEET is going to be conducted in offline mode i.e, pen and paper-based mode. Candidates are going to be given NEET OMR sheets 2021 to fill the answers which can be later electronically evaluated.
Question: Who will conduct NEET 2021?
Answer: NTA is the conducting body of NEET 2021. The official website of NEET i.e. ntaneet.nic.in will be activated soon with details regarding application dates etc.
Question: What's the essential eligibility criteria of NEET 2021?
Answer: Aspirants must have completed the age of 17 years as of Dec 31, 2021. Candidates must have completed their Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized central or state board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the core subjects.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.