NEST 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
NEST (National Entrance Screening Entrance Test) is a national level entrance for students seeking admission to 5 year Integrated MSc Program in Basic Sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. NEST 2019 will be jointly conducted by NISER, Bhubaneshwar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai. Applicants must have secured minimum 60 % for General category and minimum 55 % for SC, ST, and PD category.
Latest: NEST Application Form is available on the official website. Candidates can apply till March 11, 2019. Apply Now
|NEST Eligibility ||NEST 2019 Admit Card||NEST Application Form||NEST Exam Pattern|
- NEST 2019 is scheduled to be conducted on June 2, 2019.
- Candidate can download NEST 2019 Admit Card from the official website from April 25, 2019 onwards.
- NEST 2019 examination will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam).
- NEST 2019 Syllabus comprises Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The merit will be calculated on the basis of three highest scored sections including the first one.
NEST 2019 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||NEST – National Entrance Screening Test|
|Date of NEST 2019 exam||June 2, 2019|
|Exam conducting body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Courses offered||5 years integrated M.Sc courses|
NEST 2019 Exam Dates
The online application form for NEST 2019 is expected to be available from the first week of January 2019. Candidates can however go through the tentative important dates of NEST 2019 tabulated below
|Online Application Start date||January 1, 2019||NEST Application ends on March 5, 2019|
|Admit card availability online||April 25, 2019 onwards||Download Admit Card from www.nestexam.in|
|NEST 2019 Exam date||June 2, 2019||There is no negative marking in General section|
|Result Declaration||June 18, 2019||Check NEST Result online at www.nestexam.in|
NEST 2019 Eligibility Criteria
NEST Eligibility Criteria comprises several norms and rules that all candidates must satisfy before applying for the entrance test. Some of the important Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2019 are discussed below:-
- Candidate’s date of birth must be before August 1998.
- This holds true for general and OBC candidates.
- There is total five years relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.
- Candidates need to complete 10+2 exam from a recognized board.
- Final year students are also eligible.
- 2016 to 2017 students will be considered as final year applicant.
- Candidates must have Mathematics as the mandatory subject on 10+2 exam.
- A science stream student will be given preference.
- Other mandatory subjects are: physics, chemistry, biology or life science subjects.
Minimum Marks Required
- A minimum of 60% marks is required in aggregate in 10+2 final exam for general category students.
- The same is 55% marks in aggregate for SC, ST students.
- Candidates from J & K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana state has a quota of 15%.
NEST 2019 Application Form
NEST 2019 Application Form will be available from January 1, 2019. It can be filled online at the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in. Follow the below steps to learn how to register for NEST 2019:
- Visit the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in.
- Click on the link ‘Apply Online’ link on NEST 2019 website to reach the online application page on/after January 01, 2019.
- Enter the requried credentials i.e. name, a valid email id and a password of their choice in a window.
- Candidates will then receive an email at the email id provided by them, containing a link to confirm the registration.
- After confirmation, provide the same email id & password, enter the secret code and click on ‘Login’ in the window.
- NEST 2019 Application Processallows multi-session data entry.
- If the candidate forgets their password then click ‘forgot password’ link.
- For safety reasons, candidates are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
NEST 2019 Application Fee
- NEST 2019 application fee needs to be paid inonline mode during the time of submitting the duly filled application form.
- There is no option of sending a demand draft to the council for the fee.
- NISER Conducting body, has clearly mentioned that no center will physically collect the application fee from students.
- It has to be paid online using credit or debit card or net banking options.
- Below is the fee structure that NEST 2019 follows. Based on the category, applicants need to pay the fee.
|Category||Application Fee Structure|
|General male candidate||INR 700|
|General female candidate||INR 350|
|SC/ST male candidate||INR 350|
|SC/ST female candidate||INR 350|
|OBC male candidate||INR 700|
|OBC female candidate||INR 350|
NEST 2019 Admit Card
- Admit Card for NEST will be available for download from April 25, 2019.
- All the applicants should carry the admit card to the NEST 2019 Exam Center along with a valid Photo ID issued by Govt. Of India.
- The Hall Ticket is to be downloaded from NEST official website - www.nestexam.in
- No candidate will receive NEST Admit card via e-mail or post.
- Any discrepancy in the details provided during NEST 2019 Registration and mentioned on admit card should be immediately reported to the concerned authorities.
How to download NEST Admit Card?
Step 1: Visit the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in
Step 2: Follow the link to download NEST Admit Card 2019
Step 3: Enter the provisional ID and Password received during the NEST Application Process.
Step 4: Verify the details on the NEST Admit card.
Step 5: Print multiple copies.
NEST 2019 Exam Center
- NISER is the allocating authority which reserves the rights to allocate NEST Exam Center to all candidates.
- The allotted Exam Center will be indicated on the NEST Admit Card.
- Candidates must choose 5 (five) centres in order of their preference while filling up of the application form.
- Candidates have to mention the choice of NEST Exam center with the state code in which it is located.
NEST 2019 Exam Pattern
NEST Exam Pattern describes the complete paper pattern, subject-wise marking scheme, distribution of marks, time duration and alike. It is decided by National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER) each year. The exam pattern of NEST has been same over the years.
- The examination will be organized at multiple centres (major towns or cities) all over India on June 2, 2019 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- It will be conducted in Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam).
- The question paper will be published in English language only.
- There will be objective (MCQ) questions will be asked.
- The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks.
- There is no negative marking in General section. However, a negative marking is applied in the subject section.
NEST 2019 Syllabus
There is no specific syllabus as such that NEST 2019 follows. The content of the exam will depend broadly on the syllabus that candidates studied during their standard eleventh and twelfth. The exam is conducted on five sections.
- General: It covers 30 marks and general topic.
- Physics: It covers 50 marks and the topics for any standard twelfth board exam.
- Chemistry: Covers 50 marks with class twelfth syllabus.
- Biology: Covers 50 marks and the syllabus centers round life science.
- Mathematics: It too covers 50 marks and the syllabus is from 10th standard.
Below are the list of books one can use for preparation purpose:
|Name of the book||Publisher or author||ISBN|
|Modern ABC of Textbook Chemistry||Dr. S.P.Jauhar||9351841219|
|Aptitude Test problems in Physics||S.S Krotov||9350941449|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma||8177091875|
|Genetic Engineering||P.S Verma||B00QUYL11W|
|Objective Biology||M.P. Tyagi and J.P Goyal||818722374X|
|Integral Calculus||Amit M. Agarwal||9311126225|
|Skills in Mathematics Coordinates Geometry for IIT JEE||S.K Goyal||9351761401|
NEST 2019 Result
NEST 2019 exam result will be declared on June 18, 2019. The result will be available online. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for all important updates. The result will reflect on the official website on a tab which will read result 2019. The steps candidates need to follow in order to check result are:
- Login to official website using user id and password credentials.
- Click on result tab ‘NEST 2019 Result’
- Download the result along with answer key.
- Check the cut off score.
- The score card will give a brief understanding about the merit list.
- Based on the result and merit list the final list of candidates will be released.
- This list will focus on the applicants who are selected for student counselling.
NEST 2019 Counselling
By July 2019 counselling for NEST 2019 will begin. The selected aspirants will be allotted dates and venue for the counselling. This is the final step to get admission in the five years integrated program. The final merit list is uploaded on the official website. Candidates are requested to check the official website for NEST 2019 for the list. Based on the list and location of the candidate, a venue will be suggested along with date and time. Candidates need to appear on the mentioned date and time on that venue for NEST Counselling. Few important documents need to be carried. They are;
- Mark sheets till 10+2.
- Incase candidate has already done some diploma course post twelfth then the mark sheet for the same is also required.
- Along with mark sheet certificate is also required.
- Either of the address proofs like; voter id card, adhar card, bank pass book, LIC policy document, ration card or any other government address proof.
- Id proof like; driving license, pan card, voter id card, adhar card, 10+2 admit card or any other document issued by Government of India authority.
- In case of SC and ST candidates government certificate for class category is essential to submit.
- Candidates need to carry minimum three passport sized photos with themselves.
There are main two rounds that takes place; one is group discussion and the other is personal interview:
- In group discussion candidate’s in-depth knowledge is checked.
- In personal interview candidates are counselled and mentally prepared for the course they are aspiring.
- Since it is a five-year integrated course so students need to really focus on their real aspiration towards a specific course.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College