NMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 is decided by GMAC. The basic eligibility criteria for NMAT 2021 includes Nationality, age limit and qualifications. Candidates with a bachelor's degree from a recognised university can apply for NMAT Exam, and there are some criteria for NRI Students. The other eligibility criteria varies as per the institution, and it is important to go through before NMAT 2021 Registration.
- July 22: SVKM’s NMIMS set Eligibility for application to be a minumum score of 200 in NMAT.
- July 19: MBA Exam aspirants must must familiarize themselves. Check NMAT Prep Tips.
- July 15: NMAT aspirants can prepare by Downloading NMAT Practice Paper PDFs.
The Eligibility Criteria for NMAT varies as per the requirements of the institution candidates are applying at. There is no reservation policy for the NMAT Exam, except for widows, wards of armed forces personnel killed and Kashmiri Migrants in some cases. There is no upper age limit for registration.
Table of Contents
NMAT 2021 Eligibility - Course wise
NMAT offers admission to NMIMS University and 35+ other top business schools in India. Aside from the Indian institutes, NMAT by GMAC scores are also accepted in some foreign universities in the Philippines, Nigeria, and South Africa. Given below are the eligibility criteria for some of the most popular courses -
|NMIMS MBA (Mumbai Campus)|| |
|NMIMS MBA HR (Mumbai Campus)|| |
|NMIMS MBA Pharmaceutical Management (Mumbai Campus)*|| |
|NMIMS PGDM*|| |
*Selection Process is different
Check NMAT Selection Procedure
NMAT 2021 Eligibility - International Students
The eligibility criteria for International Students is as follows:
|NMAT Eligibility for International Students|
|Educational Qualifications||Full-time Bachelor degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from any recognized University|
|Minimum Marks||Minimum aggregate of 50% marks in first attempt|
|GMAT Score||600+ (the GMAT score for the last three years will be taken into consideration)|
|Work Experience||2+ years of post-qualification experience|
|Additional Criteria||All the admissions for international candidates are subject to them getting clearance from the candidate’s government (if required) and a student visa from the Indian Embassy in the candidate’s country.|
NMAC Eligibility Criteria for MNIMS Campuses
|Thapar school of management||Graduates or post graduate in any discipline with 50% marks or CGPA|
|Amrut Mody school management||50% or equivalent from a recognized university. 45% for SC or ST candidates|
|MISB Bocconi||50% marks in 10th, 12th, and graduation level|
|Shiv Nadar||Must have completed graduation degree or equivalent, with at Graduation with 50% or equivalent CGPA recognized universities or professional body such as ICSI, ICAI, ICWAI|
|GITAM school of international business||Graduate or equivalent from a recognized university|
Things to Note for NMAT 2021 Eligibility
Apart from the basic eligibility criteria, there are some other important things to note while applying for NMAT 2021. Applicants are advised to go through the following before NMAT Registration:
- AIU certificate is mandatory for the candidates who have completed their graduation from overseas Universities.
- Reservation of seats for the widows/wards of armed forces personnel killed/disabled in action or during peacetime and wards of Kashmiri migrants will be applicable for those candidates who have successfully met the desired cut-offs and other eligibility requirements of the respective course/s applied at the time of registration.
- For the full-time courses, candidates who are currently appearing for the final examination of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. In such a case, provisional admission shall be granted.
- Provisional admission is subject to clearing the final examination of his/her Bachelor’s degree with at least fifty percent aggregate in marks.
- At the time of admission, candidates are required to produce semester-wise/ trimester-wise/ consolidated (if individual mark sheets are not issued by University / Institute) mark sheets of all years from the college he/she has graduated from.
- In the case of internet/printed copies of mark sheets, attestation of the same by the Principal with the official seal is mandatory/required, without which it will not be accepted.
- Candidates who have passed or have appeared for their graduation examination from a University where Grade Point Average system is followed, are then required to produce the equivalent percentage for the GPA/CGPA obtained in writing from the concerned University.
NMAT 2021 Eligibility FAQs
Ques: What is the eligibility criteria for NMAT 2021?
Ans: Yes, Candidates should graduate with a minimum 50% or should be in the final year of graduation to apply for NMAT. GMAC specifies that it is the candidates' responsibility to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. In case candidates are found ineligible to appear for the exam, no refund of fees will be made.
Ques: Can NRI candidates also apply for NMAT?
Ans: Yes, NRI and Indian both candidates are eligible for NMAT. A Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks is mandatory along with a GMAT score above 600. Work experience is generally given preference while selecting foreign nationals.
Ques: Is the eligibility criteria the same for every institute?
Ans: Eligibility criteria for NMAT vary as per the course selected by the candidate. General eligibility is the same for all the participating institutes in NMAT. Though final selections are based on preference and shortlisting procedure of the institute. For instance, candidates having professional experience of more than 1 year are given preference.
Ques: How many times can I appear for NMAT ?
Ans: Candidates can appear for a maximum number of 3 times in NMAT. This includes no show- which means if candidates fail to appear in the exam due to personal reasons.
Ques: Name the courses offered by NMAT exam?
Ans: Courses offered by NMAT:
- MBA in HR
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.