PTE 2019 Registration, Exam Format, Test Centers, Application Fee
PTE (Pearson Test of English) is an English language proficiency test conducted by Pearson PCL group in association with Edexcel. Any person whose native language is not English and wants to assess his/her proficiency in the language can take the test.
PTE has 3 different tests viz. PTE Academic, PTE General and PTE for Young Learners. The test is recognized by more than 6,000 organizations globally. The exam is conducted in over 200 centers all over the world.
|PTE Registration||PTE Exam Pattern||PTE Exam Centers|
- PTE is a three-hours long computer based test.
- PTE Academic tests a candidate’s English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- PTE results are available within 5 days from the day of the test.
- The examination fee is INR 11,102 excluding GST of 18%.
PTE 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Pearson Test of English|
|Level of Examination||International Level|
|Conducting Body||Pearson PCL group|
|Duration of the test||3 Hours|
|Number of Sections||Three|
|Score Range||10-90 Points|
PTE 2019 Commonly asked Questions
How to choose the right PTE exam?
- Pearson PCL conducts four exams for different purposes.
- PTE General and PTE Young Learners are conducted to apply to schools and high schools.
- PTE Business English is required as proficiency test in business and commerce industry.
- PTE Academic is the standard test required for applying to universities and colleges in English speaking nations.
Countries accepting PTE Score
- Accepted for study applications by thousands of academic programs around the world (USA, New Zealand, Canada, UK, Australia).
- PTE scores are approved by all australian and new zealand govt universities and for immigration purpose.
PTE Exam Dates
- PTE is conducted over 360 days at more than 250 centers in 51 countries.
PTE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit: Candidate must at least of 16 years in age. Candidates below 18 years in age must provide signed parental consent for taking the test.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of times PTE is taken by a person
- Nationality: Candidate from any country can appear for the test.
PTE 2019 Registration
Registration for PTE can only be online on the official website of the exam. Steps to register for the exam are given below:
- Visit in.pearson.com/pte
- Enter your Name, a valid email ID, Phone number and Preferred test location.
- If you want additional information regarding the test, you can click on “Get Call Back” else Click on “Schedule Test”
- You’ll be redirected to another page; Now click on “Create Account”
- Click on “I agree” and fill your personal, contact and additional information.
- A confirmation mail with login credentials will be sent to the given email ID within 48 hours.
- Login using your Username and password.
- Click on “PTE-A: Pearson Test of English Academic” located under Exam Catalogue.
- Click on “Schedule this exam” and subsequently enter all details.
- Choose the preferred test centre, appointment date & test time slot.
- Click on “Proceed to checkout button”
- Complete the final checkout steps & Pay the application fee.
- A confirmation mail will be sent within 48 hours with the location of the test center and list of instruction to be followed on the test day.
The payment methods accepted by Pearson are:
- All MasterCard, American Express and JCB credit cards and Visa debit cards are accepted
- Vouchers and promotion codes (you must pay the balance if your voucher does not cover the full test cost)
- PayPal payment is not accepted
Rescheduling or Cancelling PTE Academic test
- Applicants can reschedule the exam to any desired date through phone or online.
- Cancelling or rescheduling the exam can be done through the PTE profile on the website.
The following fees are applicable for the given timeline:
- Rescheduling 7 days before the test date: 25% of the exam fee has to be paid for a new test date
- Cancelling 7 days before the test date: 50% of the test fee is refunded
- Rescheduling within 7 days of the test: Pay the full registration fee for the new test
- Cancelling within 7 days of the test: No refund
PTE 2019 Test Centers & Application Fee
PTE has over 250 centers in 50 countries worldwide. Candidate can appear for the test in any of the cities in the table below:
|Country||City||Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|Australia||Adelaide||AUD $330||AUD $412.50|
|Austria||Vienna||€ 195||€ 243.75|
|Bahrain||Manama||USD 250||USD 312.50|
|Bangladesh||Dhaka||USD 185||USD 231.25|
|Hong Kong/China||Hong Kong||USD$240.00||USD$300.00|
|India||Ahmedabad||Ludhiana||INR 11,102||INR 13,878|
|Delhi / New Delhi||Rajkot|
|Malaysia||Kota Kinabalu, Sabah||Penang||MYR 690.00||MYR 862.5|
|New Zealand||Auckland||NZD 385||NZD 481.25|
|Puerto Rico||San Juan||USD$200.00||USD$250.00|
|South Africa||Cape Town||ZAR 2,645||ZAR 3,306.25|
|South Korea||Seoul||KRW 250,000.00||KRW 312,500|
|Turkey||Adana||Erzurum||TRY 535.00||TRY 668.75|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi||1050 AED||1312.50 AED|
|United Kingdom||Aberdeen||Leeds||GBP £155.00||GBP £193.75|
|Birmingham||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|United States||Anaheim||Grand Rapids||Renton||USD$200.00||USD$250.00|
|Birmingham||King of Prussia||Somerset|
|Columbus||Moraine||West Des Moines|
|Concord||New York||West Lafayette|
|Ho Chi Minh City|
PTE 2019 Test Pattern
- PTE Academic consists of 3 sections – Speaking & Writing; Reading; Listening.
- The duration of the test is three hours.
- The test 20 different types of question formats.
- The test will comprise of excerpts from lectures, view graphs and charts.
- PTE Academic will also assess a candidate’s ability to comprehend different accents of English.
Part 1: Speaking and Writing
- The section is to be attempted in 77 – 93 minutes
- Speaking skill is assessed on a candidate’s ability to converse/interact in English in an academic environment
- Writing part tests a candidate’s grammar and spellings
- Questions will include –
- Personal Introduction
- Read Aloud
- Repeat Sentence
- Describe Image
- Re-tell Lecture
- Answer Short Question
- Summarize Written Text
- Essay – to be attempted withing 20 minutes
Part 2: Reading
- Reading section is of 32-41 minutes
- The section comprises of 15-20 independent and integrated skill questions
- Questions type includes –
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple choice questions
- Re-ordering sections
Part 3: Listening
- Listening section is 45-57 minutes long
- Questions are asked through audio and video clips
- Test takers must listen to these clips carefully as they are played only once. Candidates can make notes and adjust volumes as needed
- Questions type includes –
- Selecting missing words
- Highlighting incorrect words
- Writing from dictation
- Filling the blanks
- Summarizing spoken text
- Multiple choice questions
- Highlighting the correct summary
PTE 2019 Exam Day Instructions
Students are sent instructions to be followed on the day of taking the test in the confirmation mail. The following instructions must be conformed to –
- A valid government issued ID, preferably passport should be presented in original form.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the exam
- Give an electronic signature in the ‘Test Taker Rules Agreement’ provided at the reception
- Once it is signed, candidates must provide electronic signature and biometric identification
- Candidates will be provided with an erasable note and pen
- Candidates must not carry anything other identification proof inside the examination hall.
- While in front of the computer, follow the guide to check if the microphone and headphones are working properly
- A 10 minute break is allowed after the completion of Part 2.
- Candidates are required to take a palm vein test to take the break.
PTE 2019 Preparation
- PTE Academic free test-takers handbook is available in 7 different langauges
- Sample questions are available for all three section on the website. The helps students to get familiar with the test format.
- The official guide of PTE Academic with 200 questions for practice, sample response analysis and tips can be bought from the official website.
- Candidates can download the offline practice test paper from the official website.
- Candidates who wish to do more rigorous preparation for the exam can join online preparation course.Check PTE online preparation courses
PTE 2019 Score and Scoring System
- Pearson PCL releases the results within 5 business days after one has taken the test.
- Students recieve a mail containing instructions to access the result after the test.
- No hard copy of the result is approved by Pearson PCL. It must be verified through PTE Academic’s electronic platform.
How to check your score?
To check your result, you need to log into the pearsonvue.com website using your account details.
- Enter the username and password
- Log in and click on the ‘Current Activity’ link
- Click on ‘View Score Report’ to access PTE Academic result
- The result is downloaded in PDF format.
What does your Score Report Display?
- Personal information such as name, country, registration ID and photograph
- Test day details such as date, center and center code
- Result detail such as result date, and validity of the score
- Overall score is mentioned in the second section
- Detailed performance of the test
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College