PUCAT (Purvanchal University Combined Admission Test) is a university-level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into various PG programs offered by the Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University. Participants must ensure that they meet the eligibility before applying for the exam. PUCAT 2021 Application Form will be available from April 21, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates can apply online. PUCAT 2021 Admit Card will be released on June 25, 2021 (tentatively).
- PUCAT 2021 Application form can be filled in offline mode only.
- The exam will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Duration of the test will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
PUCAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|Conducting body||Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University|
|Mode of PUCAT 2021||Offline|
|Duration of PUCAT 2021||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
PUCAT 2021 Courses Offered
PUCAT 2021 is a portal for admitting students into various engineering programs. It offers only PG courses. The courses offered, fee structure and the seat matrix in the university are given below:
|Course name||Admission through||Seat matrix per field||Fee structure per semester|
|MBA (HRD, Finance & Control and Business Economics)||UPSEE and PUCAT 2021||60||INR 25,000|
|MA (Applied Psychology and Mass Communication)||PUCAT 2021||30||INR 10,000|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||PUCAT 2021||20||INR 25,000|
|M.Sc. (Bio- chemistry, Micro- biology and Environmental Science)||PUCAT 2021||20||INR 17,500|
PUCAT 2021 Exam Dates
PUCAT 2021 Registration will be opened from March 16, 2021 to April 28, 2021 (tentatively). The PUCAT 2021 exam dates are given below: -
|Availability of PUCAT 2021 Application form on the university website||April 21, 2021|
|Last date for submitting Application form||July 20, 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card||to be notified|
|Date of PUCAT 2021 entrance exam||to be notified|
|Declaration of result||to be notified|
|Counselling and spot admission||to be notified|
PUCAT 2021 Eligibility
PUCAT 2021 Eligibility is as set up by the VBS Purvanchal University. Participants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India to appear for PUCAT 2021. There may be certain domicile requirements that aspirants need to fulfill in order to be eligible for the entrance test.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum marks of 45% for General/OBC AND 40% for SC/ST/OBC from the recognized University.
- Those candidates who failed to secure 45% marks in bachelor degree but they clear postgraduate exam in any discipline with at- least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC) are also eligible for appearing in the admission test)
MA:- Graduate in any stream with the minimum marks of 45%.
M.Sc.:- Bachelor degree in equivalent stream with minimum 50% marks.
PUCAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can apply for PUCAT 2021 by the offline mode only. Online forms will be available for on the official VBS Purvanchal University website. The form and prospectus should be downloaded from the website.
PUCAT Application Form will be available from April 21, 2021 (tentatively). Aspirants who wish to apply for the exam can follow the simple steps given below to download and fill the form: -
Step 1: Downloading PUCAT 2021 Application form
- Visit the official website of the VBS Purvanchal University.
- Go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
- Select ‘PUCAT Admission Notice 2021’.
- Click on the respective links of ‘PUCAT Application form’ and ‘PUCAT Information Brochure’ to download them.
- Read all the details given in the brochure and print out the application form.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- To register for PUCAT 2021, applicants should fill up a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, State of domicile, Mobile Phone Number, School last studied, Course applied for, Test Centre, etc. on the application form.
- Students should be careful while entering the information and should fill all entries in neat hand writing.
- They must put their signature at the appropriate space provided. Application forms without signature may be liable to rejection.
- They will have to attach self-attested copies of all necessary documents and demand draft of the application fees.
- Individuals must send the completely filled form and the attached documents to the university in person or by registered post. The envelope should be addressed to-
‘Office of the Chairman, Admission Cell (PUCAT- 2021), V. B. S Purvanchal University, Jaunpur-222003, U.P.’
PUCAT 2021 Application Fees
PUCAT 2021 application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees have been paid. Fees can be paid via the offline method only. The application fee is INR 200 for General/ OBC category students (INR 150 for SC/ ST category).
Fees should be paid via a Demand Draft drawn in the favor of ‘Finance Officer, V. B. S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur- 222003’ which should be sent along with the application form to the university. No other mode of payment will be available. Students must write down their name, phone number and name of the course applied for on the backside of the DD.
PUCAT 2021 Admit Card
PUCAT 2021 Hall Ticket will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam around June 25, 2021 (tentatively). The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of VBS Purvanchal University. No students will receive the admit cards by post or courier.
Hall ticket of the entrance exam should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and Counselling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
PUCAT 2021 admit card will contain details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address. It is an important document of the university exam and no student will be granted entry into the exam hall without it.
Follow these steps to download PUCAT 2021 Admit Card: -
- Log on to the official website of VBS Purvanchal University.
- Search for the link related to ‘PUCAT 2021 Admit Card’ and click on it.
- Students will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Application number.
- Admit card will appear. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
PUCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
PUCAT 2021 is 2 hours duration and the question paper will contain objective questions (MCQs) in the respective field. All questions will be followed by 4 alternative options as answers to these questions, out of which the individual must choose one that seems the most accurate.
Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark. It is a conventional pen and paper based test and applicants will be required to mark their answers on an OMR sheet.
|Mode of PUCAT 2021||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Marks awarded for correct answer||+1|
|Duration of exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of exam||English|
Read More PUCAT Exam Pattern
PUCAT 2021 Syllabus
PUCAT 2021 Syllabus will be based of Higher Secondary or equivalent level for UG courses. The questions asked will be from class 11 and class 12 syllabi of the respective subjects depending in the field chosen. For PG programs, the subjects taught in Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree respectively will be tested and will form the basis of the syllabus.
PUCAT 2021 Result
PUCAT 2021 Result has been declared on July 06, 2021. The results will be announced on the official website of the university. They will be released in the form of rank lists. Candidates can download their results by accessing the website.
This can be done by following the few easy steps mentioned below: -
- Log on to the official website of the university.
- Click on the link related to ‘PUCAT 2021 Result’ of the respective course.
- The result will appear in the form of a rank list. Search for your roll number to know your result. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
VBS Purvanchal University will publish a merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the announcement of results. Applicants can expect this list by the last week of July 2021. They will be given PUCAT 2021 Ranks according to the marks secured by them in the entrance test. The list will have the names of participants in order of ranks obtained by them.
PUCAT 2021 Counselling
PUCAT 2021 Counselling Process will start on July 10, 2021 (tentatively) for PG programs. All participants short-listed via the merit list must attend the Counselling session for admission to the various courses offered by VBS Purvanchal University. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the official PUCAT website.
Individuals must be present at the Counselling session according to the time and date allotted to them. They must be present for the Counselling procedure in person along with a parent or guardian. The university will allot seats on the basis of merit, preference of course as chosen by the individual and availability of seats. The Counselling process will take place in the following way:
- PUCAT 2021 Counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the university campus.
- Candidates will have to go to the Counselling center with necessary documents and certificates that will be verified by the organizing body.
- After the verification of documents is complete, aspirant will have to fill an offline preference form.
- The seat allotment process will be done based on merit and preference of course as chosen by participants.
- If an individual wishes to secure the seat offered, he will have to report to the university with the requisite tuition fees and documents to complete the admission formalities.
Document verification is an important element of PUCAT 2021 Counselling. The documents required for Counselling are:
- PUCAT 2021 Rank card and Hall ticket
- Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from college last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport sized photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.