Table of Contents
RBI Grade B 2019 Phase 2 Result (Out), Merit List, Cutoff and Interview Dates
RBI Grade B exam is a national level competitive test conducted by Reserve Bank of India for recruitment of officers in Grade ‘B’ (General) - DR, DEPR and DSIM in Common Seniority Group (CSG). RBI Grade B 2019 recruitment is conducted in three phases – Preliminary, Main exam and Interview Round.
Latest: RBI Grade B 2019 Phase 2 Result PDF for “DR-General” officers has been released on December 18, 2019.
- Only candidates qualifying in the Main exam will be invited for interview round beginning from January 13, 2020.
- RBI Grade B Admit Card (with New Roll Numbers) indicating date, time and venue of the interview will be sent separately to shortlisted candidates on their registered email address.
- The interview round will carry 50 marks and can be done in English or Hindi language as opted by the candidate.
- Final merit list will be based on candidates performance in main exam and interview round. Check RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
- RBI Grade B Final Result will be released in April 2020. Candidates scorecards and cutoff for all phases will be published after the final result declaration.
RBI Grade B 2019 Highlights
The key points about RBI Grade B 2019 exam are highlighted below:
|Name of the Exam||RBI Grade B Exam – DR, DEPR and DSIM|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India|
|Selection Process||Preliminary exam > Main exam > Interview|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online and offline|
|Number of vacancies||199 posts|
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2019
RBI has announced a total of 199 vacancies for three Grade B positions.
|RBI Grade B Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Grade B (DR) – General||156|
|Grade B (DR) – DEPR||20|
|Grade B (DR) – DSIM||23|
RBI Grade B Exam Dates 2019
Reserve Bank of India has announced the registration schedule and RBI Grade B exam dates:
|Release of RBI Grade B 2019 Official Notification||September 20, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Registration Began on||September 21, 2019|
|Last Day to Submit RBI Grade B 2019 Application Form||October 11, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date for Phase – I||November 9, 2019|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase 1 Result||November 18, 2019|
|Release of RBI Grade B 2019 Phase 2 Admit Card||November 22, 2019 (Out)|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (General)||December 1, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (DEPR and DSIM)||December 2, 2019|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase-II (General) Result||December 18, 2019 (Released)|
|RBI Grade B Interview Dates|
January 13 – March, 2020
|Final Result Declaration||to be announced soon|
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must meet the eligibility guidelines issued by RBI before applying online. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limit and educational qualification of a candidate is discussed below:
RBI Grade B Nationality
To appear for RBI Grade B Examination 2019, a candidate must be either: —
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
RBI Grade B Age Limit
- Candidates should fall in 21 and 30 years of age group as on September 1, 2019.
- However, the upper age limit for candidates with M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualifications is 32 and 34 years respectively.
- Reserved category candidates are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per Government of India norms.
RBI Grade B Qualifications Requirement
The educational qualifications prescribed for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 are as follows:
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - (General)|
At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/years (50% for SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations from recognized University and Boards respectively.
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) – DEPR|
A Master's Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5%
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM||Essential: A Master's Degree in Statistics/Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/Statistics & Informatics/Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or an equivalent grade; OR
RBI Grade B Number of Attempts
If General Category candidates have already appeared 6-times for Phase-I Exam of this post in the past, then they would be considered ineligible to apply. However, there are no such restriction in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD if the posts are reserved for them
RBI Grade B 2019 Application Form
RBI Grade B 2019 Registration can be done through online mode only at the official website. Candidates willing to apply for posts in both Gr. B (DR)-General and Gr B (DR) DEPR / DSIM need to apply separately for each position along with requisite application fees.
How to apply for RBI Grade B?
- Visit the official website – rbi.org.in and click on the link “Recruitment for the post of Officers in Gr. B (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM”
- Separate links for Online applications for Gr B -(DR)-General and Online applications for DEPR/DSIM would be displayed.
- For fresh registration, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system.
- An Email & SMS is sent to registered email ID and a Mobile number containing Registration number and Password.
- Fill the remaining details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of candidates’ recent photograph and signature, left hand thumb impression and a hand written declaration with following specifications:
|Photograph||20 – 50 KBs||200 X 230 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
|Signature||10 – 20 KBS||140 X 60 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||10 – 20 KBS|
140 X 60 pixels
|JPG or JPEG|
Hand Written Declaration
|20 – 50 KBs|
140 X 60 pixels
|JPG or JPEG|
- Next, application fee has to be deposited using Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- Candidates must obtain and preserve the ‘e-receipt’ as proof of successful fee payment.
- Finally, choose "SAVE AND NEXT" and verify the details in the form before submission.
RBI Grade B 2019 Application Fee
Application Fee for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 has to be paid in online mode only. Fee payable for various categories is indicated in the table below:
|SC /ST/ PWD||Intimation Charges only||INR 100/-|
|GEN/ OBC/ EWS||Application fee including intimation charges||INR 850/-|
- Candidates must obtain the print-out of duly filled RBI Grade B Exam Application Form for future correspondence.
- No separate facility to make changes in the form will be available after submission of form.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee/ Intimation charges waiver is applicable only for the RBI Staff who meet specific eligibility criteria stipulated in the circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Admit Card
- Successful applicants for RBI Grade B Main Examination 2019 will be issued their interview call letters in January 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of bank.
- Candidates should check the e- call letter carefully and bring discrepancies/ errors, if any, to the notice of Board immediately.
Documents Required with Admit Card:
- In addition to RBI Grade B Admit Card, candidates need to present a valid Photo ID proof issued by the GOI or the State Government (original as well as a photocopy) for verification.
- Acceptable photo ID proofs are PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph etc.
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Centers
- For RBI Grade B Examination 2019, candidates can choose one center for Phase-I and one center for Phase–II separately in the online application form
- Allotment of the exam centers will be on the "first-apply-first-allot" manner based on availability.
- RBI Grade B 2019 Prelims and main exam will be conducted in 158 and 20 exam cities respectively.
RBI Grade B Exam Centers for Prelims exam
|States /UTs||RBI Grade B Exam Centers for Prelims|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana||Guntur, Narasaraopet, Hyderabad, Rangareddy-Kodada, Karimnagar, Warangal, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Tirupati, Chittoor, Vijaywada, Kanchikacherla, Gudlavalleru, Eluru, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun city|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Daman & Diu||Jamnagar|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhi Nagar, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Hissar, Karnal, Rohtak|
|Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bagalkot, Bengaluru, Chikaballapur, Kolar, Tumkur, Gulbarga, Bidar, Hubli, Dharwad, Haliyal, Gadag, Mangalore, Mysore, Mandya, Udipi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Kasargod, Kochi, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrichur, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Nagarcoil|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Solapur|
|New Delhi||Delhi –NCR|
|Orissa||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok, Bardang City|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Vellore, Coimbatore, Erode, Thirupur, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindigul Salem, Namakkal, Thiruchirapalli, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Thanjavur, Tirunelvelli, Kanyakumari, Tuticorin|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital, Roorkee City|
|West Bengal||Berhampore (WB), Durgapur, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri|
RBI Grade B Exam Centers for Main exam
|Name of the Examination Cities|
RBI Grade B 2019 Exam Pattern
- RBI Grade B is a computer based test having multiple choice questions.
- The paper will be set in English and Hindi except for the English language section.
- RBI Grade B exam pattern for Prelims and Main exam are different as shown below:
RBI Grade B Prelims Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Prelims exam will be of 200 marks with a total time constraint of 120 minutes. There will be specific sectional duration which will be mentioned in the admission letter. Candidates will have to clear sectional cutoff as well as overall cutoff. Those who obtain marks more than sectional and overall cutoffs will be eligible to appear in the Main exam.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 minutes|
RBI Grade B Main Exam Pattern
There are three separate papers in main exam. The English paper is a descriptive test. Candidates have to write the answers using the keyboard. It tests the writing skills of the candidate.
|Paper||Type of Paper||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Economics and Social Issues||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|English (Writing skills)||Descriptive||100||90 minutes|
|Finance and Management||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|Total||3 Papers||300 Marks||4 hours 30 minutes|
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2019
The Syllabus is determined by RBI itself. The syllabus varies for Prelims and Main exam as mentioned below:
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Prelims
|English||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||General Awareness|
|Grammar||Mensuration||Puzzles||Banking & Financial Awareness|
|Vocabulary||Time and Work||Seating Arrangement||Monetary Policies|
|Error Spotting||Average, Ratio, Percentages||Directions and Distance||Economic Terms|
|Comprehension||Speed, Distance and Time||Data Sufficiency||Current Affairs|
|Passage Making||Mixture and Allegations||Blood Relations||Financial & Economics News|
|Jumble Words||Permutation and Combination||Syllogism||Static GK|
|Fill in the Blanks||Data Interpretation||Coding Decoding||Government Schemes, Agreement & Deals|
|Sentence Framing||Probability||Inequality||Banking terms, rates, processes|
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Main Exam
Paper-I: Economic and social Issues
Growth and Development, Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income, Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
Sustainable Development and Environmental issues, Economic Reforms in India, Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatization, Role of Economic Planning.
Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy, International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank,
WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation, Social Structure in India, Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues,
Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged, Social Movements, Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
|Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)||The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.|
|Paper-III: Finance and Management|
1.Finance: Financial System, Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India,
Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc, Financial Markets Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments,,
Risk Management in Banking Sector, Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap, Changing Landscape of Banking sector, Recent Developments in the Financial Sector,
Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments, Financial Inclusion- use of technology, Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector,
The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission,
Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM), Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI - components and trends.
2.Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal, Potential appraisal and development, Feedback and Performance Counselling,
Career Planning, Training and Development, Rewards, Employee Welfare.
Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication;
upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Books for RBI Grade B Exam 2019
RBI Grade B Exam is not an easy test to crack without proper preparation and planning. Some useful reference books to aid preparation for RBI Grade B Exam are listed below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Indian Economy||Uma Kapila (Series of Books)|
|Indian Economy||Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)|
|Growth And Development||Devraj Ray|
|Sociology||C.N. Shankar Rao|
|Financial Management||Prasanna Chandra|
|Public Finance||K K Andley and Sundaram|
|Economic Growth and Development||Mayer and Baldwin|
|Indian Economy||R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram|
|Indian Economy||Mishra and Puri|
|Monetary Theory and Public Policy||Kenneth Kurihara|
|An introduction to Economics||A W Stonier and D C Hauge|
|Suggested reading material for RBI Grade B Examination: Officers in GR B (DR)-General: Leading Dailies like Economic Times/Hindu/Business Standard News Publications/Bulletins/Reports: Economic and Political Weekly/Southern Economist/Yojana/Business India/RBI Bulletins Reports: Economic Survey of India/World Development Report|
Suggested reading material for RBI Grade B Examination: Officers in GR B (DR)-DEPR/DISM: RBI publications like Annual Report, Monetary Policy Report and the Financial Stability Report, Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India, and the Economic Survey published by the GOI in last couple of years. Major Economic and Political News Publication
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Result
RBI Grade B Result 2019 is now available on the official website of the bank. RBI Grade B Result of main exam for DR-General has been published on December 18, 2019, however, the marks secured in Prelims, Main exam and Interview will be available on the Bank's website only after the declaration of the final result.
- Candidates, who secure minimum marks as prescribed by the Board in main exam will be shortlisted for the interview round.
- The ‘corrected-scores’ obtained by each of the candidates in different phases of RBI Grade B Examination 2019 will be normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as in aggregate, as may be prescribed by the Board.
- Candidates who qualify for subsequent rounds would be sent notifications via E-mail/ SMS to download Admission Letters or Interview Call Letters.
Steps to Check RBI Grade B Result
- Visit the official website rbi.org.in
- Click the link “Result of RBI Grade B Examination 2019”.
- Enter Name and Roll Number.
- Download and Print Result for future reference
RBI Grade B 2019 Interview
- Candidates are shortlisted for the interview based on total score obtained in Main exam of all categories.
- Cutoff score for selection in Main exam will be finalized by the Board based on number of vacancies.
- List of candidates selected for interview will be published on the official website and interview Call letters will be sent on candidates registered email ID.
- Interview Round will carry 50 marks.
- Candidates may opt for interview either in Hindi or English.
- Final Selection will be through merit list prepared by the Board by adding up Main exam and Interview marks secured by candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College