RBI Grade B Examination 2019: Exam Dates, Application Form & Eligibility
RBI (Reserve Bank of India), recruits personnel across different levels to handle operations within the organization. RBI Grade B Examination 2019 is a recruitment drive to select candidates for the posts of Officers in Grade ‘B’ (General) - DR, DEPR and DSIM in Common Seniority Group (CSG) Streams for the year 2019-2019. RBI Grade B exam is a national level competitive test and the Reserve Bank of India Services Board conducts the test annually.
|RBI Grade B 2019 Application Forms||RBI Grade B Admit Card||RBI Grade B Exam Pattern||RBI Grade B Result|
- RBI Grade B Examination 2019 tentatively scheduled for the month of June 2019.
- Recruitment drive is split into three phases: Prelims, Mains and Interview. Only successful candidates from each stage qualify for the next phase.
- RBI Grade B Exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode (vary according to the posts).
- For latest notifications, candidates can visit on www.rbi.org.in
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Highlights
|Date of RBI Grade B Examination 2019||June 2019|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India Services Board|
|Mode of Exam||Combination of Online as well as Offline modes|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes for Prelims 270 minutes for Mains|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Nationality, Age and Academic qualification; eligibility will vary for different category of posts.|
|Number of Posts||approximately 145|
RBI Grade B Examination Dates 2019
The official notification for RBI Grade B 2019 Examination is expected to release in the 1st week of May 2019. Meanwhile, candidates can have a look at the tentative schedule based on the dates from previous year exam schedule.
|Official Notification of RBI Grade B 2019||1st Week of May 2019|
|Start Date of Online Registration and payment of Application Fee||1st Week of May 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration and submission of Online Fee||4th Week of May 2019|
|Issue Date of RBI Grade B Exam Phase-I Admit Card 2019||1st Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for Phase-I Exam||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Result Date of Phase-I||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Issue Date of Admit Card for Phase-II Exam||4th Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for Phase-II Exam||1st Week of July 2019|
|Exam Result of Phase-II||2nd Week of July 2019|
|RBI Grade B Interview Date||August – October 2019|
|Final Result Declaration||November – 2019|
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must meet the eligibility guidelines issued by RBI before applying online. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limit and academic qualification of a candidate is discussed below:
I. Nationality: To appear for RBI Grade B Examination 2019, a candidate must be either: —
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
1. The minimum age limit for candidates to apply is 21 years while the upper age limit is 30 years as on May 1, 2019. For candidates with M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualifications, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
2. Candidates falling under reserved category are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per Government of India norms.
III. Educational Qualifications: The educational qualifications as prescribed by the Board for the RBI Grade B Examination 2019:
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications (as on 01-05-2017)|
|1. Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - (General)|
|2. Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) – DEPR|
|3. Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM||Essential: A Master's Degree in Statistics/Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/Statistics & Informatics/Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or an equivalent grade; OR
IV. Number of Attempts: If General Category candidates have already appeared 6-times for Phase-I Exam of this post in the past, then they would be considered ineligible to apply. However, there are no such restriction in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD if the posts are reserved for them
RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Application Form
RBI Grade B Examination 2019 can be fill through online mode only on the official website. Candidates willing to apply for posts in both Gr. B (DR)-General and Gr B (DR) DEPR / DSIM need to apply separately for each position along with requisite application fees
Steps involved in the online Application Process:
- Visit the official website www.rbi.org.in and click on the link “Recruitment for the post of Officers in Gr. B (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM”
- Separate links for Online applications for Gr B -(DR)-General and Online applications for DEPR/DSIM would be displayed.
- For fresh registration, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system.
- An Email & SMS is sent to registered email ID and a Mobile number containing Registration number and Password.
- Fill the remaining details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of candidates’ recent photograph and signature with following specifications:
|Applicant’s recent, color, passport-size photograph with a light, preferably white background|
Image dimensions: 200X230 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: not more than 50KB
|Applicant’s signature on a white paper with black ink|
Image dimensions: 140X60 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: not more than 20K
- Next, application fee has to be deposited using Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- Candidates must obtain and preserve the ‘e-receipt’ as proof of successful fee payment.
- Finally, choose "SAVE AND NEXT" and verify the details in the form before submission.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Application Fee
Application Fee for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 has to be paid in online mode only. Fee payable for various categories is indicated in the table below:
|SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|GEN/OBC||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|
- Candidates must obtain the print-out of duly filled RBI Grade B Exam Application Form for future correspondence.
- No separate facility to make changes in the form will be available after submission of form.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee/Intimation charges waiver is applicable only for the RBI Staff who meet specific eligibility criteria stipulated in the circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Admit Card
- Successful applicants for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 are issued an e-Admission Letter two week prior to exam date.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of bank.
- Candidates should check the e- Admission Letter carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of Board immediately.
Supporting Documents to be furnished along with Admission Letter:
- In addition to the Admission Letter, candidates need to present a valid Photo ID proof issued by the GOI or the State Government (original as well as a photocopy) for verification.
- Acceptable photo ID proofs are PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph etc.
RBI Grade B Examination 2019: Exam Center
- For RBI Grade B Examination 2019, candidates can choose one center for Phase-I and one center for Phase–II separately in the online application form
- Allotment of RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Exam Centers will be on the "first-apply-first-allot" manner based on availability.
- Online Examination Centers for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Phase – I and Phase II will be conducted in approximately 158 and 20 locations respectively, across the country
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for RBI Grade B Exam will vary according to the posts candidates wish to apply for:
- Selection for Officers in GR B (DR)-General
|Phase-I Online Examination|
|-||Objective||200||120 minutes||English Language General Awareness Quantitative Aptitude Reasoning|
|Phase-II Online Examination|
|Economic and Social Issues||Objective||100 marks each||90 Minutes each||-|
|English||Descriptive (Answers need to be typed with a keyboard)|
|Finance and Management||Objective|
- Selection for Officers in GR B (DR)-DEPR/DISM
|Phase – I: Paper-I|
|Phase – II: Paper-II|
|Economics/Statistics||Descriptive (Answers to be written on paper to questions displayed on the computer screen)||100||180 Minutes||-|
|Phase – II: Paper-III|
|English||Descriptive (Answers need to be typed on to computer screen)||100||180 Minutes||-|
List of Recommended Books for RBI Grade B Exam 2019:
RBI Grade B Exam is not an easy test to crack without proper preparation and planning. Some useful reference books to aid preparation for RBI Grade B Exam are listed below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Indian Economy||Uma Kapila (Series of Books)|
|Indian Economy||Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)|
|Growth And Development||Devraj Ray|
|Sociology||C.N. Shankar Rao|
|Financial Management||Prasanna Chandra|
|Public Finance||K K Andley and Sundaram|
|Economic Growth and Development||Mayer and Baldwin|
|Indian Economy||R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram|
|Indian Economy||Mishra and Puri|
|Monetary Theory and Public Policy||Kenneth Kurihara|
|An introduction to Economics||A W Stonier and D C Hauge|
|Suggested reading material for RBI Grade B Examination: Officers in GR B (DR)-General: Leading Dailies like Economic Times/Hindu/Business Standard News Publications/Bulletins/Reports: Economic and Political Weekly/Southern Economist/Yojana/Business India/RBI Bulletins Reports: Economic Survey of India/World Development Report|
Suggested reading material for RBI Grade B Examination: Officers in GR B (DR)-DEPR/DISM: RBI publications like Annual Report, Monetary Policy Report and the Financial Stability Report, Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India, and the Economic Survey published by the GOI in last couple of years. Major Economic and Political News Publication
Check RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Result
No score cards will be issued for successful candidates after announcement of RBI Grade B Result. Marks obtained in RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Phase-I will be available on the website after selection of candidates for Phase-II exam. However, the marks secured in Phase-II Exam and Interview will be available on the Bank's website only after the declaration of the final result.
- Candidates, who secure minimum marks as prescribed by the Board in Phase I exam will be shortlisted for the Phase II.
- The ‘corrected-scores’ obtained by each of the candidates in different phases of RBI Grade B Examination 2019 will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as in aggregate, as may be prescribed by the Board.
- Shortlisted candidates for Phase-II exam will be published on the official website within a week of Phase-I exam.
- Candidates who qualify for subsequent rounds would be sent notifications via E-mail/SMS to download Admission Letters or Interview Call Letters.
Steps to check result are:
- Visit the official website rbi.org.in
- Click the link “Result of RBI Grade B Examination 2019”.
- Enter Name and Roll Number.
- Download and Print Result for future reference
RBI Grade B 2019 Interview
- Candidates are shortlisted for the interview based on total score secured in Phase-II Exam of all categories.
- Cut-off score for selection in Phase-II exams will be finalized by the Board based on number of vacancies.
- List of Candidates selected for interview will be published on the official website and interview Call letters will be sent on candidates registered email ID.
- Interview will carry 50 marks.
- Candidates may opt for interview either in Hindi or English.
- Final Selection will be through merit list prepared by the Board by adding up Phase-II exam and interview marks secured by candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College