RPET 2019 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
RPET or Rajasthan Pre-Engineering Test is a state level offline entrance exam organized by Rajasthan Board of Technical Education. It is held for admission to UG level engineering courses. The official notification for RPET is generally released in the month of March. RPET 2019 is expected to be conducted in May 2019.
RPET registration process is expected to begin from March 2019 till mid of April 2019. The application fee for RPET 2019 is INR 700. It can be paid either online or by E-Mitra Kiosk. RPET Admit Card will be available online from May 2019.
RPET Question Paper contains 120 objective type questions to be solved in 3 hours. There are questions in both English and Hindi for all the three subjects in RPET. Candidates can check the RPET Result for Engineering on the official website in the third week of May 2019.
RPET counselling process will commence from the last week of May 2019. Applicants who successfully qualify the exam are required to register themselves by filling a form and making the necessary counselling fee payment by June 2019.
RPET 2019 Exam Dates
The official notification for RPET Engineering is expected to be released in the month of March 2019. It is conducted for admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes. RPET Application form will be available from March 2019. The tentative RPET Exam Dates are tabulated below:
|RPET Application form will be available from||Last week of March 2019|
|Last Date to pay RPET Application Fee||Mid-week of April 2019|
|Last Date to fill the RPET Application Form||Mid-week of April 2019|
|RPET Admit Card can be downloaded from||First week of May 2019|
|RPET will be conducted on||Mid-week of May 2019|
|RPET Result will be announced on||Third week of May 2019|
RPET 2019 Eligibility
The candidates must check the RPET 2019 Eligibility criteria before applying. It is important for the candidate to ensure that he satisfies all requirements. The detailed RPET Engineering 2019 eligibility criteria are given below:
- The candidate must have passed Class XII of Board of Secondary Education or equivalent exam with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Non creamy layer OBC/ Non creamy layer SBC candidates of Rajasthan State)
- The candidate must have taken up Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects in 10+2 and either one of Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science and Biology.
- The candidate must have passed each one of these subjects with the stated percentage.
- The date of birth of the candidate must fall on or after October 01, 1990 for them to be eligible. However, in the case of SC, ST and PWD candidates, this limit is relaxed and the date of birth may fall on or after October 01, 1985 for them to be eligible.
- A doctor must declare the candidate medically fit to pursue an Engineering degree and the applicant must satisfy some medical requirements as well to be eligible, such as –
- Height of male candidates should not be less than 1.5 m and of female candidates should not be less than 1.4 m.
- Weight should not be less than 41 kg for male candidates and 37 kg for female candidates.
- For male candidates, Chest Measurement should not be less than 69 cm with satisfactory limits of expansion and contraction.
- No abnormality should be present in heart and lungs of the candidate.
- Presence of any of Hernia, Hydrocele and Piles would have to be corrected before joining the course.
- The candidate’s vision must be normal. If found defective, it would have to be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse eye.
- Eyes of the candidate should not suffer from congenital or other diseases. For Mining Engineering courses, the candidate must not be colour-blind.
- Candidate’s ability to hear must be normal and if not, it would have to be corrected.
- Speech of the candidate must be normal.
Only candidates with a Rajasthan Domicile will be eligible for RPET 2019. There are various domicile categories for this purpose and they are mentioned below.
|Domicile Category A||The candidate (or any of his natural parents) is a bonafide resident of Rajasthan.|
|Domicile Category B||The candidate has studied continuously in a recognized educational institution in Rajasthan for Class X, XI and XII.|
|Domicile Category C||Candidate is a child of either a serving employee or of a retired employee of any of the following: 1. Government of Rajasthan (including officers of All India Service borne on the State cadre of Rajasthan) 2. Undertakings/ Corporations/ Improvement Trusts/ Municipal Boards/Panchayat Samities / Co-operative Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan. 3. Statutory Bodies and Corporations formed under the Indian Companies Act incorporated in Rajasthan.|
|Domicile Category C||The candidate is an offspring of an employee of any of the Universities in Rajasthan or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or Government aided Engineering Colleges of Rajasthan. The parent must have put in at least three years’ service on the date of submission of application.|
|Domicile Category C||The candidate is the child of an employee of Central Government or Institutions of the Central Government and who is on the regular rolls and is serving in the State of Rajasthan on the date of application.|
|Domicile Category C||The candidate is the child of an employee of Rajasthan origin, serving in Defence / Central Government services/Public Sector undertakings/National Institutes of Government of India and who has put in at least three years’ service on the last date for submission of application.|
RPET 2019 Application Process
As soon as the notification of RPET 2019 is released, the candidates must be alert about checking the official website frequently for start of registration process.
The steps to follow for the application process of RPET 2019 are given below:
- Visit the official website of Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan
- Click on the link for online registration of RPET 2019.
- Provide the requisite details such as name, date of birth, academic qualifications, correspondence address, email and contact.
- Upload your photograph and signature according to the specifications mentioned.
- Pay the application fee and note the unique transaction id for future reference.
- Verify all details filled and make necessary changes if something is wrong.
- Take a print out of the final application form and click on submit.
RPET Application Fee
The application form fee is Rs. 700 (may be increased) and the candidates can pay it either via E-Mitra Kiosk or online using a credit / debit card or net banking.
If the candidate chooses to pay via E-Mitra, then he would have to contact the E-Mitra Kiosk Centre and pay the fee along with a nominal service charge. Then, he would be given a receipt containing the 12/16-digit Token number that the candidate must keep safe.
If the fee is paid online using either a card or net banking, then a Transaction Id will be generated and the candidate must save it as proof of payment for future use.
RPET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card is a very important document that the candidate must carry on the day of the exam. It contains information such as the candidate’s name and photograph, his roll number, exam date and time, venue of the exam and some general information. Candidates must ensure that they keep the RPET 2019 Hall Ticket safe until the admission process is over.
Steps to download RPET Engineering 2019 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of RPET 2019.
- Enter your login credentials – date of birth / registration number and password.
- Click on the link “Download Admit Card”.
- View and save your RPET 2019 hall ticket.
RPET 2019 Exam Centres
The exam for RPET 2019 will be conducted in various test centres all over the country. Candidates must have complete knowledge regarding the location of examination centres. The comprehensive list of RPET Engineering 2019 test cities is given below.
RPET 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates must acquaint themselves with the exam pattern for RPET 2019 before they appear for the test. The test will be conducted in the month of May 2019.
RPET 2019 Syllabus consists of the entire Class XI and Class XII syllabus.A thorough knowledge regarding the topics covered and the test pattern will ensure that the candidate’s preparation proceeds in the correct direction. The RPET Engineering 2019 exam pattern is summarised below.
|Mode of exam||Offline or Pen and Paper Based|
|Format of exam||Objective Type questions|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||120|
|Subjects||Physics, Mathematics, Optional Subject|
|Question from each section||40|
|Language of exam||Available in both English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer, No negative marking for wrong answer|
RPET 2019 Result
Candidates can check their RPET 2019 results on the official website. Those candidates who have scored the minimum cut-off and managed to qualify the exam will be invited for further rounds of counselling process. The process to check the result is given below.
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link “RPET 2019 Result” Note that this may be worded differently.
- Enter your roll number and hit the submit button.
- View and save the score card.
- Take a print out of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
RPET Engineering 2019 Merit List
The merit list for RPET 2019 will be declared as soon as the results are announced. The merit list consists of the names and roll numbers of those candidates who have successfully qualified the RPET exam.
It may be noted that two different merit lists will be prepared for the purpose of counselling. One will be based on RPET 2019 score and the other will be based on Class XII. The candidates will be allowed to participate in the process of seat allotment for seats from any one of the two merit lists.
In case two or more candidates are found to secure equal overall marks in RPET 2019, their merit will be decided by the following rules:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics in RPET 2019 will be considered first.
- In case marks in Mathematics are also equal, the marks obtained in Physics will be considered.
- If marks obtained in Physics are also equal, the age of the candidates will be considered and the older candidate will be ranked higher.
- If all factors mentioned above turn out to be exactly the same for the involved candidates, their ranks will be determined by randomization.
- When the seats have been filled with qualified students based on RPET score, seat allotment based on Class XII percentile will begin.
RPET 2019 Reservation
Some seats under RPET 2019 will be reserved for candidates belonging to categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), etc. Candidates wishing to claim such a favour must have requisite information about the Reservation Policy for RPET Engineering 2019 which is as described below.
|Category||Amount of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Non-creamy layer OBC||21%|
|Non-creamy layer SBC||5%|
|TSP||45% of prescribed 12% of ST quota, in all institutions where ST reservation is available|
|Physically Handicapped (PWD)||3%|
|Dependants of Defence Killed/Ex-servicemen / Gallantry award winners||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||5% of total intake capacity over and above the sanctioned strength in each of the institutions|
It may be noted that TSP refers to those candidates who come from notified areas of districts in Tribal Region such as Banswara, Dungarpur, Pratapgarh, Udaipur and Sirohi and belong to ST category. Also, there are various categories of defence persons and the distribution of priority among them is given below:
|Code||Category of Defence Person|
|EXS1||Killed in action|
|EXS2||Disabled in action and boarded out from service/Died while in service with death attributable to military service/Disabled in service and boarded out|
|EXS3||Gallantry Award Winners|
|Note: 50% of seats under this category are reserved for girl applicants.|
RPET 2019 Counselling
After the result and merit list for RPET Engineering 2019 are announced, the process of seat allotment will begin. The qualified candidates will be eligible for participating in the RPET 2019 counselling process. The various steps involved are described below.
Step 1- Choice filling and Locking
This is the first step of the counselling process and the candidates will be required to select the programme they want to be admitted in and the institute they wish to attend in the order of preference. There is no maximum limit for the number of choices and hence, candidates are advised to select as many options as possible. The candidate must remember to lock his choices before 5:00 pm of the last date.
Step 2- Seat Allotment
Based on the merit and choice of the candidate, the seats will be allotted. The allotment result will be available on the website and individual results will not be sent to the candidates. It may be noted that the seat allotment will be done in several rounds.
Step 3- First Round of Counselling
In this round, all the seats that are available will be allotted to the candidates and the result will be announced on the website. Candidates will be required to report to the allotted institute according to the schedule specified along with the necessary documents. Candidates can also apply for upward movement in further rounds of counselling.
- Second round of Counselling
In the second round, there will no fresh filling of choices. Seats will again be allotted to the candidates based on availability and merit. The earlier seats of those candidates, who applied for upgrade in previous round and got allotted a higher seat, will become available for further rounds.
- Third round of Counselling
In this round, candidates will be allowed to fill fresh choices for vacant seats. Those candidates who reported in earlier rounds of counselling will be considered out of the counselling process. Also, those applicants, who did not report in earlier rounds but wish to participate again in further rounds, will have to register as a new candidate.
- Fourth round of Counselling
This round will allot seats to candidates who requested for an upgrade in third round of counselling. The candidates who are registered but haven’t got an allotment will also be allotted seats in this round.
- Fifth round of Counselling or Special round
In this round, allotment will be done for any seats that are still remaining. Candidates who registered in previous rounds but got no allotment can participate in this round. Also, new candidates can register for this round after payment of the specified fee.
List of documents to be carried at the time of reporting at the allotted institute is given below:
- Scanned image of Candidate’s Photograph in jpg format (up to 100 KB)
- Scanned image of Candidate’s Signature in jpg format (up to 50 KB)
- Scanned images of mark sheets of X, XI and XII examination,
- Scanned image of mark sheet of score card
- Scanned images of documents related to domicile of Rajasthan and reservation category
- Receipt issued by E-Mitra
- Mobile number of the candidate or nearest relative.
- KM category candidates will be required to upload a certificate issued by competent authority.
RPET 2019 Participating Colleges
There are several colleges that accept RPET Engineering 2019 score for admission into engineering courses. The list of government colleges in Rajasthan is given below:
- M.B.M. Engineering College, Jodhpur
- Government Engineering College, Bikaner
- Government Engineering College, Ajmer
- Government Engineering College, Bharatpur
- Government Engineering College, Banswara
The list of top 10 engineering colleges in Rajasthan is presented below:
- Swami Keshwanand institute of Technology, Management and Gramothan, SKIT, Jaipur
- Poornima College of Engineering
- APEX Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Global Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Arya College of Engineering and Information Technology, Jaipur
- Maharishi Arvind Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Jaipur
- JaganNath Gupta Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Jaipur
- Mahatma Gandhi Engineering College, Jaipur
- Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College