Table of Contents
SBI PO 2019 Final Result (Released), Cutoff and Allotment Letter
SBI PO 2019 is conducted to recruit Probationary Officers for branches of State Bank of India across the nation. This year, SBI has released 2000 vacancies for the post of PO. SBI PO Group Exercise and Interview was held on multiple days in September 2019. एसबीआई पीओ 2019 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- A total of 2201 candidates have been selected as probationary officers.
- SBI Final Cutoff will soon be released by the bank at its website.
- Successful candidates can download their SBI PO Allotment Letter by logging with their roll number and Date of birth.
- SBI PO Group exercise and Interview was the last stage of SBI PO Selection Process.
- SBI PO Main exam and Interview round have 75% and 25% weightage respectively in preparing the final merit list.
- Candidates having their names in the merit list will have to appear for document verification and final posting.
SBI PO 2019 Highlights
|Name of Exam||State Bank of India Probationary Officers Exam (SBI PO 2019)|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|SBI PO 2019 Selection Stages||Prelims, Main, Group Discussion/ Interview|
|Candidates Expected to Register for SBI PO 2019||Nearly 10 lakh|
|SBI PO Helpline||022 – 2282 0427|
SBI PO 2019 Vacancies
Below are the category – wise vacancies for Probationary Officers in SBI Bank across India, which can be modified by the bank without any prior notice:
SBI PO 2019 Exam Dates
|Availability of SBI PO 2019 Application Form||April 2 – 22, 2019|
|Call Letters for Pre-exam Training (SC/ST, Minorities)||May 7, 2019|
|Pre-exam Training Begins||May 10, 2019|
|Release of SBI PO 2019 Admit Card (Prelims)||May 17, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||June 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Result (Prelims)||June 29, 2019|
|Release of SBI PO 2019 Admit Card (Mains)||July 5, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Mains Exam Date||July 20, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Result (Main)|
August 24, 2019
|SBI PO 2019 Call Letter for Group Exercises and Personal Interview||August 2019|
|Date for SBI PO 2019 GE and Interview||September 2019|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2019 Final Result||October 19, 2019 (Released)|
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill certain eligibility conditions as laid down by SBI before applying for the PO post. Here are the basic SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- The applicants must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
- The final year graduates can also apply.
- Candidates must be between 21 to 30 years as on April 1, 2019.
- SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrantsget a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit
- OBC candidateswith upper age limit 33 years can apply for the exam
- PwD category candidates reserve a relaxation of 10- 15 years depending on the category.
Number of Attempts
- For General category- 4 attempts
- For General (PwD) category- 7 attempts
- OBC category- 7 attempts
- OBC (PwD)- 7 attempts
- SC/ST (PwD)- No restriction
- Defaulters in repayment of Loans/ Credit Card dues or those with adverse CIBIL reports or other external agencies will not be considered eligible for appointments.
- Candidates against whom there is an adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude is not eligible to apply for the post.
SBI PO 2019 Application Process
SBI PO 2019 Application Form was available on the official website – sbi.co.in from April 2, 2019. Follow the given below steps to fill the application form:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit the website – sbi.co.in
- Click on link “Career with us” on the home page
- Select ‘SBI PO 2019 Application Form’
- Fill the application form with complete details like as name, educational qualifications, address, mobile number, email, and other information.
Step 2 – Upload Images
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 230 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that, click ‘Submit’ to move to a fee payment window.
Step 3 – Pay Application Fee
- Application fee for general category, EWS and OBC are INR 750 and INR 125 for reserved categories.
- Pay the fee through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration id. Note it down.
SBI PO Pre-Exam Training
SBI provides pre-exam training as a part of government’s initiative to candidates belonging to SC/ST category or minority groups. The initiative has been taken to assist such aspirants in preparations if they cannot afford to enroll themselves at coaching centers.
- SBI PO Pre-exam training is usually a 6-day program which commenced on May 10, 2019.
- Interested candidates could apply for it and download the call letters from May 7, 2019.
- Pre-exam training for SBI PO 2019 is a kind of an orientation program for reserved and minority category candidates.
- In the training sessions, candidates are taught of some important questions and topics.
- The pre-exam training is conducted across India at different centers.
SBI PO 2019 Admit Card/ Call Letter
- For SBI PO exam, the admit card is released separately for all three stages viz. prelims, mains, and interview.
- All notifications related to admit card will be out on the official website i.e. sbi.co.in.
- The admit card for Group Exercise and Interview round was released in August, 2019
- All candidates need to carry their admit cards on the day of exam, failing which they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
How to Download SBI PO 2019 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. sbi.co.in
- Click on the link “SBI PO 2019 Admit card”
- Enter your registration number and DOB/Password
- Your admit card will appear on the screen
- Download it and take a print-out of the same
SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers
- Candidates will be given one of the SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers from their choices opted during the application process.
- The final exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates need to check the details and in case of any discrepancies, they need to contact the exam authorities immediately.
The list of centers is given below:
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
- Each stage in SBI PO 2019 exam has a different paper pattern.
- Stage 1 and 2 (Prelims and Mains) will be conducted in online mode.
- Phase 3 will be held face to face, i.e., Group Exercise and Personal Interview.
- The final selection is based on the overall performance of each stage.
Read below the complete SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||3 (English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)|
|Marks/Questions in each section||English language: 30, Quantitative aptitude: 35, Reasoning Ability: 35|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
|Question Type||Objective and Descriptive|
|Questions in each section||Objective : 155, Descriptive: 2|
|Time duration||Objective: 3 hours, Descriptive: 30 minutes|
|Sections in Objective Paper||4|
|Marks of Objective Type||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 60, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 60, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40, English language: 40|
|Time Allotted to Each Section||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 min, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 45 min, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40 min, English language: 40 min|
|Sections in Mains Descriptive||Letter writing and Essay|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Final Stage
|Final stage of SBI PO||Group Discussion and Interview|
|Marks in each section||GD: 20, Personal Interview: 30|
SBI PO Preparation Books
|SBI PO Solved Papers||Kiran Prakashan|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank||DishaPublications|
|Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM)||Ramesh Publishing House|
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
Here are all important topics that you need to study to score well in SBI PO. They are given stage-wise:
Section-wise SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for Prelims
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination|
|Reasoning Ability||Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Directions, and Distances, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Grouping, and Selection|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom meaning,|
Section-wise SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for Main Exam
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart (single or double), Tabular graph, Radar chart, Mixed graphs (a combination of any 2 of the above), Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing graphs|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Para jumbles, Odd one out/ Theme based questions, Statement and Paragraph Completion, Sentence Connectors|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs|
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for GD/ PI
|Topics for GD/PI|
|Is right to freedom being misused?||Cleanliness should be the fundamental duty of every citizen.|
|What are the merits and demerits of One Rank One Pension scheme?||What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA?|
|SBI Merger: Pros and cons?||What do you think about reservations in education and jobs?|
|How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?|
NSG is the need of the hour for India.
|Rail budget should have merged into the general budget much earlier.||Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching programs.|
|Is the government just renaming the old schemes?||Wind power Vs Solar Energy?|
SBI PO Main Paper Analysis
The sequence of sections in the paper was - Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness, and English Language.
- There were many new questions in the Reasoning & Computer Aptitude section, many new questions were asked.
- New type of Data Interpretation question dominated the Data Analysis & Interpretation section.
- Most of the questions in the English Language section were from Reading Comprehension.
- In the General Awareness section, 35 questions were asked from current affairs related to economy and finance world while only 5 questions were asked from static GK.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude was the toughest section while English was the easiest section.
Section-wise Paper Analysis
Candidates can check section-wise paper analysis, topics asked, their weightage and difficulty level of the questions from below:
Data Analysis and Interpretation
|Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty level of Questions|
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty level of Questions|
|Puzzle and Seating Arrangement||25||Difficult|
|Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty level|
|Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty level|
|RBI and Banking||12||Moderate|
Total Number of Good Attempts
|Data interpretation and analysis||14-15|
|Reasoning and computer amplitude||15-18|
|Overall good attempts||74-84|
SBI PO 2019 Result
- SBI PO 2019 Result is declared online on the official website for each stage of the exam.
- The result for prelims was declared on June 29, 2019, while main exam result has been declared on August 24, 2019.
- The final result has been released on October 19, 2019.
- In order to check the result, candidates need to visit the official website, enter their roll number/ registration number and DOB.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in all the sections of SBI PO 2019 will be normalized by the equi-percentile method.
- Only up to 2 decimal points, scores would be taken for the calculation.
How to Check SBI PO 2019 Result?
- Visit sbi.co.in
- Click on the “Careers” section
- Click on “Results” section
- Enter your roll number and DOB or enter your registration number and DOB
- You result card will appear on the screen
SBI PO 2019 Cutoff
- SBI will release category-wise final cutoff for SBI PO 2019 exam.
- This is based on the number of candidates who appear for the exam, a number of vacancies, previous year cut off, the difficulty level of the exam etc.
- On the basis of SBI PO 2019 cut-offs, candidates are chosen for the subsequent stage.
- Here are the cutoff marks of each category for SBI PO Prelims exam:
SBI PO 2019 Cutoff (Prelims)
|Category||Prelims Cut-off (Out of 100 marks)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||68.25|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||68.25|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||61.75|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||54.75|
SBI PO Selection Process 2019
Candidates in SBI PO recruitment are shortlisted upon their performances in the 3 stages mentioned below:
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- It is the very first stageof SBI PO 2019 Selection process.
- SBI PO Prelims is an online objective testof 1-hour duration.
- SBI PO Pre comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in all the sections to qualify for the next round.
SBI PO Main Examination
- The main examination is the second stage of the SBI PO 2019 recruitment process.
- It is a 200 marks examination, comprising of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness).
- Descriptive test of 50 marks would be conducted immediately after the objective test.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) are normalized using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to 2 decimal points are taken for the purpose of calculations.
- Candidates are shortlisted for interview by considering the scores obtained in the main examination.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who qualify the mains exam are eligible to appear for group discussion and interview.
- Post conduction of the interview, a combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview.
- The final list of the selected candidates is made upon the performance in mains and GD/ PI round only.
- It is published on the official website of the bank’s website and also in Employment Newspaper.
Download SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers
SBI PO 2019 FAQ's
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion to appear for examination?
Ans. Candidates having obtained Bachelors in any discipline from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for SBI PO Recruitment examination. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree certificate must ensure that the date of passing IDD is on or before July 01 of the year of appearing for the test. Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for final year examinations of graduation eligible to apply?
Ans. Yes, candidates appearing for final year exam are eligible to apply subject to the condition that they submit the proof of qualification at the time of document verification.
Ques. Is there any age criteria?
Ans. Candidates must have attained at least 21 years of age and should not be more than 30 years as on April 01 of the year of appearing for the test.
Ques. Is there any age relaxation for reserved categories?
Ans. Yes, applicants are provided age relaxation in upper age limit as per the following basis:
|Category||Relaxation in Upper Age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC- NCL||3 years|
|Persons with domicile of J & K during January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
Ques. What will the selection procedure for the post?
Ans. The selection procedure will be conducted in three stages:
- Online preliminary examination
- Online Mains Examination
- Group Discussions & Personal Interview
Ques. What will be the pattern of preliminary CBT?
Ans. The online prelims test will be based on the following pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||30||30|
Ques. What will be the duration of prelims test?
Ans. The preliminary test will be conducted for a composite duration of 60 minutes (1 hour).
Ques. What will be the pattern of Mains examination?
Ans. The Mains examination will be divided into two parts:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General & Banking Awareness||40||40|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60|
|Data Analysis Interpretation||35||60|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||35||40|
|Part B||Descriptive Writing||2||50|
Ques. What will be the duration of Mains test?
Ans. The composite duration of the test will be 3.5 hours.
Ques. Is the duration for Mains exams composite?
Ans. No, fixed time will be allotted for each section of the test as mentioned below:
|General & Banking Awareness||60 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis Interpretation||45 minutes|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Writing||30 minutes|
Ques. Will the descriptive test taken on the day of the objective test?
Ans. Yes, the descriptive test will be conducted immediately after the objective Mains examination.
Ques. Will the descriptive test be conducted offline?
Ans. No, the test will be conducted online only. Candidates are therefore advised to practice typing before they appear for the test.
Ques. What is the pattern of descriptive test?
Ans. The descriptive test will consist of two questions which include letter and essay. The test is of maximum 50 marks and must be attempted within 30 minutes duration.
Ques. What will be the maximum marks for GD & PI?
Ans. The maximum marks for Group Discussions and Personal Interview are 50 marks.
Ques. Is there any separate marks allotment for PI?
Ans. Yes, GD will be for 20 marks whereas PI is for maximum 30 marks.
Ques. What all will be included in Banking & General Awareness section?
Ans. The following topics will be included in the Banking & General Awareness:
- Banking & Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Government Schemes & Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
Ques. What is the application fee for SBI PO Examination?
Ans. Application fee for SBI PO varies according to the categories as given below:
|General/ OBC||INR 600|
|SC/ ST||INR 100|
Ques. How should the application fee be paid?
Ans. Application fee can be paid only online through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
Ques. When are admit cards expected to be released?
Ans. Admit cards are expected to be released at least 15 days before the examination.
Ques. Is there any sectional cut off in the test?
Ans. Yes, the exam conducting authority will release sectional as well as overall cut off. Only the candidates qualifying both cut-offs will be eligible to appear for further process.
Ques. What is the expected date for result declaration for prelims?
Ans. The result is expected to be declared within 20-30 days after successful conduction of exam.
Ques. What is the marking scheme in the test?
Ans. For each correct question, the candidate will be awarded 1 mark.
Ques. Is there negative marking for the wrong answers?
Ans. Yes, as a penalty for wrong answers, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ques. Can foreign national candidates apply for the test?
Ans. The exam conducting authority lays down certain nationality criteria for applicants, which includes the following:
- Citizens of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 01, 1962 with an intention to settle permanently in India
- Persons of Indian Origin who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi with an intention to settle permanently in India
Ques. What is the salary for SBI PO?
Ans. The basic grade pay is INR 27,620. Apart from this, the salary will include dearness allowance, city compensatory allowance, leased house accommodation, furniture allowance, medical allowance, travel allowance, etc.
Ques. Is the SBI PO exam bilingual?
Ans. Yes, the exam will be available in English and Hindi. Candidates may opt for language at the time of the test.
Ques. What all documents do I need to fill the application form?
Ans. Candidates will require following documents at the time of filling application form:
- Scanned signature
- Scanned colored photograph
Ques. Is there any limit to the maximum attempts for SBI PO Recruitment examination?
Ans. The maximum attempt limits vary according to the categories, as discussed below:
Ques. In case I have a problem in filling the application form, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates can consult the helpdesk in case of any queries. The helpdesk number is 022-22820427 between 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM on working days.
Ques. Do I need to carry any documents at the time of the exam?
Ans. Yes, candidates must carry the original and a copy of Photo ID Card along with the admit card. Candidates must submit card and copy of ID Proof to the invigilator at the examination centre.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College