SBI PO 2018: Admit Card, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
State Bank of India (SBI) conducts a national-level exam for recruitment of Probationary Officers (SBI PO). The exam is conducted in 3 main stages viz. Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Interview. Prelims round forms the basis of qualification to Mains, after which the shortlisted candidates appear for Group Discussion/ Interview. SBI PO 2018 Notification is expected to be released soon on the official website.
Latest: SBI PO Admit Card 2018 Released – Click Here
|SBI PO 2018 Eligibility||Preparation Books for SBI PO 2018||What is SBI PO Pre-exam Training|
How will SBI PO 2018 be carried out?
- Stage 1- SBI PO Prelims (objective questions of 100 marks)
- Stage 2- SBI PO Mains (objective questions of 200 marks and descriptive questions of 50 marks).
- Stage 3- Group discussion and Personal Interview (20 and 30 marks respectively)
- The final selection is based on the performance in stage 2 and 3.
- Results of final SBI PO Recruitment will come out in October 2018.
- Nearly 30 lakh candidates apply for SBI PO each year. Out of these, 6376 participate in Group Exercises and Interview round. Approximately 2403 candidates are finally recruited as Probationary Officers (PO).
SBI PO 2018 Highlights
|Name of Exam||State Bank of India Probationary Officers Exam (SBI PO)|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|SBI PO Selection Stages||Prelims, Mains, Group Discussion/ Interview|
|Candidates Expected to Register for SBI PO 2018||Around 30 lakh|
|Available Seats||2400 (expected)|
|SBI PO Helpline||022 – 2282 0427|
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Notification||March 2018|
|Availability of SBI PO 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Call Letters for Pre-exam Training (SC/ST, Minorities)||April 2018|
|Pre-exam Training Begins||April 2018|
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Admit Card (Prelims)||April 15, 2018- May 07, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Prelims Exam Date||April 29 & 30, 2018 and May 06 & 07, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Result (Prelims)||May 17, 2018|
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Admit Card (Mains)||May 22, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Mains Exam Date||June 04, 2018|
|SBI PO 2018 Result (Mains)|
July 4, 2018
|SBI PO Call Letter for Interview will be available from||June 26, 2018|
|Date for SBI PO 2018 Group Exercises and Interview||July 10, 2018|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2018 Final Result||October 2018|
Who Can Apply for SBI PO 2018?
Candidates must fulfil certain eligibility conditions as laid down by SBI before applying for the PO post. Here are the basic eligibility conditions:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- The applicants must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
- The final year graduates can also apply.
- Candidates must be between 21 to 30 years as on April 1, 2018.
- SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrants get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit
- OBC candidates with upper age limit 33 years can apply for the exam
- PwD category candidates reserve a relaxation of 10- 15 years depending on the category.
Number of Attempts
- For General category- 4 attempts
- For General (PwD) category- 7 attempts
- OBC category- 7 attempts
- OBC (PwD)- 7 attempts
- SC/ST (PwD)- No restriction
- Defaulters in repayment of Loans/ Credit Card dues or those with adverse CIBIL reports or other external agencies will not be considered eligible for appointments.
- Candidates against whom there is/are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude are not eligible to apply for the post.
Steps to Register for SBI PO 2018
SBI PO 2018 Application Form will be available from March 2018 onwards in online mode only. Follow the following steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the website www.sbi.co.in
- Click on link “Career with us” on the home page
- Select ‘SBI PO 2018 Application Form’
- Fill Application Form with complete details like as name, educational qualifications, address, mobile number, email and other information.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that, click ‘Submit’ to move to fee payment window.
Pay Application Fee
- Application fee for General Category is INR 600 and INR 100 for reserved categories.
- Pay the fee online and submit.
- Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration id. Note it down.
Pre-Exam Training for Reserved Category Candidates
SBI provides pre-exam training as a part of government’s initiative to candidates belonging to SC/ST category or minority groups. The initiative has been taken to assist such aspirants in preparation if they cannot afford to enrol themselves at coaching centers.
- SBI PO Pre-exam training is usually a 6-day program.
- Interested candidates can apply for it and download the call letters as per the schedule given.
- Pre-exam training for SBI PO is a kind of an orientation program for reserved and minority category candidates.
- In the training sessions, candidates will be taught of some important questions and topics.
- The pre-exam training is conducted across India at different centers.
SBI PO 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- For SBI PO exam, the admit card is released separately for all three stages viz. prelims, mains, and interview.
- All notifications related to admit card will be out on the official website i.e. sbi.co.in.
- The admit card for Prelims is expected to be out in April 2018, while for Mains, it will release in May 2018.
- All candidates need to carry their admit cards on the day of the exam, failing to which they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
How to Download SBI PO 2018, Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. sbi.co.in
- Click on the link “SBI PO 2018 Admit card”
- Enter your registration number and DOB/Password
- Your admit card will appear on the screen
- Download it and take a print-out of the same
SBI PO 2018 Exam Centers
- Candidates will be given one of the SBI PO Exam Centers from their choices opted during the application process.
- The final exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates need to check the details and in case of any discrepancies, they need to contact the exam authorities immediately.
The list of centers is given below:
What is Exam Pattern of SBI PO 2018?
- Each stage in SBI PO 2018 exam has a different paper pattern.
- Stage 1 and 2 (Prelims and Mains) will be conducted in online mode.
- Phase 3 will be held face to face, i.e., Personal Interview.
- The final selection is based on the overall performance of each stage.
Read below the complete SBI PO Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||3 (English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)|
|Marks/Questions in each section||English language: 30, Quantitative aptitude: 35, Reasoning Ability: 35|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
|Question Type||Objective and Descriptive|
|Questions in each section||Objective : 155, Descriptive: 50|
|Time duration||Objective: 3 hours, Descriptive: 30 minutes|
|Sections in Objective Paper||4|
|Marks of Objective Type||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 60, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 60, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40, English language: 40|
|Time Allotted to Each Section||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 min, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 45 min, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40 min, English language: 40 min|
|Sections in Mains Descriptive||Letter writing and Essay|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Final Stage
|Final stage of SBI PO||Group Discussion and Interview|
|Marks in each section||GD: 20, Personal Interview: 30|
SBI PO Preparation Books
|SBI PO Solved Papers||Kiran Prakashan|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank||DishaPublications|
|Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM)||Ramesh Publishing House|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
Here are all important topics that you need to study to score well in SBI PO. They are given stage-wise:
Section-wise SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for Preliminary Round
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination|
|Reasoning Ability||Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Directions and Distances, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Grouping, and Selection|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom meaning,|
Section-wise SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for Mains
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart (single or double), Tabular graph, Radar chart, Mixed graphs (combination of any 2 of the above), Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing graphs|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Para jumbles, Odd one out/ Theme based questions, Statement and Paragraph completion, Sentence Connectors|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus for GD/ PI
|Topics for GD/PI|
|Is right to freedom being misused?||Cleanliness should be the fundamental duty of every citizen.|
|What are the merits and de-merits of One Rank One Pension scheme?||What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA?|
|SBI Merger: Pros and cons?||What do you think about reservations in education and jobs?|
|How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?|
NSG is the need of the hour for India.
|Rail budget should have merged into general budget much earlier.||Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching programs.|
|Is government just renaming the old schemes?||Wind power Vs Solar Energy?|
SBI PO 2018 Result
- SBI PO 2018 Result will be declared online on the official website for each stage of the exam.
- The result for Prelims will be declared in May 2018, while the mains result will be declared in June 2018.
- In order to check the result, candidates need to visit the site, enter their roll number/ registration number and DOB.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in all the sections of SBI PO will be normalized by the equi-percentile method.
- Only up to 2 decimal points, scores would be taken for the calculation.
How to Check SBI PO 2018 Result?
- Visit www.sbi.co.in
- Click on “Careers” section
- Click on “Results” section
- Enter your roll number and DOB or enter your registration number and DOB
- You result card will appear on the screen
What Will be Expected SBI PO 2018 Cut Off
- SBI releases a category-wise cutoff after each stage.
- This is based on the number of candidates who appearing for the exam, number of vacancies, previous year cut off, difficulty level of the exam etc.
- On the basis of SBI PO cut-offs, candidates are chosen for the subsequent stage.
- Here are the expected cut off marks of each stage for your reference:
SBI PO 2017 Cutoff for Prelims
|CATEGORY||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||REASONING ABILITY||QUANTITATIVE ABILITY||OVERALL CUT OFF MARKS|
|37.00 (VH)||15.75 (HI)|
SBI PO 2017 Cutoff for Mains
|CATEGORY||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||REASONING ABILITY & COMPUTER||DATA ANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION||GENERAL AWARENESS||OVERALL CUT OFF MARKS|
Final SBI PO 2018 Cut off
|Category||Cut off marks (Out of 100)|
Read Section-wise SBI PO Cut off
Selection Stages of SBI PO 2018
Candidates in SBI PO Recruitment are shortlisted upon their performances in the 3 stages mentioned below:
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- It is the very first stage of SBI PO Selection process.
- SBI PO Prelims is an online objective test of 1-hour duration.
- It would be conducted in April 2018.
- SBI PO Pre comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in all the sections to qualify for the next round.
SBI PO Main Examination
- Candidates shortlisted for the main examination have to appear for the same in June 2018.
- It is a 200 marks examination, comprising of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness).
- Descriptive test of 50 marks would be conducted immediately after the objective test.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) are normalised using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to 2 decimal points are taken for the purpose of calculations.
- Candidates are shortlisted for interview by considering the scores obtained in the main examination.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who qualify the Mains exam are eligible to appear for GD and interview.
- Post conduction of the interview, a combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview.
- The final list of the selected candidates is made upon the performance in Mains and GD/ PI round only.
- It is published on the official website of the bank’s website and also in Employment Newspaper.
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion to appear for examination?
Ans. Candidates having obtained Bachelors in any discipline from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for SBI PO Recruitment examination. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree certificate must ensure that the date of passing IDD is on or before July 01 of the year of appearing for test. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for final year examinations of graduation eligible to apply?
Ans. Yes, candidates appearing for final year exam are eligible to apply subject to the condition that they submit the proof of qualification at the time of document verification.
Ques. Is there any age criteria?
Ans. Candidates must have attained at least 21 years of age and should not be more than 30 years as on April 01 of the year of appearing for the test.
Ques. Is there any age relaxation for reserved categories?
Ans. Yes, applicants are provided age relaxation in upper age limit as per following basis:
|Category||Relaxation in Upper Age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC- NCL||3 years|
|Persons with domicile of J & K during January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
Ques. What will the selection procedure for the post?
Ans. The selection procedure will be conducted in three stages:
- Online preliminary examination
- Online Mains Examination
- Group Discussions & Personal Interview
Ques. What will be the pattern of preliminary CBT?
Ans. The online prelims test will be based on following pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||30||30|
Ques. What will be the duration of prelims test?
Ans. The preliminary test will be conducted for a composite duration of 60 minutes (1 hour).
Ques. What will be the pattern of Mains examination?
Ans. The Mains examination will be divided in two parts:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General & Banking Awareness||40||40|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60|
|Data Analysis Interpretation||35||60|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||35||40|
|Part B||Descriptive Writing||2||50|
Ques. What will be the duration of Mains test?
Ans. The composite duration of the test will be 3.5 hours.
Ques. Is the duration for Mains exams composite?
Ans. No, fixed time will be allotted for each section of the test as mentioned below:
|General & Banking Awareness||60 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis Interpretation||45 minutes|
|English Language & Reading Comprehension||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Writing||30 minutes|
Ques. Will the descriptive test taken on the day of objective test?
Ans. Yes, the descriptive test will be conducted immediately after the objective Mains examination.
Ques. Will the descriptive test be conducted offline?
Ans. No, the test will be conducted online only. Candidates are therefore advised to practice typing before they appear for the test.
Ques. What is the pattern of descriptive test?
Ans. The descriptive test will consist two questions which includes letter and essay. The test is of maximum 50 marks and must be attempted within 30 minutes duration.
Ques. What will be the maximum marks for GD & PI?
Ans. The maximum marks for Group Discussions and Personal Interview is 50 marks.
Ques. Is there any separate marks allotment for PI?
Ans. Yes, GD will be for 20 marks whereas PI is for maximum 30 marks.
Ques. What all will be included in Banking & General Awareness section?
Ans. The following topics will be included in the Banking & General Awareness:
- Banking & Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Government Schemes & Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
Ques. What is the application fee for SBI PO Examination?
Ans. Application fee for SBI PO varies according to the categories as given below:
|General/ OBC||INR 600|
|SC/ ST||INR 100|
Ques. How should the application fee be paid?
Ans. Application fee can be paid only online through Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
Ques. When are admit cards expected to be released?
Ans. Admit cards are expected to be released at least 15 days before the examination.
Ques. What is the expected overall cut off for SBI PO 2018 prelims examinations?
Ans. The cut off for SBI PO 2018 is expected to be around that of 2017 as given below:
|Category||English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Overall|
Ques. Is there any sectional cut off in the test?
Ans. Yes, the exam conducting authority will release sectional as well as overall cut off. Only the candidates qualifying both cut offs will be eligible to appear for further process.
Ques. What is the expected cut off for SBI PO 2018 Mains examinations?
Ans. Candidates can go through 2017 Mains cut off to have an idea about the expected cut off for SBI PO 2018:
|Category||Descriptive English Test||Objective Test|
Ques. What is the expected date for result declaration for prelims?
Ans. The result is expected to be declared within 20-30 days after successful conduction of exam.
Ques. What is the marking scheme in the test?
Ans. For each correct question, candidate will be awarded 1 mark.
Ques. Is there negative marking for the wrong answers?
Ans. Yes, as a penalty for wrong answers, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ques. Can foreign national candidates apply for the test?
Ans. The exam conducting authority lays down certain nationality criteria for applicants, which includes the following:
- Citizens of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 01, 1962 with an intention to settle permanently in India
- Persons of Indian Origin who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi with an intention to settle permanently in India
Ques. What is the salary for SBI PO?
Ans. The basic grade pay is INR 27,620. Apart from this, the salary will include Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Leased House Accommodation, Furniture Allowance, Medical allowance, Travel allowance, etc.
Ques. Is the SBI PO exam bilingual?
Ans. Yes, the exam will be available in English and Hindi. Candidates may opt for language at the time of test.
Ques. What all documents do I need to fill the application form?
Ans. Candidates will require following documents at the time of filling application form:
- Scanned signature
- Scanned colored photograph
Ques. Is there any limit to the maximum attempts for SBI PO Recruitment examination?
Ans. The maximum attempt limits varies according to the categories, as discussed below:
Ques. In case I have problem in filling the application form, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates can consult the helpdesk in case of any queries. The helpdesk number is 022-22820427 between 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM on working days.
Ques. Do I need to carry any documents at the time of exam?
Ans. Yes, candidates must carry an original and a copy of Photo ID Card along with the admit card. Candidates must submit card and copy of ID Proof to the invigilator at the examination centre.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College