SET and SLAT 2021 will now be held from July 10 to July 12, 2021, in home-based remote proctored mode using the tools of AI (Artificial Intelligence). SLAT and SEED are conducted for admission in Law and Design courses respectively. Check SEED 2021 Counselling Dates.
Candidates with 50% marks (45% for ST/ST) in 10+2 level in any stream from a recognized board could apply for SET 2021. Candidates must note that now SET, SITEEE, & SLAT 2021 exams will be conducted in Internet proctored mode, while SEED 2021 exam has been cancelled by the authorities. SEED candidates will now be admitted on the basis of Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction and the last date to register for the same was May 31, 2021. SEED Admit Card has been released. Symbiosis SET Syllabus varies for each paper and negative marking is not applicable for any paper. Check SET 2021 Syllabus
SET Latest Updates:
- July 9: SLAT 2021 will be conducted from July 10 to 12, 2021 in remote proctored mode.
- July 9: NBE has announced date for the issue of passing certificate for July session.
- July 7: SET/ SLAT 2021 Dry Run Check last date is today.
- July 2: SEED result announced for B.Des admissions.
There are four Symbiosis Entrance Tests:
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE)
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a general term used for the entrance exams conducted by the Symbiosis Institute (Deemed University) for admission into bachelors’ programs into their various branches.
Symbiosis Entrance Test 2021 Highlights
|SET Full Form||Symbiosis Entrance Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Symbiosis International University|
|Category of the Exam||UG|
|Courses Offered||B.A LL.B, B.B.A LL.B, B.Des, BCA, BBA, BBA (IT), B.A. (Mass Comm.), B.A. (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Economics), B.Sc (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Culinary Arts) & B.Tech|
|Stream||Law, Design, Engineering, Management and Arts|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
Symbiosis SET 2021 Exam Dates
|Events||Symbiosis Entrance Test Dates|
|SET 2021 Registration opens||February 18, 2021|
|SITEEE 2021 Registration closes||June 15, 2021|
|SET (General) 2021 Registration closes||June 28, 2021|
|SLAT 2021 Registration closes||June 28, 2021|
|SITEEE 2021 Admit Card||June 21, 2021|
|SITEEE Dry Run Check||June 23, 2021|
|SITEEE 2021 Exam Date||June 28, 2021|
|SET 2021 Admit Card|| |
June 29 – July 1, 2021
|Internet Readiness Check (IRC) Process||June 28 to July 1, 2021|
|SET Slot Booking 2021||June 29 to July 1, 2021|
|SEED result||July 1, 2021|
|SET Dry Run Check (DRC)||July 4 to July 7, 2021|
|SLAT Dry Run Check (DRC)||July 4 to July 6, 2021|
|SET 2021 Exam Date|
|SLAT 2021 Exam Date||July 10 to July 12, 2021|
|SET/ SLAT 2021 Results|| |
July 27, 2021
|SITEEE 2021 Result||July 9, 2021|
Symbiosis Entrance Test - Courses Offered
|Exam||Symbiosis Branch||Courses Offered|
|SLAT (SET-Law)||SLS Pune, SLS Noida, SLS Hyderabad, and SLS Nagpur||B.A.LL.B (Hons.), B.B.A.LLB (Hons.), B.A.LL.B, B.B.A.LLB|
|SET A (SET-General)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication, SSE: Symbiosis School of Economics, Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts, Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts||BCA, BBA (IT), B.A. (M.C), B.Sc.(Economics Hons), Bachelor of Arts/Science (B.A/B.Sc - Liberal Arts) Hons, B.Sc. (Culinary Arts), B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)|
|SET B (SET-General)||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies- Pune, Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-Noida, Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-Nagpur||BBA|
|SITEEE (SET-Engineering)||SIT: Symbiosis Institute of Technology||B. Tech. (Computer Science / Electronics and Telecommunications / Information Technology / Mechanical / Civil)|
Symbiosis SET 2021 Application Form
Symbiosis SET 2021 Application Form can be filled in online mode only. SET Application form is available on the official website – set-test.org from February 18, 2021, onwards.
SET Application Form Filling Process
- Visit the official website i.e. set-test.org
- Click ‘Register Now’ on the upper right side of the page.
- Select ‘New Registration’ and fill in the details (Personal/ Aadhaar/ Test Center/ Academic) and upload your Photo.
- Online payment should be made through credit/ debit or net banking options.
- Once the payment is made, the receipt confirmation page will pop up.
- Save the page on desktop and take a printout of the same for future processing
Symbiosis SET 2021 Application Fee
- Symbiosis SET 2021 Application Fee is INR 1950.
- Symbiosis SITEEE 2021 Application Fee is INR 2000.
- Those applying for two exams have to pay an additional fee.
- INR 1000 has to be paid for each program.
- The fee amount is non-refundable.
- The category of candidates has no effect on the fee amount.
- The fee can be paid via online or offline mode as tabulated below:
|Mode of Payment||Options|
|Online||Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Indian Bank Net Banking|
|Offline||Cash/ Demand Draft|
Symbiosis SET Reservation: What to Know
- Candidates applying under reservation must submit required documents issued by the competent authority during the time of Pi and WAT.
- Candidates applying under Armed Forces Dependents will be taken under the OPEN or General category.
- PwD candidates must get disability authentication from the Symbiosis Centre of Health Care.
- Applicants whose reservation status falls under more than one category cannot choose more than one category at the time of registration.
- Candidates who enter incorrect data will have their admission canceled by SIU.
- Candidates domiciled in Nagpur for more than 5 years and have completed 10+2 level from Maharashtra Board will have 25 percent seats reserved. Such candidates must submit a domicile certificate (issued by a competent authority) and class 12 mark sheet (class 10 mark sheet for those appearing fr class 12.
Symbiosis SET – Reservation Policy
SIU offers the provision of reservations for candidates belonging to certain categories. This is in accordance with the UGC guideline 2006. The details of the reservation offered are given below:
|Reservation Intake||Percentage Reservation|
|Within the sanctioned intake||Scheduled Caste - 15 %|
|Scheduled Tribe - 7.5 %|
|Differently Abled - 3 %|
|Over and above the intake||Kashmir Migrants - 2 seats per programme|
|International Students – 15 %|
|Defence Quota||5 % for SLS PUNE and SICSR, SCMS Pune|
Symbiosis SET 2021 Eligibility
|Course(s)||SET Eligibility Criteria|
|BA LLB, BBA LLB|| |
|B.Des, BCA, BBA, BBA (IT), B.A. (Mass Comm.), B.A. (Liberal Arts), B.Sc (Economics), B.Sc (Liberal Arts) and B.Sc (Culinary Arts)|| |
Symbiosis SET 2021 Admit Card
- SET 2021 Admit Card will be available on the SET website after completion of the Application process
- Log into your account using your registered number and password
- Download the hall ticket and print it out, save a softcopy to your device and a cloud platform as well.
- Candidates appearing for multiple sessions will be given multiple admit cards which they have to carry during the exams.
How to download Symbiosis Admit Card?
Follow the steps given below to download Symbiosis SET Hall Ticket:
- Visit the official link.
- Click on “Symbiosis SET 2021 Admit Card Release”
- Enter your Symbiosis SET ID and DOB/ Password.
- View and save the admit card.
- Take a printout of the hall ticket and preserve it carefully.
Symbiosis SET Exam Day Checklist
Candidates appearing for Symbiosis SET exam must keep the following points in mind:
- Do Carry The Admit Card: Candidates appearing for this exam must carry a colored hard copy without which they will not be allowed to take the test. The hall ticket must have been printed on A4 size paper such that the photo of the candidate is clearly visible. Black and white admit cards will not be accepted. Those who are planning to appear for 2 different hall tickets for separate days.
- Exam Centre Guidelines: Reach the exam center of Symbiosis SET at least 2 hours before the commencement of the exam. This will help in the early verification of documents. Candidates are advised to visit the exam center at least a day before the exam. If your exam is scheduled for the morning session, you cannot enter after 9:15 and for the after session, no one can enter after 2:15.
- ID Documents: Only those ID cards issued by the government of India will be accepted. Examples include Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, or Driving License. Make sure that the photo on the id card is clear and matches the one affixed on the admit card.
- What To Carry and What To Avoid: Do not carry electronic devices such as a Bluetooth-enabled device, mobile phones, calculators, smart watches, etc. You will be provided with a rough paper for calculation, so no need to carry one.
Symbiosis SET 2021 Exam Centers
- The online mode examination for SET/ SLAT/ SEED/ SITEEE 2020 was conducted across 80 cities all over India.
- Depending on candidate preferences, more centers may be added for SET 2021.
- While filling in SET Application Form, you have to choose three preferences from the list of test centers.
Symbiosis SET Exam Pattern 2021
It is essential that candidates should develop a clear idea about the exam pattern before appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test. The examination will be conducted for four different programs namely General, Law, Engineering, and Design. Check Symbiosis SET Exam Pattern
General highlights common to all the papers are listed below:
- Mode of SET 2021: Online mode only
- Duration of Exam: duration of each test is 150 minutes. No extra time will be given for candidates reporting late at the exam center.
- Nature of Questions: Objective type, each question will have 4 responses. Choose the most appropriate one.
- SET Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
The number of sections in each question paper and the subjects tested vary depending on the type of paper. The total number of questions and total marks is also different.
SET 2021 Exam Pattern – SLAT (Revised)
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
SLAT Exam Day Guidelines
- Candidates must use a laptop or desktop with a webcam and mouse.
- Internet speed of 5 Mbps is desirable. A Mobile data pack is also suggested in case of wifi interruption.
- Recommended Operating System includes Windows 7, 10, and Ubuntu LINUX (14.1 and 16) version while iOS OS and iOS/Android are not supported
- Browser zoom must be at 100% and browser of Google chrome latest Version 83.0
- Any firewall or antivirus must be installed during the exam.
- A good keyboard and an uninterrupted power supply are mandatory.
- The laptop must be connected to the charger at all times.
How to Appear for SLAT 2021 Online Remote Proctored Exam
- Click on the link communicated to you and wait for the login screen.
- Login using username and password.
- 3 tabs; Application Summary, Online Assessment, and Helpdesk will be available. Select Online Assessment and then on launch.
- in Self-Registration and candidate consent screen, select camera from the dropdown.
- Allow the browser to use the device camera. Capture image and recapture if the red border is seen.
- Capture id after giving consent.
SET 2021 Exam Pattern – General Paper
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||40||40|
SET 2021 Exam Pattern – SITEEE
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
SET 2021 Exam Pattern – SEED
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
SET Preparation Tips for General English
- Reading is the solution to ace the English section. Do read books, magazines, newspapers, etc. You can choose the books/ magazines you find interesting if you find reading boring. Whenever you come across an unknown word, look it up in a dictionary and maintain a notebook for new words.
- When it comes to building a better vocabulary, try to understand the root meaning of similar types of words. Learn the meaning of suffixes or prefixes and find out more about the etymology of the word. There are many words that mean something entirely different when the context is changed, so focus on its origins usage, content, philology.
- Practice makes perfect, and this holds especially true for the English section. Candidates can start the preparation of SET by practicing and understanding the fundamentals. Understand the basics and learn the definitions with examples. Remember that questions like editing, omission, or one-word substitution are common in grammar questions.
- Developing the speed of your reading habit as this skill will prove to be very useful during the exam. The idea is to read faster at a limited time and answer the questions correctly without having to reread the passage.
- Keep on revising. This is an important point to ace any exam since most of us try to absorb a lot o information at once, it is only human to forget some of it. So keep on revising and solving practice papers of Symbiosis SET.
Symbiosis SET 2021 Results
The coordinating body will release Symbiosis results on the official website on July 8, 2021. Candidates must visit the portal to download the result. The merit list will be prepared in order of the marks scored by candidates.
Follow the steps given here to download Symbiosis SET 2021 Score Card:
- Visit the official Symbiosis SET website.
- Click on the link “Symbiosis SET 2021 Results”.
- Enter your Symbiosis SET ID and password.
- View and save your Symbiosis SET 2021 scorecard.
Symbiosis SET 2021 Counselling
- The counselling procedure for SET will commence in the month of June 2021.
- Candidates having their names in the merit list are eligible to participate in Symbiosis SET Counselling.
- In order to participate in the counselling, candidates must be physically present at the reporting centre.
- There will be further rounds of selection such as GD and PI.
- After all the rounds conclude, the final allocation of the seats will be done on the basis of their total score.
Documents Required for Symbiosis SET Counselling
- Class X marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Class XII marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Symbiosis SET 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card
- Migration and School Leaving Certificate
- Caste certificate
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2021 FAQs
Ques. When is SET Exam scheduled to take place?
Ans. SET is a common entrance test to enroll students in various undergraduate programs offered by Institutes under Symbiosis International University. SET 2021 is scheduled to take place from July 10 to July 13, 2021.
Ques. Which all Law Institutes accept SET Scores?
Ans. The scores accepting the scores of the SET exam are as follows:
SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Pune
SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Noida
SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
Ques. Are there any reservation criteria followed in Symbiosis SET 2021?
Ans. Yes, there is a reservation policy in the examination. For SC/ ST category candidates, 15% of seats are reserved
Ques. Can I register for Symbiosis SET in offline mode?
Ans. No, the application form will be available through online mode only. Payment of application fees can be done online or offline.
Ques. What is the procedure to book a slot for SET 2021 exam?
Ans. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to book their slot for SET 2021:
- Visit the official website of SET 2021
- Log in using your application number and password
- Click on the ‘Book Exam Slot’ tab and select the date and time of your choice.
- A confirmation mail will be sent on your registered email id.
Ques. Can I add another session in the application form once I have submitted the application?
Ans. No. Once Symbiosis SET Application Form is submitted, it is not possible to add a new session. You will have to register again i.e. you will have to fill in the application form again.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to appear for SET 2021. Will my application fee be refunded or not?
Ans. No, the application fee once paid by the candidate is non-refundable. Any request in this regard will not be entertained.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.