SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern has been revised for the year 2021 by Symbiosis International University (SIU). There are some changes in SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern as compared to the exam pattern of the previous year. Check SNAP Exam Analysis
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern comprises a wide range of parameters containing the mode of the entrance test, duration of the examination, the total number of questions, type of the questions, mode of the test, the total number of sections, number of question papers, marking scheme, and much more information regarding the entrance examination.
Applicant must know the revised exam pattern of SNAP 2021 and SNAP 2021 Syllabus to get an idea of the format of the question paper before appearing in the entrance examination. As per the updated SNAP exam pattern, both the section General Knowledge and Current Affairs has been removed from the new SNAP exam pattern 2021.
Check SNAP 2021 Exam Schedule
SNAP Exam Pattern 2021 Highlights
- The number of questions in total has decreased from 110 to 60 in contrast to last year's SNAP exam pattern.
- Apart from the total number of questions, the time span of SNAP 2021 Exam also has been reduced from 120 minutes to 60 minutes in which all the candidate needs to mark their answers on the question paper.
- Applicants who want to pursue an MBA or MBA (I & E) or MBA (L & S) should know the new SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern before sitting for the entrance test.
- Candidates must complete or mark all the answers in the question paper between 11.00 PM to Noon that was earlier 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM in the entrance examination.
- No extra time will be given for any section of the question paper in the examination.
- No candidate will get any extra marks for attempting any difficult question from any section of the question paper in the test.
- All the question will be set based on the topics and subtopics from the syllabus, it will also maintain the format of the question set by the exam authority.
Check SNAP 2021 Cut off
Updated SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
Going through the updated SNAP exam pattern 2021 not only help all the aspirants to start preparation according to the question format but also helps them to enhance their time management skills for the test that will be conducted through online mode only. As per the feedback of the candidates who appeared in the entrance examination from the previous year, the difficulty level of SNAP 2021 Exam can be said to be moderate. Check SNAP 2020 Preparation Tips
- The candidate will be evaluated in the entrance test based on 60 marks in total.
- There will be total three-section consist of General English, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency in the question paper.
- The section General English will split into some other subsection such as Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning along with Verbal Ability. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidate on the contrary 0.25 marks will be deducted from each incorrect answer as negative marking.
- No marks will be deducted for any unanswered questions on the question paper in the entrance test, as per SNAP exam pattern 2021.
- The candidate needs to mark the answer for 60 MCQ or Multiple-Choice Question within 1 hour.
- In the previous year till 2019, the candidate had to attempt the question from the General Knowledge section that is no longer in the SNAP exam pattern.
- Candidates are required to know that the total number of questions from the section Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency is 20 in each whereas the section Analytical and Logical Reasoning contains 25 questions in total. On the other hand, the section General English consists of 15 questions.
- There is no chance for the candidate to get any unusual question from any section except the section of Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency of the question paper in the entrance test according to SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern.
- The candidates will have to attempt 5 special questions from the three sections mentioned above the line.
Detailed SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern and Marking SchemeSome identification regarding the revised SNAP exam pattern is discussed below.
SNAP Examination mode
- The entrance examination will be conducted through online mode only.
- SNAP 2021 Exam will be classified as a computer-based test.
- In the previous year, this entrance test had conducted through offline mode but from 2017 onwards the exam mode has been shifted from offline to online mode.
- All the facility for the online examination will be given to the candidate appearing for the entrance examination at the right time by the exam conducting authority.
- Candidate can review them any question form the question paper in the test.
- All candidates are advised to start preparation by practising via online test series to know the mode of the test online.
SNAP Examination Duration
- The candidate must complete the entrance test within 60 minutes. There will not be any sectional timing for any section in the examination for any candidate.
- As per the rules and regulation set by the concerned authority, the candidate can not leave the test centre or the exam hall before 12.45 PM.
- As the examination will be held from 11.00 AM to Noon so the candidates will have to maintain some post-exam procedure till 12.45 PM.
- And, no candidates will be allowed to solve or mark any question in the question paper within that period.
SNAP Question Type
- As per SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern, there will be two types of questions consist of normal questions and special questions.
- In this section, all the questions will be based on Multiple-Choice Questions. All the candidate will have to select only one correct answer out of four options from a particular question.
- Selecting and marking more than one option will be considered as wrong or incorrect. Hence, no marks will be given for that particular answer.
- In SNAP 2021 Exam, the candidate will not get any special question in the question paper. Only normal questions will be there in the question paper.
Total Number of Sections in SNAP
- All the questions in the question paper will be divided into three sections. Any pre fixed order will be considered for any sections in the question paper.
- There will not have any restriction for any candidate to easily move to another section of the question paper in the examination or it can be said the candidate will get the flexibility.
- Candidate can skip any question and attempt another or mark the previous question that they have left or skipped. As per SNAP exam pattern 2021, no cut off marks will be present for any section of the question paper.
SNAP 2021 Cut Off Marking Pattern & Options
- As negative marking 1marks will be removed from a wrong answer and 1 mark will be added for the right answer marked by the candidate in the question paper.
- No step marks or any other extra marks will be given to any candidate.
- The candidate is allowed to rectify their answer but neither select nor mark more than one answer out of four alternatives per question.
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern Important Points
- Some of the most crucial points regarding SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern must be noted before appearing in the entrance examination by the candidate are mentioned below. One of the most important facts regarding SNAP exam pattern 2021 is that none of the participating institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU) does not appraise section-wise minimum percentage of qualifying marks. Instead of the section-wise cut-off score, overall cut off marks are released by the authorised body. And, it allows all the applicants to get admission with a high score.
- The section verbal ability covers a blend of reading comprehension, completion of the sentence, making the right form of the sentence along with finding the incorrect one. It also includes questions based on jumbled paragraphs, vocabulary, etc.
- All the questions from the section are required to practice. No candidate will get high marks unless they keep practising all the subject matter from the section of quantitative ability, data interpretation and sufficiency. Some of the topics are included in those sections are probability, algebra, mensuration, permutation and combination, integers, time and speed, time and distance, pie and bar graph, etc. However, all the questions must be solved with some feasible tips and tricks.
- Another section i.e analytical and logical reasoning composed of some valuable topics and subtopics such as syllogisms, family tree, cause and effect, linear arrangement along with matrix arrangement, input-output, number tree and directions, analogy etc. As the difficulty level of this section is not stable so all the candidates should cover all the subject matter from this section without any specification.
SNAP Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques: Is the test pattern of this year's SNAP same as last year's?
Ans: No, unlike last year the number of question and total time has been reduced and the test will be conducted in an online format.
Ques: What are the total marks for SNAP 2021?
Ans: SNAP exam total marks are 60.
Ques: What is the time duration of the Exam?
Ans: Time duration to complete SNAP exam is 60 minutes.
Ques: What is the language of SNAP exam?
Ans: The language is English for SNAP exam.
Ques: Are there any negative marking for questions?
Ans: Yes, for every wrong answer 0.25% marks will be deducted.
Ques: Is there any order of attempting SNAP exam?
Ans: No, candidates can attempt any section in any order.
Ques. What is the meaning of normal questions in SNAP exam?
Ans. Normal questions simply mean that the questions will be objective in nature. Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response.
Ques. What is the meaning of special questions in the examination?
Ans. In SNAP Online Test, for special questions in each section will have blanks where answers will have to be entered by the candidate by using the virtual keyboard. For example, if question is “What is the capital of Australia?” The candidate needs to enter the answer as CANBERRA by using the virtual keyboard.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.