SSC CGL 2018 Notification, Exam Date, Pattern,Syllabus
Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for SSC CGL 2018 on May 5. The online application for SSC CGL 2018 exam has started from May 5, 2018. The last date to apply online for SSC CGL 2018 Exam is June 4, 2018. Tier-I exam of SSC CGL 2018 will be conducted from July 25 to Aug 20, 2018. SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II exam will be conducted in November 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates (Released)
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2018 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2018)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date||July 25 to August 20, 2018 (Tier 1)|
|Eligibility||Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates
As per the latest notification of SSC CGL 2018, the schedule of exam will be as follows –
|Starting Date||May 5, 2018||SSC CGL 2018 Application end on June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Offline Challan Generation End Date||June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)||-|
|Payment Through SBI Challan||June 7, 2018||-|
|Tier I Exam Date||July 25 to August 20, 2018||Exam duration for Tier 1 is 60 minutes|
|Tier II Exam Date||November 27-30, 2018||Exam duration for Tier 2 is 2 hours|
|Tier III Exam Date||To be notified later||Exam duration for Tier 3 is 60 minutes|
|Tier IV Exam Date||To be notified later||Exam duration for Tier 4 is 45 minutes|
What is SSC CGL Eligibility?
1. Educational Qualifications
Candidates should have a graduate degree on or before 01.08.2018. Candidates, those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A). Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
B). Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level
2. Age Limit
SSC has increased the Age limit for SSC CGL Recruitment, though the age varies from post to post. The minimum age limit defined for SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit criteria is 32 years.
Post Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
Check Your Age Eligibility
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
SSC CGL Reservation – Age Relaxation
- It must be noted that there is no state-wise reservation.
- Reservation will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL/ PH category.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates will also be given relaxation. No separate SSC CGL Reservation will be given to female candidates.
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
How to Apply for SSC CGL EXAM 2018?
Those who are interested to apply for SSC CGL Exam 2018 have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all log on to the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Register as a new user at the website which can be created by using a valid email ID and phone number. You will get OTP of the required ID you want to generate for SSC portal.
- You can pay the application online or through a Challan which will be generated after you have filled in the required Application of SSC CGL 2018 Exam.
- You need to have the scanned copies of the recent passport size photograph, signature, and thumb impression to fill the application.
- After registration click on the Apply button to get the application submitted to the portal.
- After you click on Apply button you will get the application form, fill it online.
- Then click on the Submit button after cross-checking the details or else you will not be able to make any changes afterward.
- Download the duly filled-in application form
- Take print out for future references.
Application Fee Detail for SSC CGL 2018
|For General /OBC candidates||INR 100|
|For SC/ST/PH candidates||Nill|
|For Female candidates||Nill|
Note – Applicants can give application fees through online debit/Credit card or through net banking.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2018
SSC will release Admit Card separately for different regions. To download their Admit Card, a candidate is required to login to the official website of SSC through the link provided on this page. Candidate will need Registration Number/Roll Number and the Password/D.O.B while logging in.
- The admit card of SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 exam will release in the first week of July 2018.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card only from the official website of SSC.
SSC will release SSC CGL Admit Card separately for different levels of Examination, i.e. Admit Card for Tier-I will be released first followed by Admit Card for Tier-II and so on. Admit Card for Tier-II will be issued to candidates who have qualified Tier-I Exam. Similarly, Admit Card for Tier-III will be issued to candidates who have cleared the Tier-II Exam and so on.
Steps to Download Call Letter For SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2018 are as follows –
The Commission releases a separate SSC CGL Admit Card for every tier on the regional websites of SSC. The candidates can follow these steps to download the Admit Card.
- Visit the Regional websites of SSC. (Eg: for a candidate of Delhi, visit the official site of SSC Northern Region)
- Click on the link provided to download Staff Selection Commission CGLE Admission Certificate.
- The applicants can download the SSC CGL Admit Card 2018 by using their Registration ID, By Roll No. or by Name including the candidate’s Date of Birth
- Click on “Search status”. The admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Check all the details mentioned on it along with the time-table and exam center details.
- Download the SSC CGL Admit Card and take a print out of the same.
Discrepancy in SSC CGL Admit Card 2018
- There are chances that candidates may not find their admission certificates till a week before the examination.
- In such case, they must immediately contact concerned Regional/ Sub- regional Office.
- The communication must be made along with a proof of SSC CGL Application Form submission.
- Failure to do so may deprive candidate for consideration on any grounds.
Exam Centers for SSC CGL 2018
- The SSC CGL 2018 will be conducted in 120 cities across India.
- All the SSC CGL Exam Centers are segregated into 9 main regions of the country.
- The applicants have to fill the choice of their centers in the Application Form for SSC CGL 2018.
- The Commission reserves the right to make a decision regarding the final allotment of SSC CGL Exam Center.
- Any changes regarding the exam centers will be notified on the regional official websites of SSC and leading newspapers of the regions.
- The candidates of SSC CGL 2018 will know the final allotted Exam Center in SSC CGL Admit Card.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL 2018 Exam in four stages: Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 & Tier-4 exam. While Tier-I & Tier-II exam will be conducted online, Tier-III will be a pen and paper based exam and Tier-IV will be a computer skill test. Let's have a look at SSC CGL Exam Pattern for all these stages of SC CGL 2018 Recruitment process one by one.
- Tier 1 - It is a computer-based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off.
- Tier 2 - Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the students. Paper 3 is only for Statistical Investigator Gr II & Compiler Post while Paper 4 is for Asst. Audit Officer Gazetted Group “B” Post only.
- Tier 3 - This is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode
- Tier 4- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)- Asst. Section Officer in CSS & MEA POST ONLY and Data Entry Skill Test (at Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour) – Tax Assistant POST ONLY
- Negative marking is applicable in the examination. Each incorrect entry carries a penalty of 0.25 marks.
- The SSC CGL 2018 question paper will be set in Hindi and English.
- The highlights of SSC CGL Exam Pattern are detailed in this table –
|Tier||Mode of examination||Scheme of Examination||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|I||Computer Based Examination (CBT)||4 sections - General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension;||25||50||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
Total Number of Paper is 4 –
Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities
Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension
Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)
|120 minutes; 160 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|III||Pen and paper mode|
Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)
|100||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|IV||-||CPT/ DEST/ Document verification||-||-||45 Minutes|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
The Preliminary Exam of SSC CGL 2018 is scheduled from July 25 to August 20, 2018. Candidates who prepared by following the latest SSC CGL Syllabus were able to scale this exam. The Combined Graduate Level Tier-II Examination has been rescheduled from November 27 to 30. Tier-III Exam will be conducted on March 31, 2018. A fair knowledge of SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier-I, Tier-II & III Exam is necessary to prepare effectively for this exam. Let’s understand the SSC CGL 2018 Tier I, II, III & IV Syllabus based on latest pattern.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2018 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
The Mains Exam will be conducted online and is an objective multiple choice exam. The major sections asked in Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics). Let’s have a look at the SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 Mains Examination.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier III Syllabus
- Tier-III of SSC CGL 2018 exam is a descriptive exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The mode of examination is offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letter etc. in this exam.
- The exam carries 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes.
- The time allotted for candidates belonging to PWD category is increased to 80 minutes.
- Tier-III paper is given by specific candidates who are interested only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier IV Syllabus
Tier-IV examination comprises of couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST Exam through SSC CGL 2018 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
SSC CGL 2018 Result Date
- CGL 2018 Results will be published on the website of Staff Selection Commission after the completion of Tier 1 Exam.
- SSC CGL 2018 Tier I results are expected to be declared by July 2018.
- Tier II results will be announced in the month of October 2018.
- For Tier III, the result date is expected to be December 2018.
How to check SSC CGL 2018 Results?
Follow the undersigned steps to check your SSC CGL 2018 Result.
- Visit their official site i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Results Tab in the top menu.
- A list of Entrance exams conducted by SSC along with their result status will be displayed on the screen. Click on the CGL Tab.
- Click on the “Click Here” button in the right column to check your results.
- A PDF file bearing the list of selected candidates of respective tier will be downloaded on your system.
The Final Merit list of SSC CGL 2018 Results can be downloaded after 2-3 Months from the examination. This final merit list contains the Details of the candidate along with the marks secured, irrespective of his qualification status.
SSC CGL 2018 Cut off
Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks to appear for Tier II of this exam. The SSC CGL Cut Off score is finalized by officials of Staff Selection Commission keeping the following 5 factors in mind –
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Total number of vacancies issued for 2018
- Region Wise vacancies issued for 2018
- Complexity Level of the exam
- Trends for past 3 years SSC CGL Cut Off
List 1 – for appearing in Tier – II (Paper – I, Paper – II , Paper – IV (General Studies (Finance & Accounts) and Tier – III.
|Expected Cut – Off Marks||130.00||124.00||140.50||116.50||80.00||153.00|
List 2 – for appearing in Tier – II ( Paper – I, Paper – II, Paper – III (Statistics)) and Tier – III.
|Expected Cut – Off Marks||128.00||119.50||140.00||107.00||66.00||121.00||151.50|
List 3 – for appearing in Tier – II (Paper – I and Paper – II) and Tier – III.
|Expected Cut – Off Marks||103.00||92.50||115.00||74.00||89.50||42.00||94.50||130.50|
SSC CGL 2018 Selection Process
SSC CGL exam is divided into 4 stages i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and finally Tier 4.
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 1, will be eligible to appear in Tier 2.
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 2, will be eligible to appear in both Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Final Merit of SSC CGL will be based on cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 4 is of qualifying nature and mandatory for CSS / MEA / Tax Assistant Posts.
Ques. I have completed my engineering with computer science branch in June 2018. I filled my group preference as A, B and C. Is this the correct preference for me? I am really confused related to job posts as I am interested in desk job. So can you suggest me the suitable posts for the same (also I am interested for the post of assistant in railway ministry).
Ans: The desk job under SSC CGL are – Assistants, Auditors, Accountants, Tax-assistants, upper division clerks, etc. If you want a job in Railway Ministry, you can go for SSC CGL post of Assistant in Railway Ministry.
Ques. I want to apply for IB, Railway and Narcotics Department through CGL, so will I have to attend all 4 tier or only tier 1 & 2?
Ans: If you want to apply for IB, Railway and Narcotics Department, you have to appear only for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam. Tier 4 is only for those candidates who are applying for the post of Asst. Section Officer in CSS.
Ques. How do I prepare for SSC CGL 2018?
Ans: Before you start preparing for SSC CGL exam, you must get acquainted to the exam pattern and syllabus. Based on this, you must make a plan for your preparation. This plan should distribute your time sufficiently across all the subjects, focusing on the most important topics and the ones you are weak at. With a plan in place, you can start your preparation.
Ques. Which is better – writing SSC CGL or becoming a bank PO?
Ans: Well, both have their perks and attractions. A bank PO’s job has got more glamour, but the workload would be high. An SSC CGL officer can enjoy job security and the authority of a government job. So, if you are looking for a relaxed job where you can devote sufficient time to your personal life, then go for SSC CGL. Or if you are an ambitious person who doesn’t mind putting in the hours, go for Bank PO exams.
Ques. Which is the best way to prepare for SSC CGL 2018?
Ans: There are 3 options available –Self-preparation, Offline Coaching & Online Coaching Preparing using an online coaching program will give you the flexibility to learn at your pace and place.
Ques. How do I choose my post preferences?
Ans: As you know, you are required to mention your post preferences while applying for SSC CGL 2018. This choice needs to be based on your understanding of the nature of work and also your personal preferences.
Ques. I made a mistake while filling up the application form for SSC CGL 2018. Can I fill it again?
Ans: Yes, You most definitely can. SSC will take in only the latest application that you have filled. The earlier versions will be discarded. So, if you have made a mistake while filling it, go back to square one and start filling it again.
Ques. Is there negative marking in SSC CGL 2018 examination?
Ques. SSC CGL 2018 exam would be online or offline?
Ans: SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1,2 and 4 would be online. Tier 3 would be an offline, descriptive paper.
Ques. Do I have to register myself before applying?
Ans: Yes, first you have to complete the registration process. Only then can you can apply for the examination.
Ques. Can I edit my application form?
Ans: No, you can not edit your SSC CGL Application Form once you have submitted it and paid the application fee.
Ques. Where do I have to upload my photograph and signature?
Ans: You have to upload your photograph and signature in the 'Registration Part'.
Ques. How do I reprint my offline bank challan if I have misplaced mine?
Ans: Click on the 'Download Offline Challan' on the main page.
Ques. Can I generate my offline bank challan from the link given on the main page before completing Application Part?
Ans: No, that link is only for reprinting purpose. To do so you have to complete the application process.
Ques. I have submitted fee through offline bank challan. Now should I enter my transaction id and date of deposit in the application form?
Ans: Wait for 3 working days. Your bank payment details will be updated automatically.
Ques. I have deposited my fee in the bank through offline challan. But the status still shows Pending. What should I do?
Ans: Wait for 3 working days to receive the fee status from the bank.
Ques. I have completed the application process (including fee payment). However, I cannot find any link to download my application form pdf.
Ans: Go to 'Apply/Print', enter your details and your pdf will automatically be downloaded.
Ques. Due to network problem my link got disconnected while submitting fee in online mode. My payment was not successful. What should I do?
Ans: Go to 'Apply/Print', enter your details and you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
Ques. My online payment was unsuccessful. Can I generate offline challan to pay the fee?
Ans: Yes you can. Go to 'Apply/Print', enter your details and you will be directed to fee section. Then choose the appropriate mode of payment.
Ques. I filled up the form of SSC CGL 2018 but I want to make some changes. I have made some mistake in typing date of birth, graduation marks. Can I apply again?
Ans: In case of multiple applications for online application form, the last application for which part-I and part-II registration have been completed will be accepted. For example you applied first time and got registration ID: ABC2345. You applied again, after a few days and got registration ID: ABC5678. SSC will send you the admit card according to this second application. Please try to fill the Application form correctly in the first time itself. Take your time and fill out the details correctly.
Ques. Will SSC send the admit card to my communication address which I mentioned while filling the Application form?
Ans: No SSC will not send the hard copy of admit card. You need to download it from your respective regional SSC website.
Ques. What if I’m unable to download the admit card?
Ans: This could be due to the server problem. Candidates are advised to try after 5-10 minutes.
Ques. Where to report for SSC CGL Admit Card Correction?
Ans: In case of any discrepancy in the SSC CGL Admit Card, candidates should immediately report to the SSC help desk. While contacting to the regional office of the commission the candidate must have his/her roll number, date of birth, and name of the examination.
Ques. What if I do not receive SSC CGL admit card before the exam?
Ans: All applicants will be able to download SSC CGL Admit Card 2018 from official website. In case any candidate doesn’t receive hall ticket, then contact to the regional office with registration number, hard copy of the application, Transaction details copy of SBI Bank, etc.
Ques. Is it mandatory to show up with an original id along with the admit card of SSC CGL 2018?
Ans: Yes. Permissible ID Proof includes Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, failing which, they shall not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Ques. How can I download the SSC CGL Admit Card?
- Log on to the Regional SSC Official Website
- On the Homepage, click on the "Download Admit card" Link. Then it will open the Page for Downloading Duplicate Admit Cards
- Thereafter, select the appropriate link, containing the Link for Downloading the CGL Admit card
- You can Download the admit cards, by entering your Details like Registration No. and Date of Birth and click on the "Submit" Button.
Ques. What if the login window shows invalid response?
Ans: Make sure that you have entered all the login details (registration number, roll number, date of birth) correctly. And if the problem still prevails, then contact the authorities.
Ques. How can I login if I have forgotten the registration number and roll number?
Ans: Aspirants who don’t have their roll number or registration number can download the admit card using their name, father’s name and date of birth.
Ques. Where can I check my application status?
Ans: Check your application status using the link provided on the main page. Your application process will be considered complete if Application Status shows ‘completed’.
Ques. Are the students in their final year of graduation also eligible for SSC CGL?
Ans: You cannot apply for the SSC CGL Exam if you have not cleared your Graduation. For all the posts offered through SSC CGL exam, it is mandatory to be a graduate.
Ques. My D.O.B is 06th July 1987 and I have completed 28 years of Age. As per notification from SSC If the age will be computed from 01st Aug, then I would be running with my 30th Age. My D.O.B is 06th July 1987 and I am falling under OBC category, Can I appear for SSC CGL 2018 by claiming age relaxation. Will it be counted as 30 or 31?
Ans: Yes, you can apply for SSC CGLE 2018, after taking relaxations allowed for OBC Category i.e. of 3 years. As you will be completing 30 years on 6th July 2018 and SSC exam conducting authorities will be taking into consideration the ‘Candidates’ Age’ as calculated on 1.8.2018, then it will be counted as 30 and not 31.
Ques. I am 30+ and belong to SC category but got married to a guy who belongs to gen category. Am I eligible to apply for SSC CGL 2018 by claiming sc category?
Ans: You can apply for the SSC CGL Exam and take the benefits of SC Category. You will have to produce the necessary caste certificates for availing the category relaxations and benefits.
Ques. I got only 46% in graduation. Am I eligible for SSC CGL 2018?
Ans: Yes you are eligible for SSC CGL Exam 2018, as the first and minimum eligibility condition required for taking the Graduate Level Exam is Graduation.
Ques. Are Engineers eligible for this exam having B.E. in Electrical and Electronics?
Ans: Any Graduate can apply for the SSC CGL Exam. Apart from few SSC CGL Posts like that of Compiler, Statistical Investigator Grade II and Assistant (CSS) require Graduation in specific streams.
Ques. My age is 34. I met with an accident & now I am physically 42% ortho handicapp from general category. Am I eligible for age relaxation in PH category?
Ans: Yes you are eligible to take SSC CGL 2018 Exam, as the relaxation provided is of 10 years for Physically Handicapped Candidates in the upper age limit.
Ques. Can I apply for CGL income tax officer post? As I use spectacle and my eye is minor weak, suggest me and if not than what post can I apply for?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL Income Tax Officer Post, as this post doesn’t have any specific rules set for vision.
Ques. May I know which post are interview and non interview post respectively?
Ans: As of 1st January’ 2018, no interviews are applicable for any of the SSC CGL Posts. The para 9.2 of the official notification for SSC CGL Recruitment 2018 clearly states that – “9.2 Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.”
Ques. Is it true that acceptance of form by SSC CGL makes a candidate eligible to sit for the exams but in verification process he/she will be declared ineligible for the post if the age is found more than the maximum age prescribed in the notification. So one should not hold any expectation of getting selected even if he/ she clears all the tiers?
Ans: Yes, your age should be according to the criteria set by the commission.
Ques. My height is 160 cms, Can I apply for inspector income tax and other inspector posts? What are the other inspector posts that I am eligible for?
Ans: Yes you are eligible for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/ Preventive Officer) posts.
Ques. My eyesight is -1.75 and I wear spectacles, am I eligible for Excise and Income tax inspector? Also please suggest the post for which age limit has been extended upto 30.
Ans: There are no fitness criteria for Income Tax Inspector but the post of Inspector (Central Excise) have some conditions to be followed. Please check out the criteria related to Vision as given below:
- Eye-sight (with or without glasses):
- Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in another eye.
- Near vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in another eye.
There are 10 posts for which SSC has extended the age limit criteria upto 30 years.
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Inspector, (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Inspector Posts
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College