The selection procedure of SSC Stenographer includes Computer Based Test and Skill Test. Candidates appeared in the exam will be selected on the basis of their performance in Computer Based Test (CBT), however, they need to meet the qualifying standards of stenography test. This year SSC Stenographer 2018 is conducted from February 5 – 8, 2019.
Latest: SSC Stenographer Result for Computer Based Test will be declared on April 15, 2019 tentatively. Click here
- The commission will release answer keys prior to the declaration of result.
- Candidates after cross-verifying answers of written test from SSC Stenographer answer key 2018 can estimate their probable score.
- Only those candidates who qualify the written test are allowed to take part in the skill test.
- After the skill test, a merit list of qualified candidates is prepared and recruitment is done based on the list.
- SSC Stenographer Cut off 2018 will be released separately for Grade C and D posts.
Candidates will be on probation for 2 years and has to undergo training. SSC Stenographer Selection procedure 2018 is explained in detail on this page.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Highlights
- Candidates who qualify in the written examination will have to appear for the stenography test.
- Candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi with the speed of:
- 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “D”.
- 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “C”
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Cut off
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the written examination as prescribed by the commission will only be called for skill test.
- Skill test will be of a qualifying nature and the commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different category of candidates.
- Candidates will have to appear for the Stenography Test.
- Candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade D.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only.
- There is no exemption from skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
- Candidates have to work as English/ Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the user office irrespective of the medium of skill test of the candidate during the examination.
Candidates have to qualify the skill test by obtaining minimum qualifying marks. Candidates qualifying the skill test would be listed in the merit list as per their performance in the skill test. For, your reference we have tabled the minimum qualifying marks or cut-off marks from previous years analysis required to clear the SSC stenographer Skill test.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Cutoff for Grade C
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Cutoff for Grade D
SSC Stenographer Selection Process
As we discussed earlier SSC Stenographer exam is a two-stage process which involves a written test followed by a skill test. Unlike other SSC exams, there is no third stage or interview. However, candidates qualifying both the stages have to undergo the medical test in order to ensure the fitness and health of their body.
Important Instructions for SSC Stenographer Skill Test
Candidates are required to adhere to the important instructions provided on a separate page attached with the SSC Stenographer admit card (downloaded from website). For your reference we have mentioned those guidelines here as well.
- Candidates should practice enough mocks before the written exam so as to ace the exam with ease.
- They should also do sufficient amount of typing practice before appearing in the skill test. While practice candidates must ensure that they reached the desired typing standards that are desired by the selection authorities.
- Candidates must bring two passport size colored photograph along with admit card and original photo ID proof to the exam venue.
- No electronic device such as mobile, calculator or other wireless equipment is allowed in the exam premises.
- Candidates should bring their own stationery like pen/pencil, eraser etc. for the exam.
- Applicants are advised to reach the exam venue 35 to 40 minutes before the schedule time for commencement of the exam.
- They would not be allowed to leave the exam hall before the completion of the exam time.
- Parents and guardians are not allowed to enter the exam hall/venue.
Read SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips for Skill Test
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College