TANCET 2021 Registration window has closed on February 16, 2021 (5:00 PM). As per exam authorities data, 38,858 students have registered for various programmes under TANCET 2021. Candidates who have got themselves registered can check final status of their application till February 23, 2021.
- TANCET 2021 is a state-level entrance exam which will take place in 15 cities in Tamil Nadu on March 20 & 21.
- Candidates who have previously given GATE in the engineering/technology discipline will be exempted from having to appear in TANCET 2021. Check TANCET 2021 Exam Dates
TANCET 2021 Total Number of Applicants
TANCET 2021 Application Highlights
|Availability of TANCET Online Form 2021||January 2021|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|TANCET Official Website||annauniv.edu|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Documents to be uploaded||Passport size photo (20- 30 KB)|
|TANCET Application Fee 2021||General Category: INR 500 |
Reserved Category: INR 250
|TANCET Help Desk||+91 -44-22358314.|
TANCET 2021 Application Form Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates related to TANCET Registration 2021 from the table provided below-
|TANCET 2021 Application Form||January 19, 2021|
|TANCET 2021 Application Last Date||February 16, 2021|
|Release of TANCET Admit Card||March 5, 2021|
|Date of TANCET Exam 2021|| |
March 20, 2021 (MBA and MCA), March 21, 2021 (M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan)
TANCET 2021 Online Registration
The first step to apply for TANCET 2021 is online registration. Candidates must fill in their basic personal and academic information to complete the online registration part. Through TANCET Registration, a unique user ID and password will be sent via SMS. These credentials are vital for successfully completing the form filling procedure.
Pre-requisites for TANCET Registration
- Valid email address
- Valid mobile phone number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Class 10th, 12th, and Graduation mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Name of the candidate as on official documents
- Date of Birth as on official documents
- Details of Credit/Debit card for processing fee payment
Steps for TANCET Registration
Step 1: Visit the official website of TANCET.
Step 2: On the left side of the window, you will find a “TANCET 2021” link. Click on it. TANCET 2021 Registration is depicted in the picture below, for clear understanding.
Step 3: Click on “New User Registration” link.
Step 4: Enter your Name, Mobile Number, Email Address and Password.
Step 5: Enter the captcha code correctly. Captcha is a security feature to ensure that the form is filled by a human and not a computer program. If the captcha code is not clear, click on “Get a New Image” link.
Step 6: Now, click “I Agree” button in the declaration box. It is compulsory as, without the declaration, the form will not be submitted.
Step 7: Click on “Submit” button at the end of the form.
How to Fill TANCET Application Form 2021?
After successful TANCET Registration, move on to fill online form. Read the information bulletin carefully and fill in form accordingly in order to avoid rejection. For filling TANCET 2021 Application Form, you will have to first login to the official website. The steps to log in are described below:
Step 1: Fill the Application Form
- Candidates should first login to fill TANCET 2021 application form.
- Carefully fill all the details such as personal details and academic details.
- Select the exam center and course for which you want to apply.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph in JPEG/JPG format. Check TANCET 2021 Photo Size, Format and Other Details
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
- After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee through debit card/credit card or net banking.
- The application fee of TANCET is 600 INR for general candidates and 300 INR for candidates under reserved categories.
- If a candidate wishes to appear for more than one program, he/she has to deposit 500 INR (250 INR for candidates under reserved categories) for every additional program.
Step 3: Submit the Application Form
- Verify all the details filled by them before submitting the application form.
- Note down the application number that will be generated after successful submission of TANCET 2021 Application Form.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the application form for future use.
If candidates follow all these steps, they will be able to successfully fill and submit TANCET 2021 Application Form.
Details in TANCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates need to carefully fill all the details that are asked in the application form. There are various fields in the form as mentioned below:
- Personal Details: Fill in all personal details
- Academic Details: Candidates need to fill all the courses studied, the number of marks obtained, aggregate marks in percentage, the name of board/university and the year of passing out.
- Course Details: Candidates have to fill in course details, specialization, and the exam(s) that they wish to appear in.
- Select Exam Center and Course: Candidates have to select the exam center and the course for which they want to apply. They can select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Essential Documents: Candidates need to upload their passport size photograph and fill the details mentioned in the original documents.
TANCET 2021 Application Form Correction
- Candidates should carefully fill all the details in TANCET 2021 Application Form and upload the essential documents.
- They can correct their details mentioned in the form till the time they have not submitted it and paid the application fee.
- Once the online form is submitted, correction cannot be made.
- Therefore, candidates are advised to verify all the details furnished by them in the application form before making the payment and submitting the application form.
Check TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
TANCET Exam Centers
TANCE 2021 will be held in 15 cities of Tamil Nadu in the month of February and March. Candidates will be allocated their test center on a first come first serve basis. It is mandatory that test-takers carry their admit card to the exam center along with valid ID proof such as a voter ID, driving license, and PAN card.
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria varies for different courses. Candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to appear.
- M.B.A- Candidates must pass B.Tech/B.Arch/B.E/B.Pharm with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying degree exam. The pattern followed can be 10+2+3 years or 10+3 years diploma+ 3 years pattern.
- M.C.A- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with Mathematics as a subject either in 10+2 or graduation level. Minimum marks acquired in the qualifying exam must be 50% (45% for category candidates).
- M.C.A Lateral Entry: Candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years in BCA, B.Sc in Computer Science or Information Technology. Minimum marks obtained must be 50% in the qualifying degree examination (45% for reserved category candidates).
- M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan: Minimum 50% marks required in the degree examination in the relevant field. A Master’s degree in the prescribed field of Science or Arts is required. Candidates having 10+2+ AMIE certification/ 10+3+ AMIE certification can also apply.
- Although TANCET is a state level examination, students from another state can also apply for TANCET 2021, but the respective authorities will determine their eligibility.
- Candidates with B.E / B.Tech degrees obtained through distance mode/weekend courses are not eligible.
- Sponsored candidates are only offered admission in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai i.e. CEG, ACT, SAP, and MIT campuses.
- Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
NOTE: Candidates with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (A.M.I.E.) and other such certificates from professional bodies recognized by MHRD and enrolled before 31.5.2014 are considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders. An experience certificate is to be produced after completion of 2 years of regular full-time experience in the relevant field including project work.
Top Colleges Accepting TANCET 2021
|PSG Institute of Management||Coimbatore|
|Galaxy Institute of Management||Chennai|
|Thiagarajar School of Management||Thirupparankundram|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology||Coimbatore|
|St. Joseph College of Engineering||Kancheepuram|
|Nehru College of Management (NCM)||Coimbatore|
|Velammal Engineering College||Chennai|
|Sona School of Management||Salem|
|Kongu Engineering College||Erode|
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology||Sathyamangalam|
|MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College||Sivakasi|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textile Management||Coimbatore|
|Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions||Kangayam|
|Sri Sairam Engineering College||Chennai|
|Sri Krishna Institute of Management Centre for Excellence in Management Education||Coimbatore|
|PSNA College of Engineering and Technology||Dindigul|
|Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology||Coimbatore|
|Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women University||Coimbatore|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women||Chennai|
|SSN School of Management and Computer Application||Kalavakkam|
|KCT Business School (KCTBS)||Coimbatore|
|Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC)||Tirunelveli|
|Easwari Engineering College (EEC)||Chennai|
|JJ College of Engineering and Technology||Tiruchirappalli|
|GRG School of Management||Coimbatore|
|Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College||Salem|
|Guruvayurappan Institute of Management||Navakkarai|
|KS Rangasamy College of Technology||Tiruchengade|
|RVS College of Engineering and Technology||Dindigul|
|KV Institute of Management and Information Studies||Coimbatore|
TANCET 2021 Application Form FAQs
Ques. TANCET Application form 2021 and the process is handled by which university/ Authority?
Ans. TANCET Application form is released by Anna University, Chennai.
Ques. When are the dates for the application process of TANCET 2021?
Ans. Candidates can register themselves for TANCET 2021 from January 19, 2021.
Ques. Are there any other experience related certificates to be produced afterward?
Ans. Candidates are required to produce an experience certificate after completion of 2 years regular full-time experience in the relevant field including project work.
Ques. What are the official website of Anna University and its helpline number?
Ans. The official website of Anna University is- www.annauniv.edu/ and the helpline number for any queries is +91 -44-22358314.
Ques. In which mode can a candidate fill up his application form for TANCET 2021?
Ans. Candidates can fill their application form in online mode through the official website of Anna University Chennai.
Ques. Is there any other mode to apply for TANCET 2021?
Ans. No, there are no other modes to apply for TANCET other than applying online for the application form.
Ques. Is there any provision for candidates of other states to apply for TANCET 2021 exam?
Ans. Candidates belonging to different states can apply but they must fulfill the set eligibility criteria.
Ques. What is the application fee for TANCET 2021?
Ans. Candidates who belong to the general category have to pay INR 500 and those of the reserved category have to pay INR 250.
Ques. How many courses/papers can a candidate opt for in TANCET Application form?
Ans. Candidates can opt for 23 papers that TANCET offers.
Ques. If a candidate has a bachelor’s degree through cloud campus or distance learning, is he eligible to apply?
Ans. NO, a candidate must have a Full-Time Bachelors's degree to apply. Any other mode of acquiring the degree is not eligible.
Ques. How can a candidate pay his or her application fee?
Ans. Candidates can pay their application fee through net banking with the credit or debit cards.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2021?
Ans. Eligibility for applying to TANCET is that candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in 10+2+3 pattern. There are other course-specific eligibility criteria as well which is advised that the candidates should definitely check before applying. Check TANCET Eligibility
Ques. Can I apply for more than one program?
Ans. Yes. For every additional program, you need to pay INR 500 if you belong to general category and INR 250 if you belong to SC/ST categories.
Ques. What are the documents to be uploaded afterward TANCET Application form 2021?
Ans. Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph (20 kb-30 kb).
Ques. When is the Hall ticket released for TANCET 2021?
Ans. Candidates can download their Admit cards from the second week of February 2021.
Ques. How can a candidate correct his details in the filled application form?
Ans. Candidates are advised to recheck and review their application forms carefully before submitting and paying the requisite fee. Once a candidate has submitted TANCET application forms, he cannot change any details.
Ques. Is it necessary for the candidates to keep a copy of the application form even after the exam gets over?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary for the candidates to keep a copy of the application form saved with them, as it is required during the counselling and further admission process.
Ques. Do students need to fill a separate application form for appearing in more than one program?
Ans. No, students can fill a single application form for applying to more than one program.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.