TANCET is a state-level entrance exam of Tamil Nadu state. It is organized every year by Anna University to offer admissions to various postgraduate programs like MBA/MCA/M. Tech/M.E./M. Plan.
Nearly 200 colleges across the state accept TANCET scorecard to offer admission in various courses. In this article, we will discuss the preparation strategy, exam details, and important tips to score good marks in TANCET.
TANCET 2021 highlights
|Name of exam||TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)|
|Conducting authority||Anna University|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|TANCET registration begins from||19 January to 16 February 2021|
|Exam Dates||March 20, 2021(MBA/MCA) March 21, 2021(M. Tech/M.E.)|
|Availability of Admit cards Result Release date||March 05, 2021 April 16, 2021|
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
TANCET consists of 100 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each. 1/3 marks were deducted for every wrong answer. Check Detailed TANCET Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern are mentioned in below table :
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen-Paper based)|
|Number of subjects||5 (Business Situations, Read Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability, Reasoning, English)|
|Weightage of each subject||20 marks|
|Negative Marks||⅓ (One third)|
|Language of exam||English, Tamil|
TANCET syllabus(MBA) 2021 :
The detailed syllabus for all 5 TANCET sections as per the Anna University is available in the table below :
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability||Number system, LCM and HCF, Sequence and series, Average, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, Time, Speed and Distance, Mixture and Alligation, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, Linear equations, Quadratic equations, Permutation, and Combination, Data Interpretation (Bar graphs, Pie charts, Line graphs, and Tables, etc.)|
|Reasoning and Logical Ability||Analogy, Classification, Number Series, Syllogism, Venn Diagram, Data sufficiency, Calendar, Clock, Mirror image, Water image, Paper Cutting and Folding, Missing Characters, Blood Relations, Direction and Distance, Coding-Decoding, Counting of Figures, etc.|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages, Questions based on RC, Synonyms and Antonyms, One-word substitution, Vocabulary, etc.|
|General English||English Grammar (Parts of Speech, Active and Passive Voices, Articles, Narration, Tenses, Prepositions, Conjunctions, etc.), Spotting Errors, Cloze test, Sentence Corrections, sentence arrangements, fill in the blanks, etc.|
|Business Situations Analysis||Puzzles and syllogism, Decision-making ability, Binary Logics, Coded Blood relations, Seating arrangements, Business Administration, Leadership quality, Communication Ability, Confidence, etc.|
The syllabus of TANCET is so vast but the students can prepare the whole syllabus with the right strategy and planning. Students need to prepare all the sections in a good manner as all sections having equal weightage.
TANCET Preparation Tips for MBA
Here are some important tips for students to make their preparation well and to crack the exam with a good score.
- Time Management - Time management is important to crack any exam. Students should make a proper plan and divide the time for all the sections. During the preparation of the exam, students should practice questions by observing the time limit, it helps students to manage time in the exam hall to cover all the questions. Solve the easy questions first to give more time to tough questions. The students can solve all the questions only if they manage time in the examination hall. So practice should be good to solve all the questions within the given time limit.
- Clear your Concepts - For any exam the clarity of concept is necessary to perform well. Students should read the reference books to clear their basics and concepts. Practice formulae, numerical, rules, theorems, laws, short tricks, Vocabulary, etc. regularly to enhance your understanding of questions and their approach to solve them. If you brush up on your basic concepts and understanding you can solve the questions easily in the given time limit and score well.
- Mark your strength and weakness - During preparation analyze your strength and weakness in all the sections is important. The better way to identify your strength and weakness is to solve previous year's question papers and attempt mock tests. After identifying your strength and weakness make a proper plan of study, give more time to your weaker section and minimum time to strong. After strengthening your weak portions practice more related questions of this portion to increase your score.
- Mock Tests - Mock test is the only way to check your preparation level. It gives an idea of the actual exam to students. Analyze your performance and score in mock tests and make a proper plan to increase your score in a particular weak section. But students should follow only relevant mock tests as per their exam pattern and syllabus. Don't lose your confidence level after attempting mock tests. Practice more relevant questions to enhance your score in the exam.
- Maintain speed and accuracy - Maintaining speed and accuracy is important to score the highest marks in the exam. Practice more questions regularly to improve your accuracy and speed. Make attention to negative marking and solve only those questions for which you are confident. Sometimes more attempts of questions decrease your score and rank. Work on the calculation to increase your speed and accuracy. You can use short tricks and methods to maintain speed.
- Revision - Revision is important to cover all the sections properly. Glance formulae, questions, and theorem regularly are important to score well. You should revise handwritten short notes and reference books to increase your score. Without proper revision, students cannot prepare all the sections properly.
- Don't study irrelevant topics - You should prepare only as per the level of your exam. Study only relevant and important topics to perform well in the exam. Don't give time to irrelevant questions which are generally not asked in the exam. Analyze syllabus and previous year papers well and then study accordingly. Sometimes students give more time to practice such tough questions which are not important for the exam, it makes your time waste. You must follow only relevant questions and test series to score good marks.
- Be Confident - Students should maintain their confidence level during exam preparation. Confidence is important to prepare in a better way without stress. If you have confidence then you can chase your competitors easily. Students should focus on quality study rather than quantity. Lack of confidence affects your preparation and score.
- Follow the expert's guidance - Students must follow the experts and their guidance during preparation. The experts can guide aspirants in a better way to students that can help to make them perform their good. Students can attend the seminar and counseling program during preparation.
- Follow Best resources - There are various sources if exam preparation is available at present but students should select and follow the best resource of preparation as per their choice. Some students like online learning but some of them like offline classroom learning. It depends on the students, they can follow online as well as offline resources for their preparation. The selection of good resources also plays an important role to score well in the exam.
You can surely score well in TANCET 2021 by following these tips.
Best Books for TANCET Preparation:
|Name of Book||Author / Publication|
|TANCET MBA||VVK Subburaj|
|TANCET Data Interpretation Analysis||Ashok Gupta|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability||Dr. R.S. Agarwal|
|TANCET General English||Dr. B.B. Jain|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K. Gupta|
|Descriptive General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|Compendium General English||Dr. B. B. Jain|
|Master Reasoning||Arihant Publication|
|Reasoning Test (Verbal and Non- Verbal)||Dr. M.B. Lal and A.K. Singh|
|TANCET Quantitative Aptitude||S.N. Jha|
Other than this students can follow the top e-learning platforms like unacademy, Testbook, Vedantu, BYJU's, etc. for better preparation. TANCET (MBA) 2021 exam day guidelines : Students should need to prepare mentally and physically on exam day. Students must be confident with their preparation to perform well in the TANCET test. Here are some useful points which are followed by students on the day of exam :
|Students must reach the examination center at least one hour before the start of the exam.||Electronic gazettes like smartphones, watches, calculators, cameras, etc. are not allowed inside the examination hall.|
|Students must carry admit card with a photo and identity proof at the examination center. Follow all the exam instructions as mentioned on the admit card. Students take transparent water bottles and prescribed medicine (if required).||Don't reach the examination center late. check the entry time mentioned in the admit card carefully.|
Benefits of qualifying TANCET :
There are several benefits to students after qualifying TANCET exam. Some of the important benefits are mentioned below :
- Students can secure their seats in top Colleges/Institutes of Tamil Nadu.
- Based on the TANCET scorecard students can get scholarships from SRM University, Shri Nandhanam Group of Institution, Sona College of Technology, Sankara Institute of Management, etc.
- Chance to secure admission in MBA program from reputed college to get good placement and career opportunities.
- Students can get many benefits from government schemes using the TANCET scorecard.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.