TISSNET Application Form 2020 : Registration Extended till Nov 30
TISSNET Application Form 2020 has been released on October 18, 2019 in online mode. TISSNET MBA Registration Deadline has been extended till November 30, 2019. Candidates willing to take the exam can fill TISSNET Application Form at admissions.tiss.edu. It is to be noted that the application has to be submitted in online mode only but the candidates belonging to remote areas having less internet access can write to TISS Mumbai for a printed application form. Last date for a receipt application form by post is December 3, 2019.
- Candidates may apply for more than one program (Maximum 3 program) through the same application form.
- Each candidate can fill only one application form.
- TISSNET 2020 will be conducted on January 4, 2020 in CBT mode from 2 pm to 3:40 pm.
- Candidate must hold a Graduate Degree from a recognized university/ institute to fill TISSNET application form. Check TISSNET Eligibility
- Candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 TISS courses across any of the TISS campuses.
- Candidates will also have to choose the exam city as per their convenience while filling the application form. Check Exam Centers
- Unemployed candidates, whose guardian’s annual income is less than INR 2.5 lakhs (SC/ST) and INR 1 lakh (OBC-NC) for the financial year of 2018-19, have to pay INR 250 as Concessional Application Fee per program.
- Candidate can apply for multiple programs and pay for each of those programs in ONE online form only.
- Application fee per program is INR 1030 (by Credit/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or INR 1000 + bank charges.
- Details related to TISS Admit Card will be communicated on the registered email ID & Mobile No.
Direct Link to Apply for TISSNET 2020
Highlights of TISSNET Application Form 2020
|Release of TISSNET Application Form 2020||October 18, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply for TISSNET||November 30, 2019|
|TISSNET Official Website||tiss.edu |
|Minimum Eligibility for TISSNET||Bachelor’s degree|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Expected Registration||Approx. 40000|
|TISS Contact Details||022- 25525252|
Check TISSNET 2020 Exam Dates
How to Apply for TISSNET 2020?
- TISS Registrations can be done via both- online and offline mode.
- The online form is available on the official website of TISS from October 18, 2019.
- Candidates opting for offline mode may send a request to Mumbai campus for a printed application form for TISSNET 2020.
To Apply Online
- Visit the official website for TISS i.e. admissions.tiss.edu.
- Create an account on TISS portal by providing your email ID and a password will be sent to you from TISS on the same ID.
- Login with the above-mentioned credentials in order to fill the form.
- Enter yourpersonal and academic details in the online form, choose your preferred courses and exam cities.
- Next, upload your signature and passport size photograph as per the defined specifications. Check TISSNET Photo Size and Other Details
- Also, upload all the documents required as per your Reservation Category.
- After that, pay the application fee as per the suitable mode.
- When you are done, click ‘Submit’.
- Post successful registration, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered ID.
To Apply Offline
There is a special provision to fill the form in offline mode for candidates havinglimited access to the internet(North-East, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, etc). Candidates from remote areas can also avail this facility. Mentioned below are the steps to follow to complete TISSNET Registration 2020:
- Send request for the form through speed post along with the application fee toTISS Mumbai Campus.
- Within a week, the application form will be sent to you via speed post.
- Fill TISSNET Application Form 2020 and attach Xeroxed copies of all the required documents. Make sure that they are attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- After that, send the application form via speed post at the same address at which you requested for the form.
To Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai, 400088
- Information related to TISSNET Admit Card and other official communication will be sent to the registered Email address.
TISSNET Application Fee 2020
The application fee varies for different categories and also depends on the number of programs, candidates are applying for. While applying for TISSNET, candidates can pay application fee through the following modes:
- Online payment by Credit/Debit Card
- Online payment by Net Banking.
- Cash deposit in any of the designated branches of SBI using the prescribed challan.
1. Online payment through Credit/Debit Cards/Net Banking
The application fee while paying through this mode is as mentioned below as per the category and number of programs one is applying for:
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category|
|Applying for 1 program||INR 1030||INR 260|
|Applying for 2 programs||INR 2060||INR 520|
|Applying for 3 programs||INR 3090||INR 780|
2. Cash deposit in any of the designated branch of SBI using the prescribed challan.
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC (NC) Category|
|Applying for 1 program||INR 1000 + bank charges||INR 250 + bank charges|
|Applying for 2 programs||INR 2000 + bank charges||INR 500 + bank charges|
|Applying for 3 programs||INR 3000 + bank charges||INR 750 + bank charges|
- Candidates who wish to pay by cash should note that SBI charges INR 50 as processing fee which would not be adjusted against application fee in any case.
- Candidates who are applying online but want to pay the application fee by cash payment should click on 'Cash'. Three copies of challan will be generated.
- While depositing cash at bank, one copy will be kept with a bank and other two will be returned with a banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates are required to scan the TISS copy and upload it.
TISSNET Registration for Foreign Candidates
International Applicants are also eligible to appear for TISSNET 2020. The steps are as follows:
- Visit email@example.com for admission related queries.
- One can apply via online as well as offline mode.
- Online Mode: Fill the attached admission form and send the scanned copies of the documents required to the international office.
- Offline Mode: Download the attached admission form and send the hard copies of the requisite documents at the international office.
- TISSNET Application Form must be submitted to:
International Relations Office (IRO),
Room No. 110, First Floor,
Academic Building No. 1, Malti and Jal A.D. Naoroji Campus,
Deonar Farms Road, Mumbai - 400 088, India
- Last date for submission of application form for international students will be January 31, 2020.
- International students facing any trouble while applying for TISSNET 2020, can contact the IRO at 91 22 2552 5919 / 5920.
Check TISSNET Syllabus
TISSNET Admission Rules for International Students
To get admission to TISS, foreign candidates have different TISS admission guidelines to follow. Some of the important points are given below:
- Students will not be allowed to change the selected program after the declaration of the final result.
- In case a student qualifies for more than 1 program, they have to inform IRO regarding their Choice within 2-3 days to facilitate the final registration.
- Transfer of Admission from one-TISS campus to another will not be allowed after the commencement of the program. Hence, any such request has to be communicated within a week of receiving the provisional selection information from TISS.
- Admission will be offered based on the priority of Program(s) mentioned in the application form.
- Any change in the application form/ submission of supporting documents will only be allowed before the commencement of the Online Written Test.
- If any statement furnished by the student is found incorrect at any time, he will be liable to be debarred permanently from the course.
- Admission of International Students will be confirmed only after verification of Original Certificates, Medical Fitness Test, and Payment of the required fees.
- All International Students will have to register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police station, within 2 weeks of arrival in India.
- IRO will help in providing letters and other necessary documents for the FRRO registration/ ID-Card/ Sim-Card/ House-lease etc.
- Candidates awaiting the result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission. They should have a clear understanding that their selection will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of the concerned course.
- Mark sheet/ Grade sheets/ certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
- No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full-time course of study if he is already admitted to any full – time course of study in TISS.
TISSNET Instructions for Foreign Candidates
Candidates must adhere to the below guidelines, in order to have successful TISS Admission:
- TISSNET Admission Process for International students is different from Indian Admission Process.
- All queries or completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an Online Essay Test/ International Entrance Test followed by a Skype/ Hangout Interview.
- International students have to download the respective application form and submit with all the specified documents to complete the application process.
- The submitted application form of TISSNET should be complete in all respects. Incomplete forms will not be considered for short-listing.
- In case you do not have all the relevant documents before the deadline, kindly inform the International Relations Office in advance to get the necessary approval for late submission.
- Only students who fulfil all the specified requirements (Academic) will be considered for the next processes.
- Online Written Test or International Entrance Test will be conducted for all the short-listed students in January 2020.
- The Skype/ Telephonic Interview for all the short-listed candidates will be conducted in last week in the last week of January 2020.
Note: Applications are accepted only through one channel and one cannot apply through both Indian and International channel.
Documents Required for TISSNET Registration
There are certain documents that need to be uploaded while filling TISS Application Form, irrespective of the category. Also, there are a few certificates mentioned below which a candidate need to upload as per their category. Those who are applying in offline mode should enclose these documents along with the Application form before sending it.
The list of documents varies as per the nationality of candidates. Read them below:
|General||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).|
|SC / ST (Annual income more than INR 2.5 lakhs)|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Caste / Tribe Certificate.
OBC (NC) (Annual income more than INR 1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar.
SC / ST (Annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs)
Photograph, Signature, Caster / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
OBC (NC) (Annual income less than INR 1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
|KM||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and KM certificate.|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
Armed Force certificate.
|Copy of the Degree and Academic Transcripts||If it is not in English, attach a copy translated into English for verification.|
|Scanned Passport||As a Proof of Nationality|
|Bonafide Certificate issued by the college||If pursuing final year degree (Bachelor's/ Masters/ M.Phil)|
|Income proof||Salary Slip of last 3 months/ Parent's income certificate)/ Proof of funds of last 3 month's Bank Statement/ Scholarship details|
|English Language Proficiency Certificate (only for Non-English Speaking Countries)||IELTS/ TOEFL|
|A typed copy of the Statement of Interest||In English; In about 1500 words for each applied programme on a separate Sheet, describing why are you interested in this programme?|
|Work Experience Certificate/ No Objection Certificate||From the Current Employer (if employed or Gap Certificate – if any)|
|2 Reference Letters||One preferably from last/ current University faculty and one from the Employer or for Freshers - both from the University Faculty. |
|Photocopy of Payment/ receipt of TISS Application Charge||-|
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TISSNET 2020, it is mandatory to check the eligibility criteria stated by the exam conducting authority. Candidate needs to fulfil the following requirements for meeting TISSNET Eligibility:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 bridge course pattern).
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for TISSNET if they have cleared all the subjects from Ist to 4th semester (if the degree is of three years) or from Ist to 6th semester (if the degree is 4 years).
- Only those candidates can apply who will fulfil all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's degree examination by June 11, 2020.
- Final year candidates and have not passed all the courses of their previous years can not apply for any masters’ courses offered by TISS.
- There is no specified age limit to apply for TISSNET.
TISSNET Eligibility for Foreign Nationals
- An international applicant (PIO/ OCI/ NRI) is allowed to apply for a maximum of 3 courses across campuses only.
- The basic eligibility conditions for international candidates are the same as for Indian candidates, except for 2 requirements:
- Students interested in applying for M.A. in Human Resource Management and Labour Studies Programme will additionally require a GMAT score of 610 and above.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency is essential only for an applicant who has studied in a University located in a non-English speaking country or whose mode of Instruction during previous Degree/ diploma was not English.
- Such a candidate has to provide any one of the following scores. The score should not be older than two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Academic version-minimum score of 6.5 is required.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL - iBT): a score of above 90/ or intermediate level performance.
Check TISSNET Exam Pattern
TISSNET Application Form/ Registration FAQs
Ques. What are the details about Income Certificate?
Ans. The required format of Income certificate is PDF and its size should not be more than 500 kb. Only candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NC) candidates are required to submit it. Some of the instructions regarding the same are given below:
- If the Applicant himself and/OR Parent/s And/Or Guardian /Other Family members employed.
- If the candidate's parent is a farmer.
- If the candidate's parent has own business.
- SC / ST candidate with their annual income is less than INR 2.5 lakhs.
- OBC (NC) candidate with annual income less than INR 1 lakh.
Ques. What are the specifications for all the documents to be uploaded in TISS Application Form?
Ans. Tabulated below are the specifications for each of the document:
|Documents||Format required||Size required|
|Passport Photo||JPG/PNG||113 pixels (width) X 170 pixels (height)|
|Signature||JPG/ PNG||302 pixels (width) X 132 pixels (height)|
|Income certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Caste/Tribe certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Armed force certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|PWD certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Kashmiri migrant certificate||PDF||500 kb|
Read more aboutTISS Photo & Signature Specifications
Ques. What is the procedure to resize Photograph and Signature?
Ans. Follow the below steps in order to resize your photograph and signature:
- Go to www.picresize.com
- Upload/ browse your signature and click on continue.
- After seeing the preview in step 1, scroll down in order to go to step 2 which is resize your picture.
- Select custom size from the drop-down list “Make my picture”.
- Enter the requisite height and width which is 132 and 302 pixels respectively.
- Now click on 'Save As' and save the picture in the required format of JPG/PNG and click on 'I am done resizing my image'.
Ques. I am not able to upload a document, what should I do?
Ans. In case you are facing any issue related to document uploading, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Keep all the mandatory documents to be uploaded ready before you log in.
Step 2: It is advisable to complete the registration in one session to minimize the possibility of the document not being uploaded.
Step 3: If a candidate closes the registration in between with/ without uploading the required documents, make sure to check if those documents were successfully uploaded when you log in the next time.
Step 4: If document upload fails once, you are advised to check the size or resolution or the file type of the documents you are uploading and re-upload the documents.
Step 5: In case, the candidate is not able to upload documents even after following the above steps then the documents can be e-mailed. Follow these instructions:
- Compose a mail to email@example.com
- Send from registered email id as in the online application form
- Subject : < <APPLICATION NO.> Issue in Document Upload: For e.g.: 6692 > Issue in Document Upload
In the email mention:
- Full Name
- Mobile number
- Registered Email ID
- Compress all the documents in one .Zip OR .Rar file.
- Name the Zip File as: <Application No.> Eg: 6692
- Recheck the contents and send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Make sure that the name, mobile no., city and Email ID should be the one as mentioned in the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College