Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test 2018 is conducted by Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), Tamil Nadu will be held in the month of October 2018. It is a state level examination for the recruitment of candidates into teaching field.
- There are 2 papers, Paper I for secondary grade teacher and Paper II for graduate teacher.
- Application form for TNTET can be purchased from Head Masters of Higher Secondary Schools notified by TRB, Tamil Nadu.
- Application Form will be available in July 2018.
- Exam will be pen paper based.
- TNTET certificate is valid for 7 years.
TNTET 2018 HIGHLIGHTS
|Exam name||Tamil Nadu teachers Eligibility Test|
|Commonly called||TNTET 2018|
|Conducting authority||Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB)|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Exam Category||State Level Examination|
|No. Of papers||2: Paper I and Paper II|
|Score validity||7 year|
TNTET 2018 IMPORTANT DATES
Tentative schedule for TNTET 2018 is given below. The official release of dates will be carried out later.
|Release of Application form||Second week of July 2018|
|Closing Date to fill Application Form||First week of August 2018|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Form||to be announced soon|
|TNTET 2018 Written Exam Paper-I (D.T.ed)||October 6, 2018|
|TNTET 2018 Written Exam Paper-II (B.ed)||October 7, 2018|
|Result announced on||November 2018|
TNTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for TNTET, their age should not be less than 18 years and should not exceed greater than 40 years. There will be age relaxation as per the Govt. rules and regulation.
PAPER - 1
- B.Ed in Nursery Teacher Training of 2 years BTC in Urdu and BTC/ Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education from a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET if you want to apply for Secondary Grade Teacher for classes I to V.
- Candidates who are appearing for D.E.Ed/B.Ed degree is also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are visually impaired are not eligible to write Paper I.
PAPER - 2
- B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Lit. degree with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography as major subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and B.Ed from a Recognized University if you are applying for Graduate Teacher.
- Candidates with B.Lit., (Tamil) degree should possess either B.Ed. or D.T.Ed. or TPT.
TNTET 2018 Application Form
The application form notification will be released latest by July 2018 on the official website. Application form is available in offline mode.
Take care while filling the application form. Application form with have shaded responses will be rejected. Follow the given steps for application form.
- TNTET application forms can be purchased during July 2018 from the Head Masters of Higher Secondary Schools notified by the Chief Educational Officers concerned.
- The Application forms and Prospectus can be bought on payment of Rs. 50/- in cash.
- The application sales centres will be notified in the official site http://www.trb.tn.nic.in
- The filled-in Application Form and the TRB Copy of the Fees Payment Challan must be kept inside the envelope provided and submitted in person in the Office of the District Educational Officer. Do not send the filled-in Application Form directly to the Teachers Recruitment Board. Such applications shall not be accepted and they will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are advised to get an acknowledgement on the photo copy of the application form.
- The examination fee is given below
- For General candidates - Rs. 500/-
- for SC/ST/ PWD Candidates- Rs. 250/
TNTET 2018 Admit card/ Hall Ticket
TNTET 2018 hall ticket can be downloaded on online mode from the official website. The admit card will not be posted or mailed to anyone individually. Follow the given directions to download TNTET 2018 Hall ticket. Without the hall ticket candidate will not be allowed to enter inside the examination hall.
- Visit the official website http://trb.tn.nic.in.
- Select the link for TNTET 2018.
- From the drop-down menu select HALL TICKET.
- Read the instructions provided.
- Select “Click here to download the Hall-Ticket”
- Download the copy and take printouts.
TNTET 2018 Exam Pattern
TNTET 2018 question Paper will have 150 Multiple Choice Questions. The duration of the examination is 3 hours. It is an OMR sheet based examination. Each right answer will be awarded one mark. There will not be any negative marking in the exam. Paper I and Paper II will concentrate on different subjects. Refer the following details to know about the pattern of each paper
|Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6 – 11)||30||30|
|Language I – (Tamil/Telugu/ Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
|Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to 11 – 14 Years)||30||30|
|Language I – (Tamil/Telugu/ Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30||30|
|a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science or b) For Social Science Teacher: Social Science or c) Any Other Teacher [(a) or (b)]||60||60|
Check TNTET 2018 Exam Pattern
TNTET 2018 Answer Keys
- Tentative answer keys will be published once the exams are over.
- The candidates who have objections can submit it along with supporting materials within 5 days from date of release of tentative key.
- Any objections and materials produced beyond the stipulated time will not be accepted.
- After consideration of such the objections, final key answers would be published by TRB later.
TNTET 2018 Results
- TNTET 2018 Results will be released in the official website http://trb.tn.nic.in.
- Marks of all the candidates will be released after notifying about the release of results in the Press / Media.
- The decision of the TRB on the eligibility of the candidate to appear for the examination will be final.
- Candidates who secure 60% or more in the TET Paper I or Paper II examination will be considered to have passed TNTET 2018 examination.
- TET certificate will be issued only to the candidates who have passed TNTET Paper I or Paper II.
- TET Certificate will be valid for 7 years.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College