Tripura Joint Entrance Examination or TJEE is a state-level exam conducted by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE). The exam was scheduled to be held on June 23, 2021 but now remains postponed until further notice due the rising number of COVID 19 cases. Candidates seeking admission in undergraduate Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Paramedical, and other professional courses can apply online.
- June 15: Tripura JEE Exam Date has been postponed by TBJEE.
- April 25: Last date to register for Tripura JEE has been extended till April 30, 2021.
TJEE is conducted in 6 cities i.e. Dharmanagar, Kailasahar, Ambassa, Udaipur, Santirbazar, and Agartala. Tripura JEE 2021 Admit Card will be released in the 2nd week of June tentatively. The exam comprises of 4 papers – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology and the exam duration is 2 hours. Read More TJEE Exam Pattern
TJEE 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||TJEE (Tripura Joint Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Body||Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|No. of Question Papers||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)|
|Duration||2 hours each exam (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology)|
|Total Marks||100 marks (each subject)|
|Total Time||120 minutes (each paper)|
|Application Fee (In INR)|| |
General Male– 550
SC/ST Male – 450
BPL UR (Male and Female) and All-Female – 350
BPL SC/ST – 350
TJEE 2021 Exam Dates
|Release of online application form||April 5, 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||April 30, 2021|
|Issue of admit card||2nd week of June 2021|
|Uploading of model answer key||June 25, 2021|
|Objections against TJEE 2021 answer key||June 25 to 30 (up to 5 pm)|
|Publication of result||To be announced|
TJEE 2021 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill all the necessary requirements laid by the exam conducting body to appear in the exam. The application of a candidate will be valid only if they fulfill the minimum pre-requisite criteria for appearing in the exam. Eligibility criteria for Tripura JEE 2021 entrance examination are mentioned below.
Nationality/State of Eligibility
- An applicant must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Tripura.
- If they are not a resident of Tripura, then their parents must have been residing in the state of Tripura for not less than 10 years.
- Students whose parents are All India Services Officers born in Manipur- Tripura Cadre can appear for the exam without having been a resident too.
- Children of the employees of the State Government posted outside Tripura are eligible to take Tripura JEE.
- Candidates whose parents are deputed as the Central Government Officer and have served in Tripura continuously for a period of 3 years or more are also eligible to appear for the exam if they have appeared or will be appearing for Higher Secondary Examination from an Institution of Tripura.
- Wards of Ex-Servicemen, candidates or their parents must have been staying in Tripura continuously for not less than 5 years. The time should be immediately prior to the date of application for Tripura JEE 2021.
- Children of Defense personnel (Army/Navy/Air Force) hailing from Tripura, the children must have resided in Tripura for not less than 5 years.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from Tripura Board of Secondary Education/CBSE/ or any equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as main subjects.
- Candidates who have passed or are due to appear in the higher secondary examination conducted by Tripura Board of Secondary Education/Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent board.
TJEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates fulfilling the required eligibility criteria laid down by the exam conducting authority can fill TJEE 2021 Application Form in online mode only. The major steps involved in TJEE application process is given below:
Step 1 – Registration
- Go to the official website i.e. tbjee.nic.in.
- Enter your e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Click on “Submit” to register successfully.
- Login using the registered e-mail ID and mobile number to get “User Reference ID”.
Step 2 – Edit Your Profile
- Login to your profile
- Fill all the details in the Edit Profile Form (It is mandatory to fill Edit Profile Form, otherwise, candidates won’t be able to fill the online application form).
- Documents required while filling “Edit Profile Form”-
- One Scanned Copy of Photograph
- One Scanned Copy of Signature
- One Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate/Ration Card (if applicable)
- One Scanned Copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Step 3 – Fill Application Form
- Log in to the official website.
- Fill in all relevant personal and educational details on the form – Name, Correspondence Address, Number, Age, Guardian’s Name etc. and Class X mark sheet along with Class XII mark sheet. or appearing details like roll number, the board appeared for etc.
- Fill in the preferred examination centre by ranking preference. The centres will be allotted according to availability.
- Candidates may edit/correct the application form before final submission.
- Click on “Submit” for final submission of the application form.
Step 4 – Make Payment
- Candidates may submit the application fee using Credit/Debit Card, Netbanking through the Payment Gateway provided by the exam authority.
- Once paid, no fee will be refunded.
Step 5 – Print Acknowledgement
- Once the candidate have filled the application fee, they can print the application acknowledgement for future reference.
- Payment receipt will also be provided to the candidates.
TJEE 2021 Application Fee
|Category||Examination Fee (in INR)|
|SC & ST Male||450/-|
|All Female and BPL Male||350/-|
Check List of Enclosures:
- Proof of Age - Admit card of class X or equivalent/School Leaving Certificate/Birth Certificate
- Admit card/Enrollment Certificate of class XII or equivalent examination/Certificate from the concerned institution as a proof of appearing in class XII or equivalent examination
- Mark sheets of class X and XII or equivalent examination (if already passed)
- PRTC from the appropriate authority of the applicant or his/her parents
- Certificate of caste (SC/ST) from the competent authority
- Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate issued by the competent authority (2 photocopies)
- Certificate regarding the period of stay of Candidate/Father/Mother for not less than five years in case of wards of Ex-Serviceman/Serving Defense Personnel, issued by the competent authority. (2 photocopies)
- Certificate showing the proof of Ex-Serviceman/Serving Defense Personnel, issued by the appropriate authority (2 photocopies)
- Copy of seat surrendered certificate (if applicable)
- Three Passport size photographs of the applicant to be affixed and signed on these at appropriate spaces of the application form
- A self-addressed envelope (30cm X 13cm) with postal stamp of INR 5 affixed to it
- Copy of e-Challan (Board's part) with Banker's stamp
- Copy of BPL card/Ad hoc BPL certificate from the appropriate authority (if applicable)
TJEE 2021 Admit Card
Admit card for TJEE 2021 will be available on the official website of TBJEE. Successfully registered candidates can download their admit card by using their email-id and password. It is to be noted that no printed admit card will be sent to the candidates via post. The steps to download the admit card is given below.
- Go on the official website i.e. tbjee.nic.in
- Find the link for Tripura JEE 2021 Admit Card and click on the same
- Enter your login credentials i.e. email-id and password.
- Admit card will appear on the screen. Print the same and save for future reference.
Details Mentioned on TJEE Admit Card
- Applicants’ name
- Roll number
- Test date & time
- Venue for entrance exam etc.
Candidates will need to carry the TJEE 2021 admit card to the test centre to appear in the entrance exam. The admit card should be kept safe by candidates even after the exam will be concluded as they will be required to produce the admit card for counselling for admissions to various undergraduate engineering programs.
Note: - No candidate will be allowed to enter the test centre without Admit Card.
TJEE 2021 Exam Centers
Given below is the list of Exam Centers for Tripura JEE 2021. Candidates need to select their exam centres according to their feasibility.
Once allotted, the exam centre cannot be changed, and the conducting body holds the judgment to allot the exam centre. The allotment of the exam center is done depending upon their availability and number of candidates a centre can accommodate.
What is TJEE Exam Pattern?
- TJEE exam will comprise of 4 different subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Candidates seeking admission to Engineering / Technological Degree Courses belong to Ground A and they will write the exam for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates seeking admission to Medical / Agricultural / Veterinary / Fishery and other such courses belong to Group-B and they will write the exam for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates seeking admission to Group C course will with the exam for all four subjects.
- All four subjects will have four different question papers.
Given below is the summary of Group codes according to which the candidate will appear for the exam
|Group Code||Selected Course||Exam Subjects|
|Group - A||Engineering / Technological Degree Courses||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Group - B||Medical / Agricultural / Veterinary / Fishery etc.||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Group - C||Both Group – A & B||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology|
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Sections in Paper||4 Sections (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology)|
|Number of Questions||50 compulsory questions per subject|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Question Type||Objective Type (MCQs)|
TJEE 2021 Syllabus
Tripura JEE 2021 Syllabus includes topics from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Biology. Below is a list of important topics that candidates must study
Mathematics & Physics Syllabus
|Sets, Relations & Functions,||Physics & Measurement,|
|Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations,||Laws of Motion,|
|Matrices & Determinants,||Kinematics,|
|Permutations & Combinations,||Work, Energy & Power,|
|Binomial Theorem,||Gravitation, Rotational Motion,|
|Mathematical Induction,||Properties of Solids & Liquids, Kinetic Theory of Gases,|
|Limit,||Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Oscillations & Waves,|
|Continuity & Differentiability,||Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism,|
|Sequences & Series||Current Electricity,|
|Differential Equations||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents,|
|, Integral Calculus,||Optics,|
|Three-Dimensional Geometry,||Electromagnetic Waves,|
|Co-ordinate Geometry,||Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation,|
|Statistics & Probability,||Electronic Devices,|
|Vector Algebra,||Atoms & Nuclei,|
|Mathematical Reasoning and Trigonometry.||Communication Systems, etc.|
|Physical Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||Organic Chemistry|
|Atomic Structure||Hydrogen,||Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry,|
|States of Matter||Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties||Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds,|
|Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure,||f – Block Elements, Environmental Chemistry, etc.||Organic Compounds Containing Halogens,|
|Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, etc||General Principles & Process of Isolation of Metals,||Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen,|
|-||-||Polymers, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, BioMolecules,|
|-||-||Principles Related to Practical Chemistry, Chemistry in Everyday Life, etc|
|Biology and Human Welfare||Morphology of Plants and Animals|
|Environment||Physiology of Plants and Animals|
|Biotechnology and its Applications||Taxonomy and Classification|
|Genetics and Evolution||Nervous System|
|Reproduction||Cell and Cell Division|
Best Books for TJEE 2021
Given below are few best-rated study material for the preparation of Tripura JEE exam:
- Concepts of Physics (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Understanding Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd.
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tondon
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Trigonometry and Geometry book by S.L. Loney
- Calculus by I.A. Maron
- S. Chand Biology for class XII by Sarita Aggarwal
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology for Class XII by K.N. Bhati and N.P. Tyagi
TJEE 2021 Result
TBJEE will be release Tripura JEE 2021 Result on October 20, 2021(tentatively) for shortlisting, counselling and to various B.Tech/ B.E. programs in the university. The result can be obtained on the official website of the exam conducting authority.
Steps to obtain Tripura JEE 2021 Result
- Open the website and click on the link that reads Tripura JEE 2021 Results.
- Enter registered enrollment number in the window that appears
- Click on the “Submit” button
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Result window will show the marks obtained in the entrance exam along with merit position in the qualifying entrance exam.
- Candidates must download the result for future correspondence
TJEE 2021 Counselling
Aspirants who will clear the cutoff marks of Tripura JEE 2021 will be listed in Tripura JEE 2021 Merit List. The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks scored in accordance with their ranks. The highest scorer will get rank 1 in the merit list and candidate with marks equal to the cutoff will be placed at the bottom of the list. Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment on the basis of TJEE 2021 Merit List.
Tripura JEE 2021 Counselling is conducted by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) for admissions to undergraduate engineering program across the state engineering colleges. The qualified candidates need to appear in person for counselling and will be required to produce the below-mentioned documents for verification.
Documents for TJEE 2021 Counselling:
- Permanent Residence of Tripura Certificate (PRTC)
- Admit Card TJEE 2021
- Mark Sheet of Class XII
- Attested copies of mark sheet of Class XII have to be submitted
- Category certificate (if applicable)
TJEE 2021 seat allocation?
Given below are the number of seats every participating college has provided to different streams of Engineering in Tripura JEE 2021 Seat Intake.
|Name of Institution/College||Course & Branch||Available Seats|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Civil Engineering||43|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Mechanical Engineering||43|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Electrical Engineering||44|
|TIT, Narsingarh, Agartala||Computer Science & Engineering||43|
|Nagaland University||Computer Science & Engineering||01|
|TIT, Narsingarh, Agartala||Electronics & Telecom Engineering||43|
|Nagaland University||Electronics & Telecom Engineering||01|
TJEE 2021 FAQs
Q1. Name the exam centres where Tripura JEE will be held.
Ans. The exam will be held at Dharmanagar, Kailasahar, Ambassa, Udaipur and Agartala.
Q2. When will Tripura JEE 2021 Admit card be released? How candidates can obtain it?
Ans. TJEE 2021 Admit card will release in March 2021. Candidates can obtain the Admit card offline through India Post.
Q3. If, candidates are unable to obtain the admit card on time, what could be done?
Ans. If candidates didn’t receive the admit card then they must contact the office of the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination.
Q4. Can candidates obtain the admit card if the application form is incomplete?
Ans. In case, if the application form is incomplete, the admit card will not be issued.
Q5. How can I make corrections in the Application form once submitted?
Ans. To make corrections in TJEE Application form, candidates need to contact the office at the following address:
Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination,
Old Secretariat Complex
Q6. What are the documents that candidates must bring along with the Admit card at the examination centre?
Ans. Candidates must bring the following documents along with them:
- Self-attested copies of original documents
- Copy of Application form receipt
- SL. No. and Objection No. of the candidate is in the objection list
Q7. Are the children of the state and central government employees are eligible for TJEE exam?
Ans. Though candidates who do not belong to Tripura are not allowed to sit for the exam, the children of the state and central government employees are eligible for TJEE exam.
Q8. What are the names of the colleges from where I can collect TJEE Application form 2021?
Ans. Given below is the list of colleges from where one can obtain TJEE 2021 Application form:-
- Govt. Degree College. Dharmanagar
- R.K. Mahavidyalaya, Kailashahar
- D.D. Memorial College, Khowai
- Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College, Belonia
- N.S. Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur
- Dhalai District Polytechnic, Ambassa
- Govt. Degree College, Santirbazar
Q9. How many candidates need to pay for application and brochure? In which mode the fees can be paid?
Ans. Candidates have to pay INR 100 for both application and brochure. It can be paid in cash or through postal order only.
Q10. Which subjects are included in Tripura JEE?
Ans. Tripura JEE offers 4 subjects for TJEE namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidate needs to select 1 subject out of Mathematics and Biology and rest are compulsory.
Q11. Is there negative marking in the exam??
Ans. No, there is no negative marking. So, candidates can freely attempt all the questions.
Q12. Why is it always advisable to practise the sample papers or model papers?
Ans. Model papers are the mirror image to the actual question paper. Candidate must solve these to get familiar with the pattern and type of questions in the actual exam.
Q13. When will the Answer key be released officially?
Ans. The answer keys will be available on the official website on the last week of April.
Q14. Can candidates challenge the answer key in the model answer key?
Ans. Yes, candidates can challenge the answer in the model answer key.
Q15. What is the benefit of releasing the Answer key of the exam? When can I access the answer key of TJEE on the official website?
Ans. With the help of answer key, candidates can cross-check their answers that they have marked on the answer sheet in the paper and can evaluate their performance. The final answer key will only be released after considering all the feedback.
Q16. Can I submit the feedback against answer key at any time? Where can I send the feedback?
Ans. No, candidates must submit the feedback against answer key within the given time frame. The feedback must send to the admission authority at email@example.com
Q17. When will the result be announced? How can I check the result?
Ans. The result will be announced in the first week of June 2021. It can be checked through online mode i.e. on the official website of TJEE.
Q18. How can I check my result? What information is included in the result?
Ans. The result can be checked by entering the registered Enrolment number. You will find your marks and merit rank in the result.
Q19. If the candidates’ rank is lower than the cut-off, will they be eligible for the admission?
Ans. No. To take admission, it is mandatory to clear the cut-off.
Q20. When will the merit list be released? Can merit list be changed once it is published?
Ans. The merit list will be released alongside the result announcement. Once the merit list is released no changes will be entertained.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.