UCEED 2019 is scheduled on January 19, 2019. Candidates will have to fill the online application form completely to sit for the exam. UCEED 2019 will be conducted in online mode only. The medium of question will be English.
- It is an objective type exam.
- Duration of the exam is three hours.
- The first two sections hold 20 marks each and third section includes multiple choice questions covering 40 marks in total.
- The first two types focus on numbers and multiple select type questions respectively.
- Each correct answer for the first two sections will fetch candidate 4 marks straight away.
UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern
The details regarding UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern have been tabulated below:
|Number of questions||80|
|Number of sections||3: Numerical Ability, Multiple Select Type and Multiple-Choice Type|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Section A and Section B: +4 marks Section C: +3 marks|
|Negative marking||In section C only: -1 marks|
UCEED 2019 Marking scheme
UCEED 2019 is conducted for total duration of 3 hours for 300 marks questions, which are well distributed in three parts. Section A comprises questions related to numerical ability. Section B comprises multiple select questions so there can be more than one correct answer. One needs to use a virtual keyboard to feed in the answers. The marking scheme for both the sections remain same.
- Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks each.
- There is no negative marking for this section.
- If any question remains unattended then there will be no positive or negative marking for that.
Section C is little different from the first two sections which covers multiple choice questions.
- Only one answer will be correct from the given choices.
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with +3 marks.
- There is negative marking in this section, so an incorrect answer will be penalized with 1 mark.
- Unattended questions will be considered zero.
|Section||Marks per correct answer||Negative marking|
UCEED 2019 Syllabus
UCEED 2019 syllabus revolves around six topics namely,
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
Visualization and spatial ability
- Focuses on diagrammatic representation of data.
- It highlights the aspect of interpretation of large volume of data in pictorial form.
- This helps representing complex data in a simple format.
Observation and design sensitivity
- It enhances the ability to extract hidden data.
- Analysis and logical reasoning plays an important role in defining both people and situation critically.
- This also helps improvise the difference between tangible and intangible objects.
Environmental and social awareness
- It is about the general awareness about the natural resources, temperature and climate.
- Resources like; water, minerals, vegetation all combine to create the natural resource which needs to be utilized optimally.
- This requires good amount of designing and planning.
- The subject also revolves around designing artifacts.
Analytical and logical reasoning
- This gives one insight how analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data can be done through analytics and understanding.
- Every situation, solution and concept can be weighed through analytics.
- It also gives a clear understanding that there is no place for bias opinion and assumptions.
- All are based on data and one need to logically understand and interpret data.
- So, this area covers questions for data interpretation and brainteaser options.
Language and creativity
- This is a wide array where candidates can show their creativity along with a proper display of their grasp over English language.
- Knowledge in terms of grammar, tenses, verbs, vocabularies and thought process will be gauged.
- Creativity and innovations plays a big role here.
Design thinking and problem solving
- This area will judge if students can identify and analyze complex data.
- Candidate need to identify problem and generate a solution that will best fit to the situation.
- Generating solution will also involve reviewing the options available.
UCEED entrance exam will be held on fourth week of January 2019. In case of any change in date it will be informed prior through website update. Candidates need to check the website on a regular basis to stay updated.
UCEED 2019 Recommended Books
|Visualization and spatial ability||Creative Visualization: Using Imagery and Imagination for Self-Transformation||Ronald Shone||892817070|
|Visualization and spatial ability||Spatial Reasoning in the Early Years: Principles, Assertions, and Speculations||Brent Davis||1138792047|
|Observation and design sensitivity||UCEED (B.DES) ENTRANCE BOOKS AND TEST SERIES||Afaindia||B01M9IH2EU|
|Environmental and social awareness||CCE Awareness Environmental Studies Introductory||Abha Sahgal||8121921791|
|Environmental and social awareness||Ecological Intelligence: Knowing the Hidden Impacts of What We Buy||Daniel Goleman||B002RI90QS|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT & Other Management Entrance Tests||Peeyush Bhardwaj||9352038541|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.k Gupta||8178120380|
|Language and creativity||Mind Reader||Lior Suchard||62298089|
|Language and creativity||Language and Creativity: The Art of Common Talk||Ronald Carter||415234492|
|Design thinking and problem solving||Change by design||Tim Brown||62337386|
|Design thinking and problem solving||Complete Design Thinking Guide for Successful Professionals||Daniel Ling||B01BT3HT2I|
Exam Day Instructions
- UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern follows OMR sheet of capturing answers.
- So, candidates must carry dark HB pencils for their answers to get recognized easily by computer.
- Details like name, roll number need to be filled carefully.
- All the instructions mentioned on OMR sheet needs to be read carefully in order to avoid any possible mistake.
- Read the questions carefully and with full concentration since there might be time constrain if one wastes too much time on one question.
- All three sections need to be attempted with equal zeal hence time distribution is very important to allot equal time to all three sections.
- Any questions which remains unattempt will be null and void so the score will improve with more questions attempted.
- Since the last section also carries negative marking so it will be advisable to invest more time on this section and try to do less mistake on this section.
- Rest all will depend on your preparation and zeal to crack UCEED 2019 for a better future.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College