UPCATET is state level exam conducted on a rotational basis by four agricultural universities in Uttar Pradesh. This Year Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur, will be organising the exam for candidates seeking admission in UG, PG and research programs in agricultural courses. UPCATET 2021 will be held tentatively in May 2021 in offline mode.
- The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi language.
- The question paper comprises 200 multiple choice questions of 600 marks.
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks and every incorrect response 1 mark will be deducted.
- The exam will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
- UPCATET Syllabus is different for different courses, set by the conducting body. Check UPCATET Syllabus
UPCATET 2021 Pattern Highlights
Candidates can check below the table to know the basic highlights of UPCATET Exam Pattern
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Section||Vary according to the programme|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple-choice questions|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
UPCATET 2021 Exam Pattern
UPCATET examination pattern is different for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The question paper comprises 200 multiple choice questions complete in three hours duration.
- There are four groups of paper: PCB, PCM, PAG, and PHS
- Students appearing in the PCB Group can take admission in subjects such as Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry and Veterinary Science.
- Candidates applying for PCM group can secure admission in Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science and B.Tech programs.
- PAG Group comprises Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Biotechnology subjects.
- The PHS Group in UPCATET is only meant for candidates seeking admission in B.Sc Home Science subject.
The table below depicts the four groups of question paper along with their pattern:
|Group of Papers||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Group of Question|
(Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
|Animal Husbandry & Dairying||10|
|Agriculture Statistics & Mathematics||20|
(Art Stream with Home Science)
Note: Students who have studied PCMB Subjects i.e. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology) in XII standard can either opt. for PCB or PCM paper
- The pattern for postgraduate programs is based on the syllabus prescribed in the graduation of the respective disciplines.
- Duration of pg courses exam is 3 hours excepted MBA.
- It consists of 200 multiple choice questions
Candidates can check below for all the respective programs.
|Programme||Exam Abbreviations||Subject||No. of questions||Group of Question|
|M.Sc. (Home Science)||MHS||1. General Studies||25||A|
|2. Food and Nutrition||35||B|
|3. Home Management||35|
|4. Child Development||34|
|5. Home Science Extension Education||34||C|
|6. Clothing & Textiles||32|
|M.Sc. (Ag.)/M.Sc. (Hort.)||MAG||1.General Studies||25||B|
|2.Agronomy & Agrometeorology||15|
|6.Animal Husbandry & Dairying||09|
|8.Genetics & Plant Breeding||11|
|11.Plant Pathology & Nematology||09|
|M.V.Sc.||MVS||1. General Studies,||25||B|
|2. Vet. Microbiology||10|
|4. Surgery & Radiology||10|
|5. Animal Genetics & Breeding||10|
|6. Animal Nutrition||10|
|7. Physiology and Biochemistry||20|
|8. Pharmacology & Toxicology||15|
|11. Epidemiology & Public Health||10|
|15. Veterinary Anatomy||10|
|16. Livestock Products Technology||10|
|M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering/ Process |
and Food Engineering/irrigation and
Drainage Engineering/ Farm Machinery
and Power Engineering
|MTA||1. General Studies||25||A|
|2. Milling of Agril. Produce||26||B|
|3. Storage Engg.||26|
|4. Engineering Properties of Bio-material||26|
|5. Heat and Mass Transfer||22|
|6. Dairy and Food Engg.||26|
|7. Farm Machinery and Power||22||C|
|8. Soil and Water conservation and Irrigation Engg.||27|
|M.Tech. (Mechanical Engg.)||MTM||1. General Studies||25||A|
|2. Thermodynamics, I.C. Engine||24||B|
|3. Power Plant Engg.||24|
|4. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||24|
|5. Heat and Mass Transfer||25|
|6. Fluid Mechanics||25|
|7. Machine Design||26||C|
|8. Production Engg. Industrial Engg.||27|
|M.Tech./M.Sc. (Biotechnology)||MTB||1. General Studies||25||A|
|2. Molecular Biology & Genetic Engg.||23||B|
|3. Cell Biology||23|
|4. Pathology & Microbiology||23|
|5. Immunology / Animal Biotechnology||23|
|6. Biochemistry & Physiology||23||C|
|7. Commercial Biotechnology||23|
|8. Recombinant DNA Technology||23|
|MBA (Agri-Business)||MBA||1.General Knowledge, reasoning and aptitude||70|
|2.General English of High School Standard||30|
|M.F.Sc. (Master of Fisheries Science)||MFS||1. General Studies||25||A|
|3. Fisheries Resource Management||36|
|4. Aquatic Environment Management||33|
|5. Aquatic Animal Healh Management||28|
|6. Fish Processing Technology||20||C|
|7. Fisheries Enginerring||10|
|8. Fisheries Extension, Economics and Statistcs||10|
|M.Sc. forestry||MAF||1. General Studies||25||A|
|2. Principles of Silviculture||20||B|
|3. Silvicultural Systems||20|
|4. Forest Mensuration||20|
|5. Wood Science & Technology||15|
|6. Fundamentals of Forest Protection||20|
|8. Social Forestry||20|
|9. Forest Ecology and Management||20|
|10. Forest Nursery and Afforestation Techniques||20|
UPCATET Exam Pattern for MBA (Agriculture Business)
- Students have to appear for the screening test which consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- Time duration to complete the test is 2 hours
- Those students who have qualified the exam will be shortlisted on the basis of merit list for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview shall carry 50 and 150 marks.
- The time duration to complete the PhD test is 2 hours.
- The paper consist of 100 multiple choice questions carrying 300 marks
- The paper is divided into three sections i.e. A, B and C.
|Programme||Abbreviations of the Exam||Subject||No. of questions||Group of Questions|
|PhD (Agriculture)||PDA||General Studies||20||A|
|PhD (Horticulture)||PDH||General Studies||20||A|
|PhD (Home Science)||PDHS||General Studies||20||A|
|PhD (Veterinary Science)||PDV||General Studies||20||A|
|PhD (Agril. Engg.)||PDT||General Studies||20||A|
|PhD Agroforestry||PDAF||General Studies||20||A|
- For every correct answer, 3 marks are awarded to the students.
- Candidates are advised to read the questions carefully because for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
- No marks are deducted for the unattempted questions.
UPCATET 2021 Syllabus
UPCATET Syllabus is based on the high school standard Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates can check below the basic syllabus for all the programs in the test.
Undergraduate Program: Syllabus prescribed by UP Board for Intermediate Examination in the concerned subject
Master Program: Syllabus of Undergraduate course in the concerned subject
PhD Program: Syllabus of Master Programme of the concerned subject
Statistics for PhD programme
- Measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Skewness and kurtosis
- Normal distribution (properties only)
- Test of significance (t, Z, f and X2 – test)
- Regression and correlation (including partial and multiple correlations with their test of significance)
- Sampling theory with reference to crop estimation survey (random, stratified and multistage sampling).
- Analysis of variance
- Principles of experimental designs
- Completely Randomized Design
- Randomized Block Design
- Latin Square Design
- Factorial Experiments (23 factorial experiments)
- Split Plot design
- Analysis of Covariance
- Missing plot Technique ( in R.B.D. and L.S.D. with one value missing)
- Sponsored Links
MBA (Agri. Business) Program
- General Knowledge
- Reasoning & Aptitude
- General English of High School Standard
UPCATET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
All the candidates appearing for the test are required to adhere to the instructions mentioned below to avoid any inconvenience on the day of UPCATET:
- Students are advised to download UPCATET 2021 Admit Card from the official website before the exam.
- Candidates should carry the admit card along with relevant identity proof at the allocated exam centers.
- Without admit card, students are not allowed to appear for the exam.
- Any kind of electronic gadget such as log tables, electronic watches, mobile phones, pagers, calculators, etc. is prohibited inside the exam.
- Students must reach the examination centre on or before time.
- In case of any discrepancy in information on the admit card or if the photograph is not clear, contact the authorities to make the necessary changes.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.