UPSC CAPF 2018: Check Merit list and Result
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), a constitutional body conducts UPSC CAPF (UPSC Central Armed Police Forces) for making a merit based selection for Assistant Commandants in 179 posts. The recruitment is for Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
|UPSC CAPF Exam pattern||UPSC CAPF Result||UPSC CAPF Cutoff|
The exam has been successfully conducted on August 12, 2018. Those candidates who appear in the exam can check the result on the official website which will be announced on Last week of August, 2018.
- UPSC CAPF is conducted in 4 Phases i.e., Written Exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests, Interview/Personality Test, Final Selection/Merit
- Basic eligibility is that candidate should be 20 years before August 2, 1993 and maximum age limit is 25 years later than August 1, 1998.
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.Com / B.A. / B.Sc / B.Tech / BBA etc) from recognised university
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in
UPSC CAPF 2018 Highlights Table
The table shows important highlights about UPSC CAPF 2018 recruitment:
|Date of UPSC CAPF 2018||August 12, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Number of posts||179|
|Name of Post||Assistant Commandants|
|Selection process||Written Exam|
|Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests|
UPSE CAPF 2018 Dates
UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam is held in 4 Phases. 1st Phase is written exam. Important events of UPSC CAPF 2018 written exam are as follows:
|Official notifications||April 25, 2018|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||May 21, 2018|
|UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam||August 12, 2018|
|Written Exam Result||Last week of August, 2018|
UPSC CAPF 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF 2018 is based on some factors like age, nationality, gender, academic qualification, physical standard and number of attempts. Each factor of eligibility criteria for UPSE CAPF 2018 is as follows:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National. If Central Government give consent in writing for the rules of appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan nationals, candidates from these countries will be eligible for UPSC CAPF 2018.
- Gender: Male and Female the candidates are eligible for UPSC CAPF 2018 and appointment to the post of Central Armed Police Force.
- Age Limits:
|Age Limits||Minimum 20 Years Born earlier than August 2, 1993|
Maximum 25 Years Born later than August 1, 1998
|Relaxation in Age Limits||Reserved Category: ST / SC – 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Reserved Category: OBC - 3 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Civilian Central Govt. Servant: 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from|
January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989 – 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit
- Educational Qualifications:
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.Com / B.A. / B.Sc / B.Tech / BBA etc) from University recognised, incorporated and founded under the rules of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions / universities / founded by Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956
NOTE 1: A candidate, who has appeared in final exam of Graduation, will also be eligible for admission to UPSC CAPF exam. At the time of final selection after qualifying in written exam, physical & medical test and interview, candidate will have to produce proof of having qualified graduation degree exam.
NOTE II: In some cases, the UPSC may permit a candidate to apply for UPSC CAPF who is not eligible as per academic qualification, if candidate has passed an exam organized by the other Institutions, the standard of which justifies for applying at the discretion of UPSC
NOTE III: A professional and technical qualifications (B.Tech / M.Tech / B.Arch etc.) which are recognised by Central / State Government as professional or technical degree would also be eligible for UPSC CAPF.
- Constraint on re-attempting for candidates who have been selected earlier: A candidate who got selected in an earlier exam to the post of CAPF in any of the forces participating in UPSC CAPF (Assistant Commandants) exam will not be permitted to appear at a subsequent UPSC CAPF exam for Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to UPSC CAPF Exam, 2018.
Check HereUPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CAPF 2018 Application Form
Application Form for UPSC CAPF 2018 will be made available online at official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsconine.nic.in after the issue of notification for UPSC CAPF 2018.
Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
Candidate must understand below given instructions before submitting UPSC CAPF 2018 Application Form:
- While filling in Online Application Form for UPSC CAPF 2018, the candidate should carefully decide about the choice for Center for UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam. If candidate reaches to any other center which was not allotted by UPSC or selected by candidate, and also not mentioned on Admit Card, candidature of candidate will be treated as rejected.
- If application for UPSC CAPF 2018 is remained incomplete will be rejected immediately. No request or application will be admitted in such a case of rejection under any circumstances.
- Application form for UPSC CAPF 2018 will be submitted only through online mode. The candidates applying for UPSC CAPF 2018 exam must confirm the eligibility conditions for admission to the exam.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Application form will be completed in 2 parts. First part is registration process. On submitting this part of application form Registration ID will be generated. In the Second part candidate will have to login with Registration ID and Password i.e., Date of Birth and then second part of the UPSC CAPF 2018 application form will be displayed.
Step by Step guidance for Filling in UPSC CAPF 2018 Application form:
- Go to www.upsconline.nic.in
- Go to Apply Online and Click on it
- Select Online Application for UPSC CAPF 2018
- Application form will open
- Submit required information for registration like: Name, Date of Birth, Parents Name, Address, Applying for, Qualification, Nationality, Email Address and Mobile Number
- Submit Form
- Registration Information will be sent to Email Address
- Note RID (Registration ID) and Password (Date of Birth)
- Go for Second Part of Application Form using same above given Website
- Login in with RID and Password in
- Feed Required Information such as:
- Academic Qualification
- Categories i.e. ST / SC/ OBC / Central or State Govt. Employee / etc
- Physical Measurement i.e. Chest, Height, Weight etc and Fitness
- Center for UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam
- Scanned Images of Self Photograph and Signature (each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature)
- Submit Form
- Go to payment gateway
- Pay UPSC CAPF 2018 exam fee through Net Banking Facility of State Bank of India or (Associate Bank Merged in SBI Bank i.e. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore) or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
This way application form for UPSC CAPF 2018 exam will be submitted.
Application fee for UPSC CAPF 2018 can be submitted either online or offline. In online mode, candidate can pay through SBI Net Banking Facility or using Credit / Debit Card. In offline mode, fee can be submitted directly to SBI Bank choosing Pay by Cash Option.
For making payment by cash, candidate should select option “Pay by cash” mode and should take print the system generated Pay-in-Slip after Part-II of Application Form for UPSC CAPF 2018 and deposit the fee at any of SBI Branch as soon as possible.
Application Fee Amount
|General Category / Unreserved / OBC||INR 200|
|ST / SC||NIL|
UPSC CAPF 2018 Admit Card
Candidates shall be issued an Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of UPSC CAPF 2018 exam. The e-admission certificate will be made available online in the UPSC website, www.upsc.gov.in and www.upsconline.nic.in for downloading by candidates.
Admit Card will not be sent by post to candidates in any case. For downloading Admit Card for UPSC CAPF 2018 candidate must have RID (Registration Identity) & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, father's name & Date of Birth whichever is available.
Steps to Download Admit Card for UPSC CAPF 2018
- Visit www.upsconline.nic.in
- Go to Admit Card
- Click on Admit Card for UPSC CAPF 2018
- A form will open
- Feed Information i.e. either Registration ID & Date of Birth OR Roll No. & Date of Birth OR Name, Father’s Name & Date of Birth
- Click on Submit
- Admit Card will be on screen
- Download it or Print it
If a candidate does not receive Admit Card or any other communication regarding candidature for UPSC CAPF 2018 exam three weeks before the commencement of the exam, should contact the UPSC office. In case of any not receiving, complaint regarding UPSC CAPF Admit Card should be made from the Facilitation Counter at UPSC’s office either appearing individually or can contact over phone numbers as is mentioned here - 011-23381125 / 011- 23385271 / 011-23098543.
Candidate must inform to UPSC office minimum 3 weeks earlier from the exam day regarding non-receipt of Admit Card for UPSC CAPF Exam. Candidate should not expect to have any relaxation in appearing for UPSC CAPF exam without valid Admit Card in any case.
Candidate is advised to check UPSC CAPF 2018 Admit Card carefully and if any discrepancies or error is found put this to the notice of UPSC immediately. The candidate must understand that permission to appear in UPSC CAPF 2018 exam is based on the given information in application form for UPSC CAPF 2018.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam Centers
Exam centers for UPSC CAPF 2018 exam as are mentioned below may be changed at the discretion of the UPSC. Excepting exam center at Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur, there is a limitation for number of seats for candidates. Hence, exam centers will be allocated as per “first-come-first serve” basis, and once the seats at exam center is fulfilled then center will be ceased for exam center allocation.
If candidates could not get the desired exam center, he will have to choose an Exam Center available. This is advised that candidate should apply as early as possible so that desired exam center could be attained.
Cities selected as Centers for UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam are as follows:
UPSC CAPF 2018 Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) designs and releases CAPF Exam Pattern. UPSC CAPF 2018 exam pattern is similar to the previous year exam pattern. The exam is held in offline mode. The exam consists of 3 levels which are a Written Exam, Medical Test and Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF 2018 written exam to be conducted by UPSC has been held on August 12, 2018 and will comprise two papers. Timing for Paper I will be from 10 a.m. Morning to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will start from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 Marks)
The questions in this paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions and will be given in both the language English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (200 Marks)
Candidate will have option to choose medium of writing the Essay component either in English or in Hindi, but in the remaining part of Paper II, there will not be any option, candidate will have to answer in English only.
NOTE I: UPSC has allowed candidate to choose language either Hindi or English to write essay in Paper II
- Candidate should write the answers only in the medium allowed by the UPSC for the different Components as mentioned above.
- Marks will not be awarded, if answers are written in a medium except the medium allowed in the Paper.
- Candidates will have to mention the medium of Essay component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book.
- Candidate must be careful while mentioning language either English or Hindi on Attendance List and Answer Book;
- It should be same to the language Essay Component is written; in case answering language and mentioning language is not the same, no mark will be awarded for this part of test.
NOTE-II: There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Passing in Paper-I will qualify for evaluation of Paper-II; therefore, minimum qualifying marks will have to be obtained in Paper I for next round.
NOTE-III: Negative Marking Scheme will be applied to Paper-1. Marks 1/3 or 33% of Marks assigned to the Question for which Wrong Answer is given. Suppose Mark assigned to a Question is 6 then on wrong answer – 1/3 or 33% of 6 i.e. 2 marks will be deducted.
Here are the highlights of CAPF Exam Pattern for your reference:
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of UPSC CAPF 2018||Offline - Pen Paper Based|
|Number of Questions||Not Standardised|
|Maximum Marks||Written Test – 450 Marks Interview / Physical Test – 150 Marks|
|Duration of UPSC CAPF 2018||Written Test – Total 5 hours Paper 1 – 2 hours Paper 2 – 3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||1 section in Paper 1 2 sections in Paper 2|
UPSC CAPF 2018 Syllabus
There are 4 Phases in recruitment process under UPSC CAPF 2018 exam. Syllabus is given for written exam which will be held in 2 parts. Each Part will have 1 Paper. It means there would be 2 Papers in 2 parts; Paper 1 in part 1 and Paper 2 in part 2.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Written Exam Syllabus for both the papers is as follows:
UPSC CAPF 2018 - Paper I: ( Total questions – 200; Total Marks – 250; Duration – 2 hours)
General Ability and Intelligence: Under this subject, 6 topics will be covered and objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
- General Mental Ability: Questions are intended to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, numerical ability, and data interpretation ability.
- General Science: General awareness of science, scientific temper, knowledge and importance of scientific experiments of everyday observation including new areas of importance like IT, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international level the fields of governance, globalisation, business, industry, sports, culture, arts, literature, sports, and music.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions target is to test candidates’ knowledge about Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social life and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
UPSC CAPF 2018 - Paper II: (Total questions - 7; Total Marks – 200; Duration – 3 Hours)
General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totalling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are related to Indian Politics and Economy, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, social security and human rights issues and analytical ability.
- Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications / language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing arguments, basic grammar and vocabulary.
UPSC CAPF 2018 Result
Result for UPSC CAPF 2018 written exam is expected to be declared in last week of August 2018 or in the first week of September 2018. If a candidate secures minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1 only then answer sheet of Paper 2 will be considered for checking.
A Merit will be announced on the basis of UPSC CAPF 2018 Written Exam and Interview which make total marks 600.
Result for UPSC CAPF 2018 will be published on official website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. Roll no. of qualified candidate will be displayed. Result details will be shown some days later with Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Category and Marks obtained.
Steps to Download UPSC CAPF 2018 Result:
- Visit www.upsc.gov.in
- Go to Recruitment
- Select and Click on Recruitment Test
- Click on Result Details or Cutoff as per requirement
- Select Name of Recruitment Test i.e. UPSC CAPF 2018
- Result will be on Screen
- Save it and Print it
UPSC CAPF 2018 Cut off
UPSC CAPF 2018 Cut off will also be declared on UPSC’s official website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in and the procedure of availing Cutoff information is the same as that of Result given above.
In UPSC CAPF 2018 written exam minimum qualifying marks may be different every time the exam is conducted. Ex-service man gets some relaxation on minimum qualifying marks in written exam.
Minimum Qualifying Marks in Written Exam for Gen / ST / SC / OBC – 25%
Minimum Qualifying Marks in Written Exam for Ex. Service Man 20%
Observing the previous years’ UPSC CAPF cut off, expected cut off for UPSC CAPF 2018 is being given below:
Expected Cutoff Marks (Out of 200) in UPSC CAPF 2018 - Written Exam (Paper 1)
Expected Cutoff Marks (Out of 450) in UPSC CAPF 2018 - Written Exam
|Paper 1 + Paper 2||General||OBC||SC||ST||Ex.Service|
Expected Cutoff Marks (Out of 600) in Final Result for UPSC CAPF 2018
|Paper 1 + Paper 2 + Interview||General||OBC||SC||ST||Ex.Service|
UPSC CAPF 2018 Selection Process
Candidates who are declared qualified in UPSC CAPF 2018 written exam will be called for next round i.e. Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test.
Selected candidate is eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandant. They must send or present original documents related to category, academic qualification, residential proof, admit card and scorecard etc. as is directed by the authorised office.
(i) Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests:
If candidate qualifies meeting Physical Standards as per the norms of selections, will be eligible for Physical Efficiency Test as mentioned below:
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):
|1.||100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|2.||800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|3.||Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|4.||Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||----|
Note: Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
- Medical Standards Tests, to check the standards specified in Appendix-VI, will be conducted only in respect of candidates who are declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test.
- Nodal Authority will be appointed by Ministry of Home Affairs who will be liable for conduction of Third Phase of UPSC CAPF selections i.e. Physical Standard / Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test.
- These tests will be conducted at various centers to be notified after the results of the written exam. Appeals against Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Test will not be responded.
- If some objections are there regarding Medical Standards Test, in such a case it will have to be notified to Appellate Authority within 15 days after declaration of result, Ministry of Home Affairs appoints Appellate Authority for resolving such kind of objections or problems.
(ii)Interview / Personality Test:
Candidate, qualified in Medical Standards Test, will be called for Next Phase i.e., Interview and Personality Test which will be conducted by UPSC. Candidate, who has made appeal before Review Medical Board against declaring physically unfit, will also be eligible for Interview and Personality Test.
The Interview and Personality Test will be for 150 Marks. Candidate short-listed for Interview and Personality Test, will have to submit Detailed Application Form denoting preference for forces.
(iii) Final Selection / Merit:
Final Selections will be based on the merit list constructed involving marks secured by the candidates in the Written Exam and Interview / Personality Test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College