How to Prepare for USPEE MBA 2019?
Updated On - October 10th 2018
UPSEE 2019 is considered to be one of the most reputed exams to pursue a management course in Uttar Pradesh. More than 1.5 lakh students appeared for the test last year, out of which around 1.3 lakh students managed to clear it. Moreover, there is 158 college that are affiliated to UPSEE MBA 2019 in UP, 37 in Delhi NCR and 1 college in Haryana respectively.
It is important to note that management entrance test does not just test the intellect but also a candidate’s ability to manage certain situations and accuracy such as:
- Management of time
- Balancing speed and quality
- Presence of mind
- Concentration in work
- Ability to deliver best quality performance under high-stress ambiance.
However, the skills mentioned above can only be acquired successfully by regular practice and concentration. There are various preparation techniques that can help candidates to achieve their goals of cracking UPSEE MBA 2019 which is elaborated in this article itself.
When to Start Preparing for UPSEE MBA 2019?
UPSEE MBA 2019 will be conducted on May 6. It depends on a candidate’s own intellect and understanding the topics to prepare for the examination. On an average, it requires approximately 6-8 months to prepare well for UPSEE MBA.
Candidates can organize a stipulated time frame for an effective UPSEE MBA 2019 preparations:
- Conceptual learning of the syllabus layout- 3 months
- Practice the related questions in an elaborated way- 3 month
- Practice and attempting mock tests as much as possible - 2 months.
UPSEE MBA preparation also depends on candidate’s desire and passion to be able to clear the test. One should be more logical to attain a good UPSEE Result. The syllabus must be read thoroughly and identifying one’s weak and strong aspects can boost up their preparations and confidence.
Exclusive UPSEE MBA 2019 Timetable
An exclusive section-wise time management for UPSEE MBA 2019 is tabulated well in this section of article. Candidates can go through it for their corresponding preparation endeavor. It talks about the number of days that should be invested in each topic per section of the entire syllabus for USEE MBA, in order to fetch good results altogether.
|English Language||Numerical Aptitude||Thinking and Decision Making||General Awareness|
|TOPIC||NO. OF DAYS||TOPIC||NO. OF DAYS||TOPIC||NO. OF DAYS||TOPIC||NO. OF DAYS|
|Grammar||4||Numerical calculation||3||Creative thinking||4||Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade||5|
|Uncommon words||2||Simple Algebra||3||verbal reasoning||3||economy||5|
|Sentence completion||3||geometry and trigonometry||10||finding patterns trends||2||sports||5|
|Synonym||2||Interpretation of graphs||5||Assessment of figures & diagrams||4||culture||5|
|Antonyms||2||charts and tables||4||--||--||science||8|
|relationship between words & phrases||3||--||--||--||--||--||--|
|comprehension of passages||2||--||--||--||--||--||--|
Time required for each subject UPSEE MBA 2019
MBA aspirants who are appearing for UPSEE MBA 2019 must schedule their time of study on a day to day basis. One must sit for at least 4 hours to prepare for the main entrance test preparations. An outlook for candidates as to how they can distribute their time for different course of study is tabulated below:
|Day/Time||1 hour||1 hour||1 hour||1 hour|
|Monday||English||NA (Numerical Aptitude)||Thinking and Decision Making||GA (General Awareness)|
|Tuesday||English||NA||Thinking and Decision Making||GA|
|Wednesday||English||NA||Thinking and Decision Making||GA|
|Thursday||English||NA||Thinking and Decision Making||GA|
|Friday||English||NA||Thinking and Decision Making||GA|
|Saturday||Solving one full UPSEE MBA mock test paper (3 hours)|
|Sunday||Analyzing the mistakes and doubts in the attempted mock test (2-3 hours) and retaking the same mock test paper again|
Download UPSEE MBA Sample Papers
UPSEE MBA 2019 Preparation Strategy
There are various steps for UPSEE MBA 2019 preparations, that a candidate should absorb so that they do not face much difficulty in planning a strategy for the same. The possible preparation strategy is mentioned below point-wise:
- The first step for preparations of UPSEE MBA 2019 entrance test is to collect all the relevant study material as per the stated syllabus.
- Join a well-reviewed coaching institute that can help them in their preparation and give them some valuable tips and tricks and make them give practice test for the same.
- Initiate by studying each topic one by one with conceptual clarity. Most of the syllabus is based on 10+2 topics. Those who were academically sound in school, might get benefitted.
- Do not neglect English section as many students tend to do so and later, stuck in the main examination of UPSEE MBA.
- It is always recommended to practice questions with a timer and avoid making use of calculators which would increase their efficiency with time constraints in their mind as well.
- Identify your strengths and weakness by practicing each topic properly.
- Make a list of candidate’s strong and weak areas in resolving questions. In the initial phase of preparations, one must put emphasis over strengthening the weak areas.
- Instead of solving 20 questions of one type, candidates must solve 4 questions of 5 types from each topic of the syllabus.
- Candidates must take as many mock tests as early as possible. They might scoreless initially but one must remember practice makes a man perfect.
- Analyzing and re-attempting the same mock test can make their strategy better in terms of pre-exam preparations. It is always recommended to take at least 1-3 mocks in a week or so.
- Once the entire syllabus is covered, candidates must focus primarily on mock tests only which can take them to zenith.
- In the last month before the commencement of main examination, one should not prepare any new topics. Instead, they should strengthen the prepared ones.
- Attempting the previous years’ UPSEE MBA question papers is always a good idea which can make the applicant’s skills more efficient and qualitative.
- Studying is important but not without taking adequate breaks and getting enough sleep while preparing for UPSEE MBA 2019.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Preparation Tips for English
English section is all about verbal, writing and reading ability of the language. It does scare a lot of applicants but there are many who take this section for granted as well. In order to get results in this section, one should possess very deep knowledge of the section. It consists of below mentioned sub topics:
- Uncommon words
- Sentence completion
- Relationship between words and phrases
- Comprehension of passages.
Tips and tricks for English Section
- Candidates must read fiction and non-fiction novels, newspapers, business magazines and suchlike in order to get better at this section.
- To excel in any language, one must learn the basics of grammar. Similarly, for English language, grammar topics like articles, adjectives, tenses, modifiers, etc. must be practiced well.
- Learning new words everyday can boost up candidate’s vocabulary. So, the idea is to create a cue card to put down all the new words that they come across.
- One trick that some aspirants may miss is that they should get in a habit of going through the questions first instead of the passage in the comprehensions.
- Do make combinations and attempt the ones with easier vibe.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Preparation Tips for Numerical Aptitude
Numerical Aptitude has a lot to do with applicant’s quantitative ability that covers the following areas of mathematics:
- Numerical calculation
- Simple algebra
- Geometry and trigonometry
- Interpretation of graphs
- Charts and tables.
Now, this section in UPSEE MBA is the most contradicting as either it can take the whole universe of time or it can be solved in no time, depends on a candidates’ mathematical skills and practice of all the short cut tricks that is usually taught in most of the coaching Institutes for UPSEE MBA 2019.
While preparing for Numerical Ability, one can follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Conceptual clarity and laying the foundation: If your basics are clear, there you are with a best score. So, to be good at mathematics one must brush up their concepts and basics of all the topics, to resolve the complexity of questions.
- Time-saving techniques: Time saving is one of the most essential aspect for any examination. Here, time could be saved effectively by learning tables till 40, squares up to 30, cubes up to 20, percentage equivalent of fractions till 25 and suchlike. Apart from this, one must practice solving the related questions within 2 minutes which is the average time that should be spend on each question in this section.
- Formulas in mathematics: Mathematics is all about formulas which is the key to attempt any question. Candidates are suggested to maintain a formula book where they can note down all the formulas as per the elaborated syllabus and go through it on regular basis.
- Analyzing difficulty level: It is always advised to break the entire section into three parts, in UPSEE MBA mock test papers, as per the difficulty level of the questions which could be easy, moderate, or difficult.
- Questions solving strategy: One must be strategic while attempting UPSEE MBA 2019 main entrance examination. The questions must be to resolved in less time and it is better to resolve 3 easy questions than 1 difficult one.
- Practice: The last piece of advice for UPSEE MBA 2019 aspirants is that they must practice a lot. Practice makes a man perfect.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Preparation Tips for Thinking and Decision making
The third section, thinking and decision making in UPSEE MBA 2019 is more related to candidate’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning skills. This could be one of the most difficult section as it is more logical than intellectual. One cannot mug up the content and perform best in examination. They must understand the logic behind the question and then answer it.
All the topics for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning is bulleted below:
- Creative thinking
- Unfamiliar relationships
- Verbal reasoning
- Finding patterns trends
- Assessment of figures and diagrams.
Possible tips to attempt this section is listed below:
- Candidates must practice quick calculation and analyzing/observing capability.
- Solving puzzles like Sudoku and crossword can sharpen one’s ability to think and make appropriate decisions.
- If it takes 10-15 minutes to resolve 20 questions, try resolving it in 8-12 minutes. It will be a good practice to watch out time consumption.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Preparation Tips General Awareness
General awareness is basically general knowledge that a candidate holds. Although, UPSEE official have focused on few majors in which the questions will be prompted as bulleted below:
- Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade
Few tips and tricks to conquer this section are listed below:
- One must read newspaper daily to keep themselves updated with the latest.
- One can also read the magazines that talks about all the latest stuff as per the syllabus.
- Candidates who join the coaching institute, will be provided with general awareness study material which would be quite useful.
- Keep yourself updated with the current affairs, that is the latest new should be on tips.
Resources to Prepare for UPSEE MBA 2019
- Coaching centers provide the best study material for UPSEE MBA 2019 entrance test.
- Coaching centers preparation materials can be acquired on websites like OLX and Quikr which contains all the relevant and to-the-point material for candidates to practice.
- Class X and XII NCERT books are best to prepare for Numerical aptitude.
- English section could be well prepared by reading novels, newspapers, magazines and suchlike. Dictionary could also prove to be of great help for learning new words which enhances one’s vocabulary.
Additional reference material for each section of UPSEE MBA 2019 question paper is given below:
Reference Books and preparation Material for English
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh, Publisher – Arihant.
- 3o Days to More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk & Norman Lewis, Publisher- Simon & Schuster.
- Wren and Martin English Grammar
- Business English and Communication by Clark Zimmer, Publisher- Mcgraw Hill Ryerson.
Reference Books and preparation Material for Numerical Ability
- NCERT Mathematics books for class 8th, 9th, 10th and 10+2.
- Numerical Ability 18 Days Wonder by K.J.S. Khurana and Rajeev Markanday
- Mathematics by R.S Aggarwal
Reference Books and Preparation Material for Thinking and Decision making
- Thinking: The New Science of Decision-Making, Problem-Solving and Prediction (Best of Edge Series) by Mr. John Brockman
Reference Books and Preparation Material for General Awareness
- The Best Book of General Knowledge 2019 by Subash C.Soni
- General Knowledge 2019 by Purushottam Kumar
- Popular General Knowledge published by RPH Editorial Board written by R. Gupta
UPSEE MBA 2019 Mock Test
There are various online sites that releases UPSEE MBA 2019 mock test papers for aspiring candidates. It is not recommended to rely on any mock test. However, it is of great help if one practices it thoroughly. Sites like ht campus and entrance corner releases relevant mock tests for UPSEE MBA 2019.
- Practicing mocks tests help candidates to be familiar with UPSEE MBA exam pattern.
- The more mock tests are attempted by candidates, the better accuracy and speed they will have.
- UPSEE MBA Mock Test papers help them to identify areas of one’s strength and weakness.
- It also grooms a candidate to sit for as long as 3 hours.
We hope this article was helpful for you while preparing for the exam. These are some tricks that can help you fetch better marks. We wish you all the luck!
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College