UPTET 2019 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern and Syllabus
UPTET is a state-level test, conducted by UPBEB (Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board) for the recruitment of Primary and Upper Primary Level teachers in various schools of Uttar Pradesh. UPTET Official Notification is expected to release in the month of September.
- Candidates possessing a graduate degree or relevant teacher training/diploma can apply. Check UPTET Detailed Eligibility Criteria
- UPTET Application Form is expected to be available on the official website from September 18, 2019.
- The exam consists of two papers – Paper I (for primary teachers) and Paper II (for upper primary teachers). Check Complete Exam Pattern
- Candidates who successfully apply for the test will be issued UPTET 2019 Admit Card
- Qualifying candidates will be awarded UPTET Eligibility Certificate which is valid for 5 years. Check UPTET Cut off
UPTET 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|Exam Type||State Level Recruitment Test|
|Exam Date||November 18, 2019 (tentative)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% marks in Intermediate Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UPTET 2019 Exam Dates
The actual dates for the exam will be released soon officially. Candidates can check the expected dates for the events in the table below.
|UPTET 2019 Notification||September 18, 2019||UPBEB Board will conduct UPTET 2019|
|UPTET 2019 Registration Dates||September 18, 2019||UPTET Application Form 2019 ends on October 3, 2019|
UPTET 2019 Form Correction
|September 28 – 30, 2019||Check UPTET Photo size and other format details|
|Availability of UPTET Admit Card 2019||October 25, 2019||Download Admit Card from upbasiceduboard.gov.in|
|UPTET 2019 Exam Date||November 18, 2019||Over 5 lakh candidates to appear in UPTET 2019|
|Availability of UPTET 2019 Answer Key||December 5, 2019||UPTET Answer key will release on December 5, 2019|
|Declaration of UPTET 2019 Result|
December 20, 2019
|Check UPTET result online at upbasiceduboard.gov.in.|
UPTET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
UPTET has two sets of applicants - Applicants for Primary Teachers (Class 1 to 5) and Applicants for Upper Primary Teachers (Class 6 to 8). The eligibility criteria for both sets of applicants are different.
UPTET Qualification of Primary Teachers (Class 1 to 5)
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized university & 2 years Diploma (D.Ed) from N.C.T.E/ Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years B.T.C., C.T. (Nursery)/ Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) OR
- Bachelor’s degree & qualification in Special B.T.C. Training OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years & BCT Urdu special training in Uttar Pradesh OR
- Bachelor’s degree and Diploma in Teaching from Aligarh Muslim University (For Urdu Teacher) or Moallim-E-Urdu Degree before 11-08-1997
UPTET Qualification of Upper Primary Teachers (Class 6 to 8)
- Bachelor’s degree & B.T.C from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) approved institute OR
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks & B.Ed/ B.Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) OR
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year B.A/ B.S.C.Ed/ B.A.Ed from N.C.T.E./ U.G.C recognized institute OR
- Intermediate (10+2) with minimum 50% marks & 4 year Degree (B.El.Ed) in Primary Education OR
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% & B.Ed degree
The age of the applicant must be between 18 Years and 35 Years. Candidates who belong to reserved categories would be given age relaxation as per the norms prescribed by the government.
How to Apply for UPTET 2019
UPTET Application Form shall be made available in month of September 2019. It will have to be filed in online mode. The application form for UPTET 2019 can be filled in four steps:
- Aspirants of UPTET must register themselves on the official website of UPBEB i.e. upbasiceduboard.gov.in.
- During registration Columns that are marked with ‘*’, cannot be left blank.
- Fill in the important details such as Name, educational qualifications, personal details and Other details asked in the online form.
- It is mandatory to select the district at the time of UPTET Registration from which candidate wants to appear.
- Applicant has to mention the photo identity proof and its ID number at the time of UPTET Registration.
UPTET 2019 Application Fee
- Payment of fees is done after UPTET Registration.
- The fee has to be paid either online or offline.
- Online options include SBI Internet Banking / Debit Cards / Credit Cards / internet banking facility of other banks.
- Offline payment can be made by taking print out of e-challan of SBI bank slip.
- The fee structure varies for candidates from different category.
The list is mentioned below.
|Category||UPTET Application Fee|
|General Category||INR 400|
|Other Backward Category (OBC)||INR 400|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||INR 200|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||INR 200|
Uploading of Documents
- Once the fee is paid, upload all the necessary documents online.
- These documents include the recent photograph, intermediate mark sheet and proof of eligibility.
- Candidate seeking reservation will have to upload the required set of certificates/ documents before the closing date.
- After the payment of UPTET Fee, complete the TET Online Form and mention the Registration Number, Date of Birth, and Transaction ID/Journal Number (provided by bank) and submit the UPTET Form.
Printing of Application Form
- After final submission, a computer-generated registration and password will appear on the screen.
- Use this registration number and password to login.
- Full application form will be displayed. Take the print out of the application form for future use.
- Candidates applying for UPTET can apply for either PGT or TGT. If any candidate wishes to apply for both the posts, then separate UPTET Application Form has to be filled.
Candidates failing to bring the mentioned ID card at the time of UPTET Exam will not be allowed to enter at the exam hall.
UPTET 2019 Admit Card
The organizing authority UPBEB issues admit card for UPTET. The admit card for UPTET 2019 will be made available online in the last week of October, 2019. It can be downloaded from the website. It should be noted that, hard copy of the UPTET Admit Card is not sent by post.
Steps to download UPTET 2019 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UPTET
- Click on UPTET 2019 Admit Card link
- Provide all the necessary details- UPTET Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on Submit
- UPTET Admit Card would appear on the screen
- Verify all the mentioned details and take its print out
Discrepancy in UPTET 2019 Admit Card
UPTET Admit Card is issued for candidates who have successfully applied for the candidate. Admit card contains details of the applicant and information regarding the UPTET paper. The details mentioned on the UPTET Admit Card should be carefully verified for language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of exam, roll number and photo of the candidate. If any discrepancy is observed in the UPTET Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
UPTET Exam Centers
UPTET 2019 Paper Pattern
UPTET 2019 will be conducted as two separate papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is conducted for candidates applying for appointment of teacher for class 1 to 5. Whereas, Paper 2 is conducted for appointment of teacher for class 6 to 8.
- UPTET exam is conducted in offline mode.
- Objective type multiple choice questions are asked in the exam.
- There is no provision of negative marking in UPTET. Both the Papers have 150 questions.
- Each question carries one mark.
- Every question carries 4 options, out of which only 1 would be correct. Read UPTET Exam Pattern
Candidates, who have applied for both the Papers, should apply for both paper 1 and paper 2. The level of questions varies according to the group, the candidate has applied for. The section wise division of each paper is given in the table below:
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Child Development and Methodology and Pedagogy||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language 1 (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Any one from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Environmental Studies||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|UPTET Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 2||Child Development, Learning & Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|1st Language (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|2nd Language (Any one from English, Urdu & Sanskrit)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|a. Mathematics & Science b. Social Studies/ Social Science||60 Questions||60 Marks|
The syllabus for UPTET is based on the two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are conducted to examine the capabilities of candidates to teach students of primary and upper primary level. UPTET Syllabus has remained similar over the years. Given below are some of the important topics covered in both the papers.
Check UPTET Syllabus
UPTET Syllabus- Paper 1
|Child Development and Teaching Methodology||Language 1||Language 2||Mathematics||Environmental Science|
|Child development concept||Language Comprehension||Comprehension||Number system||Family and friends|
|Concept of Inclusive Education||Pedagogy of language development||Pedagogy of language development||Shapes and geometry||Food and nutrition|
|Learning and pedagogy||Fill in the blanks||Language skills||Data handling||Shelters|
|Understanding children with special needs||Antonyms and synonyms||-||Measurements and units||Water, travel|
|-||Spotting error/ Sentence Correction||-||-||Things we make and do|
|-||Idiom and Phrase||-||-||-|
UPTET Syllabus- Paper 2
|Child Development, Learning and Pedagogy||Language 1 (Hindi)||Language 2||Mathematics/ Science B. Social Studies/ Social Science|
|Child development concept||Unseen Passage||Unseen Passage and comprehension||Science- Food & Materials, How things work, moving things, people and ideas, natural phenomenon and resources, the world of the living, pedagogy of science|
|The concept of inclusive learning and understanding language children with special needs||Grammar||Grammar skills||Social studies- history, geography, social and political life, economics and static GK, UP Related questions, social studies pedagogy|
|Learning and pedagogy||Language Pedagogy||Language Pedagogy||Mathematics- Number system & simplification, percentage & ratio, time, work, speed &distance, algebra & mensuration, geometry, average, profit & loss, pedagogy of mathematics|
UPTET Preparation Books
Here are some of the most recommended books for Paper 1 of UPTET 2019:
|UPTET Paper 1 (Class I-V) Solved Papers||Vidya Prakashan Mandir Ltd|
|UPTET for Paper 1 Primary Level (Class I to V) Guide||Ramesh Publishing House|
|UPTET - Paper 1 class I - V (15 Practice Sets)||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|15 Practice Sets UPTET Paper 1 (Class I-V)||Arihant Publications|
|UPTET Uttar Pradesh Sikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper 1 Practice Sets||Vidya Prakashan|
Best Books for UPTET Paper 2
Here are some of the most recommended books for Paper 2 of UPTET 2019:
|UPTET Paper 2 Class VI - VIII (MATHS & Science) 15 Practice Sets||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|UP-TET: Paper 2 Upper Primary Level for Social Studies Teachers Guide||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Guide UPTET Paper 2: Class VI - VIII Social Studies||G.K. Publications Private Limited|
|UPTET Paper 2 (Class VI-VIII) Vigyan & Ganit Chapertwise Solved Papers||Vidya Prakashan Mandir Ltd|
|UPTET Uttar Pradesh Shikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper 2||Arihant Publications|
UPTET 2019 Result
The result for UPTET 2019 will be declared in the last week of December, 2019. However, official UPTET Answer Key will be released in the first week of December this year.
- The notification for the result will be published in the major newspapers of Uttar Pradesh.
- The result would be announced on the UPTET Website.
- Candidate can check their result by logging in with their roll number.
How to check UPTET Result 2019
The steps the check UPTET Result are:
- Visit the official UPTET website: upbasiceduboard.gov.in
- Click on UPTET Result link.
- Enter the UPTET roll number.
- View the scores and save it for future use.
Candidates can get the copy of their UPTET OMR Sheet/Answer Sheet by paying fees through DD of INR 500/- per copy, drawn in favor of “Secretary, Examination Controller Officer” payable at Allahabad.
UPTET 2019 Cut Off
UP Basic Education Board releases cut off based on certain criteria defined within the board. The cut off as decided is as follows:
- Candidates belonging to the general category who score 60% (90/150 marks) of the total marks would be considered qualified for the UPTET Recruitment.
- Required qualifying score for reserved category candidates is 55% marks (82/150 marks).
- Candidates, who qualify UPTET, would be accorded UPTET eligibility certificate.
Apart from this, UP board also releases district wise cut off for UPTET. Click here to know UPTET 2019 Expected Cut Off for various districts
UPTET Eligibility Certificate
UPTET Eligibility Certificate is valid for 5 years. Eligibility Certificate can be taken from the district education board by providing a copy of UPTET Admit Card and Photo Identity Card.
- Those candidates who qualify in UPTET, and want to apply for the teaching post in schools of Uttar Pradesh, can apply by providing the eligibility certificate.
- Candidates can acquire second copy of the UPTET Eligibility Certificate by paying fees of INR 300 through DD (Demand Draft) payable drawn in favor of “Secretary, Examination Controller Officer” payable at Allahabad.
- In order to retrieve the second copy of UPTET Eligibility Certificate, following documents have to be submitted by the applicants:
- Class X mark-sheet
- UPTET Admit Card
- Caste Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Advertisement of lost Eligibility Certificate in Newspaper
- FIR Copy of lost UPTET Eligibility Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College