XAT 2019 Exam Date, Registration, Admit Card, Result
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national-level management entrance examination for admission to MBA/PGDM courses. It is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI (Xavier Associate Management Institutes). XAT score is accepted by approximately 150 B-Schools. In XAT 2019, the number of test takers is expected to cross 1 lakh.
XAT 2019 will be conducted in the first week of January as a computer based test. The registration for the exam will begin in the second week of August 2018.
XAT consists of two papers- objective type Paper A of 170 minutes and subjective type Paper B of 35 minutes. The two papers are to be attempted in a single slot of the exam. XAT 2019 Result will be released in the last week of January. The selection process will begin in February 2019.
What is XAT Exam?
Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level management entrance exam. Through this exam, a candidate’s aptitude in management field is tested.
- The exam will have objective and subjective type of questions
- The difficulty level of exam is Moderate to Difficult.
Insights on XAT Exam
- Interestingly, the maximum number of candidates register from Northern India (27%), followed by Southern (25%).
- The least number of candidates register from the North-Eastern part of India (1%).
- Maximum number of XAT followers belong to Maharashtra (16%), followed by Delhi (11%).
We have also carved out the academic performance of the total exam followers. Have a look below:
Highlights of XAT 2019
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Exam Mode||Computer based|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion/ Personal Interview|
|XAT Helpline Details||1800 419 2929 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
XAT Exam Dates 2019
The registration for XAT 2019 will begin in August. Candidates can go through the following table to know the complete schedule of XAT 2019:
|Release of Notification||Second week of August 2018|
|Availability of Application Form||Third week of August - Third week of December 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Last week of December 2018|
|Exam Date||First week of January 2019 (10:00 am to 01:30 pm)|
|Release of Official Answer Keys||Third week of January 2019|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of January 2019|
Check all XAT Exam Dates
XAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for XAT 2019 should carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration
- Final year students can also apply
- Candidates who did graduation in 1980’s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible.
- No minimum aggregate marks criteria
- NRI and Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply on the basis of the GMAT Scorecard (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates)
- No age limit
- No restriction on number of attempts
Read More XAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
XAT 2019 Registration
The Application Form for XAT 2019 will be available on the official website xatonline.in. XAT 2019 Registration primarily involves the below steps:
- Registration- Visit the official website and register using your personal details (Name, Contact Details and Email ID). You will receive a unique ID and Password to complete the further process.
- Application Form- Fill in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and exam center.
- Fee Payment- Pay the requisite application fee in either online or offline mode. The Application Fee for XAT is INR 1650 (INR 2000 if you pay late fee) for all categories.
- Upload Documents- Upload scanned images of your recent photograph and signature.
- Confirmation Page- Post previewing all the filled data, you will receive a confirmation page.
Note- All candidates who pay XAT Application Feethrough Demand Draft must send a copy of confirmation page besides the Demand Draft within 15 days from the date of issuance of demand draft. The contact details are provided below:
Jharkhand, India XLRI, C. H. Area (East)
The Chairperson Admissions,
Jamshedpur – 831001
XAT 2019 Appication Form Correction
- Incase of mistakes, changes in the Application Form can be made before the payment fee and form submission.
- Basic details like Name, Email ID, Phone Number, Date of Birth cannot be changed at any stage.
- No changes can be made after the form submission.
XAT 2019 Admit Card
- XAT Admit Card will be released on the official website xatonline.in.
- XLRI will not send XAT Admit Card via email or courier to any candidates.
- XAT Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be preserved till the admission process.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of XAT 2019.
- Click on “Download XAT 2019 Admit Card” link
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format.
- Download your admit card which will be available in PDF format
- Obtain multiple hard copies for further use.
Discrepancy in XAT Admit Card
Candidates must carefully go through the details on XAT Admit Card before downloading and taking print out of the same. In the case of any error or discrepancy in the information, candidates should immediately contact XAT office address mentioned below:
Admission Office, XLRI,
Circuit House Area (East),
XAT 2019 Exam Centers
XAT will be conducted in 49 cities across India and in two international cities in Dubai and Kathmandu. Here is a list of exam cities for XAT 2019:
|XAT Exam Centers 2019|
Read More XAT 2019 Exam Centers
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- XAT 2019 will be conducted in online mode.
- XAT Question Paper is divided into 2 Parts (A & B).
- In total, there are 78 questions in Part A and 25 questions in Part B.
The following infographic and table give the highlights of XAT Exam Pattern:
|Part||Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Time||Negative Marking|
|Part A||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||170 minutes||-0.25 for each incorrect answer|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||40 minutes||No negative marking|
XAT 2018 Paper Analysis
- XAT 2018 took place in a single slot on January 07, 2018.
- The Paper was divided into two parts (as mentioned above).
- While the overall difficulty level of the exam was moderate, questions in quantitative ability were comparably hard and the verbal ability section was slightly easier than the previous year’s.
The Paper 1 constituted Objective Type Questions from Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning Quantitative Ability. The analysis of the paper is given below.
|Verbal & Logical Ability||24||Low to Moderate|
|Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning||21||Moderate to High|
|Data Interpretation & Quantitative Ability||27||High|
The Paper 2 of XAT 2017 constituted General Knowledge and Essay. The Structure of Paper 2 was:
|Essay||Ethical practices and sustainability: do they co-exist?|
Read More XAT 2018 Analysis
XAT 2019 Syllabus
- XAT Syllabus contains questions from Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making, General Knowledge and a question on Essay Writing.
- The exam has 2 papers and the syllabus for XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is different for both the papers.
- Although there is no official XAT Syllabus that is declared by XLRI, it is generally based on past years’ pattern.
XAT Syllabus 2019 for Paper 1
XAT Paper 1 consists of objective type questions based on Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Paper 1 of XAT is allotted 3 hours to attempt all 78 questions.
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Geometry, Tables, Graphs, Arithmetic, Trignometry, Statistics, Profit & Loss, Speed and Distance, Clocks|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Grammar, Para Jumbles, Para Completion, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehensions|
|Decision Making||Analytical Reasoning, Situational, Case lets, Data Arrangement Tets|
XAT Syllabus 2019 for Paper 2
- XAT Paper 2 contains questions from General Knowledge and an essay.
- There will be a total of 30 questions with half an hour of time allotted to this paper.
- There is no negative marking in thissection.
|Important topics for GK in XAT|
|Politics||Nation and States|
|Sports||Awards and Recognitions|
|Merger & Acquisitions||--|
XAT 2019 Preparation Books
|Target XAT Simplified by Disha Experts||Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma|
|Jabbing XAT with solved papers by R.K. Jha||General Knowledge by Manohar Panday|
|XAT XLRI – MBA Entrance Exam A/4 by Chandresh Agarwal||Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arun Sharma|
|Concepts of number for XAT and other quantitative exams by Gajendra Kumar||Verbal ability for XAT by Ajay Singh|
|Target new XAT – Past papers and five mock papers||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma|
|XAT entrance test for MBA examination by Gautam Puri||Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma|
|XAT Xavier Aptitude Test solved sample papers by Gautam Puri||The hand on guide to analytical reasoning and logical reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj|
XAT Question Papers with Solutions
You must practice as many XAT Question Papers as possible, to score excellent marks in the exam. They serve as a great tool during your practice sessions.
Benefits of XAT Question Papers
- They help you gain a fair idea about XAT Exam Pattern and syllabus.
- This can, in turn, help you analyze what questions to expect in the paper.
- They carve out your strengths and weaknesses so that you know the loopholes.
- XAT Sample Papers are a helpful tool in managing your total exam time.
Practice XAT 2019 Model Paper
XAT 2019 Results
- The result for XAT 2019 will be declared on January 31, 2019 by XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Candidates can visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in to download their scorecards.
- They must enter their Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window to access XAT Result.
- XAT Score Card will contain the rank and marks obtained by candidates.
- XAT Scores will be valid for one year only.
- All candidates who clear XAT 2019 and meet the cutoff will proceed towards subsequent selection rounds- GD/PI.
Expected XAT 2019 Cutoff
- XAT Cut off varies for different programs offered by different institutes.
- The cutoff for XAT would include the minimum percentile to be scored by each candidate in the exam.
- On the basis of XAT Cut off, candidates will be shortlisted for further GD, PI and Essay writing round.
The below tables describes the percentage required for different programs of XLRI:
|Program Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall (Percentage/ Marks)|
|Human Resource Management||79.67%||71.628%||70.07%||92.55%|
|Global Management Programme||5 marks and above||5 marks and above||6 marks above||22 marks and above|
XAT 2019 Colleges
- This year, XAT Score will be accepted by over 150 B-Schools across India.
- Last year, there were 156 XAT Participating Institutes in total. The number is expected to rise this year.
- The participating Institutes of XAT can be classified into two types, Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI) and non-XAMI.
- Last year, the number of XAMI was 11 and the non-XAMI was 145.
The management examination is conducted by XLRI on behalf of XAMI or Xavier Association of Management Institutes. Listed below are the names of all the official XAMI Members:
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA)||Xavier Institute of Social Service|
|Mount Carmel Institute of Management||Xavier Labour and Relations Institute|
|St. Francis Institute of Management and Research (SFIMR)||Xavier Institute of Management, Jabalpur|
|St. Joseph's College of Business Administration||Xavier Institute of Management and Research|
|St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology||Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship|
|Xavier Institute of Mangement||--|
XAT 2019 Selection Procedure
Candidates are shortlisted for GD/PI on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and XAT cut off. While some colleges have both GD (group discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds, others only have either of the two:
- The groups are divided into groups of 8-15 participating candidates.
- All the groups are required to discuss on a topic usually for 15-20. Minutes.
- The topics for XLRI GD would consist of topics related to current affairs, politics, social issues such as women’s rights and emancipation, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, education or business in India.
- Candidates are required to appear for the personal interview if they get shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Group Discussion.
- The questions in the Personal Interview round are centered aroundcandidates’ background, academics, achievements and motivation behind going for an MBA.
- The panel of jury members set up for this round aim to determine the communication skills, confidence and ability to think under pressure among candidates.
Read more about XAT Selection Procedure
Preparation of XAT 2019 Merit list
The score for the final selection of candidates would be calculated by assigning weight to different components such as XAT 2019 score, GD, PI, Essay Writing, Previous academic records, work experience, and overall profile of candidate. The weight of these different components in XLRI is provided in the table below. It applies to all the programs offered by XLRI.
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-ex, video||15%|
XAT 2019 FAQs
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage as Graduation and PG.
Ques. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE /SSC? Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
Ans. The candidate should take the aggregate of all the subjects for 10th.
Ques. Does internship/Articleship count as work experience?
Ans. No, these are not counted as work experience
Ques. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
Ques. How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
Ans. XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates' academic competence will be evaluated holistically by XLRI based on candidates' performance in the interview, group discussion, and XAT written test.
Ques. How can I download REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE?
Ans. You can log in to xatonline.net.in to download the confirmation page.
Ques. Can I edit the information given by me?
Ans. You are allowed to edit your information only once till November 20, 2017. Once edited you will not be allowed to make any further edits.
Ques. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Ans. Kindly send an email to email@example.com with your XAT ID, date of payment, card holders name and the credit/debit card details (first four & last four digits and card expiry date).
Ques. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Ans. Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined. If you encounter any such problems, we suggest you make the payment by Cash Mode through any branch of IDBI Bank.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College