XAT 2020 Registration (Started), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
XAT 2020 is to be held on January 5, 2020. Application Forms for XAT 2020 have been released on August 23, 2019. Last date for XAT Registration is November 30, 2019 (Without late fee). Apply Now
- XAT 2020 will be held in a single session from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM in online mode.
- Admit Card for XAT 2020 will be available from December 20, 2019 onwards.
- The exam will be conducted in 72 cities across India. Check XAT Exam Centers
- XAT exam comprises of 4 sections namely Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR), Decision Making (DM), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI), and General Knowledge (GK). Check XAT Exam Pattern
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an eminent national level aptitude test conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI for more than 60 years now. The exam aims to select admirable students for management programs offered by top institutes. More than 150 institutes accept XAT score. Download XAT 2020 Official Notification
Highlights of XAT 2020
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management/ Business Management/ General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||3-year Bachelor’s Degree|
|Number of Test Takers||80,000 approx.|
|XAT Helpline Number||1800 267 4008|
|XAT Contact Number|
0657 665 3203/04
XAT 2020 – Essential Details
- Eligibility Criteria to apply for XAT 2020 is graduation in any discipline. Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible for XAT. Check XAT Eligibility Criteria
- The exam will contain multiple-choice questions. However, unlike other exams, there will be 5 answer options per MCQ.
- The test duration has been reduced to 180 minutes since 2018.
- XAT Cutoff differs for Human Resource and Business Management programs. Last year, the cut off for BM was 28 marks and HR was 26 marks. Check XAT Cutoff 2020
XAT 2020 Dates
XAT 2020 dates have been released on the official website i.e. xatonline.in. The important dates for XAT 2020 are as follows:
|Events||XAT Dates 2020|
|XAT 2020 Registration Begins from||August 23, 2019|
|Last day to fill XAT 2020 Application Form (Without late fee)||November 30, 2019|
|Last Day to fill XAT Application Form 2020 (With late fee)||December 1 – 7, 2019|
|Availability of XAT Admit Card 2020||December 20, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Exam Date (First Sunday of January)||January 5, 2020 (Sunday; 9:30 AM- 12:30 PM)|
|Announcement of XAT Result 2020||January 31, 2020|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates applying for XAT 2020 should carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling XAT application form.
- Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration is required.
- Final year students can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates who did graduation in the 1980s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible for XAT 2020.
- No minimum aggregate marks criteria are applicable in XAT 2020.
- NRI and Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply through GMAT Scorecard.
- There is no age limit applicable in XAT 2020.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
Check Detailed XAT 2020 Eligibility
XAT Application Form 2020
XAT Registration has been commenced from August 23, 2019. Candidates will be able to fill XAT 2020 Application Form at the official website. XAT Registration process primarily involves the following steps:
Step 1: XAT Registration
- Visit the official website-xatonline.in.
- Click on the tab "Registration" and enter your Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and Email-id.
- A system generated XAT ID and Password will be sent to you through Email/SMS.
- Note down XAT ID and Password for future reference.
Step 2: Fill XAT Application Form
- Fill in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and exam center.
- Preview your form carefully once as no changes will be entertained after clicking on “Final Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Documents
Upload scanned images of your recent Photograph and signature as per specifications mentioned below:
|Scanned Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph|
Image Dimensions: 200X230 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 20Kbs – 50Kbs
|Scanned Candidate’s Signature|
Image Dimensions: 140X160 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 10Kbs – 20Kbs
Step 4: XAT Application Fee Payment
- Pay XAT Application Fee by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards or Internet Banking.
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/- (Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.)
- XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/- (Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.)
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
Step 5: Download Confirmation Page
- Download XAT Application Form and e-receipt of fee payment.
- Take a printout of them for further reference.
Check Detailed XAT Registration 2020
Note: In case an applicant does not receive the registration confirmation mail along with provisional XAT UID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, they are requested to write to email@example.com citing the primary email ID and the issue or call the Helpdesk on 1800 267 4008 (08.00 a.m. till 08.00 p.m. IST)
XAT Admit Card 2020
XAT Admit Card will be released on the official website-xatonline.in. XLRI will not send XAT Admit Card via email or courier to any candidate. XAT Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be preserved till the admission process.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020. Click on “Download XAT 2020 Admit Card” link
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format.
- Download your admit card which will be available in PDF format
- Print multiple hard copies for further use.
Candidates must carefully go through the details on XAT Admit Card before downloading and taking a print out of the same. In case of any error or discrepancy in the information, candidates should immediately contact XAT officials.
Documents Required with Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry XAT admit card to the exam center along with any of the following photo ID proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer among others.
XAT Exam Centers 2020
The management exam is being held in about 72 cities in India Here is a tentative list of exam cities for XAT 2020:
Tabulated below are the name of XAT 2020 test cities:
Read More XAT Exam Centers
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
XAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode i.e computer-based test. The question paper is divided into 4 sections i.e. Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. The essay writing section has been removed. The following infographic and table give the highlights of XAT Exam Pattern:
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Time|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||3 Hours|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
Check detailed XAT Exam Pattern
XAT Syllabus 2020
There is no officially prescribed syllabus for XAT 2020. The syllabus is based on past trends of XAT question papers and syllabus is drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous XAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may change with each subsequent edition of XAT.
XAT 2020 is an objective type paper covering Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, English Language and Reasoning, and Decision Making. An indicative list of topics covered in these sections are:
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Geometry, Tables, Graphs, Arithmetic, Trigonometry, Statistics, Profit & Loss, Speed and Distance, Clocks, Probability, Algebraic Function, Mensuration -2D and 3D|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Grammar, Para Jumbles, Para Completion, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Completion of Sentences|
|Analytical Reasoning, Situational, Case sets, Data Arrangement,|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Politics, Literature, Sports, History, Awards and Recognitions, Business, Economics, International Relations, Society, Merger, and Aquisition|
Read Detailed XAT Syllabus
XAT Mock Test 2020
XAT 2020 mock test will be released by XLRI in the last week of December 2019 (tentatively).
To ace in the preparation of XAT 2020, Candidates are advised to appear for the mock test released by the conducting body to understand the exam pattern and structure of the online XAT 2020 test.
In order to access the online assessment/mock test of XAT 2019, test takers had to enter the User ID and Password created during the XAT 2020 Registration.
XAT Preparation Tips 2020
- Time table is a must: Candidates are advised to make a weekly time table which includes a schedule regarding time devotion to various sections, revisions and mock tests. To maintain the interest in the preparation and reduce the stress, candidates should take a day off from preparation, weekly.
- Take Regular Mock Tests: Candidates should start taking mock tests as soon as they start their preparation, this will help them analyze the pace of their preparation and assist them in improving their performance.
- Section-wise Preparation: Candidates should go through the exam pattern and thoroughly understand the section-wise syllabus. This will help the candidates identify their strong and weak areas and they can thus work towards the same in an organized manner.
- Make notes: Candidates may use different sources to study the same topic for a broad and a better understanding of it. However, it’s a must to keep your study material in one place. Making notes will be helpful for future references and a productive revision.
- Don’t Pile on: This is a common mistake and must be avoided. Candidates should try and not pile on topics like current affairs, as reading them every day will not only enhance the candidate’s grip over topics but also reduce the workload immensely.
XAT Result 2020
XAT 2020 Result will be announced online by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 31, 2020, as expected. Candidates can access their scorecards by visiting xatonline.in. Successful students having scores that match the released cut off can proceed to the advanced selection rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. XAT Scores are valid for 1 year.
The scorecard can be downloaded from the official website in the following steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on ‘Results’ tab to enter Login UID and password.
- View result containing marks secured section-wise as well as overall rank.
- Print the scorecard for future use.
Read more about XAT Result 2020
Note: XLRI, Jamshedpur does not take the responsibility of sending hard copies of scorecards to candidates via courier or post.
XAT Cutoff 2020
XAT Cut-Off marks include the minimum percentile to be scored by each candidate in the test. On the basis of XAT 2020 Cut Off, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds for admission. XAT Cut off varies for different programs offered by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Other participating institutes also have their individual Cut Off scores.
The minimum percentage required for being considered for different programs at XLRI is tabulated here:
|Program Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall (Percentage/ Marks)|
|Human Resource Management||79.67%||71.628%||70.07%||92.55%|
|General Management Program||5 marks and above||5 marks and above||6 marks and above||22 marks and above|
XAT Selection Procedure 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted for the selection procedure in XAT 2020 on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and XAT Cut Off scores. While some institutes have both GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds, others only have either of the two.
- Groups of 8-15 participating candidates are formed and are asked to discuss a given topic for about 15-20 minutes.
- The topics would mostly be related to current affairs, politics, trending social issues, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, business or education etc.
- Candidates are judged in mostly soft skills like communication skills, assertiveness, team management skills, ability to resolve conflicts, leadership qualities etc.
- PI is usually the final round of the selection process.
- Candidates are required to appear for an interview with an interview panel if they are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GD.
- The questions in the Personal Interview round are centered around candidates’ background, academics, achievements and motivation behind choosing a career in management.
- This round aims to determine the communication skills, confidence, and ability to think under pressure among candidates.
Read more about XAT Selection Procedure
XAT Merit List 2020
The Merit List of XAT 2020 is created by including different components such as XAT 2020 score, performance in GD & PI, academic records, work experience, and the overall profile of the candidate. The weight of these different components in XLRI is tabulated below. This division of scores applies to all the programs offered by XLRI.
|XAT 2020 score||60%|
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-experience||15%|
It should be noted that post-XAT 2020, there will not be any centralized counseling procedure. Candidates will have to individually apply for each of the member Institutes of XAMI or other participating institutes of XAT 2020 with their scorecard. Candidates will be selected for admission to these Institutes on the basis of XAT 2020 cut-off score, performance in the GD/PI round and the final merit list prepared for the qualifying candidates.
XAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ques. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE /SSC? Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
Ques. Does internship/Articleship count as work experience?
Ques. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Ques. How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
Ques. How can I download the registration confirmation page?
Ques. Can I edit the information given by me?
Ques. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Ques. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College