XAT 2020 Registration, Dates, Eligibility, Application form, Pattern and Syllabus
XAT 2020 is a management entrance test to be conducted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) on January 5, 2020 (Sunday) in online mode. More than 150 B-Schools accept XAT exam score for admitting students in MBA/PGDM programs.
XAT Exam 2020 #Facts
- The exam is conducted throughout India as well as in Dubai and Kathmandu. Check XAT Exam Centers
- Apart from the participating B-Schools, almost 600 Management Institutes in India accept XAT score.
- The test comprises of 100 MCQs to be completed within 180 minutes. Read More XAT Exam Pattern
- XAT Cutoff differs for Human Resource and Business Management programs. Last year, the cut off for BM was 28 marks and HR was 26 marks. Check XAT Cutoff 2020
Highlights of XAT 2020
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management/ Business Management/ General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||3-year Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test (Objective), Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Number of Test Takers||80,000 approx.|
|XAT Helpline Number||1800 419 2929|
|XAT Contact Number||+91 657 665 3203 /3204/3205|
|Email Addressemail@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org|
XAT 2020 Dates
XAT 2020 Notification will be issued by XLRI tentatively on August 20, 2019. The tentative calendar of events for XAT 2020 is tabulated below. XAT aspirants are advised to keep tuning the official portal for any further updates or notifications regarding XAT 2020 Schedule.
|Events||XAT Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|XAT 2020 Registration Begins from||August 25, 2019|
|Last day to fill XAT 2020 Application Form (without late fee)||November 25, 2019|
|Last Day to fill XAT Application Form 2020 (with late fee)||December 5, 2019|
|Availability of XAT Admit Card 2020||December 17, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Exam Date (First sunday of January)||January 5, 2020 (Sunday; 10:00 AM- 1:00 PM)|
|XAT 2020 Official Answer key Release||January 10, 2020|
|Announcement of XAT Result 2020||January 14, 2020|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates applying for XAT 2020 should carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling XAT application form.
- Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration is required.
- Final year students can also apply provided they clear the qualifying exam by June 10, 2020.
- Candidates who did graduation in 1980s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible for XAT 2020.
- No minimum aggregate marks criteria
- NRI and Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply through GMAT Scorecard (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates)
- There is no age limit applicable in XAT 2020.
- No restriction on the number of attempts
Check Detailed XAT 2020 Eligibility
XAT Application Form 2020
Candidates will be able to fill XAT 2020 Application Form at the official website from August 25, 2020 (tentative). XAT Registration process primarily involves the below steps:
Step 1: XAT Registration
- Visit the official website-xatonline.in
- Click on the tab "Registration" and enter your Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and Email-id.
- A system generated XAT ID and Password will be sent to you through Email/SMS.
- Note down XAT ID and Password for future reference.
Step 2: Fill XAT Application Form
- Fill in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course and exam centre.
- Preview your form carefully once as no changes will be entertained after clicking on “Final Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Documents
Upload scanned images of your recent Photograph and signature as per specifications mentioned below:
|Scanned Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph|
Image Dimensions: 200X230 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 20Kbs – 50Kbs
|Scanned Candidate’s Signature|
Image Dimensions: 140X160 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 10Kbs – 20Kbs
Step 4: XAT Application Fee Payment
- Pay XAT Application Fee by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards or Internet Banking.
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/-
- XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/-
Step 5: Download Confirmation Page
- Download XAT Application Form and e-receipt of fee payment.
- Take a printout of them for further reference.
Check Detailed XAT Registration 2020
Note: In case an applicant does not receive the registration confirmation mail along with provisional XAT UID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, they are requested to write to email@example.com citing the primary email ID and the issue or call the Helpdesk on 1800 419 2929 (08.00 a.m. till 08.00 p.m. IST)
XAT Admit Card 2020
XAT Admit Card will be released on the official website-xatonline.in. XLRI will not send XAT Admit Card via email or courier to any candidate. XAT Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be preserved till the admission process.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020. Click on “Download XAT 2020 Admit Card” link
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format.
- Download your admit card which will be available in PDF format
- Print multiple hard copies for further use.
Read More 7 pointers to Check in XAT Admit Card
Candidates must carefully go through the details on XAT Admit Card before downloading and taking print out of the same. In case of any error or discrepancy in the information, candidates should immediately contact XAT officials.
Documents Required with Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry XAT admit card to the exam center along with any of the following photo ID proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer among others.
XAT Exam Centers 2020
The management exam is being held in about 49 Indian cities apart from the International exam centers in Kathmandu and Dubai. Here is a tentative list of exam cities for XAT 2020:
Tabulated below are the name of XAT 2020 test cities:
Read More XAT Exam Centers
XAT Exam Pattern with Syllabus
XAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode i.e computer based test. The question paper is divided into 4 sections, which are Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and General Knowledge. The following infographic and table give the highlights of XAT Exam Pattern:
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Time|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||3 Hours|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
Check detailed XAT Exam Pattern
XAT Exam Syllabus
There is no officially prescribed syllabus for XAT 2020. The syllabus is based on past trends of XAT question papers and syllabus is drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous XAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may change with each subsequent edition of XAT.
XAT 2020 is an objective type paper covering Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, English Language and Reasoning, and Decision Making. An indicative list of topics covered in these sections are:
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Geometry, Tables, Graphs, Arithmetic, Trignometry, Statistics, Profit & Loss, Speed and Distance, Clocks|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Grammar, Para Jumbles, Para Completion, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehensions|
|Decision Making||Analytical Reasoning, Situational, Case sets, Data Arrangement|
Read Detailed XAT Syllabus
XAT Result 2020
XAT 2020 Result will be announced online by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 14, 2020 as expected. Candidates can access their scorecards by visiting xatonline.in. Successful students having scores that match the published cut off can proceed to the advanced selection rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. XAT Scores are valid for 1 year.
The scorecard can be downloaded from the official website in the following steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on ‘Results’ tab to enter Login UID and password.
- View result containing marks secured section-wise as well as overall rank.
- Print the scorecard for future use.
Read more about XAT Result 2020
Note: XLRI, Jamshedpur does not take the responsibility of sending hard copies of scorecards to candidates via courier or post.
XAT Cutoff 2020
XAT Cut-Off marks include the minimum percentile to be scored by each candidate in the test. On the basis of XAT Cut Off, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds for admission. XAT Cut off varies for different programs offered by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Other participating institutes also have their individual Cut Off scores.
The minimum percentage required for being considered for different programs at XLRI is tabulated here:
|Program Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall (Percentage/ Marks)|
|Human Resource Management||79.67%||71.628%||70.07%||92.55%|
|General Management Program||5 marks and above||5 marks and above||6 marks and above||22 marks and above|
XAT Selection Procedure 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted for the selection procedure in XAT 2020 on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and XAT Cut Off scores. While some institutes have both GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds, others only have either of the two.
- Groups of 8 – 15 participating candidates are formed and are asked to discuss a given topic for about 15-20 minutes.
- The topics would mostly be related to current affairs, politics, trending social issues, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, business or education etc.
- Candidates are adjudged in mostly soft skills like communication skills, assertiveness, team management skills, ability to resolve conflicts, leadership qualities etc.
- PI is usually the final round of selection process.
- Candidates are required to appear for an interview with an interview panel if they are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GD.
- The questions in the Personal Interview round are centered around candidates’ background, academics, achievements and motivation behind choosing a career in management.
- This round aims to determine the communication skills, confidence, and ability to think under pressure among candidates.
Read more about XAT Selection Procedure
XAT Merit List 2020
The Merit List of XAT 2020 is created by including different components such as XAT 2020 score, performance in GD & PI, academic records, work experience, and the overall profile of the candidate. The weight of these different components in XLRI is tabulated below. This division of scores applies to all the programs offered by XLRI.
|XAT 2020 score||60%|
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-experience||15%|
It should be noted that post-XAT 2020, there will not be any centralized counseling procedure. Candidates will have to individually apply for each Member Institutes of XAMI or other participating institutes of XAT 2020 with their scorecard. Candidates will be selected for admission to these Institutes on the basis of XAT 2020 cut-off score, performance in the GD/PI round and the final merit list prepared for the successful candidates.
XAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage as Graduation and PG.
Ques. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE /SSC? Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
Ans. The candidate should take the aggregate of all the subjects for 10th.
Ques. Does internship/Articleship count as work experience?
Ans. No, these are not counted as work experience
Ques. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
Ques. How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
Ans. XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates' academic competence will be evaluated holistically by XLRI based on candidates' performance in the interview, group discussion, and XAT written test.
Ques. How can I download the registration confirmation page?
Ans. You can log in to xatonline.in to download the confirmation page.
Ques. Can I edit the information given by me?
Ans. Once submitted the form cannot be edited.
Ques. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Ans. Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your XAT ID, date of payment, cardholders name and the credit/debit card details (first four & last four digits and card expiry date).
Ques. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Ans. Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined. If you encounter any such problems, you may write to xat2019@x
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College