XAT 2020 Registration: Application Form, Fees, Steps to Apply
XAT Registration 2020 will start around the fourth week of August 2019 and go on till the month of November, 2019. A Bachelor’s Degree with a duration of minimum 3 years in any discipline is the basic eligibility requirement for XAT Exam.
XAT Registration can be done online at xatonline.in. Keep the XAT ID and password safely for future reference. The steps for registration include majorly 5 steps:
Step 1- XAT Registration- Visit the official website and register using your personal details (Name, Contact Details and Email ID). You will receive a unique ID and Password to complete the further process.
Step 2- Fill Application Form- Fill-in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and XAT Exam Centers.
Step 3- Fee Payment- Pay the requisite application fee online.
Step 4- Upload Documents- Upload scanned images of your recent photograph and signature.
Step 5- Confirmation Page- Post previewing all the filled data, you will receive a confirmation page.
Read on to know more about XAT Registration Process, Important Dates, Application Fee, Steps for XAT registration, Photo & Signature Specifications, Form Correction and Registration Procedure for Foreign Nationals.
XAT 2020 Registration Dates
The following table states all important XAT Registration Dates. Make sure you do not miss any of these.
|Important Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of XAT Application Form|| Last week of August, 2019|
|Last Date for XAT 2020 Registration||Last week of November, 2019|
|Last Date for Online / Offline Fee Payment|
2nd week of December, 2019
Read 5 Things to Keep in Mind During XAT Registration 2020
How to Apply for XAT 2020?
Candidates will be able to fill XAT 2020 Application Form at the official website from August 25, 2020 (tentative). No forms are available on an offline platform. However, the fee payment can be done in online and offline modes. Before applying, it is essential to be ready with the following requirements:
- Valid email address
- Valid mobile phone number
- Marksheets of class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
- Details of work experiences (if any)
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fees
Steps to Apply for XAT 2020
Step 1- XAT Registration
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on ‘Register Online’
- Click on tab "Click here for New Registration"
- Read all instructions and click ‘Continue’
- Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-id
- Note down your provisional XAT ID & Password sent on email and SMS
- Log-in using your XAT ID & Password and begin filling the application form. It includes the below steps:
Step 2: Fill Basic Information
- Choose XAT Exam Center, fill Full Name, upload scanned photo and signature and save that page.
- Select your citizenship if Indian/ Foreign / NRI.
- If a candidate is a foreign/NRI applicant, they have to apply only through GMAT score.
Step 3: Program Selection
- Select the program of your choice from the given options: Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP).
- Candidates who are not interested in any of the XLRI programs can skip this step.
Step 4: Fill Personal Details
- Fill all personal information such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category and Phone Number etc.
Step 5: Fill Educational Details
- Fill up your educational qualification starting from class X.
- Provide details of your work experience starting from the latest job.
- Candidates interested in applying to GMP must have a total experience of 5 years.
Step 6: Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
Images that match the specified dimensions will only be accepted. Read below to know the accepted dimensions/format:
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||20kb – 50kb||JPG or JPEG|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||10kb – 20kb||JPG or JPEG|
Step 7: Make Fee Payment
The fee structure for candidates appearing in XAT is mentioned below.
|Type of Exam||Fee|
|Only XAT||INR 1700|
|XAT + XLRI (per course)||INR 1700 + INR 300 (per course)|
|Only XAT with Late Fee||INR 2000|
|XAT + XLRI (per course) with Late fee||INR 2000+ INR 500 (per course)|
There are three possible modes in which payment can be processed:
- Mode 1: Through Online Payment Gateway- Candidates can pay through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards; IDBI Net Banking (this option is available only for people having IDBI account) Check IDBI Branches in India
- Mode 2: Through Cash Payment- Candidates can take print of XAT Pay-In-Slip and visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Mode 3: Through Demand Draft- Candidates can make a DD made from any Bank in favor of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
The Confirmation page and the Demand Draft has to be sent to the following address within 15 days of issuance of DD:
The Chairperson Admission,
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
Note:Applicant paying through Mode 2 & 3 should update the payment details on the registration page so that there is no delay.
For a clearer understanding on XAT Registration, you may refer to our PPT below:
All candidates who register successfully can download their admit card from December 20 onwards. It cam be accessed from xatonline.in.
XAT Registration 2020 for Foreign Nationals
- Candidates of foreign nationality can also apply for XAT 2020.
- The acceptable categories include Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign Nationality (FN).
- These candidates have an option of applying either through XAT or GMAT.
- The dates and steps to apply through XAT are same as mentioned above.
- To apply using GMAT Score, the last will expectedly be around the fourth week of December 2019.
Check XAT Registration 2019 for Foreign Candidates
Applying via GMAT Score
- Login to GMAT LOGIN if you have already registered or go to XLRI GMAT Registration and register yourself
- Fill preliminary information like GMAT details, personal information, interview city etc. and submit it
- Note down unique user ID (GMT ID) & password on your email
- Re-login and fill other details like programmes(s) and make payment
- Select XLRI programmes (BM, HRM & GMP) strictly in order of priority
- Select Mode of Payment: There are two possible modes of payment
- Mode 1- Online Payment Gateway- Through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible), IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
- Mode 2- Demand Draft- Candidate has to get a DD made in favour of "XLRI Programmes" payable at Jamshedpur.
- Pay the requisite application fee:
- For NRI Candidate: INR 5,000/- for all Candidates irrespective to any number of programmes.
- For Indian Candidate: INR 2,500/- for all Candidates interested for GMP programme.
- Upload your scanned recent digital photograph and signature
- Print the confirmation page and send along with the DD (if paid through DD) to the Admission Office of XLRI, within 15 days from the date of issuance of DD.
Instructions for XAT 2020 Photograph & Signature
Candidates must adhere to the instructions regarding the photograph and signature that are to be uploaded during XAT Registration. They are given below:
Instructions for XAT Photograph
- Put the file name as ‘photo.jpeg’
- Photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
- The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc.
Instructions for XAT Signature
- Put the file name as ‘sign.jpeg’.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of a mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
Procedure for Uploading XAT Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the 'Upload' button
XAT 2020 Form Correction
- The form correction window of XAT 2020 should become functional from end of August to December, 2019.
- Candidates can check their application form status by logging in using XAT registration ID and password.
- It will display the message ‘Registration process Successful’ or ‘Registration Process Incomplete’.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected if the necessary corrections are not made or if the form is incomplete in any manner.
- For any kind of correction in the application form, candidates can go to the contact us tab on the official website.
- A form will be displayed which has to be filled.
- Mention all the details required and in the message body mention your correction details.
- Email, name and other details should be same as they were entered during registration.
- A priority list is also given so that high priority corrections can be made first.
XAT 2020 Registration FAQs
Ques. How to retrieve XAT Application Number and Password?
Ans. To retrieve Application Number, candidates can check their email for XAT registration ID. In case it is not retrieved, they can call on the helpline number 1800-419-4177.
To retrieve XAT password, follow the below steps:
- Go to the website and enter the login window
- Select “forgot password”.
- It asks you for a captcha and the email id that you used to register. The email linked to XAT registration is only validated.
- The new password or the new reset password link will be emailed to this ID.
If one does not receive registration number and password, they must check the spam/junk folder. If the mail still cannot be located, contact firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your email ID. Candidates can also call the helpline number: 1800 300 20677 between 9 AM to 8 PM.
Ques. How to apply for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. To apply for XAT Member Institutes, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Obtain the application form after registering online post fee payment
- For further details, visit individual websites of the institutes
- Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs.
- XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website).
Ques. What should I do if there is a lot of delay in accessing the page?
Ans. Speed for online application on Internet is based on factors like Internet Speed, a number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore, if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or at off-peak hours during the night.
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered?
Ans. Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". Please note down the same carefully, and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
Ques. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
Ans. In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
Ques. I got Blank / Zero XAT ID after submission of application on-line. What to do?
Ans. In rare cases, Candidates may get Zero (0) XAT ID with valid Password. Candidates are advised to Re-register the Application and check the Printout through Re -Print Application.
Ques. By Registering and paying for XAT 2020, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. Candidates interested in XLRI need to apply for the programmes of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightage to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website) XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI.
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage for graduation and post graduation.
We hope all the deserving candidates secure a seat in their preferred college. Clearing XAT becomes easier if you prepare all the sections well. Good luck! In case of any query, ask in the comments below.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College