XAT 2022 Registration is expected to start by the 2nd week of September 2021 and continue for more than two months till the last week of November 2021 (without late fees). XAT 2022 registration is a 7 step process that will be completed on submitting the XAT application form.
More 1 lakh candidates are expected to appear for XAT 2022 as many missed the exam in 2021 due to COVID- 19 pandemic. XAT exam will be conducted in 72 cities. XAT aspirants can choose upto 2 cities while filling the form.
Eligible candidates can also apply after the registration deadline with late fees till the 2nd week of December 2021. Check XAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- XAT registration fee is INR 1750. For every additional program chosen, INR 300 is to be paid.
- Candidates can submit XAT application form after deadline with extra fee. Fees for such application will be INR 2000.
- Candidates who have paid their fees will be able to download the hall ticket of XAT tentatively from the 3rd week of December 2021.
XAT 2022 Registration is the first step towards seeking admission in more than 160 XAT Colleges in India offering MBA programs which include XLRI, XIME, XIMA.
XAT 2022 Registration Date
|XAT Official Notice|| |
2nd week of September 2021
|XAT Registration Date Start|| |
2nd week of September 2021
|Last date for XAT registration|| |
Last week of November 2021
|Last date XAT Application with late fee|| |
2nd week of December 2021
|Release of XAT Admit Card|| |
1st week of January 2022
|Last Date to Download XAT Admit Card||January 3, 2022|
|XAT Exam date 2021||1st week of January 2022|
Documents Required to Fill XAT Application Form 2022
|Academic Documents|| |
Marksheets of class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
|Scanned Documents|| |
Scanned images of photograph and signature
Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
|Payment Details||Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of the XAT Application Form Fees|
|Work Experience||Experience certificate from the employer or letter of recommendation to prove work experience if any (for programs where work experience is mandatory)|
|Contact Details|| |
Valid email address
Valid mobile phone number
Terms XAT Applications Must Be Familiar With
In order to understand each stage properly and avoid any possible errors, candidates must familiarize themselves with the following terminologies:
- New User Registration: Applicable for first time registrations. Name, email, mobile number and password must be entred to start the application process.
- Registered Candidate Login: Candidates who have already provided the data mentioned above can login and start applying anytime using their credentials.
Recommended Browsers for XAT Registration
To fill XAT application form hassle free, candidates are advised to use any one of the following browsers and their versions:
- Google Chrome: Version 50 to 69
- Mozilla Firefox: Version 50 to 62
- Internet Explorer: Version 11
XAT 2022 Registration: Complete Process
Registration for XAT: Do’s and Don'ts
Keep the following points in mind while filling XAT application form online
- Use a good browser of the latest version.
- Clear cache before starting the process.
- Use a desktop or laptop. Avoid using mobile phones or tablet to fill the form.
- Make sure your internet is stable to fill the form without any hassles.
- Do not fill the form in a hurry. Mistakes can be rectified but it is better to avoid them.
- Do not wait for the last moment to apply.
How to Fill XAT 2022 Application Form?
Candidates should note that filling up XAT application form mainly involves: Registering on the website and generating credentials, filling detailed application form and paying fee.Here is a step wise detailed process for the same:
Step 1: Visiting the Official Website
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on tab "Register"
- Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-id
- Note down your provisional XAT ID & Password sent on email and SMS.
- Log-in using your XAT ID & Password and begin filling the application form.
Note: In case you did not receive your XAT ID and Password, then you can
- Check your spam folder in the email.
- You can call at Helpline Number 1800 267 4008, active between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- You can also write about your issue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Filling XAT Online Application Form: Personal Details
- Click on Login and enter your XAT ID and Password.
- Now the candidate has to fill all the mandatory fields that are personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Parents Name, Category, Nationality, etc.
- Fill a valid communication address.
- After that candidate has to upload a scanned copy of Passport Size Photograph and Signature.
- Then click on Save and Submit.
Step 3: Fill the Educational Details
- Candidate has to provide the aggregate marks, marks obtained, maximum marks, board name, year of passing for 10th and 12th standard.
- Then provide the necessary information regarding your degree.
- Enter other mandatory fields and press Save and Continue.
- Candidates can convert their CGPA into Percentage using this formula.
Step 4: Fill in the Work Experience after graduation, if any
- Enter the details of Work experience (till Mar 31, 2021)
- After graduation full-time work experience will be considered valid.
- Industrial Training, workshops, part-time jobs, etc will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Step 5: Program and Test City Preference
- Select the program of your choice from the given options: Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP).
- Candidates who are not interested in any of the XLRI programs can skip this step.
- Candidates need to select their exam city preferences for XAT 2021.
- Candidates must keep in mind that test city preference for XAT 2021 can be edited only once before December 10, 2020.
Step 6: Online Payment
- Before making the online payment candidates are advised to review their forms once.
- Candidates can select their preferred method for online payment that is credit card, debit card, internet banking, etc.
- After payment candidates will get a confirmation for successful submission of XAT Registration and Application form.
- During the online payment process do not press back or refresh button
XAT 2021 Application Fee
|Registration Fee||INR 1750 (+300 for candidates interested in XLRI programmes)|
|Late Registration Fee||INR 2050 (+500 for candidates interested in XLRI programmes)|
|Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT||INR 2500|
|NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT||INR 5000|
XAT Application Fee Payment Important Points
- When successful payment of application fee is made an e receipt will be generated, if that is not the case that indicated failure of payment.
- Candidates have to login again using their credentials and make fee payment again.
- Print out of the fee receipt should be kept as a proof along with the application form.
- Print out of confirmation page for future correspondence is necessary.
XAT Registration Fee Accepted Modes:
- Master Card / Maestro
- Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- Cash Cards
- Mobile Wallets
XAT 2022 Photo & Signature Specifications
Before start filling the online registration form, candidates have to be ready with the scanned copy of images as per the specifications provided.
There will be two seperate links to upload for photograph and signature, click on the respective link to upload images. Browse and select the image wherever located and select ok option.
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||20kb – 80kb||JPG or JPEG|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||10kb – 20kb||JPG or JPEG|
Scanning of Photograph and Signature for XAT Application
- Setup camera resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Colour should be set to True colour
- The photo should be against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- Crop images in the scanner to the edge of photograph/ signature- use upload editor to crop image to final size.
- Images should be in JPG or JPEG format. Example image01.jpg or image01.jpeg
- Candidates who use MS Windows/ MS Office can easily get desired image size not exceeding 50 kb or 20 kb by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- Scanned images can be saved using “save as” option and cropped or resized using the specific options.
|Recent colour size photograph against a light backdrop||Sign on White paper with black ink pen|
|If image taken in sunlight- avoid shadows and squinting||Signature will be used to put on XAT Admit Card and wherever required|
|No red eye image is acceptable||Signature marked at the attendance sheet should match the one uploaded|
|Caps, hats and dark glasses are not allowed||Signature only signed by the applicant- no duplicate|
How to Retrieve Forgotten Password for XAT 2022?
The conducting body Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur provides an opportunity to candidates to retrieve their forgotten login credentials in case they have missed on it. Its quite common to do so, thus generally advised to save the password somewhere on mail draft or drive or write it down.
- Visit the official website and navigate to forgotten password tab.
- Enter email id and password used at the time of registration.
- A captcha will be provided, mention that and click on “get password”.
- Your credentials will be emailed to the mentioned id.
Important points to be considered during XAT 2022Registration
- Only after successful registration candidates will be able to login with the ID and Password generated.
- XAT scores will help you in getting admission in MBA program in XLRI, XIME and in various other B Schools.
- Before the final submission of the application form, carefully review it for any errors. No changes are possible once the form is submitted.
- After online fee payment, an E-receipt will be generated for the reference of the candidate.
- During the payment process do not press back or refresh button.
- The images should be as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities. If your image does not match the specifications then you will not be able to upload them.
- Candidates are suggested to keep all the necessary information and documents ready beforehand.
- With late fees, candidates can fill the forms from Dec 1 - Dec 7, 2021
- Exam city preference can be edited only once before Nov 30, 2021
- Once the application portal is closed, city preference cannot be edited any longer.
XAT 2022 Admit Card
Once the registration process will be closed, XLRI will release admit card for XAT 2022. It should be noted that the hall ticket will carry all the essential details regarding venue, schedule, date and time of the test. It will also be used to cross verify candidates' identities. Thus without any negligence should be carried to the examination center.
- XAT 2022 Admit Card will be released in the 3rd week of December 2021.
- The window to download XAT 2022 Admit Card will be available from the day of release to the date of exam.
- Candidates who have registered successfully will be able to download the hall ticket from the official website by entering their XAT id and password.
List of XAT Exam Centers 2022
|Agra||Bokaro Steel City||Gorakhpur||Kannur||Mysuru (Mysore)||Surat|
XAT Member Institutes For 2022
|XLRI Jamshedpur||XISS Ranchi|
|XIM Jabalpur||XIMR Mumbai|
|XIME Bangalore||XIM Bhubaneshwar|
|St. Aloysius Institute||St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration|
|SFIMR Mumbai||Xavier Business School (XBS), St.Xavier's University, Kolkata|
Also Check XAT 2021 Participating Institutes
XAT Contact Information
Candidates who are having issues while registering or have any queries related to XAT can use the following information to get in tough with the concerned authorities:
- Phone number: 91 657 665 3203 /3204
- Fax: 91-657-2227814
- Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll free number: 18002674008 (Monday to Sunday 08:00am - 08:00pm)
XAT Registration 2022 FAQs
Ques. How to retrieve XAT Application Number and Password?
Ans. To retrieve Application Number, candidates can check their email for XAT registration ID. In case it is not retrieved, they can call on the helpline number 1800-419-4177.
To retrieve XAT password, follow the below steps:
- Go to the website and enter the login window
- Select “forgot password”.
- It asks you for a captcha and the email id that you used to register. The email linked to XAT registration is only validated.
- The new password or the new reset password link will be emailed to this ID.
If one does not receive registration number and password, they must check the spam/junk folder. If the mail still cannot be located, contact email@example.com mentioning your email ID. Candidates can also call the helpline number: 1800 300 20677 between 9 AM to 8 PM.
Ques. How to apply for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. To apply for XAT Member Institutes, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Obtain the application form after registering online post fee payment
- For further details, visit individual websites of the institutes
- Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs.
- XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website).
Ques. What should I do if there is a lot of delay in accessing the page?
Ans. Speed for online application on the Internet is based on factors like Internet Speed, a number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore, if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or at off-peak hours during the night.
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered?
Ans. Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". Please note down the same carefully, and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
Ques. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
Ans. In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
Ques. I got Blank / Zero XAT ID after submission of application on-line. What to do?
Ans. In rare cases, Candidates may get Zero (0) XAT ID with valid Password. Candidates are advised to Re-register the Application and check the Printout through Re-Print Application.
Ques. By registering and paying for XAT 2022, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. Candidates interested in XLRI need to apply for the programs of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightage to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website) XAT is a common test for admission into academic programs of XLRI.
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage for graduation and post-graduation.
We hope all the deserving candidates secure a seat in their preferred college. Clearing XAT becomes easier if you prepare all the sections well. Good luck! In case of any query, ask in the comments below.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.