Free XAT Mock Test for Preparation
Xavier Aptitude Test, a 3 hour long entrance exam conducted by XLRI for admission into their postgraduate level management programs is one of the toughest exams compared to other similar exams such as CAT, TANCET, CMAT, MCET, and more. Check XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
With about 90,000 candidates appearing for XAT, this level of difficulty is only increasing with each passing year. Candidates must familiarize themselves with XAT 2021 Syllabusto be better prepared.
XAT 2021 is scheduled to be held in the first week of January. Candidates who are registered for XAT can take the official XAT mock tests provided by XLRI. It is recommended that aspirants solve at least 3 - 4 mock papers a week to get a high percentile in the exam. Some key features of the XAT exam include:
- Duration of the XAT exam is 3 hours consisting of 100 questions.
- The paper is divided into 2 parts; part 1 and part 2. It is an online exam.
- Part 1 consists of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation, and Decision Making.
- Part 2 consists of General Knowledge only.
- Time limit for part 1 is 165 minutes for all 3 sections combined and candidates can switch from one section to another.
- Time limit for part 2 is 15 minutes. Switching to any sections of part 1 is not allowed here.
- Negative marking for incorrect response is applicable (0.25 marks) only for part 1 of the paper while for the second part, there is no negative marking.
- There are 5 options for each question in XAT.
Question pattern for each section in XAT:
|Section ||Number of Questions ||Time limit ||Negative Marking|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||165 minutes ||Yes |
|Decision Making||21||Yes |
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||Yes |
|General Knowledge||25||15 minutes ||No |
Must Read: XAT 2021 Preparation Tips, Study Material, and Topper's Tips
Why Solve XAT Mock Tests?
Why Solve XAT Mock Tests?
Let us understand how solveign mock tests before appearing for the actual exam can be beneficial to all aspirants:
- Mock exams will prepare candidates for the XAT test and help aspirants familiarize themselves with XAT.
- After revising each chapter, it is vital to put the learning into test. Mock exams tests a candidate’s application capability to the fullest.
- XAT is a test of not just your aptitude, but also the pace at which you can solve the problems. The more you practice, the faster you get and the higher number of questions you can attempt.
- By solving mock test questions, you will be able to assess yourself; the topics which you are good at and topics which need improvement. This way you can focus on your weaknesses.
- Solving more mock papers means covering a wider range of probable questions. This will help you cover every possible type of problem that might have otherwise been a challenge.
- Solving mock tests will help you understand the tricks and shortcuts to identify correct options. Since the time limit does not allow candidates to attempt all questions, some can be answered by guesswork.
- Candidates often score less than what they deserve due to stress and panicking in the exam hall. Solving mock tests help them gain confidence.
- Mock tests help candidates to revise the entire syllabus at once. If you hate learning something which you already learned, mock tests are for you!
How to Answer XAT Mock Tests?
How to Answer XAT Online Mock Tests?
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the online test rules and regulations before taking the exam. Read: XAT Books for Preparation
- Questions will be displayed on the left side of the screen and questions set in a box on the right side.
- Candidates can jump from one question to another by clicking on the question number.
- Candidates can select the options “next question” to answer the question succeeding ir or on “previous question” to answer the one preceding it.
- If you are not sure of the answer you opted for, use the “erase” button at the bottom of the screen to eliminate the response.
- In order to review a particular response, click on the “tag” option and bookmark the same. You can also de tag if needed.
- Status of every question will be displayed in the question box in which all question numbers are color coded.
- If a question is yet to be answered or marked for review, it will be shown as yellow.
- If a question has not been answered and marked for review, it will be shown as purple.
- White indicates that a question has not yet been answered.
- Green indicates that a question has been answered.
Tips to Answer Each Section
Tips to Answer Each Section
There are few tricks to scoring higher marks in XAT. Check:XAT 2021 Preparation Tips, Study Material, and Topper's Tips. Candidates might find the following tips helpful while answering questions from the given sections:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
Solve non RC questions such as para jumbles and grammar first and try not to spend a lot of time on questions which you are completely unfamiliar with.
Attempting to answer all questions would be futile. A good attempt would be 7 - 8 questions out of 12.
Do not spend more than 50 minutes out of 165 minutes for VA. For vocabulary and parajumbles 10 - 15 minutes should suffice and for RC, 30 minutes are adequate.
Also Read: XAT Verbal Ability Syllabus, Pattern, PDF, Previous Year Analysis, Preparation Tips
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation:
Also Read:XAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, Pattern, Sample Questions, and Preparation Tips
- Always opt for the most ethical choice over options which provide short term solutions or not solve everyone’s problems.
- Options in which no action is being taken or the situation does not change for better must be avoided as these are not solutions.
- Do not choose options which reflect your personal opinions. Don't let your political, social, or economical ideologies reflect on your answer.
- Enver opt for extreme decisions or decisions which solve a problem partially. Implement more logical and less emotion.
Also Read: XAT Decision Making Questions With Solutions, Tips, Pattern
- Avoid spending a lot of time on a question with which you are not familiar. Overthinking will not solve a problem.
- As there is no negative marking in this section, you can go for guesswork on a few questions.
- Despite the fact that there is no negative marking for XAT GK, avoid spending more than 30 seconds on one question.
Also Read:XAT GK Syllabus, Pattern, Sample Questions, and Preparation Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. When will the XAT 2021 exam be conducted?
Ans. XAT 2021 exam will be conducted in the first week of January, 2021.
Ques. Does XAT have any official mock tests to solve?
Ans. Yes, candidates who have registered themselves for the exam can login with their credentials in the official website to solve mock test papers.
Ques. What are some tips to solve XAT Verbal ability and reading comprehension?
Ans. Some tips to solve XAT Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension include solving non RC questions first such as para jumbles and grammar, not spending a lot of time on questions which you are completely unfamiliar with, Attempting to answer 7 - 8 questions out of 12 instead of all.
Ques. What are some tips to solve XAT Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation?
Ans. Some tips to solve XAT Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation include using your reading time wisely to figure out the questions you are familiar with, try to calculate using shortcuts, tricks and formulas and for DI questions, do not make any assumptions and try to stick strictly to what is written in the problem.
Ques. What are some tips to solve XAT decision making questions?
Ans. Tips to solve XAT decision making include opting for the most ethical choice over options which provide short term solutions or not solve everyone’s problems, avoid options in which no action is being taken or the situation does not change for better, not choosing options which reflect your personal opinions. Don't let your political, social, or economical ideologies reflect on your answer and avoid choosing extreme decisions or decisions which solve a problem partially. Implement more logical and less emotion.
Ques. Where can I get free mock tests and study materials for XAT?
Ans. For free mock tests and study materials on XAT, visit this link.
Ques. Is solving mock tests enough for the XAT exam?
Ans. XAT is an exam which tests your concepts and aptitude. It is vital to clear your basics before appearing for XAT or similar competitive exams. So solving mock tests should only suffice if you can solve all problems irrespective of the difficulty level.
Ques. If I am preparing for CAT, do I have to prepare separately for XAT?
Ans. Level of difficulty of XAT is higher than that of CAT. Candidates who can solve higher level problems of CAT can avoid the similar topics in XAT but not otherwise.