XAT 2022 Selection Process will commence from February and conclude in April 2022. Each institute has its own selection procedure and there is no centralized procedure. Candidates who make it to the final merit list on the basis of their score in XAT and other selection rounds like GD, PI will be called for counselling. Read: XAT GD PI WAT Tips
Candidate’s academic record, past work experience, and overall profile also play an important role in his/her selection. XAT 2022 aims to select admirable students for management programs offered by more than 150 institutes. To appear for XAT 2022 selection procedure you just need to register on the official website of your preferred colleges.
Must Read: XLRI Placement & Salary
XAT Selection Process 2022
Candidates who clear the XAT 2022 cut off will be eligible to participate in the selection rounds of different colleges. The process for XAT Counselling is done through online mode. The steps involved in the procedure are as follows:
Step 1 – Registration for XAT 2022 Selection
- Before appearing for XAT Selection Process, all the selected candidates are required to register for it.
- It can be done by providing the required credentials on the official website of your preferred college.
- With that, candidates are required to make the payment.
- One must take note that the fee varies as per the institute.
Step 2 – Choice Filling and Locking
- After successful registration, candidates will have an option to choose a preferred course in the institute.
- Select the course and lock the same option.
- One must take note that after locking the choice no alterations can be done at later stages.
Step 3 – Final Seat Allotment
- The final allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled by the candidate.
- Also, on the basis of rank in the merit list as well as on the availability status.
Note: After the XAT Selection concludes, candidates have to report at the allocated venue for Document Verification Process.
Documents Required for XAT 2022 Selection Process
- Original counselling letter along with a photocopy of counselling letter
- Original and Xerox of XAT 2022 Admit Card
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in XAT 2022 Brochure
- Academic Certificates (class X & XII; Bachelor’s Degree)
- XAT Rank Card
- Scorecard (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Medical documents
- 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
XAT Selection Procedure 2022 Stages
- The selection procedure varies as per the participating institute.
- The process will test overall abilities of a candidate.
- Based on XAT Selection Procedure, the institute will decide if a candidate is suitable for admissions or not.
- The process will be a two-step process. The two steps are as follows:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The process for each XLRI program is explained below:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Management (PGDM-BM):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on XAT score
Stage 2: Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The GD typically lasts for 30 minutes, with 8-10 participants.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- General Management (PGDM-GM):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on XAT or GMAT score.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (PI), in person, or over G-Talk/ Skype for overseas candidates.
- PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on an aptitude test (which consists of class 10th level questions on quantitative ability, English language skills, and logical reasoning). Candidates may be required to provide the scores of credible MBA examinations in which they may have appeared.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (PI) at XLRI Jamshedpur
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Global MBA (PGDM- GMBA):
- Shortlisting based on XAT or GMAT score.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Human Resources Management (PGDM- HRM):
- Shortlisting based on XAT score.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The GD typically lasts for 30 minutes, with 8-10 participants.
Once these rounds are completed, the total score for final selection is calculated on the basis of weightage given to several assessment components such as XAT score, GD, PI, Essay Writing, past academic records, work experience, and overall profile of the candidate.
Preparation of XAT Merit List
The weightage of these components (for all programs of XLRI) for final selection is as explained below:
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-ex, video||15%|
- XLRI has the right to change the weightage of the components after analyzing GD/PI data.
- The bottom 10% scores in GD/PI may not be considered for final selection irrespective of scores in other components.
- On the basis of the total score, a merit list for final admissions is prepared.
XAT 2022 Group Discussion
In a GD round, candidates are divided into groups of 8-15 participants, depending on the number of candidates shortlisted and the number of GD rounds in total that the institute wishes to conduct. Each group is then given a topic which the participants are required to discuss. The time limit for each GD is about 15-25 minutes.
The topics of XLRI GD could be related to current affairs, politics, social issues such as women’s rights and emancipation, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, education or business in India.
Guidelines to the Group Discussion
- Utilize the time given before each GD round to make some quick notes for yourself.
- Don’t lose your calm if the GD turns into a fish market. Stick to the topic and make your points in a clear, audible voice.
- Don’t get too aggressive and insulting in your words and tone. Use politically correct language to put forth your views.
- Don’t flaunt your vocabulary during the GD. Instead, focus on good and substantial points to put forth.
- Address the entire group while making a point.
- Don’t try to dominate the group. Don’t pick fights with the ones who disagree with you.
- Body Language: Sit straight, be active, don’t slouch or hunch, don’t intrude into other people’s space by spreading your arms way too much, gestures using hands must be limited to your personal space, at the height of your chest.
- Don’t be too shy or introverted as none of the other participants will give you the chance to speak. Make at least some contribution to the GD to avoid getting eliminated. The beginning and ending of the GD are good places to speak up and get noticed.
- Be updated with the latest current affairs and increase your knowledge about various issues concerning our society, culture, politics, business, education etc. Reading newspapers daily will help in this direction.
XAT 2022 Personal interview
Personal Interview (PI) has questions about the candidate’s background, academics, achievements, and motivation behind going for an MBA.The interviewers intend to gauge the candidates on their communication skills, content, confidence, and ability to think under pressure.
Usually, candidates are petrified by the thought of a PI due to low confidence, lack of communication skills and fear of speaking in public.
Guidelines to the Personal Interview
- Don’t fear the interview panel. They are experienced academicians and experts but they intend to know you better, so don’t get too nervous. Relax and be as natural in your answers as possible.
- Take care of general etiquettes: Greet them, address all the panelists while talking, thank them after the interview is over.
- Be well-versed and thorough with your resume, essay and application form.
- Be honest in your answers and don’t try to bluff the interviewers. If you don’t know the answer to a question, admit that and apologize.
- Treat it like a talking session. This will keep you relaxed and keep nervousness at bay.
- Time for every interviewee is different. A shorter interview does not mean elimination. Similarly, a longer interview does not indicate selection.
- Smile. Don’t look too serious, too aggressive or too tense.
XAT Selection Process FAQs
Ques: When is XAT 2022 Selection Process expected to be start?
Ans: XAT 2022 counselling is expected to start in the month of February 2022.
Ques: XAT 2022 Selection Process will be held in which mode?
Ans: XAT 2022 Selection Process will be conducted in online mode only.
Ques: Can I change my choice after locking it?
Ans: No, you can not change your choice after locking it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.