Table of Contents
XAT 2020 Result(Released), Cut Off, Counselling and Selection Process
XAT 2020 was conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 5, 2020. XAT Result has been released earlier than expected and the scorecard is available on the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.in. Although there has not been an official intimation by XLRI, the official merit list and cutoff is expected to be released soon. According to current peer reviews and candidate estimates, XAT 2020 was on par with last year’s exam and included a mix of sections that were on the moderate-difficult range.
Latest: XAT 2020 Score Card has been declared on the official website – Check Here
- Many applicants found the Decision Making (DM) as well as the Verbal Ability section pretty tricky, which may lead to a decrease in the XAT 2020 Cutoff. Just like XAT 2019, there was no essay based question in XAT 2020. Candidates can view the XAT 2020 Paper Analysis for an in-depth sectional analysis about the examination.
- Inviduals who clear the cutoff will be eligible for the subsequent selection process which will be conducted by the XAT participating institute(s) in which the candidate has applied. The score is accepted by all XLRI partner institues as well as XLRI, SPJIMR, XIMB, TAPMI, and more than 150 colleges in India.
- XAT 2020 Answer Key remains unchanged as none of the objections were approved by the XAT official committee.
|XAT 2020 Answer Key||XAT Answer Key Pdf|
|XAT 2020 Response Sheet||XAT Response Sheet Link|
You can check the upcoming XAT exam date, cities in which the exam is conducted and other necessary details below.
Highlights of XAT 2020
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management/ Business Management/ General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||3-year Bachelor’s Degree|
|Number of Test Takers||80,000 approx.|
|XAT Helpline Number||1800 267 4008|
|XAT Contact Number|
0657 665 3203/04
XAT 2020 – Essential Details
The conducting body of XAT 2020 introduced some changes in the exam. This year exam had only MCQs as well as NAT (numerical answer type) questions. So students did not have to prepare for essay type questions. The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for XAT 2020 was graduation in any discipline. Candidates in their final year of graduation were also eligible for XAT 2020. The major sections in the exam were QA, DI, VALR, GK, DM. Also, the marks obtained in GK will not be included in the final score calculation.
- The test duration has been reduced to 180 minutes since 2018.
- XAT Cutoff differs for Human Resource and Business Management programs. Also, the cut off is different for male and female candidates. Last year, the cut off for BM was 28 marks and HR was 26 marks. Check XAT Cutoff 2020
XAT 2020 Dates
XAT 2020 dates have been released on the official website i.e. xatonline.in. The XAT 2020 important dates are as follows:
|Events||XAT Dates 2020|
|XAT 2020 Registration Date Began on||August 23, 2019|
|Last day to fill XAT 2020 Application Form||November 30, 2019|
|Extended Registration Date||Till December 10, 2019|
|Availability of XAT Admit Card 2020||December 20, 2019|
|XAT Exam Date 2020 (First Sunday of January)||January 5, 2020 (Sunday; 9:30 AM- 12:30 PM)|
|Announcement of XAT Result 2020||January 16, 2020 (Released)|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates applying for XAT 2020 should have carefully gone through the eligibility criteria before filling XAT application form. The minimum eligibility criteria is a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration. Candidates who are in the final year of graduation can also apply for the XAT entrance exam. There was no minimum aggregate marks criteria to apply for XAT 2020. One more important information that all the candidates should know is that there was no limit on age and number of attempts.
NOTE: Candidates who did graduation in the 1980s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible for XAT 2020. NRI and Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply through GMAT Scorecard.
Check Detailed XAT 2020 Eligibility
XAT Application Form 2020
XAT Registration commenced from August 23, 2019 and the extended date to apply for XAT 2020 was Dec 10, 2019. Candidates were able to fill XAT 2020 Application Form at the official website xatonline.in. XAT Registration process primarily involved the following steps:
Step 1: XAT Registration
- Visit the official website-xatonline.in.
- Click on the tab "Registration" and enter your Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and Email-id.
- A system generated XAT ID and Password will be sent to you through Email/SMS.
- Note down XAT ID and Password for future reference.
Step 2: Fill XAT Application Form
- Fill in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and exam center.
- Preview your form carefully once as no changes will be entertained after clicking on “Final Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Documents
Upload scanned images of your recent Photograph and signature as per specifications mentioned below:
|Scanned Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph|
Image Dimensions: 200X230 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 20Kbs – 50Kbs
|Scanned Candidate’s Signature|
Image Dimensions: 140X160 pixels
File Type: JPG or JPEG
File size: 10Kbs – 20Kbs
Step 4: XAT 2020 Fees-Payment
- Pay XAT Application Fee by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards or Internet Banking.
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/- (Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.)
- XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/- (Candidates interested in XLRI programs need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.)
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT – Rs. 2500/-
NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
Step 5: Download Confirmation Page
- Download XAT Application Form and e-receipt of fee payment.
- Take a printout of them for further reference.
Check Detailed XAT Registration 2020
Note: In case an applicant did not receive the registration confirmation mail along with provisional XAT UID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, they are requested to write to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the primary email ID and the issue or call the Helpdesk on 1800 267 4008 (08.00 a.m. till 08.00 p.m. IST)
XAT Admit Card 2020
XLRI Jamshedpur issued XAT Admit Card 2020 on December 20, 2019. Candidates were able to download the admit card from the official website of XAT 2020 – xatonline.in. You just needed to enter a valid XAT ID and password. After downloading the admit card you must check the details mentioned in it like exam center, exam instructions, date, timings and candidate’s information. Candidates were advised to resolve any issue in their admit card as soon as possible otherwise they would not have been allowed to take the exam on January 5, 2020. XAT Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be preserved till the admission process.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020. Click on “login” link at the top right side of the page.
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format.
- Download your admit card which will be available in PDF format
- Print multiple hard copies for further use.
NOTE: In case of any discrepancy or error in the XAT Admit Card, you must report it to the concerned authorities immediately at their Helpline Number - 18002674008.
Documents Required with Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry XAT admit card to the exam center along with any of the following photo ID proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or employer among others.
XAT Exam Centers 2020
The management exam was held in about 72 cities in India Here is the XAT 2020 list of exam cities:
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
XAT 2020 was conducted in online mode i.e computer-based test. The question paper was divided into 4 sections i.e. Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. The essay writing section was not present in the exam. The following table give the highlights of XAT 2020 Pattern:
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Time|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||3 Hours|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
XAT Exam Pattern Changes
The conducting body of XAT has gone through various changes in the exam. The conducting time for XAT 2020 exam was from to 9.30 am - 12.30 pm. The most important change was that there was no essay writing test in XAT 2020. Due to this, candidates only had to prepare for multiple choice questions. A new category in the form of Numerical Answer Type Question (NAT Questions) were available in the XAT 2020 Exam. Other than this, the score obtained in the GK section will not be included in the final calculation of score and the incorrect responses for questions from this section will not be considered for percentile calculation. Applicants could only move-on to part-2 of the GK section after the completion of part-1 of the XAT 2020 Exam.
Check detailed XAT Exam Pattern
XAT Syllabus 2020
There was no officially prescribed syllabus for XAT 2020. The XAT 2020 syllabus was based on past trends of XAT question papers and syllabus was drawn from the topics which have been asked in previous XAT exams. However, their composition, format, and number may change with each subsequent edition of XAT.
XAT 2020 was an objective type paper covering Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, English Language and Reasoning, and Decision Making. An indicative list of topics covered in these sections are:
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Geometry, Tables, Graphs, Arithmetic, Trigonometry, Statistics, Profit & Loss, Speed and Distance, Clocks, Probability, Algebraic Function, Mensuration -2D and 3D|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Grammar, Para Jumbles, Para Completion, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Completion of Sentences|
|Analytical Reasoning, Situational, Case sets, Data Arrangement,|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Politics, Literature, Sports, History, Awards and Recognitions, Business, Economics, International Relations, Society, Merger, and Aquisition|
Read Detailed XAT Syllabus
XAT Cutoff 2020
XAT Cut-Off marks include the minimum percentile to be scored by each candidate in the test. On the basis of XAT 2020 Cut Off, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds for admission. XAT Cut off varies for different programs offered by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Other participating institutes also have their individual cut off scores.
The minimum percentage required for being considered for different programs at XLRI:
XAT Mock Test 2020
XAT 2020 mock test was released by XLRI on January 02, 2020. To ace in the XAT 2020 preparation, candidates were advised to appear for the mock test released by the conducting body to understand the exam pattern and structure of the online XAT 2020 test. In order to access the online assessment/mock test of XAT 2019, test takers had to enter the User ID and Password created during the XAT 2020 Registration.
CheckXAT 2020 Mock Test
How to prepare for XAT
- Time table is a must: Candidates are advised to make a weekly time table which included a schedule regarding time devotion to various sections, revisions and mock tests. To maintain the interest in the preparation and reduce the stress, candidates should take a day off from weekly preparation.
- Take Regular Mock Tests: Candidates should start taking mock tests as soon as they start their preparation, this will help them analyze the pace of their preparation and assist them in improving their performance.
- Section-wise Preparation: Candidates should go through the exam pattern and thoroughly understand the section-wise syllabus. This will help the candidates identify their strong and weak areas and they can thus work towards the same in an organized manner.
- Make notes: Candidates may use different sources to study the same topic for a broad and a better understanding of it. However, it’s a must to keep your study material in one place. Making notes will be helpful for future references and a productive revision.
- Don’t Pile on: This is a common mistake and must be avoided. Candidates should try and not pile on topics like current affairs, as reading them every day will not only enhance the candidate’s grip over topics but also reduce the workload immensely.
XAT Preparation Tips by Previous Years' Toppers
For a productive preparation process, one must consider the opinions of the more experienced. Collegedunia brings you insights from the journeys of XAT toppers:
|XAT Tips by Toppers|
|XAT Topper Tips By Arya Balial|
|XAT Topper Tips By Isha Parasramka|
|XAT Topper Tips by Akash Senapati|
|XAT Topper Tips by Aditi Srivastava|
XAT Exam Day Instructions
There are few exam day instructions that need to be followed by all the candidates. XAT MBA Exam 2020 was of 3 hours duration from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. The three sections of Verbal & Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Decision Making & Analytical Ability summed up to a count of 74 questions and the section for GK included 25 questions.
- Candidates have to be seated as per their allocated Centre Registration Number - CRN once they enter the Test Hall.
- Any rough work, if required, had to be done within the space of the margin on the provided test booklet. No separate or extra rough sheet was given out at the exam hall.
- Candidates taking the XAT 2020 were not permitted to leave their respective seats before the test-invigilator personally acquires the rough sheet from every individual candidate at the end of the test. Only then are they allowed to step out of the test hall.
XAT Exam Time Approach
- One question to focus on: Each time only one question will pop up with five options to it. This will let candidates to focus on that particular question without thinking of a different one.
- Proper and easy Navigation: Candidates can click on either of the 'Next Question' or 'Previous Question' buttons present at the bottom of the screen to navigate to the respective previous or next questions.
- A track of Time: A ticking timer will be available on the corner of the screen at the top-right position; candidates will get help from this counter to keep a check on the proceedings on their attempt towards every section and the XAT 2020 exam as a whole.
- Answer, Think, Review: Candidates can opt to finalize an option by clicking on the correct option as per their calculation/assumption. A question that a candidate is unsure of can be left completely blank. They can even unmark a particular answer by clicking on the 'Erase' button lying at the bottom of the screen.
- Flexibility: The set of questions present for the XAT MBA Exam can be approached in any order within the stipulated time frame.
- Weightage-preference over Answers: Applicants have the liability to bookmark a particular or a set of questions if they want to review it at a later stage of the exam by clicking on the 'Tag' button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Smart Calculation/Answering: At the mark of exam-completion, even if a test-taker does not click on an answer or even fail to click on the 'Preview Submit' button, the result will be auto-saved by the computer and duly submitted.
XAT Marking Scheme and Time Allocation
All the questions in the XAT will be having equal weight, carrying equal marks irrespective of the difficulty level or the section they are belonging to. Only in the GK section, there will not be any negative marking and also the marks obtained in this section will not be included in the final score. The deduction of 0.25 marks will be there from the total tally for each wrong attempt/answer. Most importantly, 0.05 mark is deducted for a tally of more than eight unattempted questions.
Section-wise Time Allocation for XAT as suggested by experts is:
- Quantitative Ability - 60 minutes
- Decision Making - 50 minutes
- Verbal and Logical Ability - 40 minutes
- General Knowledge - 30 minutes
XAT 2020 Result
XAT Result 2020
XAT 2020 Result was released on January 16, 2020. Therefore, candidates can now access the scorecard by submitting their User ID and password on the official website. XAT Scorecard contains overall as well as sectional percentile. All the eligible candidates will be considered for further selection stages, which are Group Discussion, Personal Interview or Written Ability Test on the basis of their rank and overall score. The score for the general knowledge section is not calculated for the purpose of the merit list. More than 150 B-schools in India accept XAT 2020 scores, including XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI. Candidates can access their scorecards by visiting xatonline.in.
The scorecard can be downloaded from the official website in the following steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on the ‘Results’ tab to enter Login UID and password.
- View result containing marks secured section-wise as well as overall rank.
- Print the scorecard for future use.
Read more about XAT Result 2020
Note: XLRI, Jamshedpur does not take the responsibility of sending hard copies of scorecards to candidates via courier or post.
XAT Answer Key 2020
XAT Authorities has released the official XAT Answer Key 2020 along with the Response Key of the candidates of the XAT Exam. Candidates can download both of the Response Key and the Answer Key from the official website of XAT 2020. The result was declared early on January 16, 2020.
Steps to raise objections to the XAT Answer Key 2020:
1. Visit the link to the official XAT Answer Key. Check here
2. Enter your XAT credentials - Login ID and Password.
3. The screen will be displaying the details of the applicant while one can get to choose on the 'Objection Form' Tab.
4. Next, click on the 'Click here to raise objection' Tab.
5. Enter the necessary details:
- Question Paper Part-Name
- Question ID
- Correct Response in contrary to the Answer Key
- Evidence in support of your Claim
6. Provide a document (if needed) to justify our objection raised.
7. Click on the 'Submit' Tab.
Candidates can also send emails to email@example.com with the subject line of 'Objection' in their quest of objecting to any question of the XAT Answer Key 2020.
XAT 2020 Seat Intake
XAT 2020: Seat Intake
The following table demonstrates a list of the Top MBA Colleges accepting XAT Score along with their Seat Intake and respective Program Fees:
|Name of the Institute||Number of Seats||Program Fees (in Lakhs)|
|IRMA Anand (Gujarat)||180||12.10|
XAT Score Normalization Process
The XAT 2020 Raw Score will be calculated only for Part 1 which consists of VLR, QA and DM sections.
The formula for XAT 2020 Raw Score: (Number of Correct Responses * 1) – (Number of Incorrect Responses * 0.25) – ( * 0.1)
- Count of Un-attempted Questions: For more than 8 un-answered questions only in Part 1.
- Transparency: The XAT conducting authority released the XAT 2020 question paper and XAT 2020 Answer Key after the XAT Exam was conducted, before eventually announcing the XAT 2020 Exam Result.
- NO Negative Percentile: There are no negative scores that are given to any applicant as per the XAT 2020 Score Normalisation Process.
- NO 100 Percentile: XAT calculates its percentile in a way that the student/students acquiring the highest score get a percentile of 99.9+ rather than 100.
XAT Selection Procedure
XAT Selection Procedure 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted for the selection procedure in XAT 2020 on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and XAT Cut Off scores. While some institutes have both GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds, others only have either of the two.
In the group discussion, groups of 8-15 participating candidates are formed and are asked to discuss a given topic for about 15-20 minutes. The topics would mostly be related to current affairs, politics, trending social issues, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, business or education, etc. Candidates are judged in mostly soft skills like communication skills, assertiveness, team management skills, ability to resolve conflicts, leadership qualities, etc.
PI is usually the final round of the selection process. Candidates are required to appear for an interview with an interview panel if they are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GD. The questions in the Personal Interview round are centered around candidates’ background, academics, achievements and motivation behind choosing a career in management. This round aims to determine the communication skills, confidence, and ability to think under pressure among candidates.
Read more about XAT Selection Procedure
XAT Merit List
XAT Merit List 2020
The Merit List of XAT 2020 is created by including different components such as XAT 2020 score, performance in GD & PI, academic records, work experience, and the overall profile of the candidate. The weight of these different components in XLRI is tabulated below. This division of scores applies to all the programs offered by XLRI.
|XAT 2020 score (Part A)||65%|
|GK (Part B)||10%|
|Academic Profile/Work Experience||5%|
It should be noted that post-XAT 2020, there will not be any centralized counseling procedure. Candidates will have to individually apply for each of the member Institutes of XAMI or other participating institutes of XAT 2020 with their scorecard. Candidates will be selected for admission to these Institutes on the basis of XAT 2020 cut-off score, performance in the GD/PI round and the final merit list prepared for the qualifying candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
XAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ques. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE /SSC? Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
Ques. Does internship/Articleship count as work experience?
Ques. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Ques. How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
Ques. How can I download the registration confirmation page?
Ques. Can I edit the information given by me?
Ques. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Ques. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Ques. Can you give me details of HRM Program offered by XLRI?
Ques. Can you give me details of BM Program offered by XLRI?
Ques. How to prepare for xat 2020?
- Scheduling and writing XAT 2020 Mocks every week after the date of the CAT Exam.
- Frequent and regular newspaper & article-reading.
- Deeply focussing on concepts and their practical-application.
- Solving previous year papers and trying to get an idea of the pattern of questions.
- Performing a thorough qualitative analysis of each mock test that you undertake.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College