Masters in Marketing in Germany: A Comprehensive Guide
Masters in marketing is a 1-2 year postgraduate degree to further strengthen your career in the marketing domain. It helps you to develop the advanced knowledge and skills required for brightening the marketing career.
- The average tuition fees of universities offering Masters in Marketing in Germany are 5000 Euros to 30000 Euros per year.
- The average salary for a person working in the marketing field in Germany typically earns around 13,900 EUR per month.
- The job prospects after pursuing a master's in marketing from German universities are marketing officer, marketing writer, product development, product marketing manager, etc.
- Top companies hiring marketing graduates from Germany are Goggle, Microsoft, L’Oreal, Apple, HP, Nestle, etc.
Why Study Masters in Marketing in Germany
Below are the reasons why one should study a master's degree in marketing:
- Companies like L’Oreal, Uber, Amnesty International have a marketing team which is the backbone for their success.
- Getting a master degree in marketing will help you in landing a job in fortune 500 companies.
- As the experience increases, the salary of marketing graduates also increases. With 2 to 5 years of experience, salary in Germany increases by 32%.
Reasons for Studying in Germany
Germany is a country that is renowned for its education system and also a hub for international students. There are still other benefits of studying in Germany, which provides a wholesome experience for international students.
- Germany builds influential traditional teachings with evolved methods.
- Germany lets the candidates learn and also helps them to build into well-developed professionals.
- Most of the German universities are public and hence funded by the government.
- The professionals are based on the level of education that they have achieved based on their degrees.
- The tuition fees are low in Germany and not a necessity to learn German in getting a job.
Top Universities offering Masters in Marketing in Germany:-
Marketing degrees help the students to promote and sell the services to the target customers. Marketing candidates learn effective communication and also Product Planning, Sales & Brand Management, Advertising, and Consumer Behavior.
Some of the top universities offering Masters in Marketing in Germany are shown in the below table:
|University||Course offered||Tuition Fees (Euros)|
|University of Bayreuth||MBA Marketing and Sales Management||4900per semester|
|GISMA Business School||MSc in Digital Marketing||16000 per year|
|IUBH University||Master International Marketing management||15980 per year|
|CBS International Business School||MA in Digital Marketing||1255 per month|
|Berlin School of Business & Innovation||MA in Strategic Marketing||11800 per year|
|IUBH Online||MBA in Marketing||844 per month|
|ESCP Business School||MSc in Marketing & Digital Media||20000 per year|
|Munich Business School||Master in International Marketing & Brand management||24000 per year|
|Free University of Berlin||MSc in Digital Marketing||No tuition fees|
|Macromedia University of Applied Sciences||Master’s degree in Strategic Marketing||6500 per semester|
What is Masters in Marketing All About
A Masters in Marketing is a specialized course aimed at the people who want to broaden their marketing career. It provides an extensive career in both theory and practice with a focus on consumer behavior, digital media, etc. Masters in marketing will help the graduates to learn internal company resources along with a deep understanding of international markets.
Masters in Marketing in Germany: Course Curriculum
With a Master’s degree in marketing, a candidate has the opportunity to specialize in more than one area. These types of specialization are more attractive to employers and give confidence in marketing abilities. Some marketing topics that students might study in Germany are:
- Strategic marketing management – It involves implementing marketing campaigns at the management level. You’ll understand separate marketing functions and understanding of a variety of marketing fields.
- Marketing communications – This module is an understanding of consumer segments, communications strategies, and targeting the right audience. It helps to evaluate marketing communication strategies employed by different companies.
- Digital marketing and social media- It helps you to understand various functions linked with websites for marketing communications and customer support. It helps to learn the theory and practice of digital marketing and thus to execute a digital marketing strategy.
- Other marketing topics – Apart from these, other marketing topics are retail marketing, data-based marketing, B2B marketing, customer relationship management, etc.
Comparative Study between Masters in Marketing and MBA in Marketing
MBA programs utilize case studies that help prepare future business leaders to address real-life business challenges. In contrast, master’s degree programs in marketing focus on more advanced concepts, theories, and specific strategies to the field.
The below-tabulated section shows the differences between these two degrees:
|Masters in Marketing||MBA in Marketing|
|Analyze and examine potential solutions to a transforming marketing landscape||Helps to gain business skills for upper-level management.|
|Develop soft-skills in critical thinking and help in decision making for business environments.||You are applying marketing concepts in real-life marketing and business situations.|
|Implement hard-skills in the domain like SEO, Google Ad Words, mobile marketing, content, etc.||Developing a wide range of hard and soft skills in identifying consumer behavior, promotion, and distribution.|
|Courses include Marketing management, advertising,international marketing, etc.||Courses include digital marketing, global marketing, marketing research, etc.|
Admission Process for Masters in Marketing in Germany
Students with a bachelor's degree in marketing, commerce or related field can apply for Masters in Marketing in Germany. Some colleges like GISMA Business School also accept applicants without a bachelor's degree if they have relevant work experience.
Admission Requirements for Masters in Marketing in Germany
- Bachelor's degree with 60% or above percentage
- Official transcripts of previous education
- Updated Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Work Experience (not mandatory for all universities but recommended)
- Proof of English proficiency
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
Since the program is taught in English, international students are required to demonstrate proficiency in this language. Minimum score required to prove proficiency in English for some of the popular universities of Germany are:
|Universities||IELTS score||TOEFL (iBT) score||PTE score|
|GISMA Business School||6.5||-||-|
|CBS International Business School||6.5||92||-|
|Berlin School of Business & Innovation||6.0||-||50|
|ESCP Business School||7.0||100||-|
|Munich Business School||6.5||85||-|
|Free University of Berlin||5.0||71||50|
|Macromedia University of Applied Sciences||6.0||72||-|
Cost of Studying Masters in Marketing in Germany
Compared to some other European countries, Germany is not much expensive. Studying marketing in Germany generally doesn’t require great investments.
The costs incurred while travelling to Germany are part of your pre-arrival expenses. Below is the tabulated section for it.
|Expenses||Cost (in Euro)|
|Germany Student VISA||75|
Cost of Living in Germany
The costs of food, housing, clothing and cultural activities are slightly higher. Below is the tabulated section for the costs of living expenses in Germany.
|Type||Average Monthly Expenses (in EUR)|
|Rent and utilities||€323|
|Food and drink||€168|
|Health insurance, medical costs, medicine||€80|
Scholarships for Masters in Marketing in Germany
Germany is one of the cheapest destinations to pursue a master’s degree across the world. It is a hub for higher education degrees, and many international students get scholarships for postgraduate level.
Below is the tabulated section for the scholarships available for the international students in Germany:-
|Universities||Scholarship||Award Value (in EUR)|
|University of Bayreuth||DAAD||1150|
|GISMA Business School||The University of Law||16000|
|IUBH University||German Scholarship||300 per month|
|CBS International Business School||Non-EU Students Scholarships||3000 of the total tuition fees|
|Berlin School of Business & Innovation||DAAD||1150|
|IUBH Online||German Scholarship||300 per month|
|ESCP Business School||BANCO SABADELL||18,000 to be repaid in 12 months|
|Munich Business School||KfW-Studienkredit||100-650 euros monthly|
|Free University of Berlin||DAAD||1150|
|Macromedia University of Applied Sciences||The Indian-|
|10% to 30% off in tuition fees|
Scope of Masters in Marketing in Germany
A person working in the marketing domain in Germany earns an average salary of 13900 EUR per month. It includes housing, transport, and other benefits which are health insurance, clothing, flooding, etc.
The experience level is an important factor in determining an employee’s salary. Employees having more than 2 years of experience earn 32% more than freshers.
Change in salary also depends on the location and hugely on career fields.
Below are the wages for the jobs in Germany in different marketing careers.
|Job Titles||Average Monthly Salary (in EUR)|
|Chief Marketing Officer||19600|
|Content Marketing Strategist||12500|
|Creative Marketing Lead||11900|
|Market Research Analyst||13400|
|Market Research Manager||14300|
The international students who are coming to study in Germany are drawn by the generous scholarships and top educational systems. The prestige of the universities and their influence on the prospects of the students make it a value worth studying marketing in Germany. Thus the candidates will acquire a strong theory concept and strong practical skills necessary in the marketing domain.