Rosenheim Technical University of Applied Sciences: Courses, Tuition Fees, Application Process, Accommodation and Scholarships
Rosenheim or Hochschule Rosenheim is a German University situated in Bavaria. From 1971 to 2019, the university has provided high-quality and wide-ranging courses in its four major areas of study.
The University has 28% of its students in Law, Economics and Social Sciences with 62% of its students in Engineering Science.
University is situated in one of Germany’s most beautiful Alps and Chiemsee landscapes which gives students an aesthetic experience while studying.
Here is a quick review of the University:
|Major areas of study||Business, Technology, Design, Healthcare|
|Accredited by||Bavarian State Ministry of Science and Art|
|Official website||Rosenheim University of Applied Sciences|
|Admission helpdesk||Tel. +49 (0)8031 / 805 - 2118|
Campus, Programs and Residence
- All Bachelor programmes are taught in Germany, only two Masters programmes are taught in English.
These two programmes are Master’s in Wood Technology and Engineering Sciences.
- Bachelor’s programmes are comprised of 7 semesters- 6 theoretical, 1 practical whereas Master’s programmes are comprised of 3 semesters.
- These 17 Bachelor courses and 8 Masters courses cover four major areas of study- Business, Technology, Design, and Healthcare.
University does not provide on-campus accommodation to students but they assist them in finding one. Options provided to students are as follows:
- Munich Student Union halls of residence.
- Private rooms
- Hotels and Private Boarding houses
Rosenheim Technical University of Applied Sciences Application Process
- Application Deadline:
- For Summers: 15 November-15 December/January.
- For Winters: 1 May-15 June/July.
- Application Portal/ Where to Apply: Online portal
- Documents required: Copy of passport, Transcript and certificate of enrollment from home university, Language proficiency certificate in German, Learning agreement, proof of financial requirements.
- Visa Requirements: EU citizens do not need any visa to enter Germany whereas international students from other countries require a visa.
Cost of Attendance
Here is a basic outline of budget for monthly living costs in Rosenheim:
|Cost type||Actual Cost|
|Hall of residence||250-300 Euro|
|Private rooms including utilities||300-450 Euro|
|Health insurance||80 Euro|
|Miscellaneous expenses||100-150 Euro|
|Undergraduate tuition fees||750 Euro (annual)|
|Postgraduate tuition fees||750 Euro (annual)|
Scholarship and Financial Aids
- DAAD Scholarship Database – This scholarship finances the study-related and research-related stay in Germany for international students.
- Scholarships for university graduates from Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe – The Scholarship is for one year but it could be extended up to 3 years.
- The Amount awarded is 8,820 Euro per year for bachelor students and students with at least one child receives 10,740 Euro per year.
- Bavarian scholarships for international students – International students with good academic standing looking for financial assistance can apply for the scholarship.
- The announcements for the grants are published during the summer semester.
- Student Loan – These loans support students in their advanced education. Loan is offered by the state at low interest rates for international students.
- This loan is for 2 years (maximum) and the amount given is 300 Euro per month. Students can repay this loan 4 years after the first payment of the loan is made.
- Federal Education and Training Assistance Act – Foreign students can only apply for this assistance if they have- one parent with German citizenship; a German spouse; are a legitimate asylum seeker, stateless or a refugee; one parent was legally employed in Germany for three years within six years of the start of the course; or they were legally employed in Germany for five years before the start of the course.
FIND A PROGRAM