Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design Admissions 2020-2021, Entry Requirements & Deadline
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business, and Design offers 5 diploma courses, 37 undergraduate degree programs, and 31 master’s programs. Full- time, part-time as well as distance learning courses are offered by the university. For the session 2018- 19, 856 foreign students were enrolled in the university. The university offers online courses through ILIAS.
- Courses are taught in German as well as English.
- Eight-degree courses are offered in English completely.
- International applicants will be required to prove their proficiency in German or English as per the requirement of the program.
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Type of university||Public|
|Mode of Program||Part-time/ Full-time/ Distance Learning programs|
|Intake Sessions||Summer/ Winter|
|Work experience||Required for some courses|
|Financial Aid||Grants/ Work-study|
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design Admission Deadlines
Application deadline for UG and PG courses are tabulated below:
|Summer||15 January||31 January 2019|
|Winter||15 July||31 July 2019|
The deadline for MA Architectural Design is 1st May.
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design International Admissions
There are several additional requirements for international students along with the general requirements which are the same as the German applicants.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Official transcripts of educational institutions attended previously.
- The transcripts should be translated to German or English.
- German or English proficiency test scores
- CV and portfolios have to be submitted.
- The applicants will be required to submit a Motivation Letter.
- Submission of a bank statement or proof of financial assistance.
- Copy of passport.
- Prior work experience.
Language Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The university offers courses in German as well as English. International applicants are required to prove their proficiency in German or English in order to be admitted to the university.
Minimum required scores for standardized tests in the English language are different for each course. The minimum requirement for some of the courses is given below.
|Course||Minimum required score|
|Master in Architecture||TOEFL: 550 IELTS: 6.0|
|Bachelor in Maritime Logistics||Level B2|
|Master in International Management||TOEFL- iBT: 80 IETS: 6.0|
|Master in Information and Electrical Engineering||TOEFL- iBT: 70 IETS: 5.5|
German Language Proficiency Test
- Wismar University offers DSH examination which is Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber
- Applicants are required to give DSH or Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF).
Visa Process for International Students
- Selected candidates must wait for an acceptance letter.
- Apply for visa by completing the visa application.
- You will be required to book an appointment with the German embassy in your country.
Documents required for completing the visa application are:
- Admission notification from university
- Certificate of university entrance qualification
- Passport size photos
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Schedule and attend the visa interview by consulting the German embassy in your country.
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design Undergraduate Admissions
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design offers two bachelor courses in English. The other courses are offered in German language. The two courses offered in English language are Marine Engineering, bi-national German-Indonesian Bachelor course, and Bachelor in Maritime Logistics. Each course has specific requirements. However, the basic application procedure remains the same for all courses.
Where to Apply: Online Application
Admission Requirements: The following documents have to be provided by the applicants at the time of admission:
- Official transcripts of secondary school.
- The transcripts that are in the native language will have to be translated to either German or English.
- University entrance qualification.
- Financial Support Documents
- International students are required to provide English or German proficiency test score
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design graduate Admissions
Wismar University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business, and Design provides a degree in a number of masters programs. 6 courses are offered in English and the rest are in German. Courses are offered in three faculties which include Technology, Business, and Design. Each course has specific admission requirements. However, the basic requirements for admission are the same for all courses. The requirements for some of the master’s courses taught in the English language are given below.
|Masters in Architecture||UG Degree in field of Architecture; Minimum required GPA is 2.3 on German scale; Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously; Letter of motivation; CV; Portfolio comprising of details of previous work;|
|Master in International Management||UG Degree in Engineering or Business Administration; Minimum GPA required is 2.0 on German scale; Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously;|
|Master in Information and Electrical Engineering||UG Degree in specific fields; Minimum required credit points: 180; Official transcripts of colleges and universities attended previously; Letter of motivation;|
Applicants must note that this university is a good choice for international students. It is because of the fact that the medium of instruction is English for most of the courses. Candidates must try to achieve a good score in the language proficiency tests.