University of Duisburg World Rankings, National Rankings, Subject-Specific Rankings 2020-2021
University of Duisburg, Essen, was formed in the year 2003, due to a merger of two universities in the cities of Duisburg and Essen. The University offers a fresh perspective to students and while being in campus one is likely to meet renowned scientists, students, and scholars from all over the world.
Building on this wealth of sustained internationality and global citizenship, UDE promotes the exchange of knowledge, perspectives, of talents. The University has partnerships with many universities from China to Brazil to the USA. And UDE promotes mobility within Europe, for example in cooperation with their 265 ERASMUS partner universities in almost 30 countries.
University of Duisburg has 11 faculties (Humanities, Social Sciences, Educational Sciences, Economics and Business Administration, Mercator School of Management, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Medicine). The University wants to promote the diverse potentials gathered here even better and more effectively, embracing diversity, promoting academic potential, and fighting for genuine educational equality. The University rewards the brightest of minds and promotes sustainable research and innovation
In many disciplines, the UDE ranks amongst the best 10 of German universities. Over the past three years, research income has risen by 150 percent.
University of Duisburg Ranking Highlights
- The Times Higher Education ranked the University of Duisburg Essen on the band of 201-250th for the World University Rankings 2021.
- The University has steadily improved its position in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking, making it to the top 200 Best Universities in the World.
- The U.S News World University Ranking ranked the University of Duisburg Essen on the 285th rank in the list of Best Global Universities Ranking.
- The University of Duisburg Essen also bagged the 124th rank in the list of Best Global Universities in Europe, in the 2021 edition of U.S. News World University Ranking.
|Ranking Agency / Publication||Global Ranking||National Ranking|
|ARWU Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020||301||19|
|CWUR Center for World University Rankings 2020||307||17|
|CWTS Leiden Ranking 2020||380||9|
|Nature Index 2020||423||15|
|QS 50 under 50||101||3|
|URAP World Ranking 2019||257||20|
|World University Ranking 2020 – Europe||437||50|
University of Duisburg Essen QS Ranking
- QS World University Ranking ranked the University of Duisburg Essen on the 751-800 rank band in the 2021 edition.
- The University stood on the 601-650 rank band consecutively for the year 2019 and 2020.
- The fall in rankings of the University doesn’t have an impact on the likeability and preference amongst the students to enroll in this University.
- Academic Ranking of World University by Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranked the Duisburg Essen University on the 301st position in their 2020 rankings.
University of Duisburg CWUR Ranking
The Centre of World University Ranking is a reputed ranking publication that ranks University on the basis of their overall education and employability rate.
|Institute Name||University of Duisburg – Essen|
|Alumni Employment Rank||972|
|Research Performance Rank||251|
University of Duisburg National Ranking
- Times Higher Education ranked the University as the =22nd Best University to study in Germany.
- 48 universities from Germany are counted in the Best Universities in the World and the Times Higher Education Ranking considered all the prestigious old universities as well as the young universities in its listings.
- University of Duisburg Essen bagged the 16th position in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings list for the Young Universities Ranking for the year 2020.
- In the U.S News World University Ranking, the University of Duisburg – Essen was touted as the 21st Best University in Germany,2021.
University of Duisburg Subject Specific Ranking Highlights
|Subject Name/ Ranking Agency||Global Ranking||National Ranking|
(ARWU by subject)
|Molecular Biology & Genetics/
(NTU by Subject (2019)
(QS World University Rankings By Subject)
University of Duisburg Subject Specific Ranking by THE
The University provides 230-degree programs through 11 faculties/ departments. The Times Higher Education Ranking has ranked the courses provided by Duisburg- Essen in its 2020-2021 edition.
|Arts and Humanities||301-400|
|Clinical, pre-clinical and health||201-250|
|Engineering and Technology||201-250|
|Business and Economics||301-400|
University of Duisburg Subject Specific Ranking by QS
Programs offered by University of Duisburg made it to the top 201-250 rank band in the QS World University Subject Wise Ranking.
|Life Sciences and Medicine||241|
|Agriculture and Forestry||351-400|
|Physics and Astronomy||401-450|
|Economics and Econometrics||451-500|
|Engineering – Mechanical||451-500|
In the U.S News World University Ranking for the year 2021, most of the subjects offered by the University made it to the list of top 200 subjects and subjects like Cardiac and Cardiovascular system and Oncology made it to the list of top 100 subjects.
University of Duisburg v/s Other Universities
|Institute Name||University of Duisburg – Essen||University of Hohenheim||Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
Why choose University of Duisburg – Essen?
- The German University is amongst the top 10 largest universities in Germany and offers international education with a focus on research and innovation.
- The location of Essen and the infrastructure of the university gives the students a chance to connect with German history and culture.
- The University hosts around 43,000 students with a stellar faculty line up that hail from prestigious universities.
- The job and placement rate of the University is quite high. It is higher than the rates of any other University in the region.
- There’s a pretty high chance for the graduates to secure job even before they complete their graduation.
- All in all the University is highly diverse with a great atmosphere and learning exposure for students.