The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST), is a government funded, #1 young university. HKUST offers diploma, bachelors and research degrees to students, in 4 areas of study. It has been ranked #3 in Asia for offering globally ranked courses. HKUST also ranked #12 for global employability rate.
|Residential Halls and Colleges||11|
|No. of International Students||70%|
|No. of Schools||4|
|No. of Courses Offered||157|
|Application Fee||HKD 450|
|Part Time Job||Available, to support studies|
Programs and On-Campus Accommodation
- Some of the top 50 ranked courses, offered at HKUST are: Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Accounting, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management, etc.
- There are 9 residential halls for UG students, and 2 halls for PG students, which can accommodate around 5,286 students at HKUST campus.
The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Application Process
- Documents required: 2 application choices, personal statement, public exam result certificates, final 3 years report of secondary education, proof of prizes/awards, and copy of national identification card along with contact information of academic referees.
- Documents required for:
- PG admissions- Outstanding performance in bachelor/masters, research proposal, plan of research, 2 – 5 referees for reference reports and experience/participation in research proof.
- Application deadlines: Early Round- November 15; Main Round- January 7, 2019; Extended Round- March 31, 2019
- Additional Requirements: There may be an interview, depending upon the choice of course. Students will also be judged on the basis of interview, if it takes place.
- English Language Test Score Requirements:
|Test Name||UG Required Score||Required Score|
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee||HKD 140,000|
|Accommodation Fee||HKD 22,436|
|Personal Expenses||HKD 5,100|
Various scholarships are offered to international students at HKUST. All applications are considered for scholarships only if they are submitted. There are no separate application submissions for scholarships.